Rollercoaster

Guest bradyell

Chapter 41

“Come on angel, stop crying for daddy”

The two week old baby cradled in Aden’s arms showed no sign of acknowledging his words and continued to let her distress show with ear piercing shrieks that pulled on her fathers heart strings.

“Baby girl, please!” he begged “What is it huh? You finished all your bottle so I know you’re not hungry! Are you missing mommy hey?”

“Daddy, why is Gracie still crying?” Beau asked as he made his way down the stairs

“I don’t know mate” Aden sighed

“Is she hungry? Beau checked helpfully as he climbed up onto the couch next to his father and sister.

“Nope” Aden replied lifting the empty bottle to show Beau. “I think maybe she just misses mommy”

“That might be it daddy but she might have a blustery tummy”

“Blustery?” Aden asked a grin coming to his face “You mean wind?”

“Yes that’s what I mean” Beau replied “It means the same thing doesn’t it? In my Winnie the pooh cartoon it was a blustery day and mommy said that just means windy”

“Yeah I guess it does” Aden laughed as he reached out a hand to ruffle Beau’s hair “And you could be right squirt. Do you have wind baby girl?” he rearranged his hold on the little girl so she was upright, her head resting against his shoulder as he gently rubbed his hand up and down her back. After just a few minutes Beau let out a small giggle at the sound of his little sister releasing the wind that had been the cause of her distress. Almost immediately the crying ceased and Aden let out a sigh of relief “Good girl Gracie, all better now hey” he whispered as he lifted her so he could rub his nose against her soft cheek before dropping a few kisses onto the same spot.

“Is mommy going to be home soon?” Beau asked

“She should be” Aden replied as he lay Grace onto his lap “She just went to look at the new flat that Geoff and Abi are going to be living in”

“And Cracker, don’t forget Cracker daddy!”

“How could I forget Cracker” he laughed

“You’d like Cracker Gracie” Beau said as he shuffled closer to Aden lifting his little sisters hand in his own “he’s very soft and fluffy and you like soft fluffy things don’t you?”

“Yeah and so does Cracker” Aden laughed “Meg was telling me all about her bunny teddy”

Beau raised a hand to his mouth to try and hide the giggle that was threatening to escape

“Cracker eated the bunny teddy daddy!” he laughed

“Yeah I know!” Aden replied “And we shouldn’t laugh about it! Imagine how sad you would be if Cracker ate Nic nac?”

“I’d be more sadder than Meg was because her bunny teddy was just a or….or..” he paused as he struggled to pronounce the word he was looking for

“Ordinary?” Aden guessed

“That’s right! It was just a ordinary bunny teddy but my Nic nac is very special because my auntie Nicole gave it to me when I was a just a baby like Gracie but then she went to live in Heaven and I can’t see her so I need my Nic nac to member her”

“That’s right squirt” Aden leant over and dropped a kiss onto the top of Beau’s head “But lets not laugh about Megs bunny anymore yeah?”

“Ok daddy”

“Good boy” he grinned “Hey, are you all ready to be the man of the house tomorrow?”

“I think so daddy, I membered all your structions”

“All of them?” Aden checked

“yup” Beau nodded

“And the most important one?”

“Lots of cuddles and kisses for mommy and Gracie but I have to save the biggest one for you when you get back from your work!” Beau told him

“Right answer!” Aden laughed “I’m gonna miss you squirt and you my beautiful girl” he added as he lifted Grace’s hand and wiggled it gently

“We’ll miss you too daddy wont we Gracie?”

“I hope you miss me as much” Belle exclaimed as she poked her head around the front door

“Mommy!” Beau flew off the couch and into her outstretched arms “We did miss you as much! Especially Gracie, she cried lots and lots!”

“She did?” Belle carried her son back to the couch and sat down next to Aden

“What’s up sweetie? Did you miss me hey?” she took hold of Grace’s free hand as she spoke to her, her voice brimming with concern

“You did didn’t you gorgeous but you had some horrible wind too and that didn’t help did it?” Aden explained

“Was she really bad?” Belle asked looking up to Aden

“For a little while until super bro here realised the reason” Aden grinned and ruffled Beau’s hair again “And then daddy made it all better didn’t he?”

“Clever daddy” Belle smiled before leaning over to kiss him and then dropping one onto Grace’s forehead “How are we ever going to manage without you tomorrow! Do you really have to go back to work?”

“I’m afraid so sweetheart but if it helps I am gonna miss you three way way more than you’ll miss me”

The next morning Aden insisted on giving Grace her early morning feed before he left for work. She had fallen back to sleep before the bottle was empty so he quietly carried her back upstairs to his and Belle’s room and after gently kissing her and whispering I love you’s he placed her into her crib

“Belle, I’ve gotta go gorgeous” he whispered as he sat on the edge of the bed next to her

“Gracie?” she asked sleepily

“changed, fed and fast asleep in her crib” he replied

“Good” she said as she dragged herself into a sitting position and finally opened her eyes “I wish you didn’t have to go” she pouted as she wound an arm around his shoulders raking her fingers through the back of his hair

“So do I babe” he matched her pout for a moment until they both laughed at each others antics.

“Hey, is it raining?” Belle asked listening intently to the tapping against their window

“Yeah, typical eh, perfect weather for weeks and my first day back at work it decides to rain”

“It might be a good thing” Belle said visibly perking up “ maybe they wont take the trawler out if the weather is bad and then you’ll be home early and we wont have to miss you as long!”

“Lets hope so” he grinned before leaning forward and hungrily kissing her. It took a few attempts before he finally managed to pull away. “I really need to go sweetheart, I have to pick up Ric on the way”

“Ok” she sighed “I love you”

“love you too baby” he gave her one more quick kiss before standing up and heading out of the room “bye girls” he said quietly as he got to the door, turning round to blow a kiss into the room.

He made his way quietly into Beau’s room and over to his bed. The little boy was still fast asleep. As carefully as he could Aden pressed a kiss onto his cheek laughing to himself when Beau brushed a hand over his face but failed to wake up at the touch “love you squirt” he whispered before standing up and leaving the room and after rushing down the stairs and picking up his bag he left the house shrugging his shoulders against the rain as he hurried into the shelter of his car.

“Come on Gibbsy! It’s raining and look how rough it is out there” Aden gestured behind him to the rough sea pounding against the side of their trawler

“We’ve been out in worse” the skipper of the boat fired back

“He just wants to get home early to the Mrs” one of the other members of the crew teased

“Hey have you seen my wife and kids” Aden exclaimed “who can blame me!”

“He’s too soft to come out with us if we do go” his mate laughed

“Come on, are we going or what?” Ric asked. It was his first day on the trawler and if he was honest he was looking forward to the challenge that the rough weather would provide.

“Yeah, we are going” Gibbsy decided much to Aden’s disappointment “So lets get a wriggle on! The sooner we go the sooner we get soft lad here back to the family” he laughed as he gave Aden a playful dig on the arm

“Mommy, I’m bored!” Beau complained as he dragged his feet on his walk to join her in the kitchen “When is daddy coming home?”

“soon baby” she replied looking up to the clock. It was after two and she had expected Aden home earlier due to the rain that had been pounding relentlessly against the house all morning. “I bet he’ll be all wet and soggy when he gets in eh”

“stupid rain!” Beau pouted, the bad weather having forced him to stay inside all day had done nothing to appease his bad mood

“Alright grumpy bear!” Belle grinned “Is Grace still sleeping?”

“Uh huh” Beau confirmed as he climbed up onto a chair sulkily placing his chin to rest on his hands as his elbows came down onto the table

“Well then, how about we make daddy a cake to cheer him up when he gets home?”

“That’s a good idea mommy!” As was typical for his age Beau’s mood instantly changed into a happy excited one as he instructed Belle on the kind of cake he’d like to make and they spent a happy half an hour in the kitchen preparing the treat.

“Will daddy be back when the cake is finished cooking” Beau asked as she slid the tin into the oven

“I hope so” Belle replied glancing worriedly at the clock and then pulling her phone out of her pocket disappointment clouding her face when she saw there were no new messages. She opened the message Aden had sent earlier to make sure she had read it properly

Hey gorgeous, missing you all like crazy already! Gibbsy still wants to head out despite the rain so don’t suppose I’ll get chance to call but can’t see us being out there too long! Hopefully will be home nice and early. Big kisses to you and my babies, love you all x x x

She let out a sigh when she realised she hadn’t made a mistake. He had said he’s be home early and now at 2.30 it was later than he’s arrive home on a normal day.

She quickly pulled his number up on the phone and connected the call sighing again when she heard the familiar sound of Aden’s voicemail message kicking in. She was about to leave a message when a small cry emitted from the moses basket in the lounge.

“Ok baby, I’m coming” she called as she hung up the phone and dropped it onto the kitchen table .

By the time she made it into the lounge Beau was peering into the moses basket chattering to Grace to try and stop her cries

“You’re so good munchkin” Belle grinned as she lifted the crying baby into her arms “What would mommy do without you hey?”

Beau shrugged his shoulders and smiled “I think I’m going to go and play with my power rangers on my bed mommy is that ok?”

“course it’s ok baby, you have fun” she grinned to herself as she watched him bound happily up the stairs “Now for you little miss! Are you hungry?” She settled herself onto the couch and was just about to lower her top to feed Grace when there was a loud knock on the front door

“I wonder if that’s your daddy? Maybe he forgot his keys!” She whispered hopefully as she stood up, Grace held tightly in her arms, to answer the door

“Roman, Leah!” she exclaimed “I didn’t expect it to be you. Quick come on in out of the rain” In her hurry to usher them inside Belle didn’t notice the look of worry they both wore

“Hey” She laughed once they were all inside and the door was closed “What can I do for you?”

“Belle, how about I take Grace” Leah said reaching out and taking the baby from Belle before she had chance to reply “Where’s Beau?”

“he’s upstairs” Belle answered hesitantly her eyes flicking between Leah and Roman who had remained silent “What’s going on?”

“Come and sit down” Roman said taking hold of her arm for an instant before she shrugged it off

“Roman, you are freaking me out!” Belle exclaimed “What’s going on? Tell me!”

“There’s been……It’s……..”

“It’s Aden?” Belle interrupted her voice hollow as the sinking feeling she had had for the past hour or so rose to the surface

“the trawler got caught in a storm out at sea and…….”

“And what? Is he hurt?”

Roman stepped closer to her taking hold of her shoulders “Aden got thrown overboard….”

“They picked him up though right? Right Roman? They picked him up didn’t they?” she cried becoming more hysterical with every passing second

“They had to come back into port Belle, it was too rough out there”

“They….He….Aden was with them though wasn’t he? Please Roman, please tell me he’s with them and he’s just hurt”

“I’m so sorry Belle, I can’t……Aden’s still out there, they couldn’t find him”

Er yeah....sorry!!! :unsure:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 42

“Belle?” Roman said as he gently squeezed her shoulders “Come and sit down”

“He….I…..” Belle stuttered

“Alright darling, come on” Roman lowered a hand to her back and gently ushered her towards the couch however almost as soon as he had got her to sit down she jumped up again when Grace began to whimper in Leah’s arms

“It’s alright Belle, I’ve got her” Leah quickly said

“She’s hungry I need to feed her” Belle was insistent as she lifted Grace from Leah’s arms. She took a few deep breaths as she sat down and made herself and Grace comfortable. “You’re hungry aren’t you sweetheart, lets get you fed eh. Can’t have you grumpy when your daddy comes home can we?”

“Belle….you heard what I said right? Aden…….”

“yes I heard Roman” Belle interrupted him “and I’m guessing Alf has already arranged some kind of search or something. Aden will be fine”

“yeah he has but honey I think….”

“He’ll be fine!” she insisted again before turning her attention back to her daughter.

Roman and Leah exchanged glances unsure as to what to do next. They sat in silence for a few moments until it was broken by the sound of footsteps pounding along the hallway and down the stairs

“Granddad! I didn’t know you had camed! Is daddy home yet mommy?” Beau rounded the couch and came to stand in front of Belle “mommy!” he exclaimed when she failed to answer his question

“Huh, what was that baby?” she asked snapping out of the trance she had fallen into

“Is daddy home yet?” the little boy repeated

Belle was just about to reply when the front door was flung open

“Oh my god! Belle we just heard!” Abi, closely followed by Geoff, rushed into the lounge. “Are you ok? Stupid question! Of course you aren’t ok!” Tears were flowing down Abi’s cheeks as she dropped down on the couch next to Belle and flung her arm around her shoulders

Beau watched wide eyed “Why are you crying aunt Abi, what happened? Why isn’t mommy ok?”

“I’m fine baby” Belle answered quickly before anybody else had the chance to. “Why don’t you go back upstairs and play power rangers?”

Beau looked around the room slowly taking in the looks on the faces of the assembled adults

“I’d rather stay with you mommy” he squeezed himself into the small gap between Belle and Abi and wrapped his arms around Belle’s free one “You and Gracie”

“Ok baby boy” she whispered leaning over and dropping a kiss onto the top of his head

The room fell silent again the only sounds coming from Grace as she fed and the occasional sniff from Abi

Roman broke the silence after a few minutes “ Belle, we should talk”

“I’m feeding my daughter Roman” she snapped back in answer

“Ok, but when you’ve finished yeah?”

“Yeah, whatever” she replied

By 7pm Irene and Annie had joined the others at Belle and Aden’s. Charlie had been in a few times to keep them informed as to the progress of the search that was being coordinated from the surf club. Belle sat at the kitchen table flicking aimlessly through a magazine which had been left on the table. It was clear to anybody looking on that she was taking nothing in from the pages she was looking at. Irene had made some dinner for them all and everybody had made a show of eating it to encourage Beau to eat his. Geoff was now playing with him in his room to keep him distracted although not being one to miss anything that was going on Beau was well aware that something was wrong.

“Hey Beau, how about we get your PJ’s on?” Geoff suggested lifting the little boy up from the floor and into his arms

“My daddy always helps me with my PJ’s” Beau replied quietly

“Yeah I know squirt but I…..”

“Put me down!” Beau exclaimed suddenly interrupting Geoff “Put me down! Put me down!” his tiny fists began banging against Geoff’s chest until he gave up and lowered him to the floor. As soon as his feet were on firm ground Beau turned around and fled the room running as fast as he could down the stairs and into the kitchen to find Belle

Mommy, mommy!”

“Hey hey, I’m here baby” Belle looked up from the table and spoke for the first time since dinner opening her arms wide for Beau to run into them “What is it? what happened?”

Beau lifted his head from where he had buried it against her shoulder and sniffed before answering “uncle Geoff called me squirt but that’s daddy’s special word for me not Geoff’s! I want him, I want my daddy!”

“me too baby” she whispered as she drew him back into a tight embrace

They remained like that for a few moments until Leah coughed gently to claim her attention

“Belle I’m sorry but she wont take this bottle” she had grace cradled in her arms and waved a full bottle of milk in Belle’s direction

“That’s because Gracie only likes daddy to give her bottles” Beau explained quietly

“Here I’ll take her” Belle said holding out her arms for her daughter. Leah gently placed Grace into them offering Belle a reassuring smile “I think I’ll take her up to our room to feed her, how about you come up with me sweetheart and the three of us snuggle up in bed hey?” she asked Beau who simply nodded in answer before making his way towards the stairs

“Belle love….” Irene reached out to take hold of Belle’s arm as she stood up from the table “Do you want one of us to come up with you? I don’t think you should be on your own”

“I wont be on my own Irene I have my babies”

“Yeah but…”

“I’m fine Irene!”

Belle left her foster mother standing in the kitchen and followed Beau through the lounge without so much as acknowledging the various pairs of eyes that tracked her journey across the room and up the stairs.

As soon as the sound of the bedroom door closing reverberated around the lounge Roman let out a sigh “She’s not doing too well is she?”

“Nope” Irene replied as she made her way into the lounge to join them “She’s still talking like he’s gonna wander through the door at any minute”

“Well, he might” Abi whispered

“it’s been nearly 5 hours sweetheart” Geoff replied quietly “I don’t think he will”

Once they were up in her room Belle helped Beau into a pair of pyjamas and changed Grace into a clean babygro before settling onto the bed. Grace fed quickly and within half an hour both her and Beau were asleep snuggled into Belle’s arms. She lay in silence listening to the murmuring coming from downstairs but having no desire to leave the safe haven of her and Aden’s room. She turned her head to look at the picture frame Aden had propped on the nightstand next to his side of the bed. It contained two pictures, one of the two of them on their wedding day and the other one he had replaced just the week before was of Beau cradling Grace in his arms. As she looked at it a rush of memories flooded through her and for the next hour she lay there with her eyes closed as her mind took her through the highlights of her and Aden’s relationship. She was dragged back to the present by a gentle knock on the door.

“Belle, it’s Mattie. Can I come in?”

“Yeah” Belle replied

Matilda pushed open the door just enough to slide her slim frame through the gap and then closed it behind her

“Hey, how’re you doing?” she asked quietly as she walked over to the bed and perched on the edge

“Ok” Belle replied with a nod “I didn’t know you were here. How’s Ric?”

“Yeah, he’s alright, a few bumps and bruises but…..he insisted on going over to the surf club…”

“Is there any ne…” Belle interrupted only to be cut off quickly by her friend

“No nothing yet. Belle….” Matilda took a deep breath and rested a hand on Belle’s leg before continuing “We….I….we think that maybe you need to think about…..well that he ..he might…..”

“Don’t! Mattie don’t say it!” Belle’s voice was quiet but forceful

“But sweetie….”

“No Mattie, no! I know…..” tears began to pool in Belle’s eyes but she took a deep breath and forced herself to keep them from spilling over “I know everybody thinks that…..that I’m not dealing with this, that I’m just in denial or something but I’m not I just….I know he’s not dead Matilda, I know in here” she lifted her hand from Beau’s back and placed it on her chest above where she could feel her heart beating

“Oh Belle!” Matilda exclaimed succumbing to tears herself

“I know Mattie” she whispered as the tears began to run down her cheeks. “if it was anybody else I’d probably be the first to shout them down but I’m not crazy! If he was dead I’d know, my heart would know. It beats for him, every breath I take is for him!”

“You have these two” Matilda whispered lifting Grace’s hand gently

“I know and I love them, I love them so much. When Beau was sick and I had to think about the possibility of losing him it was……it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do but Aden was there and he got me through it, he held my hand and he kissed my tears away and he was….he was there and he knew without me having to tell him how I felt. He always knows because he has my heart in his hands the same way I have his in mine and if it was to……if it stopped I’d know…I’d know!” the emotions that had been building for the past five or so hours finally broke free as Belle began to sob. Matilda carefully wrapped her arms around her friend and mindful of the two sleeping children in her arms held her tightly whilst she cried.

The rest of the night passed in much the same manner. Irene and then Abi took Matilda’s place next to Belle, keeping her company as she refused to leave Beau and Grace in the room alone. Roman, having grown frustrated with the lack of progress had gone to the surf club to find out what was being done to find the man he thought of as his son. Geoff had wanted to join him but had been convinced to stay to help support Belle.

At just after 5 Grace’s crying for a feed woke Beau who’s first words upon opening his eyes were “Is daddy home yet?” Belle reluctantly shook her head and pulled him closer to her for a hug whilst Abi lifted Grace up and tried to pacify her for a short time.

“How about we go and get some breakfast hey?” Belle suggested to Beau who nodded his head

“I think my tummy misses daddy too much to be hungry mommy”

“alright baby, let’s just try yeah?” Belle managed to whisper as she fought a battle with the tears that were once again threatening to overwhelm her at her son’s obvious upset

“Ok mommy” he replied taking her hand and leading her out of the room and down the stairs. Abi followed them quietly with a still whimpering Grace in her arms

“Morning darl” Irene came and placed one hand on Beau’s shoulder as soon as they reached the bottom of the stairs, her other arm quickly wrapped around Belle’s shoulders “Let’s go and get you both a drink and something to eat, sounds like Grace could do with a feed too eh?”

“I don’t want anything Irene” Belle said quickly “but Beau will have some cheerio’s”

“luvvie, you need to keep your…..”

Irene was cut off by the shrill ringing of the telephone

The eyes of everybody in the room fell onto the handset placed in the middle of the coffee table. Geoff was the first to respond leaping forward from his seat and picking it up. He didn’t even get the chance to say hello before the person on the other end spoke

“they’ve found him”

Chapter 43

Belle ran into the hospital at full speed Geoff hot on her heels. A wave of relief briefly washed over her when she spotted Rachel waiting in the hallway

“Belle I…..”

“Rachel, where is he” she interrupted the doctor

“They haven’t brought him in yet, they should be here any…” she was cut off by the sounds of a trolley being wheeled through the doors at the end of the corridor

“Aden!” realising that her husband was the patient being wheeled in Belle fled over to his side in an instant her hand grabbing hold of his as the paramedics began giving Rachel information that floated over Belle’s head as her eyes scanned his body looking for the signs of life that she had been assured were there. She let out a gasp when she finally saw his chest rise and fall with a laboured breath “Oh god Aden! I’m here now baby, you’re ok”

“Belle we need to get him seen to” Rachel insisted as they wheeled the trolley towards the emergency room

“Ok. I’ll be just out here, you hold on for me baby ok? Don’t even think about going anywhere without me” she leant down and pressed a kiss to his forehead “I love you” she whispered as he was wheeled into the room and out of her sight.

Geoff reached out for her as her legs began to visibly tremble.

“Lets get you sat down Belle”

“He was…..he was breathing wasn’t he, you saw him breathing?” she checked as Geoff led her to the seating area

“Yeah I did. He’s a fighter, I’m sure he’s going to be ok.”

Belle nodded in agreement as she sat down “yeah he is” she whispered. They sat in silence for a few minutes that was broken when the doors that Aden was wheeled through previously burst open once again

“Where is he?” Roman exclaimed as soon as he was through them

“Roman” Belle cried running over to him

“Hey, have you seen him?” he asked as he wrapped a comforting arm around Belle’s shoulder

“yeah, just long enough to see that he was…..”

“I told you on the phone he was alive Belle”

“I know, I just needed to…..to see it with my own eyes.”

“alright. Is Rachel with him?”

“Yeah. Roman what happened, where did you find him?”

Roman led her over to the seats again as he filled her in on the events of the past few hours

Flashback

“Come on Charlie please, we need to try” Roman had dragged the police officer over to a quiet corner of the surf club. It was full of people involved in the search for Aden and also the clean up of the bay that had suffered some damage due to the storm that had wreaked havoc the previous day.

“I can’t authorise it Roman” she insisted not for the first time

“You can! I know you can Charlie, you managed it when Nicole and Geoff were missing that time”

“it wasn’t dark then Roman”

“Charlie, it could be too late for Aden if we wait for it to get light”

“He’s been missing for over 12 hours, don’t you think that it’s prob…”

“Don’t! please Charlie. I’ve lost one child I can’t lose another! Just one helicopter for an hour that’s all I’m asking”

“alright” Charlie gave in seeing the pain in his eyes “I’ll see what I can do”

“and tell them I want to go up with them”

“Roman!”

“Just ask” he begged as she walked away

An hour later Roman was climbing into the helicopter that Charlie had organised

“I thought we could sweep the islands just off the coast” he suggested to the pilot

“We’ve done this before mate, you just keep your eyes peeled yeah”

“Ok!” Roman settled himself into his seat sending up a silent prayer that this search would be as successful as the last one was.

After half an hour he was beginning to think that searching in the dark was as futile as Charlie had suggested. Despite the large beam of the search light it was still hard to distinguish between the shapes it glided over.

“Hey, did you see that?” the co-pilot turned to his colleague as he re-directed the beam of the search light to where he thought he had spotted something “There look”

Roman shifted in his seat to try and get a better look. It took a moment for his eyes to find the strip of reflective clothing they had spotted but when they did he let out a gasp

“That’s him, that’s Aden! Get us down quickly!” his heart remained in his mouth as they spent a few minutes trying to find a suitable place to land. He was the first out of the helicopter as soon as it was safe, his feet pounding quickly across the sand to the spot where Aden lay lifeless. “Aden, can you hear me?” as soon as he was in touching distance Roman dropped onto his knees and pulled Aden to lay on his back “Come on son, come on” he fought back a wave of nausea as he spotted the cuts and bruises marking Aden’s face. He quickly placed two fingers against Aden’s neck a sigh of relief breaking over his lips as he felt a faint beating beneath them.

“Good boy son, you hold on you hear me.” tears began to stream down his face as he turned to the other two men who had finally caught up with him “he’s…he’s alive!”

“Alright, let us get a look at him”

Roman reluctantly moved aside to let them see to Aden. As he stood up he pulled his phone from his pocket surprised to see he had some reception. He quickly brought up Belle and Aden’s home number and returning his eyes back to Aden raised the phone to his ear

End flashback

“Did he say anything?” Belle asked

“Nah, he was unconscious the whole time” Roman explained

Belle nodded as she grabbed onto Roman’s hand “Thank you” she whispered “Thank you so much for finding him Roman”

“You don’t have to thank me” Roman insisted “He’s….I’m just glad he’s safe”

“Well I’m sure Beau will be busy making you another shiny hero badge to add to your collection” she told him with a small grin which he returned shyly

“How is the little fella?” he asked

“He cried to come with me” she sighed

“We had to convince him to stay and look after Grace” Geoff added

“He’s such a daddy’s boy” Belle whispered reaching behind her on the chair “He insisted I bring this for him”

“Nic nac!” Roman exclaimed taking the toy from her hands and running his hands over it’s well worn head “Wow! He doesn’t usually let that out of his sight”

“Yeah, he said it used to make him feel better when he was having his chemo so he wanted Aden to have it to make him feel…” Belle was cut off from her explanation when the door of the room Aden was in was opened. The three of them were on their feet in an instant rushing to meet Rachel who exited and was making her way towards them

“How is he? Can I see him?” Belle was the first to fire off the questions on the tip of all of their tongues

“He’s stable” Rachel answered quickly “He’s still unconscious but I think that’s due more to exhaustion than anything else as I can’t see any visible signs of trauma that would cause it. I am going to get some scans and X-rays done just to rule out any head or spinal injuries. From the looks of things he has a few broken ribs and some superficial cuts and bruises and he’s obviously very cold so we are in the process of getting him warmed up.”

“So he….he’s going to be ok?” Belle asked her voice shaky with emotion

“I want to see the results of the scans and things first before I confirm anything but I’m pretty hopeful that he’ll make a full recovery”

“Thank god! Can I see him?”

“They are just getting him ready to take him to X-ray but you can go in with him until he goes”

“thank you”

Belle’s legs were shaking once again as Rachel led her into Aden’s room. It took every ounce of strength she had not to fall to the floor when her eyes took in the sight of him on the hospital bed. She closed the gap between them in a few large strides gripping hold of the metal frame of the bed for support with one hand the other instantly reaching out to tenderly trail through his hair before cupping his cheek

“Hey baby, I…..” Tears overwhelmed her as she leant forward and pressed her lips against his “I knew you wouldn’t give up on me Aden” she spoke to him in a gentle voice her face hovering mere inches above his, her tears dripping onto his cheek. “I love you so much sweetheart. You hurry up and wake up you hear me, I need for you to kiss me back” she kissed his lips again sighing quietly when they remained unresponsive “I have something for you, you’re not going to believe this” she turned to Roman who handed her the blue stuffed teddy bear. “This is from Beau” she said as she placed the bear into the crook of his arm “He’s missing you so much already babe and so is Gracie, she needs her daddy to give her her bottle, you’re the only one who she’ll take it from without fussing. I….”

“Belle, we need to take him for the scans now” Rachel interrupted

“ok” Belle replied. She brushed her lips over his a final time “I’ll see you in a little while babe, I love you”

As the bed was wheeled past him Roman gently clasped hold of Aden’s leg and squeezed it “you get well soon son, I love you”

Belle watched as he was wheeled out of the room and within moments felt Roman’s arms around her as her legs finally gave way and collapsed from beneath her.

It had been 2 hours since Aden had been brought back to the room after undergoing X rays and various other tests. Rachel had examined the results and much to Belle’s relief confirmed that her earlier prognosis had been correct and Aden didn’t have any hidden or internal injuries. They now just had to wait for him to wake up. Belle had remained in the same spot on the chair next to his bed the whole time. She had convinced Geoff to go home but Roman had insisted on staying at least until Aden woke.

“You know” Roman said as he glanced at his watch for the third time in as many minutes “I reckon he’s actually awake and is just keeping his eyes shut just to wind us up”

“Maybe” Belle grinned as she leant forward and pressed another kiss to the back of Aden’s hand that was clutched between hers “are you listening baby? You awake?” she stared at his face willing his eyes to open letting out a deep sigh when they remained firmly closed

“Well it was worth a try” Roman said “I’m gonna go and grab us some coffee’s you look like you could do with one!”

“Yeah but it’ll have to be decaf ‘cause of feeding Grace” she reminded him

“Ok, one decaf coming up” he replied as he made his way out of the room

“So….alone at last eh” she said releasing one of her hands from his and gliding her fingertips down his cheek, careful to avoid the cuts and grazes “it’s not like you to pass up an opportunity like this Aden….”

She was gazing so intently at his face that she missed the small twitch of the fingers on his free hand

“Me, you, empty roo…..” she broke off with a gasp when the hand held in hers began to squeeze gently “Aden, baby can you hear me?” the hand squeezed tighter and his eyelids began to flutter “It’s alright baby, take your time” she stood up and perched on the edge of the bed right next to him so that her face was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened fully

“He…hey” he croaked

“Hey yourself” she whispered tears streaming down her face “I’ve been waiting forever for you to wake up you know!”

“Sorry babe” he replied his voice barely loud enough for her to hear

“You will be!” she grinned as she leant forward and pressed her lips to his, the grin widening when she felt the smallest movement from his in response “Don’t ever do that to me again!” she exclaimed as she pulled away

“I’ll try not to” he groaned in pain as he tried to shift his body further up the bed

“Hey, honey take it easy” she placed a hand on his chest to urge him to stay still “I’ll get somebody to come and see you” she reached up and pressed the call button behind his head “Just relax yeah”

“Yeah, I think I will” he grimaced as the pain began to die down “Belle I…I’m sorry, I know you must have been….”

“It’s alright baby, you are here now and you’re safe, that’s all that matters”

“I did it for you Belle, I couldn’t…”

“Aden, it’s ok you don’t have to…”

“I want to Belle” he interrupted “It was so hard to stay…to keep swimming and keep going but I just kept on seeing your face, Beau’s and Grace’s faces and you kept me going, you were what I was fighting for”

“You did it babe, you are still here and we are all here and we love you so much

“I love you too” he replied stretching up despite the pain to press a kiss against her lips.

Chapter 44

“…So all in all I’d say you are very lucky Aden. No lasting damage done.”

“Thanks Rach” Aden replied

“My pleasure, you just need to take it easy. I think we’ll keep you in at least until tomorrow and the….”

“Hey, you’re awake!” Roman came into the room carrying two takeaway cups placing them both down onto the side before quickly making his way over to Aden’s bed “How are you feeling?”

“Like I spent all night washed up on a beach” Aden answered with a wry grin

“Funny that!” Roman replied “Seriously though mate, I am so relieved to have you back with us”

“yeah, and I hear it’s thanks to you that I am?”

“Well I couldn’t sit round and do nothing could I? You are my son Aden, I’ll always do whatever it takes to keep you safe” Roman leant forward and pulled Aden into a hug until the younger man groaned in pain at the awkward position he had been pulled into “Sorry” Roman exclaimed as he let go “Hey, you’re not turning soft on me are you Jefferies?”

“Be fair” Rachel grinned “He has broken ribs”

“Oh I’m not talking about that Rach, I’m talking about the bear”

“Bear?” Aden looked at him confusion written all over his face

“This” Belle said pulling the teddy from where it was poking out from the blankets at his side and placing it on his chest

“Nic nac!” Aden picked the cuddly toy up from where Belle had placed it and stared at it “How?” he asked simply

“Well, I had a battle to get out of the house without our little guy. We had to make a deal, he’d stay at home and look after Grace if I brought Nic nac to look after you”

“Really? Wow! I don’t think he’s ever…”

“He’s never given him up willingly” Belle finished his thought for him as she took hold of his free hand

“How about I run over to the house and pick him and Grace up?” Roman suggested

“Would you mind?” Aden asked desperate to see his children after hours spent wondering if he’d ever see them again

“I offered didn’t I?” Roman grinned “Wont be long” he added as he left the room

“I’ll leave you guys to it” Rachel told them “Aden, give us a call if you want your pain meds topping up ok”

“Will do” he agreed “Thanks again Rachel”

“My pleasure” she smiled as she left the room leaving the couple alone

“How are you feeling” Belle asked raising his hand to her lips and placing a delicate kiss on it

“not too bad considering” Aden grinned pulling his hand out of her grip and trailing the back of his fingers down her cheek “I love you babe”

“I know” she grinned back at him “I love you too! You ready to talk about what happened?”

Aden spent the next fifteen minutes filling Belle in on what had happened. She listened in silence fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall. Her silence continued after he had finished speaking.

“Hey gorgeous, you’ve gone all quiet on me!” Aden said as he raised his hand to her face once again “What you thinking?”

“I’m….I…just thinking about how close we came to losing you Aden! It ki….”

“Don’t baby, don’t think about it! I’m here now, that’s all that matters ok”

“Ok” Belle agreed taking a deep breath to help control her emotions before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his. It was a long lingering kiss which she was reluctant to pull away from, relishing the feeling of his lips moving against hers.

“Sorry” Aden grinned when he ended the kiss and she let out a sigh “I’m just a bit… uncomfortable”

“Oh god! I’m hurting you!” she exclaimed pulling right away from him watching as he shifted to find a comfortable position that didn’t cause pain to shoot through his chest.

“That’s ok, you’re worth it” he smiled through a grimace of pain

“Why don’t I call Rachel back and get you something for the pain” she suggested

“Nah, I’m good! He replied

“Aden you’re not, you’re in pain I can see it in your face!”

“Maybe a little but the pain meds will make me sleepy and I wanna see our babies first”

“Alright, but then you’ll get something?”

“Then I’ll get something” he agreed

“Which one is daddy’s room?”

Aden grinned at Belle when he heard the question being bellowed along the hospital corridor. Seconds later the door to his room was flung open.

“Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!”

Before anybody had the chance to stop him or warm him to be careful Beau had clambered onto Aden’s bed and threw himself into his embrace. Noticing the pain flash across Aden’s face at the contact Belle was just about to open her mouth to tell Beau to be gentle when Aden caught her eye and shook his head. The relief and joy of being able to hold his son in his arms outdid any feeling of pain he was experiencing. He wrapped his arms tightly around the little boys waist and planted kisses into his hair.

“he found you then” Roman laughed as he entered the room, Grace nestled against his chest.

“Yeah he did” Aden replied “There’s my little girl” Roman stepped closer to the bed and lowered Grace so Aden could lean forward and drop kisses onto the top of her head. Lifting her back up Roman handed her to Belle before telling the family he’d leave them alone for a while.

Beau had his face buried into Aden’s neck. He lifted up after a moment as Belle sat down on the edge of the bed

“Daddy, I’m happy you’re not lost anymore!”

“Me too Squirt” Aden replied

“I missed you lots and lots and lots!” Beau continued

“Yeah?”

“Yup!” he nodded “I missed you so much my tummy wouldn’t even let my cheerios in!” “Baby, I told you granddad had found daddy before nana did your breakfast” Belle said reaching out a hand to stroke over Beau’s hair

“I know but…but…” the little boy bit his lip nervously and averted his eyes from Aden’s

“What is it buddy?”

“I hearded the growed ups talking when daddy was still lost”

“What did you hear baby?” Belle asked a tinge of fear evident in her voice

“I heard Charlie saying if they founded daddy he might not be…..be alive” his tiny bottom lip started to wobble but he carried on talking regardless “I was scared that daddy had gone to live with aunt Nicole in Heaven and that’s why I couldn’t eat my cheerios because I wouldn’t see you all the time if you went to Heaven daddy and I‘d miss you really lots”

“I’d miss you really lots too squirt, that’s why I’m not going anywhere ok” Aden insisted pulling his son closer to him despite the pain it caused him

“You aren’t gonna go to heaven daddy?”

“No mate, I’m staying right here with you and Gracie and mommy I promise”

“That’s good” Beau replied simply wrapping his arms back around Aden’s neck and hugging him once again. Aden lifted one hand from his back to take hold of Belle’s squeezing it gently before dropping it and then running his over Grace’s soft hair

“Love you squirt” he whispered into Beaus ear

“I love you too daddy” Beau replied as he leaned back to look at Aden’s face again “You have lots of hurts!” his little hand moved to rest against Aden’s cheeks and then moved to touch the bandage that was tightly wrapped around his chest” Are they sore?”

“A little bit” Aden confessed

“I think you need magic kisses!” Beau exclaimed shifting his position so he was kneeling on the bed next to Aden. He leant forward and as gently as he could placed two kisses onto each of the cuts and bruises on his fathers face.

“Wow” Feels much better already” Aden grinned “But why two kisses?”

“Because you need them off all your portant people to make you really better but Gracie is too little to do magic kisses so I gave you mine and hers together. Mommy can do her own right mommy?”

“Right” Belle grinned. She carefully placed Grace to lay on Aden’s chest watching him intently to make sure it didn’t cause him too much pain. He seemed to be ok with it and placed a hand protectively on her back to keep her safe.

“Hello sweetheart” he whispered down to the little girl “daddy missed you so much angel” he continued as he defied the pain in his ribs and lowered his head to kiss his daughter.

“We missed you too didn’t we?” Belle whispered back as her hand joined Aden’s on their daughters back and her lips trailed gentle kisses over the spots that Beau’s had previously

“Gracie missed you lots daddy! She wouldn’t have her bottle for nana Irene!”

“Really? She seems quite happy now” Aden said looking to Belle who shrugged her shoulders “who fed her? Aunt Abi?”

“nope” Beau answered with a grin and Aden and Belle both realised at the same time who had managed to get their daughter to feed in the absence of both of her parents

“Well, if nana didn’t feed her and Abi didn’t feed her it must have been Matilda” Belle said throwing a wink at Aden

“Or Leah” he added

“No! It was me!” Beau answered them his small chest sticking out proudly “ I gave Gracie her bottle and she drank it all up”

“you!” Aden exclaimed with a grin making Beau’s smile even wider “really buddy?”

“for really daddy!” Beau replied

“Well done baby” Belle smiled leaning forward and placing a kiss against Beau’s cheek “You are such a great big brother”

“Thank you mommy” he answered shyly moving on the bed and lying down so he was nestled in the crook of Aden’s free arm. He wrapped his arm over Aden’s chest squeezing his hand under his fathers hand on Grace’s back

“You ok babe?” Belle asked noticing Aden closing his eyes for longer than was necessary a look of pain etched onto his face

“Mmm” he replied

“Aden! You are in pain! You should call Rachel. We’ll all stay even if you fall asleep” she added realising his reluctance to take more medication was based entirely on his desire to stay awake and with them. “Actually it looks like these two might beat you to it”

Aden looked down at his children “They asleep?” he asked unable to see their faces properly from the positions they were in

“Gracie is and Beau looks like he might be any second now” she grinned

“I’m not sleepy” Beau replied in a voice that completely contradicted his words causing both Belle and Aden to chuckle lightly.

The laughter caused another pain to shoot across Aden’s chest causing him to stop abruptly with a groan

Belle stood up and pushed the button to call somebody to the room

“I’m not gonna get a say in this am I?” Aden asked with a small grin

“Nope. I can’t stand seeing you in pain babe”

“Alright, I’ll take the meds” he agreed “As long as you’ll stay with me”

“Aden, after last night I don’t want you to be out of my sight for a really really long time”

“you might regret saying that when I get under your feet once I’m at home” Aden replied

“Never going to happen sweetheart. I want you under my feet forever!”

• 3 weeks later...

I am sooooo sorry this chap has taken so long and is probably a bit rubbish as a result!! I've had loads going on what with christmas and a cousin who is a walking disater zone having yet another accident this time involving a 15 tonne tesco delivery lorry!!! :huh: (he's ok now btw!) On top of all that my muse seems to have gone AWOL - probably off to sunnier climes if it's got any sense!! Anyways, enough rambling, sorry once again and hope you enjoy!!

Chapter 45

“Aden” Belle sighed as he reached around her and grabbed a slice of cucumber just as she cut it “will you get out from…”

He chuckled before she got to the end of her sentence “Out from..?” he asked as he began to gently nuzzle the side of her neck

“nothing, forget I spoke” she grinned

“Out from under your feet? I knew it wouldn’t take long!”

“That’s no….I just….”

“sweetheart I’m kidding around! Grace is getting a bit grizzly and I just came to see if you wanted to feed her yourself or shall I give her a bottle?”

“Errrm….I just need to finish off lunch” Belle answered “I’ll feed her myself when I‘m done”

“Well why don’t I just give her a bottle or I could finish up here” Aden replied

“No, it’s ok, I’ve got it”

“Belle, I see what you are doing!”

“Babe, you need to take it easy, you only got out of hospital yesterday” Belle replied as she turned to face him

“I have a few broken ribs, I can still feed our daughter or throw a few sandwiches together” Aden said with a sigh as he tightened his hold around her waist

“But….”

“But nothing” he stated firmly closing the small gap between them and pressing his lips to hers “now, what shall I do, feed Gracie or finish lunch?”

“lunch” Belle agreed reluctantly as Grace’s whimpers turned into full blown crying “I’ll go and feed madam! Is Beau still outside?”

“Yeah, he’s gonna put a dent in the path with that bike if we aren’t careful! Maybe after lunch we can take a walk over to see Roman and Leah and he can ride over?”

“Only if you’re feeli…” Belle began to reply but was cut off by Aden

“I’m fine! I’ll text Roman to let him know we’ll be over”

“Ok” Belle agreed stretching up to press a final kiss to his lips before making her way into the lounge “Hey sweetheart, it’s ok, mommy’s here now” she lifted the wailing baby out of the moses basket and cradled her against her chest as she walked over to the couch and sat down. “You’re hungry aren’t you little one. Let’s get you some lunch and then I can have mine with Daddy and Beau”

“You did it wrong daddy!” Beau complained as he peeled back the corner of the bread on his sandwich

“It’s a cheese and cucumber sandwich squirt, how can it be wrong?”

“You did it the wrong way round, mommy puts the cucumber on the top not the cheese” he dropped the bread back down and pushed his plate away “I don’t like it this way!”

“ok!” Aden said pulling the plate towards him. He picked up the sandwich and turned it over before dropping it back onto the plate “here you go, that better?”

“But….but now it’s upside down”

“Are you kidding me?” Aden looked at him incredulously “it’s just a sandwich! It tastes the same whatever way round it goes!”

“It’s wrong! I can’t eat it when it’s wrong! Mommy I ……”

“pass it here baby” Belle grinned. She rearranged the sandwich, placing it the other way around on the plate and removing the cucumber and placing it on top of the cheese as Beau liked “There you go”

“Thank you mommy” Beau replied picking up the sandwich and taking a big bite as Aden shook his head

“I don’t know why I was worried about you being a diva Gracie…” he whispered into the little girl who was lying contentedly in her pushchair which Belle had parked next to the garden table where they were eating “…I think Beau has that covered for the both of you!”

“Hey! I’m not a diva” Beau insisted “What is a diva anyway?”

Aden chuckled as he answered “How can you know you aren’t one if you don’t know what one is?”

“Mommy am I a diva?”

Belle too was laughing as she answered “well baby a diva is someone who’s a bit fussy about things and has tantrums if things aren’t right”

“I don’t have tantrums” Beau insisted

“Beau Jefferies you little fibber!” Aden laughed “What happened the other day when mommy wanted you to wear your red shirt?”

“But I wanted to wear my power rangers T-shirt and I only cried a little bit!”

“A little bit? Buddy you woke Grace up and didn’t stop for like half an hour”

“Yeah but…but….but I’m just Beau I‘m not a…..a what was it again?”

“A diva” Aden grinned

“That’s it daddy, I’m not a diva!”

“You’re not are you baby boy, you just know what you like and what you don’t” Belle said leaning over the table to ruffle Beaus hair

“That’s zackly right mommy, I just like to do my own choosing because I’m a very big boy now”

“Ok squirt, if you insist!” Aden leant over and pecked a quick kiss onto Beau’s forehead “Now hurry up and finish that sandwich and then we can go to granddads”

“Yay! We are going to granddads, I can play with VJ”

“He might not be there” Belle warned before Beau got too excited

“I’m sure he will be if he knows I’m coming mommy”

Aden coughed and whispered the word “diva” at the same time causing Belle to laugh and Beau to look at him with confusion clouding his face

“did you get a cough when you were lost in the water daddy? You should have told Rachel and got some cough medicine”

“Yeah, I should have shouldn’t I” Aden replied adding a cough on the end for effect, causing Belle to laugh harder and shake her head at him

“Aden! Right, come on Beau, eat up and then we can get going” Belle insisted gesturing towards Beau’s plate and the sandwich which so far he had only taken one bite from

“I’m coming on mommy” he replied picking up the sandwich and taking a bite “Can I take my bike to granddads?” he asked mouth still full

“Hey! No talking with your mouth full!” Aden scolded gently “but yeah I think that would be alright” he answered with a grin “As long as you’ll be able to manage to ride it all the way there?”

“Oh I will daddy, I promise”

“I hope so squirt because my ribs are a bit too sore to carry it if you get fed up”

“and I’ll be pushing Gracie so I can’t push you” Belle added

“I’m very good on my bike now and granddad’s isn’t that far so I’m sure I can manage”

“Come on squirt, I can see granddads house! You can make it!” Aden encouraged Beau who was complaining of being too worn out to continue the last leg of the journey

“But my legs are so so tired daddy!” Beau had planted his feet firmly on the floor and showed no signs of moving them any time soon

“I knew this would happen” Belle grinned “Babe, are you alright to push Grace and I’ll push Beau?”

“I think I can manage” Aden replied and had just taken hold of the handle on the pushchair when Roman came jogging up behind them

“having trouble?” he grinned

“Granddad!” Beau jumped off his bike and ran at Roman, wrapping his small arms around his legs

“Hey little soldier, what’s going on?”

“I rided my bike allllllllll the way here but now my legs are sleepy and I can’t ride it any more”

“Hmm that is a problem isn’t it! Let’s see….Belle can you carry these?” he handed Belle a couple of cake boxes which she carefully took from him “Thank you. Right come here you” he lifted Beau and held him tightly with one arm then picked up the bike with his free hand “That better?”

“Yep, thank you granddad” Beau replied with a huge grin

“You sure mate?” Aden asked “He’s not the lightest”

“please! We are practically there! Come on, those cakes aren’t gonna eat themselves” Roman replied as he began to walk towards the house, Belle and Aden following close behind.

“So, how you feeling son?” Roman asked Aden slowing down until Aden was walking next to him

“Not too bad” Aden replied “ribs are a bit sore but other than that…” he broke of to cover a yawn that had escaped him

“tired too by the looks of things” Roman said

“Yeah, but that’s more to do with this beautiful angel waking me up at four am for a chat…” Aden grinned as he reached into the pushchair and tickled Grace under her chin “..and then somebody climbing into our bed at five thirty”

“That was me granddad” Beau explained “I just wanted to check that daddy hadn’t got lost again” he added in a whisper which Aden just about managed to hear

“Squirt, I promised didn’t I? I’m not going anywhere”

“For really daddy?” Beau asked, his voice tinged with concern

“For really buddy” Aden replied reaching his hand over and taking hold of Beau’s “I love you and Gracie and mommy way too much to ever leave ok?”

“and granddad?”

“And Granddad” Aden added with a smile

“ok daddy, now let’s go and eat some cakes!”

They had been at Roman’s for over an hour, they sat under a large umbrella in the garden eating the cakes Roman had collected from the diner and chatting whilst Beau rode his bike up and down the path.

Grace was nestled against Aden’s chest and had been asleep since they arrived. He looked down when she let out a small whimper

“hey sweetheart, you decided to join us huh?” he asked lifting her away from the comfort of his body slightly so he could see her face “Don’t cry gorgeous, daddy’s got you” he lowered her back to his chest when her face crumpled signalling the arrival of tears. Rubbing a hand on her back he looked over to Belle “She’s not due a feed is she?”

Belle looked at her watch and shook her head “Not for another hour or so. Maybe she’s just a bit hot”

“Is that it baby girl? You hot huh?” Grace’s cries hadn’t developed into the full blown screams she was prone to when she was hungry so Belle’s guess was probably correct

“How about we take her inside Belle” Leah suggested “It’s a bit cooler in there. We can leave the boys out here to bake and watch Beau”

“Good idea” Belle replied standing up and rounding the table “Come on honey” she reached out for Grace and took her after Aden had peppered her tiny face with kisses

“daddy loves you Gracie” he whispered as he handed her over “And your mommy too” he added winking at Belle who was unable to resist leaning down and pressing a kiss to his more than willing lips “see you in a bit yeah”

“yeah” she replied with a grin before blowing a kiss to Beau and following Leah inside

“Everything alright mate?” Roman asked Aden once Belle had disappeared inside

“what makes you think otherwise?” Aden asked

“You just went a bit quiet when Leah stated talking about you going back to work”

“You noticed huh?” he asked slumping back in his chair

“Yeah, wanna talk about it?” Roman asked leaning onto the table with his elbows and resting his chin on his clenched hands.

Aden let out a sigh “it’s just……I’m not scared or anything like that, it’s Belle…”

“She doesn’t want you to go back?” Roman guessed

“She hasn’t said anything” Aden sighed again “ but I know her Roman, I know that she’ll be worried sick as soon as I leave the house every day now”

“Yeah, I guess”

“I hate that. I can’t stand the thought of her going through that”

“So what are your options?”

“I don’t know!” Aden ran his hands through his hair “I have a wife and two kids to support it’s not like I can just quit”

“Yeah, I suppose not. There are other things you could do though surely?”

“Such as?”

“I don’t know” Roman grinned “I haven’t had time to think about it yet! But I do think you should talk to Belle about it”

“Yeah, but I don’t…”

“Want to worry her?” Roman interrupted

“Exactly”

“Mate, she knows you better than I do, I’m sure she hasn’t missed the fact something is bothering you. In fact I’d bet a fair few bucks that her and Leah are having a similar conversation inside”

“You think?”

“Yeah I think! She’ll just worry more if you don’t talk to her”

“I guess you are right” Aden replied

“I’m always right!” Roman chuckled “You just cottoning on?”

“Yeah, I reckon maybe I hit my head or something the other night and forgot about your awesomeness for a moment! How stupid of me!”

“pity it didn’t knock that sarcastic streak out of you!” Roman laughed

“You know you’d miss it” Aden laughed too

“Yeah I would” Roman replied “we all would!”

• 2 weeks later...

This will probably be the last update before the big day so i'll take this op to wish you all a very merry christmas! Hope you enjoy this fluffy chap :D

Chapter 46

Leah had convinced Aden and Belle to stay at their house for dinner so it was approaching seven pm as they made their way home. They had left Beau’s bike behind with a promise from Roman that he’d drop it over first thing the next morning. Aden had one arm slung around Belle’s shoulder as she pushed Grace’s pushchair and his other hand held tightly onto Beau’s.

“Mommy, can I play power rangers when we get home?” Beau asked looking around Aden to catch Belle’s eye as he waited for her answer.

“’fraid not baby boy, it’s bath and bed for you.”

“Awww mommy! I’m no…..”

“Not tired? Sweetie you were just about asleep on granddads lap before we left!”

“That was before, now I’ve had some fresh air I’m not sleepy anymore.”

“Well, it’s still bedtime” Belle replied fighting back a giggle at the pout that had formed on Beau’s lips “You’ve had a lot of late nights lately”

“Mommy’s right squirt” Aden added “and Gracie will be going to bed too once she’s had her feed”

“What about you? Will you be going to bed too?” Beau asked hopefully

“Mommy and I need to have a chat” Aden replied glancing over at Belle “but we wont be very far behind you”

“Can I go in yo….”

Belle cut Beau off before he could finish his question

“You’ll be in your own bed munchkin. You’re a big boy now right?”

“I am a big boy but your bed is very comfy and Gracie sleeps in your room”

“That’s ‘cause she still wakes up and needs mommy to feed her during the night” Aden explained “As soon as she doesn’t do that so much she’ll be going into her own room”

“ok” Beau agreed reluctantly “Can I sill come in your bed when I wake up when it’s morning time?” he asked

“You better!” Belle smiled stretching past Aden to ruffle Beau’s hair “I can’t go without my good morning cuddle”

“I’ll def…defi….def….What is it again daddy?”

“Definitely?” Aden suggested

“That’s it. I’ll definitely come in then” Beau said with a grin up at his parents as he took his time over the difficult word “Can I take some toys into my bath with me?”

“If you get a wriggle on and we get home within the next five minutes then yes you can” Belle answered him, smiling when he raised as fist and shouted “Yes” in response

“Beau” Belle called from the bathroom “bath’s ready munchkin”

She grinned as she heard his feet pounding down the hallway seconds before he rounded the bathroom door, pulling his t-shirt off as he came

“Mommy! There aren’t any bubbles!” he grumbled as he gripped hold of the edge of the bath looking into it “Why aren’t there bubbles?”

“Because….” Aden said as he walked into the bathroom cradling Grace “….we thought your little sister could join you and she’s a bit too young for bubbles”

“Really, Gracie is going in the big bath with me?”

“If you promise not to splash” Belle replied as she helped him to climb out of his shorts

“I promise!” Beau replied quickly as Belle steadied him whilst he clambered over the edge and splashed down into the water “Oops! That was a accident” he said seeing Belle wipe the splashes of water from her face

“I know sweetie. Is she all ready babe?” Belle asked turning to Aden who nodded as he unfolded the towel that Grace was wrapped in

“You’re all set aren’t you beautiful” he spoke to the little girl who began to wriggle in his hands as he dropped the towel from underneath her “shhhh honey, it’s alright” he soothed as she began to cry as the cool air of the bathroom hit her body “here we go” he quickly knelt down next to the bath and gently lowered her into the water at the opposite end to Beau. The crying ceased as soon as her feet touched the water and once Aden had her settled comfortably, his hand firmly supporting her head and neck, she began to kick her feet contentedly sending small splashes of water in Beaus direction

“Gracie!” he giggled “stop splashing”

“Aww, I don’t think she can help it baby” Belle said with a laugh “You’re a bit excited aren’t you angel” she dipped her hand into the water and cupped a handful which she trailed over her daughters legs and torso

“Oh you like that don’t you baby” Aden laughed as the little girl in his hands let out a small gurgle of contentment

“Can I do it?” Beau asked before inching closer to Grace

“Sure, as long as you keep it away from her face” Aden replied happily

“Here munchkin” Belle handed Beau a small sponge which he lowered into the water before raising it above his sister and squeezing it gently.

“do you like that Gracie?” Beau grinned up at Aden and Belle as Grace gave another big kick, splashing them all with water “that means she’s happy doesn’t it? Just like she used to kick when she was in mommy’s tummy”

“That’s right” Belle answered as she picked up another sponge and after adding a small amount of baby wash to it began to gently wash the baby girl “we’re all nice and happy aren’t we hey?”

“Yup” Aden grinned “although….you might change your mind in a sec squirt” he added nodding towards the shampoo bottle placed on the opposite edge of the bath

“Oh no! I hate hair washing!” Beau groaned “Do I have to have it done?”

“Yes you do” Belle insisted “But you can chose who you want to do it, me or daddy?”

“Errrrrrrm, daddy I guess” Beau answered reluctantly “he does it quicklier than you mommy” he explained

“Daddy it is then. Here babe, I’ll take her” Belle carefully slid her hands under Aden’s and took Grace out of his grasp “We’ll get you all clean sweetheart and then your brother can play for a little bit with daddy and you can have a feed.”

Aden shifted his position, crawling around Belle so he was closer to Beau

“You all ready squirt?” he asked as he picked up a large cup from the side and filled it using the tap.

“Wait daddy, wait wait!” Beau cried “I’m not ready yet!” he reached out a hand and grabbed a wash cloth that Belle had hung over the edge of the tub. He raised it to his face and held it tightly over his already scrunched closed eyes. “Ok, now I’m ready”

Aden grinned as in one quick movement he tipped the contents of the cup over Beau’s head

“Good boy mate” he said as Beau spluttered, using the cloth to wipe the water from his face “Shampoo?”

“Hang on” Beau squeezed the excess water from the cloth and held it once again against his eyes “Go!”

Aden squeezed a generous amount of the shampoo directly onto Beau’s head and instantly began to rub it in.

“daddy, it’s dripping!”

“It’s alright squirt, it’s Gracie’s baby shampoo, it says on the bottle no tears so you’ll be fine”

Belle chuckled as she reached over a hand to catch the drip of foam making it’s way down Beau’s forehead

“Thank you mommy”

“How’d you know it was mommy and not me?” Aden asked pausing in his actions

“Because mommy has soft hands and you have….not soft hands”

“I think that’s our cue to leave sweetie” Belle said using her free hand to place Grace’s towel onto the bath matt before lifting the little girl out of the water and placing her onto it, quickly folding the edges over her tiny body before she began to cry “Come on, lets get you dry and fed” she added picking her up and cuddling her close to her chest to keep her warm

“bye mommy, bye Grac…” Beau was cut off by Aden tipping a fresh cup of water over his head

“You are so mean!” Belle giggled nudging Aden’s arm before standing up

“What? It’s what we always do right squirt?” Aden told her as he emptied another cup, rubbing his other hand briskly over Beau’s head at the same time to make sure all the remaining suds had gone.

“Uh huh” Beau mumbled “Are we done daddy?”

“Yeah, here you go” He picked up a small, dry towel and once Beau had lowered the dripping wet cloth, used it to dry his face. “Well done son. That wasn’t so bad was it?”

“No daddy, you were quick. Can I play with my toys now?”

“Yeah, here you go squirt” Aden replied picking up a net bag from off the floor and emptying the toys from it into the bath.

Walking down the small hallway to their bedroom Belle smiled to herself as she listened to the sounds of laughter coming from the bathroom as Aden and Beau began to play

“Sounds like our boys are having all the fun Gracie” she whispered to the little girl cradled in her arms “We love our boys don’t we?” she continued as she laid Grace onto the middle of their bed. She quickly rushed into the nursery and grabbed everything she’d need to get her daughter ready for the night. By the time she returned to the bedroom a few minutes later Grace had begum to whimper in distress

“Hey baby girl, it’s ok. Mommy’s here now” she climbed onto the bed and sat cross legged in front of the wailing baby placing both hands onto her reassuringly. Almost instantly to the touch Grace calmed down, and when Belle continued to talk the crying stopped completely as she seemed to take in everything her mother was saying

“So shall I let you in on a little secret?” Belle whispered as she set to drying and dressing the baby girl “I’m a little bit worried about your daddy. He’s been a bit quiet this afternoon hasn’t he? I think he’s a bit worried about going back to work and to be honest Gracie, mommy’s a bit worried about it too! The thought of daddy being on that boat again….” she trailed off as she contemplated the idea of Aden going back to work on the trawler. Just the thought of it caused a shudder to ripple through her slender frame and tears to pool in her eyes. “I don’t know sweetie…” she sighed “I guess the two of us will have to have a chat wont we? Daddy and I, not you and I” she clarified with a little giggle as she picked the now dressed baby up and shuffled with her until she came to rest against the headboard “because as gorgeous as you are sweetheart, the whole girly chat thing is a bit one sided at the moment isn’t it huh?” she raised Grace up to face level and rubbed their noses together gently before pressing a series of kisses over the little girls chubby cheeks “I love you angel. Now let’s get you fed before your brother comes in demanding our attention”

Within a few moments Grace was feeding happily and Belle relaxed back against the pillows behind her enjoying the time alone with her daughter and smiling occasionally when the sounds of laughter drifted in from the bathroom. Just as Grace turned her head away, signalling that she had had enough milk Belle heard footsteps padding down the hallway and then Aden appeared through the door, Beau wrapped in a towel and cradled in his arms.

“Look who it is” she grinned

“Hey mommy, I’m all clean now and daddy said I can get ready for bed in here”

“did he indeed? Come here handsome”

“I’ve just gotta go get squirts PJ’s” Aden quipped as he placed Beau onto the bed.

“Funny! I was obviously talking to my gorgeous boy here” Belle held her free arm open as Beau scrambled awkwardly up the bed towards her.

“Daddy is handsome too though mommy” Beau replied causing Aden to chuckle as he made his way to Beau’s room to collect his pyjamas

“I suppose he is, just a little bit” Belle answered

“Hey I heard that” Aden called from the other room. “And we all know that you really think I’m way, way more than just a little bit handsome” he added coming back into the room, a smug grin plastered on his face

“do we?” Belle asked

“Yep! Now let’s get these little monkey’s ready for bed”

“I can get my PJ’s on myself” Beau insisted jumping onto his feet and dropping the towel onto the bed.

“Are you all dry first baby?” Belle checked stretching up her arm to rub Beau’s back

“Yup, daddy did it in the bathroom” Beau answered as he pulled his top over his head struggling to find the holes for his arms

“Need a hand squirt?” Aden asked as he sat himself down on the bed, tugging at the hem of Beau’s top and twisting it around slightly

“Thank you!” Beau grinned when he finally had the top on properly.

Belle and Aden both watched on proudly as Beau pulled his shorts on himself and then picked up the towel before hopping off the bed and throwing it in to the laundry hamper in the corner of the room.

“All ready” he said as he bounded back onto the bed “Am I having my story in here or in….”

“In your own room!” Belle insisted with a laugh “Who do you want to read it?”

“Well, I choosed daddy to wash my hair so it’s your turn this time”

“I am honoured” Belle smiled “Say goodnight to daddy and Grace then”

Beau clambered over the bed and into Aden’s arms hugging him tightly

“night night daddy”

“Night squirt, I love you” Aden said dropping a kiss onto the top of his sons head

“Love you too daddy” Beau replied lifting his head from its place on Aden’s shoulder and planting a kiss on his cheek.

“Here you go babe” Belle said placing Grace into Aden’s arms as Beau moved back slightly

“Does she get a goodnight kiss?” Aden asked tilting his arm so Grace was closer to Beau

“Of course” Beau replied sweetly leaning down to place a delicate kiss on his sisters cheek “love you Gracie, night night, don’t let the bedbugs bite!”

“and if they do bite them back right sweetheart” Aden continued with a grin

“Come on baby” Belle was standing next to the bed and opened her arms out for Beau to jump into them “She’s been fed so she should nod off shortly” she told Aden reaching out a hand to smooth over Grace’s head “Just put her in her crib and I’ll come in to say goodnight once mister here is sorted”

“Ok babe, sleep tight son” Aden added with a grin as Beau waved to him over Belle’s shoulder as she carried him out of the room

“So it’s just the two of us angel, what are we gonna do?” he asked his daughter who responded with a well timed yawn causing him to chuckle “daddy that boring huh? You’re just tired aren’t you? Come here” he lifted her up so he could place kisses onto her cheeks before settling her comfortably against his chest as he lay back against the pillows “That’s better isn’t it beautiful?” he rubbed his hand in slow circles over the little girls back and within mere minutes she was asleep.

Half an hour later Belle tiptoed down the stairs and made her way into the kitchen. Leaning silently against the archway she watched her husband, a look of worry appearing on her face.

He stood next to the sink, a glass of water clutched in one hand, the other closed into a fist. After a few moments he raised the fisted hand to his mouth and dropped the contents of it onto his tongue then followed it a few seconds later with a long drink from the glass.

She walked quietly up to him and slid her arms around his waist her hands finding their way up and under his t-shirt to rub tenderly over the bandages that were wrapped around his healing ribs

“They sore baby?” she murmured into his ear as her hands continued to caress his torso

“a little” he replied “probably just the way I was sitting in the bathroom or something”

“something being carrying Beau out of the bath! You need to be careful babe” Belle insisted as he turned around in her arms bringing his own hands up to cup her face

“I will be” he replied moments before his lips brushed against hers “so are they both asleep?” he asked as their lips eventually parted

“like angels” she answered with a grin “Beau promised he’d be in our room first thing so we don’t miss his cuddles for long!”

“I’ll look forward to it” Aden grinned reaching down to take hold of her hands which were now resting on his hips “you wanna sit outside for a bit?”

She contemplated the idea for a moment. Sitting outside and taking in the warm evening air sounded lovely but she knew that Aden would be more comfortable on the couch in the lounge as opposed to the hard, upright garden chairs “nah, we can’t snuggle up out there”

“Good point” he grinned as he pecked another kiss onto her lips before leading her into the lounge.

Within minutes they were curled up together on the couch, Belle’s head resting against Aden’s shoulder, his arm wrapped tightly around her.

“so….” he began “we kind of need to talk huh?”

“yeah, I guess” she replied quietly shifting her position so she could look into his eyes

“Do you……do you want me to go back to work on the trawler? And be honest with me Belle”

She stared at him for a moment before timidly shaking her head “I…..I can’t stand the thought of it Aden….I…I…..”

“Shhhh baby, it’s alright” Aden soothed as Belle was unable to hold back a stream of tears from running down her cheeks, his free hand raised to gently brush the droplets from her face but it was a pointless task as they were quickly replenished

“I’m sorry” she whispered “it’s just….the other night Aden, it was the worst night of my life, the thought of losing you was more than I could bare!”

“I was alright though in the end eh! I’m here now, pretty much in one piece”

“I know and……” she broke off as she breathed a deep sigh

“What? Talk to me baby” Aden encouraged pressing a kiss to her forehead

“I knew you weren’t….that you hadn’t…” She was unable to finish the sentence but Aden was easily able to guess what she meant.

“How?” He asked simply

“I don’t know” she replied “I could hear all the others whispering about how it had been too long and there was not much chance they’d…that they’d find you alive” she paused for a moment to take a breath as the emotion she was feeling threatened to overwhelm her

“We don’t have to talk about this Belle, if you wanna stop we can”

“no I want to…we need to. I know it sounds really corny Aden but it was like my heart knew that yours was still beating” she grinned shyly up at him through her tears and he couldn’t resist pressing a kiss to her lips

“it’s not corny sweetheart” he whispered

“it felt it when I was explaining it to Mattie. But anyway that’s not the point. The point is Aden that it was still the worst night even though I knew you’d come back to us and I don’t ever want to have to go through that again”

“I hate myself for putting you through that!” Aden sighed

“hey, it’s not like you did it on purpose and like you said , you came back to us, that’s all that matters.” Belle replied

“Yeah I know but I don’t want you to have to go through it again, I don’t wanna go back to the trawler but I have to support you and the kids Belle, I can’t just give up work!”

“You could look for something else”

“like what babe? It’s not like I’m qualified to do anything or…”

“Aden! Any business would be lucky to have you! You’re loyal and a hard worker and….”

“I know that, and you know that but that’s not what matters unfortunately. They wanna see bits of paper with letters on and I don’t have those” he said despondently leaning his head against the back of the couch.

“baby” Belle sighed again running her fingers through his hair “We have savings, they’ll keep us going for a bit….”

“not that long babe”

“Well, what if I went ba…”

“No way Belle” he interrupted guessing what she was suggesting “Grace is only two weeks old, there is no way you are even thinking of going back to work!”

“but…”

“No buts! That is not an option ok! She needs you here with her”

“Ok. So any other ideas?”

“not really, I thought you were the smart one here” he grinned

“finally he realises!” she laughed slightly “well, how about we use the savings to start something up, your own business?”

“doing what?” he asked an interested look replacing the one of worry on his face

“errrm, I haven’t really got that far” she admitted “but it’s something to think about”

“and you wouldn’t mind using the savings?”

“What were we saving for exactly?” she asked a grin coming to her lips

“a rainy day” he chuckled

“I’d say this qualifies as one of those wouldn’t you?”

“I guess so. You really wouldn’t mind?”

“Babe, I was the one to suggest it wasn’t I? As long as you don’t come up with some stupid idea that leaves us destitute then I think we’ll be fine” she laughed

“no pressure then!”

Belle was relieved to see a smile firmly back on Aden’s face

“No pressure” she repeated “I have faith in you Aden” she added in a whisper as she leant her head forward to brush her lips against his

Aden responded to the kiss instantly, letting out a small moan of pleasure before pulling away a fraction of an inch from Belle’s lips

“I love you so much baby” he whispered not leaving Belle chance to reply before joining their lips together again.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year everyone :D:D

Don't think i've said it for a while so thanks so much for the comments, they really do mean a lot :D If all goes to plan there's only one more chap left after this one! I've really really enjoyed writing this fic and it's great to hear you've all enjoyed reading it :D

Chapter 47

“Window cleaning?”

“yup” Aden answered with a grin

“Cleaning windows!”

“yeah” he nodded again

“A window cleaner?”

“Geoff” Aden laughed “I think you have covered all the different ways you can say it! Yes I’m gonna be a window cleaner!”

“Ho…..why?” Geoff asked

“Well, Belle and I had a talk a few weeks ago and she didn’t want me to go back on the trawler…”

“You can’t blame her” Geoff interrupted

“Nah, I can’t! I’d have hated being out there knowing she was worried. Anyways, I’m not really qualified for much else so she suggested I start something up myself”

“And you came up with window cleaning”

“Yep. The start up costs are pretty low, just a bucket and a ladder!”

“Yeah I suppose that’s true but will you make enough money?”

“I hope so! I’ve spent the last week knocking on doors and speaking to people at all the shops in town and I’ve got enough so far to keep me going for maybe 2 weeks. Hopefully I’ll pick up more work through word of mouth once I start and all the ones I do will want me to do it again so yeah, I’m pretty confident”

“I hope it works out, and you know where I am if you ever need a hand with anything”

“Cheers, you might regret saying that when I’ve got you climbing ladders all weekend!” Aden laughed

“Err, I was thinking more along the lines of asking around in our apartment block if anyone wanted their windows doing, or maybe at the school.” Geoff replied

“That’d be good mate, thanks.”

“No worries. So, how’d the little guy get on going back to school?”

“He was great” Aden replied with a grin “Belle’s bringing him here on the way home so you can ask him yourself. They shouldn’t be much longer” he added looking at his watch.

He had bumped in to Geoff when he and Grace arrived at the diner. Belle, who was collecting Beau from school on her way home from a shopping trip in Yabbie Creek with Abi , was going to meet them there.

“How’s it go…..” Aden was interrupted in the middle of his question when a small whimper emerged from the pushchair parked next to the table

“Look who’s decided to join us” Geoff grinned as Aden stood up to lift the crying baby from her pushchair.

“Hello sleeping beauty” he cooed as he dropped a couple of tender kisses onto his daughters head before nestling her in his arms as he sat back down “did you have a nice sleep baby?” he smiled when the crying ceased and she stared up at him, her big blue eyes fixed firmly onto his “I’ll take that as a yes shall I” he chuckled placing another kiss on her cheek

“I would” Geoff answered leaning over the table to briefly tickle the little girl under her chin “Don’t think you are going to get much of an answer any time soon”

“No, she’s not like her brother yet are you angel. He does not stop talking! Seriously, he was even talking in his sleep the other night!”

“Why does that not surprise me” Geoff laughed “Did he say anything interesting?”

“Not really!” Aden laughed “Something about Bruce the shark!”

“Bruce the what now?!”

“The shark! You know, in finding Nemo?”

“Never seen it” Geoff replied with a shrug “Any good?”

“Yeah, it is actually” Aden laughed again “now how about we change the subject from kids films to something a little more manly!”

“What like cars or footie?” Geoff suggested

“Yeah, or how it’s going with you and Abs living together?” Aden shifted Grace’s position in his arms so he could sit forward slightly “Come on, spill the beans”

Geoff rolled his eyes but grinned before he leant forward and began to answer

“Yeah, it’s going really well, still early days bu…”

It was Geoff’s turn to be interrupted when Beau bounded into the diner

“Daddy!” he cried running over to the man in question and attempted to climb up onto his lap

“Hey squirt, just a minute” He lifted Grace up and after giving her a quick kiss handed her over the table to Geoff. “There we go, come here buddy” He lifted Beau up and squeezed him gently in a hug “How you doing? Good day?” he asked. His attention was slightly distracted from his son as Belle walked over followed by Abi, Annie and Meg

“Hello” Belle greeted him with a quick kiss before turning to Geoff and picking her daughter up out of his arms “Hello sweetpea, did you miss mommy hey? How’s she been?” she asked Aden

“Perfect as always” he answered before Beau took his face in his small hands and forcefully turned it to look in his direction

“Daddy! You didn’t listen how my day was!” he pouted

“Sorry squirt! I’m listening now, how was it huh?”

“It was very good daddy, we made I love you cards for vallytines day!”

“Wow, that sounds fun! So have you decided who you are going to send yours to?”

The grin slipped from Beau’s face and his little shoulders slumped as he dropped his head so Aden couldn’t see his face “Hey, what is it buddy?” Aden placed his fingers under Beau’s chin and gently pushed his head back up “you wanna tell daddy?”

“It’s very co…copli…com…..”

“Complicated?”

“That’s it daddy, coplicated! It’s very coplicated! You have to give vallytines cards to a girl that you love and I love lots of girls! I love mommy and Gracie and Abi and Annie and nana and Leah and Meg and Emme and….”

“I get the picture squirt” Aden was having trouble holding back the grin that was threatening to burst onto his face but seeing how serious Beau was being he bit his lip to force it back

“The thing is daddy, we only had enough time to make just one card so I need to chose who I love the mostest to send it too!”

“Hmm that is complicated” Aden replied thoughtfully “I wonder what we can do hey?”

“I’m very worried about it daddy, I don’t want to make anybody sad if I don’t send them a card”

“I think they would be really sad if they didn’t get a card from you! How about we get all your arty things out when we get home and make some more?”

“For really?”

“For really!” Aden grinned as he pressed a kiss to Beau’s forehead “Now are we done ‘cause nutmeg looks like she might explode if she doesn’t get to come over!”

Noticing that Aden and Beau were having a serious conversation Annie had thoughtfully held Meg back from rushing over to Aden as she usually did.

“nana would be cross if she exploded” beau giggled “It would be very messy!”

“Yes it would!” Aden laughed “Shall we call her over?”

Beau nodded and Aden waved to the young girl in question “Hey Nutmeg, don’t I get a cuddle today?” he called over to her

“Of course you do silly uncle Aden!” Meg giggled as she walked over and climbed up next to Beau to perch on Aden’s lap “I was just letting you and Beau have your secret”

“Thanks princess” Aden grinned pecking a kiss onto her cheek “so how are you gorgeous? Good day at school?”

“I’m very good thank you” she answered with a grin “school was ok, only a little bit boring today!”

“Well it wouldn’t be school if it wasn’t a bit boring now would it?” Aden joked

“I guess not” Meg replied as Beau just giggled

“Do you two monkey’s want a drink?” Belle asked coming to stand behind Aden’s chair, using her free hand to run her fingers through his hair unconsciously

“Can I have a chocolate milkshake please mommy?” Beau asked

“Me too auntie Belle” Meg replied

“Chocolate? That’s not like you princess, I thought you always had strawberry because it’s pink and you love pink things”

“I’m allowed to change my mind sometimes uncle Aden, it’s very boring to have strawberry all the time”

“I guess it is” Aden grinned

“So two chocolate shakes then. What about you babe?” Belle asked Aden

“Errrr” he leant forward and peered through the children on his lap at the coffee cup resting on the table before them “yeah, I’ll have a……..”

“Have a milkshake daddy, they’re scrummy”

“scrummy huh? Well, I never could say no to scrummy” Aden winked at Belle suggestively causing her to laugh

“So what flavour?” she asked through her laughter

“You should have strawberry uncle Aden” Meg suggested

“It’s pink!” Aden exclaimed “I think I’m a bit too macho for pink drinks!”

“You wish” Belle giggled

“Hey! I’ll have vanilla”

“You forgot the magic word daddy!” Beau scolded seriously

“Ooops, sorry! I’ll have vanilla please” Aden repeated adding extra emphasis to the last word

“Better” Belle grinned leaning forward to press a kiss to the top of his head “We’ll be back in a minute. Come on honey, let’s go get these three monkey’s a drink hey” she whispered to the baby girl in her arms as she walked towards the kitchen to order the drinks.

“What’s so funny?” Aden asked the two children who were giggling on his lap

“Auntie Belle called you a monkey too!” Meg managed to get out through the giggles

“She said three monkey’s” Beau chuckled “That’s me and Meg and you daddy, you’re a monkey!”

Their giggles were contagious and Aden found himself laughing along with them

“What’s the joke?” Abi asked pulling up a chair and sitting next to them

“Apparently I’m a monkey” Aden answered her

“That’s not a joke” Abi replied seriously “That’s a fact” she added with a laugh

“funny!” Aden muttered

“I thought so” Abi grinned “And so did these two” she said stretching over to ruffle Beau and Meg’s hair

“Abi, where’s cracker?” Meg asked climbing down from Aden’s lap and walking around the table to her other uncle “I miss you and cracker uncle Geoff”

“Awww, I miss you too Meg, and so does cracker” Geoff reassured his niece as she climbed up onto his lap “Maybe you and Beau could come round and see him at the weeke…….ow! What was that for?” he asked Abi who had just kicked him under the table

“What?” She asked innocently

“You just kicked me!” he replied incredulously

“Did I? sorry hun, I didn’t realise” Abi smiled sweetly at Geoff and reached over to squeeze his hand.

Having ordered the drinks Belle strolled back over to the table and sat down on the last remaining chair

“So have you guys got big plans for valentines day?” she asked looking to her sister and Geoff

“No not really” Abi replied quickly “We’re just staying in right Geoff?” she gave his hand another squeeze

“Er yeah, right, just staying in” he parroted looking slightly uncomfortable

Belle looked to Aden with eyebrows raised in question but he just shrugged his shoulders

“Ok! How about you Annie? Jai taking you somewhere nice?”

“Huh? What?”

“Is Jai taking you somewhere nice? For valentines?” Belle added

“Wha….valen…oh no…..er no….we don’t really….we don’t do valentines”

“Am I missing something here?” Belle asked confused at the reaction she had gotten to her question

“They are obviously just not as romantic and in love as us baby” Aden grinned

“Are you going to give mommy a vallytines card daddy?” Beau asked

“I hope so” Belle exclaimed

“Oh, I think I might have something up my sleeve”

“You don’t have sleeves!” Beau stated pulling at the strap on the vest top Aden was wearing causing everyone around the table to laugh

“oh yeah!” he chuckled “Well I’ll just have to see what I can do”

“I’ve got an idea daddy” Beau turned around on Aden’s lap and knelt so that his mouth was touching his fathers ear as he whispered “You can make mommy a card when I get my arty box out later”

“That’s a great idea squirt” Aden replied also in a whisper dropping a kiss onto his sons head as he turned around and sat back down.

“So, Aden” Abi asked “Have er….are you taking Belle out for valentines or….?”

“That’d be telling wouldn’t it” he grinned with a wink

“You can tell us” she tried again

“Nope, my lips are sealed”

“Babe!” Belle exclaimed “What are you planning? You haven’t told me!”

“Haven’t I just said my lips are sealed”

“Bu..”

“But nothing!” he laughed “You’ll find out on Saturday”

“Wi…..”

“You’ll find out then too Abs!” He laughed “You’ll all just have to wait and see!”

Ok, so it turns out that i can't do justice to the rest of this story in just one more chap so this wont be the last :lol: but the next one will :rolleyes:

hope you all enjoy it :D

Chapter 48

Aden smiled a beaming grin as he walked down the stairs taking in the sight before him. Beau and Grace were in the lounge already dressed ready for the day ahead. Grace way lying on a colourful play matt, her tiny legs kicking happily her hands grasped onto her big brothers who was sitting cross legged on the floor next to her. Beau held his hand out to her but most of his attention was focused on the cartoon currently on the television in front of him.

“morning daddy” he called, his eyes never once leaving the screen

“morning squirt” Aden chuckled

“Gracie said good morning too” the little boy added

“good morning again angel” Aden crouched down next to his daughter taking hold of her free hand “We already had a chat this morning didn’t we eh?”

“What did you talk about?” Beau asked finally dragging his attention away from the cartoon and looking towards his father

“Oh just about this and that! She did mention how much she loves her big brother!”

“That’s me! I’m a good big brother aren’t I Gracie?”

“She said you were the best squirt” Aden grinned leaning over Grace to drop a kiss onto the top of Beau’s head “Now, where’s mommy?”

“She’s in the kitchen making me some pancakes” Beau answered happily before returning his attention back to the cartoon

“Aren’t you they lucky one eh! I’ll be back in a tic then you two, don’t get up to any trouble whilst I’m gone”

“We wont daddy” Beau replied with a small giggle

Grinning to himself Aden strolled into the kitchen. Belle was standing at the sink her back to him. He quietly walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist as he pressed warm kisses to the side of her neck

“Good morning gorgeous!”

“Morning” she replied with a smile

“Happy vallytines day” he whispered into her ear raising his hand to her eye level to reveal a red envelope clutched in it.

“Ooo, just let me…..” she reached over and picked up a towel to quickly dry her hands on before turning around in his embrace, snaking her arms around his neck “ok, give it!”

“Give it? I don’t think so! You have to ask nicely!”

“Pleeeeeease” Belle grinned

“Nuh uh! I think I’m gonna need a bit more persuading than that!”

“Hmmmm, not sure I want it that much” she teased, giggling when Aden growled and pulled her closer crashing his lips against hers. The laughter fell from her lips as his worked there magic against them, leaving her breathless when he pulled away “persuaded enough?” she whispered as she unhooked one arm from around his neck and trailed her hand down his chest

“Would I be pushing my luck if I said no?” he asked with a cheeky grin

“Yes you would!” She replied with a laugh reaching around behind her back and pulling the card from his hand

“So where’s mine?”

Her attention taken with opening the card Belle nodded her head in the direction of the table.

Aden’s smile widened when he took in the table for the first time. It had been set with their best china, a single red rose on two of the plates and two cards bearing his and Beau’s names propped up against their glasses

“Babe!” he exclaimed “You didn’t have to go to all this trouble!”

“It’s no trouble for my boys” she grinned as she returned her attention back to him and standing on tiptoes pressed another kiss against his lips “Happy valentines day”

“I love you baby” he whispered his lips barely leaving hers

“Mmmm, I love you too” she replied continuing the display of affection as he pulled her closer to him. They pulled apart with grins on their faces a moment later when a little voice called from the other room

“Are my pancakes ready yet mommy?”

“They are munchkin” Belle replied as she walked into the lounge to collect Grace. “You ready to come and get em?”

“Yep, my tummy is very very hungry”

“Well lets go then” she grinned picking up Grace and holding out her free hand for Beau to hold

Half an hour later the family were still sitting around the table, Grace nestled against Aden’s chest and Beau sitting on Belle’s lap pointing out the features on the card he had made for her. After much deliberation he had decided to give her the one he had made at school and the others he had made were stacked up on the counter ready to deliver that day.

“See the love heart mommy?” he asked pointing to the card

“yeah I see it baby”

“I drawed that all by myself and then used sparkly red glitter”

“I can see. It’s brilliant! You are so clever sweetheart” she grinned pressing a kiss to the top of his head

“Like my daddy?”

Before either of them could answer the sound of the door knocking reverberated through the house

“saved by the bell” Aden grinned as he stood up and made his way to answer the door

“it wasn’t the bell mommy” Beau looked to her, confusion clear on his face “it was the knocker! Why did daddy say saved by the bell?”

“It’s just a saying” Belle explained “Daddy just meant I was saved from having to say he’s smart because somebody knocked at the door”

“Then he should have said saved by the knocker!” Beau replied before looking up to see who was following Aden into the kitchen “Granddad! Happy vallytines day!”

“happy valentines day little soldier!”

“Hey Roman, you’re up and about early!” Belle said “What can we do for you?”

“erm, nothing much, just thought I’d pop in you know.”

He looked slightly uncomfortable and Belle looked to Aden to see if he had picked up the same as her. He shrugged his shoulders in response.

“Everything ok Roman?” he asked sitting back down and rearranging his hold on Grace so she was resting upright, her head against his shoulder.

“Yeah” he replied leaning back against the counter “all good! So have you er…you heard from Abi this morning?”

“No” Belle answered suspiciously dragging out the word “Roman, whats go…..”

She was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and her sister calling hello from the other room “We’re through here” she called out again looking to Aden for a hint as to what was going on and again receiving shrugged shoulders in response.

“Hello!” Abi chirped happily when she entered the kitchen “Happy valentines day!”

“Happy vallytines day aunt Abi!” Beau was the first to respond as he hurriedly climbed down from Belle’s lap and made his way over to the counter nudging Roman out of the way as he sorted through the pile of cards he had stored there “I maked you a card” he found the one he was looking for and handed it over to his aunt with a sweet smile.

“Awwww Beau! You are such a sweetheart!” Abi leant forward and dropped a kiss onto his head before standing up straight to admire the card she had been given.

“What’s going on?” Belle finally managed to ask

“Yeah, and don’t say nothing!” Aden added “Something obviously is!”

“You’re right” Roman began “Something is going on!” he pushed himself off the counter and walked over to Aden lifting Grace out of his arms. After dropping a few kisses onto her cheeks he handed her over to Abi before turning his attention back to Aden and Belle “Ok, you need to come with us!”

“What?” Aden asked

“You need to come with us” Roman repeated “Belle and Grace with Abi and You and the little guy here with me”

“Again what?” Aden replied confusion lining his face and one glance at Belle revealed the same expression

“Look you’ll find out soon what this is all about but we need to get moving” Roman told them looking at his watch

“I….Bu….Wh…” Belle was struggling to find words to express her surprise. Aden however didn’t have the same problem

“Roman, I don’t know if you know this or not but it’s valentines day! I kind of had plans!” he nodded his head in Belle’s direction

“Yeah I know and trust me, what we have planned is way better than a picnic on the beach!”

“Are you….wha….you just….Roman!”

Abi and Roman were both laughing by this point but neither Aden nor Belle were amused.

“Look mate, I know this seems a bit…iffy at the moment but just trust me yeah?” Roman asked his face softening

“I….” Aden looked to Belle who shrugged her shoulders at him then after a pause, realising what she had done began to giggle.

“I guess we are just gonna have to go” she said standing up and taking Grace from Abi‘s arms “I take it we will get to see each other again at some point today”

“you definitely will” Roman replied “In just a few hours. So you set to go?”

“Yeah, well the boys are” Belle answered “I need to get Grace’s bag sorted, will we be out long?”

“How about…” Abi began gently pushing Belle back onto her chair “..you sit here and finish your coffee and I’ll go and sort out the bag”

“You know what to put in? “ Belle checked deciding it was easier to not argue

“I think I’ll work it out” Abi replied quickly heading into the other room

“You ready then mate?” Roman asked Aden

“Errr, yeah. Squirt you need anything?”

“I need to give out my vallytines cards” Beau replied looking to both parents and then Roman

“”Don’t worry little soldier” Roman answered him “Bring them with you, I think we might just see everyone at some point today so you can give them out then”

“Wha…”

You’ll find out soon enough Belle!” Roman grinned interrupting her “Lets go then yeah?”

“Yeah” Aden replied standing up and going over to Belle’s chair where he crouched down “This is goodbye then gorgeous”

“I suppose it is” Belle replied

“I was talking to Gracie” Aden winked laughing when Belle gave him a playful punch on the arm “Seriously, I’ll miss you baby” he whispered

“Me too” she replied staring deeply into his eyes

“Guys!” Roman laughed as he lifted Beau into his arms “it’s only gonna be a couple of hours!”

Belle and Aden both chuckled as they shared a tender but short kiss

“I’ll miss you too baby girl” Aden said pressing a kiss to his daughters cheek laughing when her tiny fist raised to bat at his face “charming!” he exclaimed taking hold of the flailing hand and pressing a kiss to it. “love you angel and you too” he added raising his eyes to look at Belle “See you later” He pressed another kiss to her lips before standing up and following Roman out of the kitchen Beau blowing kisses and shouting goodbye over his shoulder.

“Are you serious?!”

The trio had arrived at Roman’s house and Leah had just finished filling Aden in on what they had planned for the day

“Yep” Leah replied with a grin

“Wh…Ho…..why?” he finally settled on asking

“Because…” Roman replied “…You and Belle have been through so much this year and we are all so proud of the way you came through it together so we wanted to do something special for you”

“And you came up with this?”

“We came up with this” Roman repeated with a huge grin

“And who would we be?” Aden asked inquisitively, his grin now as wide as Roman’s

“Well us two…” he began, nodding towards Leah “Irene, Abi, Geoff, Jess and Ben, Annie, Matila and Ric, I think Rachel has done a bit?”

He looked to Leah who nodded her head in confirmation

“Wow! I….this is…I don’t know what to say!”

“You don’t have to say anything son” Roman told him placing a hand on his shoulder “just enjoy the day”

“I don’t think you have to worry about that” Aden beamed “it’s pretty amazing already!”

“I still can’t believe you guys have done this” Belle grinned in the mirror as the reflections of her sister and best friend grinned back.

“well believe it! It’s happening “Abi replied

“I just….why again?” Belle settled with as she once again failed to find the words she wanted

“Belle, we love you and Aden and you both deserve something special” Matilda explained for what felt like the hundredth time

“This is more than special” Belle told them as she leant forward to apply the finishing touches to her makeup “This is amazing and I…we can’t ever thank you enough”

“you don’t have to thank us” Mattie said placing a hand onto her friends shoulder

“just have a great day!”

“Oh, I don’t think that will be a problem” Belle grinned “it’s already great!”

Well, here it is, the last chapter :( I would like to thank everybody who has read and commented on this, it really is appreciated and i am so touched that you all think what i write is worth reading!!

A big massive special thanks to Laura, Naomi, Helen, Sally and Taniya for their help, encouragement and support :D

Naomi, who needs Gas :lol:

Chapter 49

Clutching tightly onto Beau’s hand Aden walked up to the wall surrounding the look out at the top of Stuarts point

“We are very high up daddy” the little boy pointed out

“We are indeed” Aden grinned “How you doing with this shirt now?” he crouched down and tugged gently at the collar of the shirt Beau was wearing. It had taken Aden, Roman and finally VJ an age to convince Beau to wear the outfit Leah had prepared for him. Looking at him now Aden was so glad they had as he just knew the sight of their son all dressed up would melt Belle’s heart just as it had his own.

“It’s not very comfy but I’ll manage daddy!” Beau replied with a sigh that made Aden laugh

“Good boy squirt, you look very handsome in it anyway”

“Just like you daddy, we’re the same today” he reached over and tugged at the collar of the black shirt Aden was wearing “cept you are black and I’m……” his voice trailed off as he refused to voice the colour of his shirt, it being the main reason for the need of persuasion

“Pink” Aden filled in with a small laugh “You look great in it buddy, only real men can wear pink and look good” the shirt was only very slightly tinted with the colour and teamed with a pair of cream trousers looked adorable.

“So I’m a real man today? Like you and granddad?”

“Someone mention me?” Roman grinned as he strolled over

“Daddy said I was a real man like you and him today granddad!” Beau explained

“No, I said you were a real man, you added the like me and granddad bit” Aden corrected

“What are you trying to say Jefferies? You don’t think I’m…..”

“You two!” Leah scolded as she walked over to them “Now is not the time for one of your stupid arguments! It‘s time to start”

“She’s here?” The excitement was clear in Aden’s voice and Leah couldn’t help but grin as she replied to him

“Nearly”

“Let’s get this show on the road then!” Aden beamed taking hold of Beau’s hand once again.

Belle stared out of the window of the car as they drove towards the point. She took a deep breath to try and calm the butterflies in her stomach but it was a futile attempt.

“Penny for them”

“huh” Belle jumped out of her daze to turn to face her father who was grinning at her

“I said penny for them! You are miles away”

“I’m just thinking is all” Belle replied, her grin matching his “About how different this is to the last time!”

“Different is good though right?” Mattie asked, her head shooting up from peering into Grace’s car seat

“Different is very good” Belle giggled “Fiji was amazing and I wouldn’t change a thing about it, it was so special and intimate being just the two of us…”

“Yeah I don’t think we need all the details Belle” Abi winked at Belle with a laugh

“Funny! As I was saying, Fiji was really special but I know that this will be just as special for us, especially having all you guys there to share it with us this time”

“Yeah, seeing as how you didn’t give us a moments thought when you eloped! You guys weren’t around then…” Matilda looked to Ben and Abi before continuing “…you can’t imagine how devastated I was! I mean, I should have been decked out in some hideous bridesmaid dre…”

“Hey!” Belle interrupted “I would have chosen nice bridesmaid dresses! Besides, who said I would have asked you?”

“Charming!” Matilda replied, biting her lip to hold back a grin “I’ll just get out here shall I?”

“Awwww and miss another one of my weddings!”

“Vow renewal, not wedding” Abi corrected

“Ok, and miss my first vow renewal” Belle said reaching out a hand to her best friend “You know I would have asked you and you’re here now aren’t you? Not everyone gets to ride in the limo with the guest of honour”

“yeah I know, I really wanted to go in Aden‘s car too but with Beau and Roman it was a bit too full!”

“Wow, we are all comedians today!” Belle couldn’t help but laugh

“Come on girls” Ben laughed at the teasing between them “This is our stop I think!”

“We’re here!” Belle grinned “Let’s get this show on the road then”

Once out of the car they had a walk up to the top of the point. Matilda carried Grace whilst Belle held onto Ben’s arm. As they neared the top Grace began to fuss.

“Shhhh, little lady, c’mon I’ve got you” Matilda tried to sooth her but the baby girl continued to cry

“Here, switch” Belle handed her bouquet into Matilda’s free hand and lifted her daughter from her arms. “Hey baby, it’s alright mommy’s here, I’ve got you” she peppered the little face with kisses before settling her into her arms. Within seconds the crying had ceased letting Belle know that all Grace had wanted was her.

“But……what about your flowers?” Abi exclaimed gesturing to the bouquet Matilda was now clutching.

“They are beautiful, thank you so much for getting them but my baby girl here is way more beautiful especially in this gorgeous dress” Belle ran her free hand over the pale pink dress her daughter was wearing “She needs showing off don’t you sweetheart? You don’t mind do you?”

Abi looked from her niece to the flowers and back again a wide smile pushing the pout from her lips. “How could I mind! Look how cute the two of you are! If she throws up on your dress though…..”

“She wouldn’t do that would you Gracie? We save that for daddy don’t we”

The small group all giggled as Belle once again took hold of Ben’s arm and continued the walk.

They were just approaching the turn to the lookout when Ben pulled Belle to a stop. Matilda and Abi blew Belle a kiss and headed off to join the rest of the assembled guests

“This is as far as I go” Ben said giving her arm a gentle squeeze

“Huh, you mean you’re no….”

“Belle, darling, You already belong so completely to Aden there’s really no point in my giving you away!”

“That is true” Belle replied “I’m so glad you are here for this dad. I know you weren’t around for the wedding, well no one was!” she added with a small laugh “What I mean was you weren’t in my life then and now you are and I am so grateful for that.”

“Me too sweetheart” Ben leant forward and pressed a kiss to her forehead “I’m so very proud of you. Now, come on let’s get you to that husband of yours!”

Matilda and Abi flashed smiles at Aden as they took their seats at the front of the group of guests.

Aden smiled back at them before his eyes travelled over the sea of faces taking in the fact that almost all of their family and friends had come to join their special day.

He jumped when Roman tapped him on the arm

“Sorry mate, didn’t mean to startle you” Roman laughed

“Yeah, I was just…….I can’t believe everyone came all the way up here you know?”

“They all care about you and Belle, simple as! Now, I’m gonna leave you to it”

“What do you mean? You’re my best man right? You stand up here with me”

“Not today son. I’m honoured to be your best man but you have little soldier here to stand next to you” He reached out and patted Beau’s head, laughing when the little boy grinned up at him “and besides, today isn’t about bridesmaids or best men or any of that other stuff it’s about you and Belle a…”

“What about me Granddad?” Beau interrupted “Is today about me too?”

“I would say so yeah” Roman replied beaming down at his grandson before a flash of white caught his eye

“Right, there’s my cue to leave” with a final pat on the shoulder Roman left Aden and took his seat next to Leah.

Aden was still focusing on Beau so was unaware as to what Roman’s cue had been until his son let out a small gasp

“Wow! Mommy looks like a angel!”

His head snapped up instantly and his breath caught in his throat as he saw his wife gliding towards him, their baby girl nestled in her arms.

She was wearing the dress she had wore in Fiji however somebody had made some adjustments to it, adding some beading and ribbons which only added to the beauty of it. The sight of her took his breath away and for a moment he was unable to respond to Beau.

“Daddy look! Look at mommy!”

“I’m looking squirt!” he finally broke out of his trance as Belle stepped up to them “I’m looking. Hey you”

“Hey” Belle had reached them and after gazing into Aden’s eyes for a moment crouched down to Beau “Baby boy, you look so handsome!”

“Thank you mommy. You look very beautiful and so do you Gracie” Beau took hold of his sisters hand and wiggled it gently as Belle pressed a kiss to his forehead.

She stood up and Aden couldn’t keep his lips from hers for a moment longer. It was a quick but loving kiss and as he pulled away Aden lifted Grace from her arms much to the little girls displeasure.

“Shhh angel, it’s just me” he cooed “it’s daddy” he lifted her level with his face and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek before lowering her to snuggle against his chest where she settled contentedly.

“Are we ready to start?” the official who was conducting the ceremony stepped forward

The couple both nodded at the same time, neither of them taking their eyes of the other

“Well, ladies and gentleman, we have been gathered here today to celebrate the love of the couple before me…..”

Aden knew the official was talking and knew he really should be paying more attention to what she was saying but all he could focus on was his wife and how sensational she looked.

He was so happy and one look at Belle‘s face told him that she was feeling exactly the same.

He gave his head a small shake to clear his thoughts and tuned back into what was being said

“…so I gather this has come as a bit of a surprise to the two of you?”

“Just a bit” Belle replied for them with a grin

“Well I have some vows already prepared if you like or you can say your own”

“Erm….” she looked to Aden as she bit her lip shyly

“Do our own?” he suggested

“Yeah” she nodded, happiness radiating from her

“that‘s great, so Aden and Belle will now exchange their own vows. The official spoke to the guests before taking a step back “Ladies first I think” she added looking to Belle who nodded in reply

“Wow! Where do I start?” Belle grinned. She turned her eyes to look back into Aden’s taking a deep breath before she began.

“I remember when you got down on one knee in that airport corridor and proposed to me, you said you wanted to spend your life making me happy. That’s exactly what you have done Aden! I am so, so happy, more happy then I ever thought it was possible to be. You have given me the two most precious things in my life...” she paused for a brief moment as she ruffled Beau’s hair and then reached over to run her finger gently down Grace’s cheek “…for that alone I will always love you. You have been there for most of the major moments in my life. You’ve laughed with me when things were good and held me when they were not so good. Just having you by my side in those rough moments made them so much easier. The only time that I was hurting and you weren’t there was the other week when you went missing. When Roman told me what had happened it was like my whole world had stopped turning and it didn’t start again until we were at the hospital and I kissed you and felt you kissing me back” she raised a hand and gently brushed her fingers over his lips grinning when he kissed them. “I can’t imagine a world without you in it, you are my life Aden so today, once again I want to vow to love and cherish you, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, till…..forever. I love you!” she stretched up onto her tiptoes and pressed a kiss against his lips as he used his fingertips to wipe away the tears that had fallen onto her cheeks.

Grinning when Belle pulled away from him Aden, after clearing the tears from her cheeks, tenderly pushed a strand of hair behind her ear

“my turn then I guess”

He lowered his free hand from her face and entwined his fingers with hers “When we stood on that beach in Fiji and said our vows I honestly thought it wasn’t possible for a person to love anyone more than I loved you at that moment but I was wrong babe ‘cause since then I’ve fallen more and more in love with you every day. Especially the days these two came along” Just like Belle had done previously he rubbed his hand over Beau’s head and dropped a quick kiss onto Grace’s head before taking hold of her hand once again “family didn’t mean all that much to me when I was growing up but now, now we’ve made our own family I realise that it’s the most important thing in the world and I’ll never be able to thank you enough for giving me that. I’ve already promised my life to you sweetheart so today I’ll just stick with telling you that you are now and always will be the love of my life and for the rest of my life I will work on keeping that promise I made in the airport corridor. I love you!”

Within a fraction of a second of the last word leaving his mouth Belle’s lips were pressed against his once more. It was a slow, tender kiss that only stopped when Belle felt a small tug on the bottom of her dress.

She pulled away and looked down to see her son staring up at her

“What is it baby?” she asked softly

“Everybody is sniffly mommy!”

looking up quickly Belle giggled through her own tears when she saw what Beau meant. Abi, Jess, Irene, Annie and Matilda all had tears flowing freely down their cheeks and Leah, Rachel and a few others were hastily wiping at their eyes.

“So they are” she replied “don’t worry though sweetie, I think they are all happy tears”

“I’d say so too” the lady conducting the ceremony agreed with Belle as she ran a hand gently over Beau’s hair “Now this would usually be the part of the ceremony where rings are exchanged but as this was a surpri…”

“Actually” Aden interrupted “it’s kind of a lucky coincidence but…..” he delved into his pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box.

Roman jumped up and quickly made his way over to them

“Here, I think you’ll need two hands for this bit” he gently lifted Grace from Aden and cradled her in his arms as he took his seat again.

“Aden, how did…? Belle began as she watched him slowly open the box

“Well, I wanted to do something special for valentines so I got you this” as he spoke he lifted the ring carefully from the cushion it was displayed on and then handed the empty box to Beau “Thanks squirt” he grinned before looking back to Belle “it’s an eternity ring” he explained as he took her left hand in his and slid the band onto her finger to join the wedding and engagement rings.

“It’s gorgeous” Belle whispered as she admired the way in nestled snugly next to her other rings. It was a row of continuous sparkling square cut diamonds set into a channel of white gold and fit her finger perfectly

“Not anywhere near as gorgeous as you” Aden replied in a whisper as he raised her hand to his lips.

After the ceremony the surprises continued when Aden and Belle were led into a full blown reception at the surf club. After a meal and moving speeches from both Roman and Ben the party went into full swing with the help of a DJ. Abi insisted on Belle and Aden having the first dance and from the moment it had finished Belle felt like her feet had hardly touched the ground. She had chatted to and danced with most of the guests and had barely spent any time with her husband or either of her children. Spotting Irene trying to feed Grace a bottle in the corner of the room she quickly made her way over.

“Hey sweetpea” she lifted a crying Grace from Irene’s arms and instantly brought her into a cuddle “What’s up hey baby, you not being a good girl for your nana?”

“I think it’s just all the noise and fuss eh darl. She’s usually golden for me” Irene replied

“I might pinch her for a bit, take her next door and feed her myself” Belle said gesturing towards the currently empty gym

“Alright luvvie, all her bits and pieces are here if you need them”

“Thanks” Belle leant over and pressed a quick kiss to Irene’s cheek before picking up Grace’s changing bag and hooking it over her shoulder “Let’s go gorgeous”

As she made her way over to the gym Belle made a quick detour when she spotted Beau sitting by himself at a table

“Hi munchkin, everything ok?” she asked as she sat on a chair next to him

“I’m just a little bit worn out mommy, I did lots of dancing!”

“I saw you baby, you were very good!” she grinned

“Daddy showed me all his moves” Beau explained causing Belle to laugh out loud

“Did he now” she managed to get out “Hey, I’m gonna go and feed Gracie in the gym” she told him once she had calmed down enough “You want to come and get a bit of a rest?”

“Is that an open invitation?” Aden asked sneaking up behind her”

“Oh, I reckon we could let you come to” she replied “What do you think babies, shall we let daddy come too?”

Beau nodded his head enthusiastically as he jumped up to take hold of Aden’s hand “Hmmm, Gracie? Do you say yes too?” she lowered her head close to her daughters and grinned as she replied “She said yes” she said as she stood up and took hold of Aden’s other hand and let him lead her into the gym.

Once in there she quickly found a seat and began to feed Grace whilst Aden sat with Beau on his lap. They sat in silence for a while all just enjoying each others company. It didn’t take long for Beau to drift off to sleep.

“it’s been quite a day huh?” Aden asked breaking the silence “did you have any idea?”

“None at all! I still can’t believe they’ve done all this, it’s amazing!”

“And it’s not over yet!”

Belle and Aden both quickly looked to the door where Abi and Mattie had just entered

“What do you mean?” Belle asked

“We mean this” Abi handed Aden an envelope and after manoeuvring Beau slightly he managed to open it

“Seriously!” he exclaimed once he had read the sheet of paper it contained

“What?” Belle cried

“Well you can’t have a wedding without a decent wedding night can you?” Matilda explained

“it’s a night at the sands” Aden told Belle

“In the honeymoon suite” Abi added

“Guys!” Belle exclaimed You….I thought this wasn’t a wedding?”

“Well technically it’s not but we thought you’d appreciate it anyway!” Matilda told them with a wink in Aden’s direction

“We will! But what about these two” Belle gestured to Grace who had finished feeding and was now asleep in her arms.

“Geoff and I are gonna stay at your place” Abi answered “And don’t even think about arguing! There’s an overnight bag for you in the car, not that you’ll need much for tonight I hope” she too winked at Aden causing him to laugh

“So what are you waiting for!” Matilda walked over to Belle and held her arms out “Come on, hand her over!”

“What, now?”

“Yes it’s nine already you want to make the most of it don’t you! Besides, we thought you could sneak out from here. See we know you Belle, we thought you wouldn’t want a fuss!”

“Well you aren’t wrong” Belle stood up and handed Grace gently into Matilda’s arms “Thank you so much” she pecked a kiss onto her best friends cheeks and then her daughters “sleep tight baby girl, I love you” she whispered before heading over to Aden to repeat the goodnight to Beau before finally hugging and thanking her sister.

After saying goodnight Aden handed Beau over to Abi, the little boy stirring slightly but not waking up. He copied Belle’s actions, saying goodnight to their daughter and thanking Abi and Mattie

“Shall we go then babe?” he asked, winding his arm around Belle’s shoulder

“I guess we should” she replied with a grin

“Have a good night” Abi called after them with a giggle

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that” Aden replied “it’s pretty much guaranteed!”

“Wow! This is so amazing” Belle gasped as she pushed open the balcony doors of the suite they had booked into a fifteen minutes previously.

“Yeah” Aden replied

“You could be a bit more enthusiastic” Belle scolded with a giggle “Look at the view!”

“Sweetheart, I’ve been looking at you all day, no view can be as beautiful as that! Come here” he reached out a hand and as soon as she took it he pulled her towards him

“You are such a smooth talker” she laughed “and yes I do love it!” she added before he could get in with his usual comeback

“Cheeky” he chuckled before pressing his lips against hers. The kiss soon escalated as Belle’s fingers worked to undo the buttons of his shirt and his hungrily roamed her body looking for the fastening of her dress growling in frustration against her lips when he failed to find it.

“It’s at the side” Belle giggled pulling her lips from his.

“Why would it be there” Aden groaned as his fingers finally found what they were searching for “Bingo” he added with a chuckle as she trailed kisses along his jaw whilst he slowly pulled the zip down to her waist. Once the zip had gone as far as it would Belle wiggled gently causing Aden to let out a low moan as the dress fell from her slender frame giving him the first glimpse of the lacy lingerie she had on underneath “God Belle!” he pulled her towards him, his lips desperate to claim hers once again as his fingers tangled in her hair. She stepped out of the pool of her dress pushing him backwards as her hands roamed over his chest pushing the shirt from his shoulders. He went willingly, only parting from her to remove his shirt properly throwing it without care of where it landed.

“I love you so much” Belle whispered as his hands came back to her face

“I love you too, you are beautiful Belle” his lips worked their way from hers along her jaw and down her neck “so beautiful” his hands travelled from her hair to her neck and slowly down her body, caressing it tenderly as they went. After a few moments Belle let out a small squeal when Aden lifted her from the floor.

She giggled as her legs automatically wrapped around him but was silenced when his lips pressed against hers again. They never parted as he carried her over to the large bed in the middle of the room nor when he lowered her gently onto it.

“Well this is nice” Belle grinned as she lay snuggled up against Aden later that night. They were so closely entwined that it was hard to tell where one finished and the other began

“Hmmm” Aden replied as his hand rubbed lazy circles on her back

“Again with the enthusiasm” Belle giggled

“Sorry baby” he replied “I’m just kinda…..blissed out I guess!”

“Blissed out?”

“Yeah, this is way way more than nice” he moved his head so he could kiss her pulling away before they, or more likely he, got carried away.

“Today has been really perfect hasn’t it? She asked

“It really has” he replied “Even better than what I had planned” he added lifting her hand and placing a kiss against the ring he had placed on her finger earlier

“I’m sure a picnic would have been just as lovely” she said sweetly “especially if it was just the two of us”

“Well, I was gonna bring the kids” he told her with a chuckle

“Even more special then” she insisted “nothing makes me happier than spending time with you and our babies”

“Same here. You know, seeing everyone there today….it makes you realise how lucky we are”

“Yeah, so much has happened, just this year! I don’t think we could have done it without them!”

“Totally! It’s been pretty major hasn’t it!”

“Major is one word!” Belle said clutching onto his hand “Beau’s illness, Gracie, you going missing!”

“Major doesn’t really cut it does it” Aden replied pressing a kiss to her temple

“Not at all” Belle answered “I’d say…….I’d say it’s been a rollercoaster!”

Comments

Archived