Rollercoaster

Guest bradyell

Naomi, the bit i promised isn't exactly in here but i think the ending will make up for it :D

Hope you all enjoy

Chapter 31

Aden racked his brains as rushed through the busy shopping centre. He was there to get Belle’s Christmas present but after weeks of thinking he was still no clearer on what he was going to buy. He had finally given in and invited Abi to join him on his shopping trip hoping that she would be able to offer some advice and was now scanning the crowds of Christmas shoppers looking for her.

“Aden!” she called as she spotted him before he found her

“Abi, there you are!” he exclaimed as he pushed his way through the throngs of people toward her “Man, it’s so busy!”

“Yeah, well it is two weeks before Christmas Aden, you’ve left this kind of late!”

“Late? Abs, last year I was shopping on Christmas eve!”

“Yeah I remember the panicked phone call” Abi laughed

“I pulled it off though didn’t I? Belle never takes those earrings out!” Aden replied with a grin

“Yeah, the boy done good” Abi laughed “Come on lets get a move on before I melt! It’s so hot!”

“that would be because it’s summer” Aden replied cheekily following Abi into the air conditioned department store “better?”

“Much” she replied “So, where are Belle and Beau today?” she asked as they made their way through the store slowly

“I dropped Beau off at Martha’s farm on the way here, they are gonna chose a Christmas tree for us and Belle has gone for some last minute alterations to her bridesmaid dress”

“There’s still three weeks to the wedding though right? At the rate she’s going….”

“Don’t!” Aden warned “it’s a sore point at the moment”

“Right, ok” Abi laughed “thanks for the heads up! How’s the best man bit going? Big plans for the bucks night?”

“Err, we already had the bucks night” Aden replied “About two weeks ago!”

“That’s like a month before the wedding! Why so early?”

“Well Roman’s official line is that he wanted it over and done with before all the Christmas stuff got in the way but between you and me I think he knew he’d need the time to recover properly” Aden grinned

“I’m not sure I want all the gory details then” Abi laughed

“Couldn’t tell you anyway, what happens on the bucks stays on the bucks! Hey where are we going by the way?”

“Boys!” Abi rolled her eyes as she laughed at Aden’s response “And we are headed to the jewellery department, where do you think!”

“Well the underwear department is this way so I thought….”

“You wanna buy underwear?” Abi asked “Aden, she’ll be eight months pregnant at Christmas”

“She still needs to wear something!” Aden shot back with a cheeky grin

“Oh right, so you were thinking nursing bras and big ……”

“yeah, ok! Maybe we should give the underwear a miss!” he laughed “What did you have in mind then?”

“Well I saw something in here the other day that I think will be perfect”

“In the jewellery department?” Aden checked

“Yup, she’ll love it, trust me!”

“That’s why you’re here” Aden laughed

“Thank god that is over with!” Aden groaned as he threw the shopping bags into the boot of his car “You sure she’ll like it all?

“Aden, she’ll love them!” Abi reassured him as she climbed into the car

Along with her main present Aden had also bought Belle a selection of other smaller gifts including perfume and DVD’s

“I hope so! So you coming back to ours yeah?” he checked as he fastened his seat belt and started the car

“Yeah, if you don’t mind?”

“Course I don’t mind. You’re ok sleeping on the sofa bed though right? Or I’m sure Irene wouldn’t mind you staying over there. You could spend a bit of quality time with Geoff!” He took his eyes off the road for a brief second to flash her a cheeky grin

“Nah the sofa will be fine. The nursery all finished then?” Abi asked

“Yeah it is and nicely avoided!”

“What?” Abi tried to appear nonchalant but had trouble keeping the knowing grin from her face

“Come on Abs! You and Geoff? What’s the deal?”

“I don’t……do we have to talk about this?”

“Yeah I think we do” Aden grinned again “Come on, tell uncle Aden all about it!”

“You’re an idiot do you know that” she laughed

“So I’ve been told, now quit stalling and spill! Do you have feelings for my brother in law?”

“I…..yes….no…..oh I don’t know!” she sighed

“Well that cleared things up!”

“It’s just……I had feelings for Callum and look how that turned out!”

“Abs, Geoff is nothing like Callum. He would never hurt you!”

“Yeah, I know that Aden, I really do but I need to start thinking with my head and not my heart. The whole butterflies thing doesn’t last forever and then what?”

“Geoff gives you butterflies?” Aden asked surprise colouring his words

Abi blushed and looked quickly out of the window, avoiding Aden’s glance

“That blush a yes then?” he teased

“so he gives me butterflies! Like I said that doesn’t last forever”

“Said who?” Aden asked

“Come on Aden! You can’t tell me that you still get butterflies when you see Belle

“I do” he answered honestly “seriously! Every day when I walk up our drive after work, just knowing I’m going to see her….”

“You are serious aren’t you?” Abi looked at him properly, shocked at his revelation

“Yeah I am! She’s the love of my life Abs, I’m glad I didn’t ignore those butterflies when they started”

“so you think I should go for it then?”

“I think you should do whatever you want to do, whatever you think feels right. Don’t string him along though Abi. Geoff’s one of the good guys. He went through so much with Nicole, he deserves some happiness and if you aren’t the one to give it to him then let him go so he can find someone who can.”

“I’ll bare that in mind and I promise I wont hurt him Aden, he means far too much to me”

“Oh you are kidding me?” Aden shook his head with a chuckle as he pulled his car to a stop outside Martha’s farm house

“What?” Abi asked confused at his exclamation

“Look at the size of that thing!” he nodded his head towards the large Christmas tree that had evidently been chosen by Beau and lay at the side of the house ready for him to take home.

“Wow yeah! That is pretty big!” Abi laughed “How are you even gonna get it home?!”

“No idea” Aden laughed as he climbed out of the car “So I wonder where everyone is. Hello?” he called out

“Daddy!” Beau came flying around the house Martha following quickly behind

“Hey squirt” he crouched down and opened his arms wide for Beau who rushed into them throwing his own tiny arms around his fathers neck

“Hello daddy! I picked a big big big Christmas tree for our house and Hugo used his noisy saw chain to chop it down.

“You mean chainsaw?” Aden asked with a grin as he stood up, Beau in his arms

“That’s what I said daddy! Did you buy me a present at the shops?”

Aden laughed as he dropped a kiss onto Beau’s head “All the presents are with Santa now squirt! But I did bring someone to see you.” he turned them around so Beau could see the car and Abi who had just climbed out.

“Aunt Abi!” Beau cried jumping from Aden’s arms and running over to her his arms outstretched

“hello handsome” she replied as he wrapped his arms around her legs “How you doing?”

“I’m good Abi. Are you coming to my house? You can help us put all the pretty things on the tree but you can’t put the sparkly star on the top because that’s my special job!”

“I’d love to help put the pretty things on the tree” she grinned down at him “But how are you going to reach the top? That’s a pretty big tree you’ve chosen!”

“I choosed the biggest one!” Beau replied proudly “I can sit on my daddy’s shoulder to reach the top because then I’ll be big big big like the Christmas tree!”

“You’ve got it all planned out haven’t you mate” Martha said with a smile and Beau nodded his head in reply

“So Beau, have you been a good boy for Martha and Hugo then?” Aden asked looking from Beau to Martha smiling when both of them nodded

“He’s been great” Martha replied “He always is!”

“I don’t know about always” Aden laughed

“Hey, I bet Belle’s excited?” Martha asked, grinning when Aden made it clear from his facial expression that he had no idea as to why his wife would be excited. Mattie, Ric and Beth are arriving later this arvo”

“Really, I thought they weren’t coming till next week”

“Ric managed to get an extra week off work so they are on there way” Martha explained “Tony and Rach are having a bit of a welcome party for them at 8ish”

“I guess we better get home and get this tree up then if we’re heading out again”

“yeah, let me give Hugo a shout and he’ll help you with the tree, we are gonna have to tie it to the top of the car, is that ok?” Martha asked

Aden was about to ask if they could perhaps find a smaller tree but one glance at the excited look on Beau’s face stopped him in his tracks

“Yeah that’s cool. I might have to give Geoff a call see if he can meet us at ours to help get it in the house. That ok with you Abs?”

“Yeah sure” she grinned “I haven’t seen him all week.

Seeing Belle’s car parked on the driveway Aden was surprised to find the lounge empty when he, Beau and Abi arrived home a short while later.

“Where’s mommy?” Beau asked looking around the room for her before heading into the kitchen “She’s not in here” he called when he got there “can I have a drink please daddy?”

“Sure squirt” he replied when he heard the fridge door open “Would you sort him out whilst I find Belle?” he asked Abi who nodded in reply as he made his way upstairs. He heard noises from their room so went straight there

“Hey gorgeous” he said as he rounded the door to find Belle standing in front of their wardrobe

He heard her huff but that was her only response to his greeting

“Alright babe?” he asked walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist, his hands coming to rest on her ample bump. His lips had barely made contact with her neck before she shrugged him away

“Aden don’t!”

Not one to be put off easily Aden pressed himself up to her again and began to nibble on her ear

“Aden! I said don’t!” Belle pushed against him with her elbows until he backed away

“What’s going on?” he asked perplexed at her obvious bad mood

“who said something was going on?” she snapped as she pulled a dress out of the wardrobe, holding it up to her body before throwing it with quite a bit of force onto the bed. Aden followed it’s flight and noticed the already rather large pile of clothes it had landed on.

“Sooooo how did the dress fitting go?” he asked somewhat reluctantly

Belle huffed again in response and returned to her rather vicious flicking through the remaining clothes in the wardrobe “Or should I not ask?” he continued rolling his eyes.

“Do not roll your eyes at me Aden Jefferies!” Belle cried despite the fact that she hadn’t even glanced in his direction

“Wha…how…Belle? What’s going on?”

“nothing!”

“Sweetheart” he tried again to wrap his arms around her waist and was relieved when this time she didn’t push him away “What is it?” his relief soon turned to worry when Belle turned in his arms and he noticed tears streaming down her cheeks “Hey, hey shhhhh! I’m here now baby. What‘s going on?”

“the stupid dress didn’t fit” she whispered as he gently pushed her hair behind her ear

“wha…..right ok!” he had to bite the inside of his cheek in order to keep the laughter at bay, sure that Belle wouldn’t appreciate it at that moment. “so they err….”

“they couldn’t even take it out! There was nothing left to take! They’re having to add an extra panel” she explained “I’m so fat!”

“babe, you are pregnant not fat!”

“Same difference!” she groaned into his chest “and I have nothing to wear to see Mattie tonight! She’s all thin and gorgeous and I look like…like…like an elephant!”

“You do not look like an elephant!” Aden insisted “You look gorgeous Belle”

“How can you say that? Look at me!” she stepped out of his embrace and turned around to look in the full length mirror running her hand over her stomach, which even Aden had to admit was already larger than it had been when she was full term with Beau.

“Babe, seriously, you are stunning! I can’t get enough of seeing you like this”

“Fat?”

“Carrying our child!” he corrected her as he rested his chin on her shoulder bringing his hands to rest once again on her stomach, smiling when he felt a series of kicks against his hands “and feel how happy baby is?”

“I guess!, I love being pregnant but it’s so hard getting used to seeing my body like this”

“I could see your body like anything and still love it” he whispered directly into her ear causing a slight smile to form on her face

“You would say that! You’re insatiable!”

“Nah, you’re just irresistible!” he grinned

“Thank you” she finally allowed a full smile to break free on her lips “you always know how to make me feel better”

“It’s my pleasure” he replied “now come here so I can make you feel even more better”

She laughed as he turned her round and brought her into a passionate kiss only pulling away when they heard a small voice call from downstairs

“Mommy, daddy, uncle Geoff is here!”

“Why is Geoff here?” Belle asked with a laugh as she pulled away from Aden

“Because our son chose the biggest Christmas tree on the farm and I can’t carry it by myself so I called him over to help plus I think he and Abi should spend a bit of quality time together”

“Why? What do you know?” She called as he headed out of their room “Has she said something to you? Aden!”

“You’ll have to wait till later” he said as they made their way downstairs

“Wait for what?” Abi asked “Or would I rather not know!”

“It’s nothing!” Belle replied shooting a glance at Aden that made him chuckle

“Right, where’s Geoff?” Aden asked “We need to get this monster tree inside!”

“Something’s going on isn’t it?” Belle whispered to Aden as she watched Abi and Geoff giggle together whilst hanging decorations from the tree

“You’ll just have to wait and see babe” Aden replied with a laugh as he handed Beau another red bauble “Where you gonna hang this one squirt?”

“Erm….” Beau spent a moment looking at the tree carefully choosing a branch on which to hang his decoration “Is this one good?” he pointed his finger up at a branch that was empty

“Yeah, I think that’s a good spot mate”

“It’s a bit high for me” Beau called a few moments later when he had tried without success to reach the branch he had chosen

“Come here then” Aden placed his hands under Beau’s arms and gently lifted him so he was high enough to hang the bauble

“Thank you daddy”

“you’re welcome” he grinned

“mommy?” Beau whispered

“Yes munchkin” she replied also whispering despite not knowing the reason for the lowered voices

“Where did you put the kissy toe?”

“Kissy….ah you mean the mistletoe” she laughed

“Yes that’s what I meaned! Where is it?”

“It’s in one of these bags somewhere why?”

“Because…” he lowered his voice even more and Belle had to crouch down to his level to hear him and she noticed Aden doing the same “…I think uncle Geoff wants to kiss aunt Abi and she’ll have to kiss him if she stands under the kissy toe, that’s what you said when we got it from the shops”

“I did say that didn’t I” She replied with a gleam in her eye “you are full of good ideas munchkin!”

“Belle!” Aden warned even though he was laughing

“What?” she replied with a laugh “Come on it’s Christmas!”

She stood up and began rooting through one of the bags, after a moment pulling a piece of mistletoe out with a flourish

“Who’s first” she called loudly causing Abi and Geoff to finally drag their attention away from each other to look at her

“I think…….” she waved the decoration around in the air before bringing it to hover over Beau’s head “You!”

He giggled as Belle leant down and smacked a kiss against his lips

“Now…you” she said standing up and stretching up to hold the mistletoe above Aden

“like I need an excuse” he laughed as she pecked him quickly on the lips laughing herself when he pulled her back for a longer, deeper kiss”

“Mushy mushy mushy!” Beau sang causing them to pull apart with laughter

“Cheeky!” Belle giggled “Right just you two now except I can’t kiss you Geoff because you are my brother and that would be weird so…..” she wandered over to them and hovered the piece of mistletoe in the air between their heads “…you’ll just have to kiss each other!”

“Belle I….” Geoff began only to be cut off by Abi who flung herself into his arms and crashed her lips against his

Belle hastily jumped back a grin stretching across her face as the couple continued to kiss seemingly forgetting the other people in the room

“I knew it!” she squealed as she joined Aden and Beau by the couch “this is so exciting!”

“I hope they hurry up and stop being mushy!” Beau exclaimed “I need to put the star on the top of the tree!”

“I think we might have to leave that for a bit mate, lets go and get a drink yeah” Aden suggested

Grinning almost as much as Belle he guided them into the kitchen to give the couple some much deserved privacy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 32

“Sorry we’re late” Belle said to Rachel as she let them into her house just before 8.30 that night

“Uncle Geoff and aunt Abi were being mushy with the kissy toe and we couldn’t put the star on the top of the Christmas tree and I……”

“And Beau had a temper tantrum when we tried to get him ready!” Belle interrupted

“Beau Jefferies! You don’t have tantrums?” Rachel asked with a laugh as she ushered them inside

“It was just a little one” Beau replied sheepishly “I wanted to put the star on the tree before I got ready!”

“And it will still be there for you to put on when we get home squirt” Aden told him as he followed them into the house

“Or in the morning” Belle added knowing that Beau would more than likely be asleep by the time they arrived home that night “So where are they?” she asked eagerly looking around for her best friend

“Everyone’s out back, come on through” Rachel ushered them all past her and Beau eagerly led the way into the back garden

“There you are! Hello gorgeous!” Matilda squealed as Beau rounded the door into the garden. He came to an abrupt halt as she advanced towards him arms outstretched “Come and give auntie Mattie a hug!” he quickly backtracked, rounding Belle and stopping right in front of Aden burying his face into his legs.

“Hey squirt” he laughed “Sorry Mattie!”

“I’ll give you a hug” Belle grinned wrapping her arms around Matilda’s shoulder “You look so fantastic!” she continued as she squeezed tightly

“You too” Matilda replied pulling out of the hug and placing her hands on Belle’s stomach “You sure there’s only one in there?”

“Yes I’m sure!” Belle insisted “Now, where’s that gorgeous daughter of yours?”

“Right here auntie Belle” Ric dropped a kiss onto Belle’s cheek as he handed her the chubby 7 month old

“Hello sweetheart” she cooed “you look more and more like your mommy every time I see you”

“And it’s a good job too” Mattie chuckled “Look at the alternative” she nodded her head at Ric causing him to scowl and Belle to laugh

“Thanks darling!” he replied sarcastically “Aden mate, how about me, you and this little guy go and grab a beer” Aden had lifted Beau into his arms and Ric affectionately ran his hand over his head “What do you say little fella?” he asked Beau

“Beer’s yucky” Beau whispered

“Well how about we get you a juice? We need a chat about this new hair do of yours” he ran his hands once again over Beaus head which now had a covering of very short hair “I’m thinking you should grow it long! I used to have long hair, it was really cool!”

“You looked silly with long hair Ric, mommy showed me pictures!”

Aden laughed at Beau’s response and Ric chuckled too

“Not so shy now are ya cheeky!” he asked “So no long hair then?”

“No long hair!” Beau repeated with a firm nod as they made their way over to the table containing the drinks.

“It is so good to see you Mattie!”

Belle was sitting on a garden chair one arm cradling the now sleeping Beth and the other wrapped tightly around her best friends shoulders

“Yeah you said that already” Matilda laughed

“Well it’s true, I miss you so much!”

“I’m glad you feel that way” Matilda replied causing Belle’s brow to furrow in confusion

“You are glad I miss you?”

“Yes because now I know you’ll be happy with our news!”

“What news?” Belle asked a hint of hope evident in her tone

“Well……Ric and I have decided to move back to the bay”

“Oh my god!” Belle exclaimed causing the baby in her arms to jump awake with a startled cry “Aww sorry sweetie shhhh” she rocked her arms and the little girl fell back to sleep. As soon as she was sure she had settled Beth Belle returned her attention back to Matilda “Sorry but oh my god! This is so exciting since when?”

“We’ve been talking about it for a while now. When I had Beth and then when Beau got sick….it was so hard not being able to give him a hug, give you a hug!”

“I missed your hugs” Belle smiled at her and Matilda returned it “but he’s better now Mattie so if that’s your……”

“It wasn’t the only reason” Matilda interrupted “But it made me realise that if anything was to happen to Beth or me or Ric we are stuck all the way over there by ourselves”

“You have friends in Perth Mattie, I met them”

“Yes we have friends but we don’t have you guys, we don’t have family and I want my family around us”

“Well you wont hear any arguments from me! So when will it all happen?”

“Remember my daughter is sleeping in your arms but…..we aren’t going back!”

Belle’s mouth opened in shock but she heeded Matilda’s warning and managed to keep quiet “How….I….wow!”

“yeah! We are going to stay with Martha on the farm until we find somewhere and Alf has sorted Ric out with some work at the bait shop - it’s not much but it’s a start.”

“Yeah it is, he should speak with Aden, I’m pretty sure they are looking for someone on the boat”

“Really? That would be so great!”

“It would. Oh Mattie, this is so great! I can’t tell you! Baby is gonna have it’s aunt Mattie around all the time! Beth will have a little playmate!”

“Ric will have a little playmate” Matilda added nodding over to where Ric and Aden were deep in conversation

“Belle is gonna be over the moon” Aden told Ric when he passed on the news about their return to the bay “she really misses you guys”

“yeah, Mattie’s really struggled the past few months with Beau being sick an all, she just wanted to be here all the time so….”

“So here you are!” Aden patted Ric on the back “Welcome home mate” he lifted his beer bottle and chinked it against Ric’s

“Cheers! It’s good to be back!”

“So you’re gonna need a job I take it?” Aden asked “How’s your sea legs?”

“Serious?”

“Well, I can’t promise anything but we need someone on the boat and I can’t see any reason why that someone can’t be you! Call over to the docks in the morning and I’ll have a word with the boss”

“Thanks mate”

“No problem”

“Daddy?” Beau ran over to Aden from the small table he had been sitting at with Emme

“Yes son?”

“Emme said my burger was made from a cow like we sawed at the farm but I don’t want to eat cows daddy”

“Errrr, well….”

“Oh I have to hear this” Ric laughed

“They aren’t cows like we saw at the farm mate they are….”

“Special burger cows?” Ric suggested

“Burger cows?” Beau looked even more confused than he had at the start of the conversation

“Look squirt, why don’t you ask granddad all about it tomorrow, he knows all about food”

“Because he’s a cooker?”

“yeah that’s right” Aden replied with a laugh

“Mommy said I have to eat all of this before I can have some cake” Beau waved his half eaten burger in Aden’s direction

“And you don’t want to eat it?”

“It’s a cow member!” Beau almost shouted, his wide eyed determination causing Aden to laugh again

“Ok, how about….” Aden glanced at the table that Rachel had spread food along “….how about you eat one of these baked potatoes then you can have cake” he placed the potato onto a paper plate and handed it to Beau who looked at it suspiciously

“Is this made from cows?”

Ric chuckled as Aden shook his head “No squirt no cows”

“Do you promise daddy, you aren’t fibbing are you?”

“cross my heart” Aden replied “Now go eat before all the cake goes”

He and Ric laughed as they watched Beau head back to the table all his efforts concentrating on keeping the potato from falling off the flimsy plate

“Shouldn’t you help him with that?” Ric chuckled

“Nah, look he’s got it” Aden grinned as Beau placed the plate onto the table and immediately began a conversation with Emme.

“He’s such a great kid” Ric said “You must be really proud”

“Yeah we are, it just gets better and better mate, you’ve got it all to look forward to” Aden nodded his head in the direction of Beth

“I can’t wait” Ric agreed “And you guys are doing it all again! You excited?”

“Yeah, I really am! With Beau being sick the baby kind of got… not forgotten about but….”

“I understand” Ric nodded

“Anyway, now things are good we can really concentrate on it and yeah, it’s exciting!”

“Even the thought of the nappies and the sleepless nights and….”

“Yeah, even with all that. Beau being so ill really made us realise how precious every moment with them is”

“I guess” Ric replied “god I get all paranoid when Beth has a cold! I really don’t know how you guys did it!?”

“To be honest Ric neither do I! We just did what we had to do, it’s instinct I suppose. But that’s all behind us now, the futures looking pretty good”

“I’ll drink to that” Ric replied raising his bottle at the same time as Aden, chinking them together once more.

“Good night then babe?” Aden asked Belle quietly as she pulled the car onto the drive

“Great night” she answered “It’s gonna be so great having Mattie back here”

“Yeah it is” Aden replied as she came to a stop. He turned his head to look at the seat behind him. “Looks like the star will have to wait till tomorrow, he’s spark out!” Beau’s head was resting against the side of his booster seat his mouth was slightly open, small snores already emitting from it.

“You alright to carry him in?” Belle asked as she and Aden climbed out of the car

“Course I am! I only had two beers Belle”

“As long as you’re sure! I don’t wanna have to hurt you if you drop him” She joked

“I’d never drop you would I squirt” Aden whispered as he carefully lifted Beau into his arms. The little boy snuggled a bit until he was comfortable in Aden’s embrace but didn’t show any sign of waking up properly

“Straight to bed I think” Belle told Aden

“Hmmm is that an invite?” he raised his eyebrows cheekily at her as he followed her to the front door

“I was talking about Beau and you know it!”

“Can’t blame a guy for trying” he chuckled

“hmm!” she replied as she reached out a hand to place the key in the lock. She began to turn the handle but paused in her actions “Do you think we should knock?”

“Why would we have to knock on our own front door?” Aden asked confusion clear on his face

“Geoff and Abi” was Belle’s simple reply

“We’ve been gone hou…yeah ok, maybe you should knock”

Belle gently tapped on the door a few times and they waited for a response, when none came after a few moments Aden encouraged Belle to just go in.

“He’s getting heavy babe” he nodded his head down to Beau

“But what if they are….” she asked

“Ew! Well we gave them warning! Maybe close your eyes just in case!”

“Here goes!” she pushed open the door inch by inch relieved when it opened to reveal an empty lounge

“huh, I guess they aren’t here”

“Might be upstairs” Aden suggested

“Ew!” She laughed “No look there’s a note”

Gone to stay at Irene’s, sofa beds aren’t really that comfy Abi x

“Geoff Campbell” Aden tutted “Who’d have thought it!

“come on!” Belle laughed “I thought you said he was getting heavy” she dropped the note onto the table and made her way up stairs, Aden following close behind. Once they were in Beau’s room she pulled the covers back on his bed and Aden lay him down gently. He had already kicked his flip flops off in the car so Belle just carefully pulled off his board shorts leaving him to sleep in his power ranger boxers and T-shirt

“How gorgeous is our boy?” she grinned at Aden after leaning forward to press a kiss onto Beau’s forehead

“Extremely gorgeous just like his mommy” he replied with a grin as he copied her actions and kissed his son goodnight

“You are such a smooth talker Jefferies” she laughed

“yeah but….” he stood up and held a hand out to her pulling her gently to her feet and snatching a quick kiss “…You love it!”

Chapter 33

“Wow, something smells good!” Aden exclaimed as he walked into the house after finishing his shift on Christmas eve

“Daddy!” Beau shouted.

Aden followed the noise and the smell into the kitchen

“so what’s going on in here then?” he asked when he found Beau stood on a chair that had been pulled up to the counter and Belle hovering next to him both of them covered in flour

“We’re making cookies” Beau explained. He pointed a finger at a wire rack containing at least a dozen of the treats “those ones have brown chocolate chips and the ones in the oven have white chocolate chips and these ones…” he nodded his head at the batch of cookie dough in front of him “….are posed to have M&M’s in but mommy keeps pinching them!”

“Does she now?” Aden asked reaching over and snatching a handful of the sweets from the counter throwing a couple into his mouth with a chuckle

“Daddy! Now we only have….” Beau tipped the remaining sweets out of the bag and pushed them around with a finger “1,2,3,4,5,6” he counted out loud “6 isn’t enough for the cookies!” he pouted

“Good job I bought these then isn’t it?” Aden took a large packet of the sweets from his pocket and handed it to his son.

“Wow daddy, that’s very clever! How did you know we needed more M&M’s?”

“Because I know your mommy Beau” he laughed leaning over to place a quick kiss on Belle’s lips “hello by the way!”

“Hello” she laughed “and for the record I wasn’t the only one eating the sweets or the cookie dough for that matter!” She poked a finger into Beau’s side and tickled him causing him to wobble unsteadily on the chair as he squirmed away from her laughing

“Hey hey careful there squirt!” Aden reached out a hand to steady him

“Mommy! I nearly falled! Be careful!” Beau exclaimed

“Sorry munchkin” Belle giggled “Come on then we need to get this lot into the oven otherwise they wont be cooked in time”

“cooked in time for what?” Aden asked as he picked up a cookie from the rack. He was raising it to his lips when Beau shouted out

“No daddy! They aren’t for you they are for Santa!”

“All of them?” Aden asked

“Uh huh?” Beau nodded

“Alllllll of them?” Aden repeated as Belle laughed

“Yes all of them!” Beau insisted

“But there are like…” Aden glanced at the tray in front of him and then did some quick calculations in his head “…nearly 40 cookies!”

“There are lots of reindeers Daddy and Santa will probably be very hungry because he has to go to lots and lots and lots and lots of houses!”

“Yeah, and you know what he’ll get at all those houses? Cookies! I reckon he might already be kinda full by the time he gets here!” Aden replied with a grin

“That’s not right daddy because Meg leaves a mince pie at nanas house and they are yucky so he will still be hungry” Beau argued

“For 40 cookies?”

“some are for the reindeers!” Beau stuck his chin out defiantly “Did you not listen daddy! There are lots of reindeers! There’s dasher and dancer and pra…”

“I was listening cheeky” Aden interrupted “But the reindeers eat carrots and not cookies”

Beau looked to belle for confirmation but she was too busy laughing

“Mommy?” he cried “Do the reindeers eat carrots or cookies?”

“I think munchkin…” she replied grinning as she shook her head at Aden “…the reindeers will eat whatever you choose to leave out for them!, don’t listen to silly daddy!”

“Come on baby boy, bed time!” Belle told Beau as she turned off the TV when the DVD they had been watching finished

“But I’m not….”

“Hey squirt, come on” Aden encouraged “The sooner you get to bed the sooner Santa can come!”

The idea obviously hadn’t occurred to Beau and he instantly leaped up from the couch

“Goodnight mommy, goodnight daddy!” his feet were on the bottom stair before either Belle or Aden could reply

“Hey, hang on baby, we haven’t put the cookies and milk out yet!” Belle laughed

“Or the carrots” Aden added as he stood up and walked to the stairs where he scooped Beau up into his arms in one quick movement and carried him into the kitchen. Belle followed them in and rooted around in one of the cupboards pulling out a special plate adorned with a gingerbread man surrounded by Christmas trees with ‘cookies for Santa’ written around the edge.

“Here we go munchkin” she placed the plate onto the counter next to where Aden had sat Beau “How many cookies do we need?”

“All of them” Beau answered quickly

“baby, all of them wont fit on the plate! How about we count how many reindeers there are and leave one for each of them and then one for Santa”

“Ok mommy, that’s a good idea. There’s Dasher and Dancer and Prancer…” Beau named all of the reindeers raising a finger for each one. When he’d reached the end of his list he looked to Aden “How many is that?” he asked holding up his hands

“You tell me squirt”

Beau frowned but began to quietly count his own fingers his lips moving as he counted “eight” he answered

“That’s right” Aden replied “and one more for Santa makes….”

“Beau thought for a moment raising one more finger “nine?”

“Spot on clever clogs, so we need nine cookies” Aden said

Belle collected the tin where the biscuits were stored and took off the lid before holding it in front of Beau

“Can you count out nine Beau?”

He dipped his hand into the tin and slowly counted out nine of the cookies , placing each of them onto the plate as he shouted out the numbers

“…seven….eight…nine…te….” his hand dipped into the tin once more bringing out the tenth cookie before he realised he had already reached the desired number “Oops, too many” he giggled although the cookie remained clutched between his fingers

“Oh no!” Belle said her voice trying to be shocked but coming out more amused “What shall we do with that one?”

Beau looked to her and then Aden a wide grin spreading across his face as he quickly raised the cookie to his lips and took a large bite

“You are such a cheeky monkey” Aden laughed as he reached over and took a cookie from the tin “I can have one right?” he checked with Beau before he took a bite

“Yes you can daddy but only because it’s Christmas!”

“Is he asleep?”

Aden dropped down onto the couch after spending almost an hour settling Beau into bed

“Yep, finally!” he replied with a grin.

Belle was kneeling on he floor surrounded by wrapping paper and a few last minute gifts she had to wrap “he’s so excited” she returned his grin looking up from what she was doing “I’m so excited! Should we call Roman yet?”

“I’d give it another half hour or so just to be sure” Aden replied

They had arranged for Roman to bring over the presents they had stored at his and Leah’s house once Beau was asleep.

“So, do you need a hand down there?” he slid from the sofa and shuffled closer to where she was sitting placing his finger on the piece of paper she had wrapped around the gift she was currently working on.

“thank you” she leant towards him and pressed a quick kiss to his lips which he tried to deepen before she pulled away

“later! We’ve got loads to do” she giggled

“Yeah but is any of it as fun as this?” he asked leaning in again and capturing her lips with his. She gave into it for a few moments threading her fingers into his hair. She only pulled away when she felt Aden’s hand sneaking it’s way under her loose flowing top

“babe!” she groaned as she pulled away “later, I promise!”

“hmm, you know I’ll hold you to that” he grinned

“You better gorgeous!” she winked causing him to chuckle

“Ok, what needs doing?” he asked

“Well…..” she thought for a moment “..you can call Roman and tell him when to come over and then there are presents in the back of our wardrobe that need bringing down and some in the nursery..”

“right ok, I’m on it” he replied jumping up, pulling his phone from his pocket as he went

“Er Aden, that’s not it! There’s lots more to do! Tell you what, you get that lot done first and when it’s finished I’ll tell you what’s next!”

“Yes sir!” he saluted her then added a cheeky wink before making his way upstairs. By the time he made his last journey down the stairs, his arms full of wrapped presents to place under the tree, Roman was walking through the front door Beau’s brand new bike in his hands

“Where do you want it guys?”

“Erm, just a tic” Belle called from her position on the floor. She stood up, Aden rushing over to help her as her large bump made it somewhat difficult!

She quickly went into the kitchen coming back a moment later with a roll of extra wide wrapping paper. She dropped it onto the floor in front of the TV and pushed it with her foot causing it to roll out flat across the width of the room

“Here you go Roman, pop it down on here”

Roman grinned as he placed the red bike down onto the paper

“He’s gonna go nuts when he sees this”

“we hope so” Aden replied

“Don’t tell me those are all for him too?” Roman exclaimed nodding his head to the huge pile of presents gathered around the Christmas tree “I still have stuff in the car!”

“No, they need sorting, everyone’s presents are under there at the moment. There might even be one with a granddad gift tag on” Belle told him with a grin

“Really? I hope it’s this big one!” Roman joked as he approached the pile and began to look through them

“You’ll just have to wait and see” Belle replied

“I reckon I can just about hold off until tomorrow” Roman grinned back at her “right, I’ll go get the rest out of the car!”

“Aden, go and help Roman” she ordered

“Hey Roman, any chance you’ve got me a less bossy wife for Christmas?” Aden asked

“You better make sure she’s one who keeps her promises too then Roman because this one might not!” she looked pointedly at Aden until she could see him register what she had just said, remembering the only promise she had made him that day.

“Although, you know what, you’ll never find one as amazing and stunningly gorgeous as the one I already have so don’t bother!” he said clearly trying to creep his way back into Belle’s good books causing her to laugh

“Just go get the presents, we’ve got….”

“Yes I know, loads to do!!” Aden finished the sentence for her as Roman chuckled.

“Ah married life eh! Can’t wait!”

“Oh my god Roman!” Belle exclaimed “This time next week you’ll be married!”

“yeah I know” he grinned “exciting hey?”

“Yeah” Aden replied looking at his watch “And more importantly I’ll have already done my speech and will be propping up the bar! Relaxing!”

“You are so……unromantic!” Belle scolded him “we are talking about Roman’s wedding and all you think about is the beer! You know what, just go get the stuff from the car!”

Both Aden and Roman chuckled as they made there way outside and Belle giggled to herself when she heard Aden mutter something about proving how romantic he was.

It was close to midnight before Belle was satisfied that they had everything ready for the next day. She fell into bed with a relieved sigh after turning on the ceiling fan

“It is so hot!” she groaned

“Yeah it is!” Aden replied as he pulled off his shorts and threw them onto the chair that was placed in the corner of their room.

“Are you sure Beau didn’t wake up?”

“I’m positive babe, I was real quiet”

Aden had just snuck into Beau’s room to place his stocking at the end of his bed. It was filled with the traditional orange and chocolate money along with a few small toys. Belle had wanted to hang it up herself but knowing how clumsy pregnancy made her she hadn’t wanted to risk waking Beau by dropping or tripping over something.

After switching off the light Aden climbed into bed and instantly pulled belle into his arms

“What are you doing?” she laughed. It soon turned into a quiet moan of pleasure when he began to trail kisses along her shoulder and up her neck

“cashing in on your promise” he replied his lips barely leaving her skin

“I thought I told you I wasn’t going to keep my promises” she grinned pushing her hand against his taught chest causing him to back away his lips finally breaking contact with her body

“You were kidding though right?” he asked leaning in in an attempt to kiss her, sighing in frustration when she moved her head back to avoid him “Belle!” he groaned “It’s Christmas, play nice!”

“It’s not Christmas yet” she whispered her hand trailing a feather light touch up and down his chest teasingly, her eyes flicking to the clock behind him which read 11:58

Aden twisted his body so he could read the time then turned straight back

“So if I wait two minutes you’ll play nice?” he asked a lustful gleam in his eye

“I might” Belle teased “Reckon you can wait that long?”

Her lips were so close to his that it took all of Aden’s will power not to close the small gap between them there and then.

“I’ll try” he managed to force out as he grabbed hold of Belle’s hand that was still working it’s magic across his chest “But you’ll have to stop that”

she chuckled slightly as she entwined her fingers with his “Sorry!”

“Yeah, sure you are” he whispered unable to keep the huge smile from his face

“So…“ She began “…whilst we are waiting are you gonna fill me in on how romantic you are then?”

He let out a small laugh “ you heard that huh? Well you, my gorgeous wife, will have to wait until tomorrow to find out how truly romantic I am”

“No present tonight?” she asked forcing a pout onto her lips

“Nope, tonight you’ll just have to make do with me telling you how fabulous I think you are, how beautiful I think you look and how very very very much I love you!”

“Oh I think that will do” she grinned her eyes darting once again to the clock behind him, the grin becoming wider “Aden?” she dropped his hand and returned hers to his chest

“hmmm”

“merry Christmas”

So, i wanted to get christmas done in one chap but i kind of got carried away :lol: there will have to be 2 christmasy chaps :D

Chapter 34

Belle and Aden were woken by the excited cries from the room next door. They grinned at each other as they sat up, listening to the footsteps padding quickly down the hallway. A few moments later Beau poked his head around their door

“He’s been! Mommy, daddy, he’s been! Santa‘s been!” he held up the stocking that he had clutched between both hands

“Wow! Hey baby, come here” Belle called patting the bed next to her with a smile.

Beau threw the stocking onto the bed before jumping over Aden to climb on. Aden kept hold of him for a moment pressing a kiss onto his head

“Merry Christmas squirt”

“Merry Christmas daddy, and you mommy!” Beau replied sweetly

“Merry Christmas baby boy” she leant over and placed a kiss onto his cheek “so we gonna look what Santa left in here then?” she lifted the stocking up and Aden gently shuffled Beau into the gap between them as Belle placed the stocking into his lap. Beau picked it up and turned it upside down with a shake tipping the contents into his lap.

“Cool, there’s lots of things! You can put this over there daddy” he picked up the orange and handed it to Aden.

“You don’t want your orange?” Aden chuckled “You do surprise me! How about we crack open a couple of these” he lifted a few chocolate coins from the pile.

Beau looked to Belle “Is it too early for chocolate mommy?”

“It’s Christmas day munchkin, it’s never too early for chocolate on Christmas day” Belle answered as she swiped one of the chocolates from Aden quickly opening it before handing it to Beau who popped it into his mouth with a huge grin.

“Christmas is very good” he mumbled his mouth full of the sweet treat as his fingers ripped open the wrapping on one of the presents “Wow! It’s a torch! Look daddy, a power rangers torch!”

“That’s very cool mate” Aden grinned as he took the gift off Beau freeing his hands so he could start work on the next present.

Fifteen minutes later and all of the gifts from the stocking had been opened, Belle and Aden’s bed littered with wrapping paper and the gold foil from the chocolate coins. Beau had carefully placed all of the gifts back inside the stocking so he could transport them easier.

“Can we go downstairs now?” he asked excitement clear in his voice

“Yeah, come on” Aden climbed out of bed and held his arms out for Beau to jump into them.

“Let me go first!” Belle cried “I wanna get some pictures”

Aden and Beau both laughed but waited for her to climb out of bed and make her way downstairs giving her a moment before they both followed.

Beau had squirmed his way out of Aden’s arms and was rushing ahead of him.

“not too quick on the stairs Beau, we don’t want you to fall” Aden warned gently

“Ok da….” Beau’s reply was cut short when half way down the stairs his eyes fell upon the vast array of presents under and around the Christmas tree “look, look daddy!” he appeared to be frozen to the spot as Aden stepped down the few stairs to join him

“Wow! How did they all get there? They weren’t there when we went to bed last night!” he said as he rested a hand on Beaus shoulder, beaming at Belle who was standing at the bottom of the stairs her camera clutched in her hands.

“Santa! Santa bringed all these things!” Beau exclaimed

“We gonna go get a closer look?” Aden asked lifting Beau’s hand into his and continuing down the stairs Beau following behind.

Belle was surprised when rather than heading straight for the pile of presents Beau made his way over to the fireplace where they had placed the glass of milk and the cookies.

“They are gone! Mommy all the milk and cookies are gone!”

“What’s that on the plate then baby?” Belle grinned as Beau picked up the scroll of paper that was placed on the plate in place of the cookies .

His fingers quickly untied the thin piece of ribbon holding it together before uncurling it

“It’s a letter. I can’t read it, there are lots of words!” he handed it to Aden who was crouched down next to him

“it says….. Dear Beau….”

“It’s for me” Beau interrupted excitedly

“It sure is mate” Aden replied “Dear Beau, thank you so very much for the delicious cookies and milk. I was very hungry when I reached your house and they certainly did the trick of filling me up. All of my reindeers enjoyed them too, they do get fed up of eating carrots you know! My special helpers told me what a very brave boy you have been this year and very good too, your name has never been very far away from the top of my nice list. Well done Beau, keep up the good work! I hope you enjoy all of the things I have left for you, take care young man, best wishes Father Christmas x x”

The smile never left Aden’s face as he read the letter and looking up from it, noticing the look of awe on Beau’s face, his smile widened

“Father Christmas, that’s Santa.” Beau explained “Santa left me a letter”

“He did and lots of other things too” Belle said “How about we start opening these presents?”

She wondered over to the pile of presents and lowered herself onto the floor next to them “This one has your name on the tag sweetie” she lifted it up and held it out towards Beau who came and sat down next to her. Coming over to join them Aden crouched down and took the camera from Belle snapping a few shots of her helping Beau to open the first present

“It’s a robot!” Beau cried “I wanted a robot! I wroted it on my list didn’t I daddy, right by the top I wrote robot and now I have one!” he was bouncing up and down on his knees with excitement and as she watched him Belle felt as if her heart would burst with happiness. The stresses of the last year vanished as she watched him point out different features of the toy to Aden.

“Ready for another one?” she asked as Beau nodded his head enthusiastically.

Beau opened another few presents, exclaiming happily over each one when Aden picked up one and handed it to Belle

“This one has mommy’s name on” he explained to Beau

“What is it mommy? Is it from Santa?”

Belle turned over the tag that was attached to the neatly wrapped parcel

“to my beautiful wife, merry Christmas, all my love Aden.” she read

“it’s from daddy”

“Yes it is” Belle grinned as she tore the paper from the box “My favourite” she continued as she pulled the perfume box out of the wrapping “Thanks babe” she leant over and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips

“You’re welcome” he replied “My turn now!” he rooted around amongst the presents until he found one with his name on it. Looking at the tag he smiled over at Belle “This one’s from you squirt”

“I know what it is daddy” Beau said “Shall I tell you?”

“No!” Aden laughed “Let me unwrap it and see!” he quickly pulled the paper off to reveal a box . He lifted the lid and pulled out a football covered in autographs. “Wow is this….”

“That isn’t scribbling on the football daddy that is the names of all the boys who play on your favourite team. And it‘s from the baby too!”

“Wow, that’s really cool squirt, thank you!” he moved over so he could plant a kiss on Beau’s cheek and then reached over to Belle leaning down to place a kiss on her bump “Thank you baby” he grinned his eyes fixed onto Belle’s.

They continued unwrapping presents until all that remained under the tree was one more present with Belle’s name written on it.

“Here’s another one for mommy” Aden said handing her the box

“Is this one from daddy too?” Beau asked

Belle looked at the tag and grinned “This one is from all my special people, it’s from daddy and you and the baby”

“What is it mommy, I don’t member!”

“I got this one when you weren’t with me” Aden explained “You gonna open it?” He asked Belle

“Yeah, it’s just wrapped so prettily I kind of don’t want to spoil it” she laughed.

She was holding the gift that Abi had helped to chose. The department store had gift wrapped it doing a much better job than Aden would have managed.

“Come on!” He cried

“Ok ok” she tugged on one of the pieces of gold ribbon placing it to the side when it fell from the gift and slid her finger under a flap of the luxurious gold paper

“You are very slow mommy!” Beau said getting bored and picking up one of his new toys to play with

“you carry on and play baby” Belle replied as she slowly repeated her actions on the other side of the gift and once again in the middle. Once she had unstuck all the tape she lifted the black velvet box from the paper which she placed next to the ribbon “Aden!” she shook her head at him

“What, you haven’t opened it yet” he laughed

“So you are telling me it isn’t jewellery?”

“Just open it” he grinned

She lifted the lid and her face broke into a huge smile when her eyes fell upon the silver bangle nestled within

“Aden it’s gorgeous” she lifted it out gently to examine it. It was in the style of a Russian wedding ring, three separate hoops of silver interlinked to make one piece. Two of them she noticed as she looked closely had been engraved. She smiled over at Aden before returning her focus to the bracelet, reading the inscriptions. The first had her and Aden’s names and the date of their wedding. The second had Beau’s name and his date of birth

“The last one is for this little one” Aden explained rubbing his hand over her bump laughing when the baby kicked against it “Do you like it?”

“I love it! Thank you” she whispered as she leant forward and claimed his lips with hers

“Mmm merry Christmas baby” Aden whispered grinning when she pulled away after a few moments

“Merry Christmas” she replied “so munchkin, did you get everything you wanted?” she asked Beau who grinned back up at her

“Nearly mommy I got heaps of good things”

“yes you did didn’t you. What are we going to play with first?”

“my robot!” Beau cried lifting the box over.

“I think we should go in the kitchen first” Aden suggested “Maybe get some breakfast”

“Granddad is coming for breakfast” Beau reminded Aden “We have to wait for him and Leah and uncle VJ”

“Yeah, er ok. Let’s go get a drink then” he stood up and helped Belle to stand before holding out a hand to Beau

“Can you just bring me my drink please, I want to play with all my toys”

Aden shook his head as Belle laughed “I knew this wouldn’t work” she whispered

“Right well I’m gonna go in the kitchen” Aden said as he walked towards it his voice raised “Wow! What’s this?”

Beau’s head snapped up from the boxed toy he was trying to gain access to

“What is it? He asked

“I dunno! It’s all wrapped up, I guess this present was too big for Santa to carry all the way to the tree, I wonder who it’s for?”

Beau dropped the toy he was looking at and raced into the kitchen

“Is it for me?” he asked his excitement clear

“Why don’t you look on the tag” Belle suggested as she lifted her camera and began to click away. Moving around the present until she had the best view of her sons face.

Beau turned over the large tag and gasped when he spotted his name written on it in large letters “It is, it’s for me!”

“You better open in then” Aden told him as he came to stand next to Belle wanting to see Beau’s face when he realised what was hiding under the paper.

Beau raised his hands and pulled at the paper gasping again when he had opened a hole large enough to see what was inside

“it…it’s….its….a bike! Santa didn’t…he didn’t forget! He bringed me a bike, a bike!”

“Wow” Belle smiled tears pooling in her eyes “Aren’t you lucky”

“Yes I am mommy!” Beau nodded his head vigorously his eyes never leaving the gift in front of him “Santa bringed me everything on my list now, he even made the bad stuff go away from my blood member?”

“yes I remember” she replied, Beau’s last statement being all that was needed to make the tears now flow freely down her cheeks “We are all very lucky”

“we are” Aden replied wrapping his arm around her shoulders and squeezing her tightly

“Shall we get all this paper off? He asked Beau using his free hand to tug at some loose paper

“Yes please daddy, then can I take it outside and have a ride? Please please please!”

“Course you can buddy. We might have to get dressed first though!”

Half an hour later they were all dressed and standing outside the front of the house. Belle was taking yet more pictures as Aden helped Beau to fasten the safety helmet they had given him after he had unwrapped the bike

“I’m all set now daddy” he told Aden as he climbed up onto the seat of the bike.

“You need a little push?” Aden asked placing a hand on the back of the seat

“Just a little one” Beau replied

“Careful!” Belle warned nervously as Aden pushed on the bike for a moment before letting go when Beau began to pedal himself

“He’s fine babe, he’s got the training wheels on, he wont fall”

“He might” she replied walking hurriedly behind the bike. When they reached the top of the drive Aden showed Beau how to turn the handlebars in the direction he wanted to go and he continued along the road. He travelled a short distance before stopping and placing his feet on the floor.

“Granddad!” he called being the first to spot Roman’s car rounding the corner “Granddad’s here and Leah and VJ” he jumped off the bike and struggled to turn it around refusing Aden’s offer of help. He paused in his actions to wave at the car when it passed and then climbed back onto the bike “Push me again daddy”

Aden grinned and did as he was asked then followed Beau as he rode towards where Roman had parked his car.

“Merry Christmas granddad!” Beau called out as Roman climbed out of the car

“right back at ya little soldier!” he grinned “wow, take a look at these wheels veej” he said as the teenager joined them on the path

“it’s my new bike” Beau told them proudly “Santa bringed it for me! Look it’s got lightening Mcqueen on” he climbed off and pointing to the artwork on the side.

Belle and Aden greeted Leah and then Roman and VJ as they all walked back towards the house, Aden helping Roman to carry some bags of gifts from the car and VJ taking over Aden’s role of helping to get Beau moving

“Looks like you’ve had a good morning” Leah laughed as she entered the house and spotted the wrapping paper strewn around the lounge

“Yeah, sorry we haven’t had chance to…”

“Hey don’t apologise Belle, I know what it’s like. I really miss those days” Leah added almost sadly “I’ll give you a hand sorting this lot out and the big boys can make a start on breakfast then when that’s all done we can make a start on that lot” she nodded towards the bags Aden and Roman had placed on the couch

“Sounds like a good plan” Belle replied

By the time the lounge was back into some sort of order, all of the paper thrown away and the toys Beau wasn’t plating with stacked tidily next to the couch, Roman called to say that breakfast was ready. VJ had to coax a reluctant Beau away from his toys and into the kitchen with the promise of more presents once he had finished eating. Over the meal they chatted about their plans for the day. They were all heading to the beach a little later where they were meeting up with all of their friends and after that Belle Aden and Beau were going to Irene’s for dinner with the family.

They were nearly finished when they were interrupted by the telephone

“Shall I get it?” Beau asked already jumping down from his chair

“Go on then” Aden answered

“Hello Jefferies house” Beau called down the phone as he lifted it to his ear “Merry Christmas Grandpa! Mommy it’s Grandpa Ben.” he returned his attention back to the telephone conversation “uh huh….I got a bike with lightening Mcqueen on and a robot and some cars and books and lots and lots of things….they were all from Santa and he wroted me a letter after he ate all the cookies…..uh huh…..yes….uh huh…..hello nana Jess, merry Christmas, are you having a nice time on the big ship?”

The adults around the table grinned as they listened to Beau’s side of the conversation. Belle and Abi had finally convinced Ben and Jess to go on the cruise they had always wanted to do, Belle promising to watch over Abi whilst they were away although now Geoff had stepped in to take over. After chatting for a few minutes Beau handed the phone to Belle who chatted for a while as Aden tidied up around her, insisting that Roman and Leah go and play with Beau and VJ in the lounge.

Once everything was cleared away and Belle had finished on the phone they went and joined the others sitting down next to each other on the couch.

“Can we open some more presents now?” Beau asked from where he was playing on the floor with VJ

“I need a quick word with you first mate” Roman replied standing up and gesturing towards the kitchen as he picked up a bag from the couch

Belle and Aden looked at each other in confusion as Beau jumped up and followed Roman into the other room

“wha….”

“Don’t ask me” Leah grinned “I’m sworn to secrecy”

A few minutes later Roman came back into the lounge Beau close behind him a huge grin on his face and two presents balanced on his outstretched arms “Look, Santa left these presents at Granddads house but they are for you” he dropped them onto Belle’s lap taking the smaller of the two and handing it to Aden

“Oh” Belle grinned “This is a big surprise! Who should go first?”

“it’s ladies first so that means you mommy” Beau replied as everyone laughed at his answer

“Aden?” Belle checked

“Go ahead babe” he said turning his own present over in his hands

A big smile on her face Belle ripped into the paper to reveal a leather bound book

“It’s a scrappy book mommy” Beau told her “You have to open it” Belle’s smile widened as she opened the cover of the book to reveal her favourite picture of Beau and Aden together. As she flicked through the pages looking at haphazardly glued in pictures and drawings of herself, Beau, Aden and various other members of their family her eyes filled with tears

“Baby, come here!” she called for Beau opening her free arm out to him as he climbed onto the couch next to her “Did you make this?”

“Yes I did mommy. Do you like it because you are very sniffly”

“I’m sniffly because I’m so happy baby, this is nearly the best thing I ever got!”

“only nearly?” Beau asked a slightly sad tinge to his voice

“Well munchkin daddy gave me my best things when he gave me you and baby” she let go of the book and patted her bump “but after you two this is the best thing!”

“That’s good then because I worked very hard to make it”

“I can tell” she replied dropping a kiss to his head “I love it and I love you”

“I love you too mommy!” Beau reached up and kissed Belle’s cheek before turning to Aden who was watching the two of them obvious pride clear in his eyes “It’s your turn now daddy”

“Ok! You wanna help squirt?”

Beau shuffled closer to him and helped him to rip the paper from his present. When it was all pulled free Aden was holding the present upside down. From the back it was clear from the pin that it was a large badge but there was also a stand on it so that it could be displayed standing up. He grinned at Beau before turning it over. As soon as his eyes took in the front of the badge they filled with tears. It had been decorated by Beau using a large selection of glitter and shiny pens. At the top in gold glitter he had written the word hero the backwards e making all the more adorable and precious. Underneath was a drawing of him framed with shiny gold star stickers and beneath that the words my daddy.

“Wow! I don’t…..Beau this is amazing!” he raised his hands and wiped away the tears “give us a kiss” he lowered his head to receive the kiss Beau gave him

“I worked very hard on your present too! It’s like granddads shiny soldier badges because you are a hero like granddad” Beau explained

“Thanks squirt” Aden managed to whisper pulling Beau to him for a cuddle

“So this is what all the secret chats were about?” Belle asked Roman with a smile as she wiped away her own tears.

“Yeah, the little guy swore me to secrecy but I can’t believe he managed to keep it to himself! You really had no idea?”

“Non” Belle replied

“Nah, not at all” Aden added lowering Beau back to the couch “Thanks mate”

“It was my absolute pleasure” Roman replied beaming at them.

“Right Beau” Belle began “there are some pressies in the corner over there for granddad and Leah and VJ, you wanna go give them out?”

“Yeah” Beau jumped from the couch and within minutes the lounge was once again strewn with wrapping paper.

i really wished i'd waited till closer to christmas for these chaps, i really really wanna put my christmas tree up now :lol:

Thanks once again for all the lovely comments :D they are just as good to recieve as christmas pressies :D

Chapter 35

“But I said please daddy” Beau pouted

“I know you did squirt” Aden laughed “But we can’t take your bike to the beach because we need to go in the car. We have lots of things that need to go to nana’s house”

“Can’t we put my bike in the car?” he asked with a hopeful smile

“I guess we could but you can’t ride it on the sand”

“I can ride it in nana’s garden”

“Yeah you could” Aden replied smiling back “But don’t you think you will be too busy playing with Meg”

“Maybe Santa brought Meg a bike and we could play together”

“You know what Aden, I think it would be easier to just take the bike” Roman laughed

“I think you might be right” Aden agreed “You all set to go then buddy?” he asked Beau

“Yup” he replied, a smile plastered across his face after his victory

“Belle, you ready to go babe?” Aden poked his head into the kitchen where Belle and Leah were packing drinks into an ice box

“Pretty much, we just need a strong man to carry this to the car ” she gestured to the box on the table “so, you wanna go and get Roman for us?”

“Funny” he replied as he lifted the box, his t-shirt pulling tight against his arms as his muscles flexed “This’ll have to go in your car Leah, we have to squeeze a bike into ours”

“I knew Beau would win” Belle grinned “You are such a softy Aden!”

“Yeah, but you love me for it” he grinned back at her

“I do” Belle answered as she walked past him trailing a hand lovingly over his arm “Now lets get a move on, we’ll be the last ones there at this rate!”

Aden carried the box out to the car, Belle and Roman following shortly behind both laden down with gift bags.

“Hey babe, I’ll get those!” Aden scolded Belle as he dropped the box onto the backseat of Romans car and hurriedly made his way over to her, taking the bags from her hands

“Aden, it’s a few gifts, I can manage”

“I know you can, but you don’t have to” he replied pressing a quick kiss onto her lips before rounding his car to place the bags into the back next to Beau’s seat. “Do you wanna get squirt and I’ll see about getting this bike in”

“Ok” Belle left him struggling with the bike and returned a few moments later clutching Beau’s hand

“Is my bike fitted in daddy?”

“just about” Aden replied with a grin over his shoulder as he slammed the boot of the car shut “all ready to go?”

“I think so” Belle answered as Leah and VJ came out of the front door “just gotta lock up”

“You get in babe, I’ll do that” Aden insisted

“Merry Christmas!” Belle called as she walked into the beach house

“Merry Christmas darl” Irene pushed the oven door closed and after wiping her hands on the cloth slung over her shoulder gave Belle a hug. “Where’s that gorgeous boy of yours?”

“I’m right here Irene, merry Christmas” Aden pecked a kiss onto her cheek as he passed on his way to drop the bags he was carrying underneath the Christmas tree in Irene’s lounge.

“Merry Christmas to you too luvvie, now how about your other gorgeous boy?”

Belle laughed as Irene rolled her eyes “He’s carried on down to the beach with Leah and Roman. I take it that’s where everyone else is?”

“Yeah, I just wanted to get the roast on the go before heading down”

“We’ll walk down with you then” Belle replied “We thought it’d be easier to drop all the pressies off here, thought we could open them before dinner”

“Good idea darl. There aren’t more?” she exclaimed as Aden headed back outside

“Yeah, there’s another couple of bags and Beau insisted on bringing his bike too” Belle explained

“He liked it then?” Irene asked

“oh my god Irene, he loved it, look” Belle took her camera out of the bag she had hooked over her shoulder and turned it on showing Irene the pictures she had taken of Beau that morning

“God love him!” Irene cooed “it’s so good to see him so healthy and happy”

“Yeah it is” Belle agreed with a smile “I know people will probably think we’ve spoilt him bu….”

“You send anyone who says a word to me!” Irene interrupted Belle seriously “after all he’s been through the little un deserves a bit of spoiling”

“yeah he does” Belle agreed

“Who does what?” Aden asked as he came back into the house leaning over so he could push Beau’s bike, the remaining gift bags hung on the handlebars.

“Beau deserves spoiling” Belle told him

“too right he does” Aden smiled as he parked the bike behind the couch, removing the bags and placing them under the tree “And besides we might spoil him but he’s not one of those bratty kids! I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen him shout ‘thank you Santa’ into the fireplace this morning!”

“Awwww he’s a love” Irene replied as Belle just beamed as she realised not for the first time what a good job her and Aden were doing in bringing up their son.

“Uncle Aden!” Meg was the first to spot the trio walking down to the beach

“Hey princess” Aden crouched down and opened his arms wide for the little girl who ran straight into them “Merry Christmas Nutmeg”

“Merry Christmas” she replied planting a kiss on his cheek “Merry Christmas auntie Belle”

“Same to you gorgeous girl” Belle crouched down and dropped a kiss onto her cheek “Did Santa bring you lots of nice things?”

As Meg began to list the presents she had received they stood up and taking hold of her hand they led her back over to the large gathering of people on the beach.

It took ages for them to say hello to everyone and exchange Christmas greetings, practically half of the town were there. Beau was already busy playing some kind of game with Emme and Olly with VJ watching over them and as soon as they arrived back at the group Meg had rushed off to join them.

“So what did Aden get you?” Abi asked as Belle finally sat down onto one of the picnic blankets somebody had arranged around a table filled with drinks and snacks.

“Like you don’t know” Belle chuckled holding out her arm to show off the bangle on her wrist

“That’s gorgeous!” Matilda exclaimed pulling on Belles hand so she could get a closer look.

“Do you like it then?” Abi asked “Did he get the engraving done?”

“Yes and yes” Belle replied with a smile

“Aww it’s engraved” Mattie sighed “What does it say?” she twisted at the bangle trying to find the inscriptions

“They’re on the inside Mattie” Belle laughed “one has our names and date of our wedding and another has Beau’s name and date of birth”

“And the other one?”

“Oh that one’s empty” Belle replied pulling her hand form Mattie’s grip and resting it on her ample bump “All ready for this little one”

“That’s so sweet” Abi said “I might of helped to pick out the bangle but the engraving idea was all Aden. Hey what’ll happen if you have another baby?”

“Er let me have this one first Abs” Belle laughed

“Do you want more?” Matilda asked

Belle shrugged her shoulders “I don’t know, we haven’t really talked about it, like I said I think I need to get this one out first”

“Speaking of out it better not make an appearance today, I know you and your penchant for stealing the thunder at parties by going into labour” Matilda chuckled

“Well now you mention it…..” Belle rubbed her hands over the bump and winced dramatically

“Oh my god! Are you kidding?” Abi cried

“Of course I’m kidding” Belle laughed “There’s still 5 weeks to go and besides there’s the wedding next week, that’s much better thunder to steal” They all laughed at the idea “So Abs, what did lover boy get you then?” Belle glanced over to where the football game that the boys had started was in full swing and picked Geoff out easily

“does he ever wear a shirt” Matilda asked as she too looked for Geoff amongst the players

“Not very often but there’s no complaints here” Abi giggled “And he hasn’t given me my present yet!”

“Why not” Belle asked surprised

“He said it’s at Martha’s house for safe keeping so he needs to go and collect it after we are done here”

“Safe keeping huh? That means it’s too big to hide at his own house” Matilda told Abi confidently “Maybe it’s a car!”

“Or a bike” Belle suggested

“A car would be better” Matilda argued

“We’ll just have to wait and see” Abi laughed

“Did you win daddy?” Beau asked Aden as he walked towards where he and Belle were sitting at the end of the football game

“Of course I did” Aden replied as he sat down “Daddy’s always on the winning team squirt”

“not when we play snap!” Beau reminded him “I always win at snap and you are always the loser” he giggled as Aden began to tickle him

“rub it in there why don’t ya! You having a good time mate?”

“Yes I am. I love Christmas. All of my bestest people are here.”

“That’s really nice baby” Belle grinned wrapping her arm around Beau’s waist “Did Emme and Olly like their presents that you gave them?”

“Yes they did mommy and they said thank you very much and I said thank you very much to Tony and Rachel for my power ranger and thank you very much to Kirsty and Miles for my Ben 10 monsters”

“You are a very good boy aren’t you” Belle told him pressing a kiss to his cheek

They were interpreted by Geoff who came over and stood in front of them

“Irene said we only have another hour or so till dinner’s ready so are you still ok to come with me and get that thing Aden?”

“And what thing would that be?” Belle asked as Aden nodded

“Never you mind” Geoff laughed

“Do you know?” she asked Aden

“Yeah, I’ve known for weeks” He replied with a cheeky grin “And before you ask I was sworn to secrecy!” he leant over and silenced the reply she was about to give with a kiss “I’ll be back in a bit, meet you at Irene’s yeah?”

“yeah ok” Belle sighed realising she’d just have to wait and see what Abi’s gift was

“Come on munchkin let’s go find nana and the others” she said to Beau as she watched Aden and Geoff head off towards the beach house and Geoff’s car.

When they had rounded up Irene, Annie, Meg, Jai and Abi they all said their goodbyes and made their way back to the beach house.

“Mmmm smells good Irene” Jai exclaimed as they walked in

The others all agreed as they piled into the lounge

“Is there anything I can do? Belle asked as she followed Irene into the kitchen

“not a thing darl, it’s all under control, you go and put your feet up”

“You sure?”

“Sure I’m sure now scoot out of my kitchen!” Belle laughed as she walked back into the lounge dropping down onto the couch next to Annie

“Mommy can we open these now?” Beau and Meg were sitting next to the Christmas tree peering at the gifts that were under there

“Not just yet baby, we need to wait for daddy and uncle Geoff, why don’t you and Meg go and see what Santa brought for her”

“Yeah come on Beau” Meg took hold of Beau’s hand and led him into the bedroom that used to be Belle’s and Belle giggled as she heard his reaction when he entered the room

“It’s all pink Meg! Did Santa only bring you pink things?”

“Did he?” Belle asked Annie

“Pretty much” she answered “It was all that was on her list. I blame Aden!”

“Why’s that?” Belle asked with a smile

“You remember what he was like when she was a baby Belle! Always buying her pink things and calling her princess”

“He still calls her princess”

“Exactly!” Annie laughed “And now she is one!”

“It’s so cute though” Abi replied “she’s such a girly girl, it’s great”

“Yeah it is” Annie replied as Beau and Meg came out of the room Meg with a doll clutched under her arm and Beau carrying a pink bag. Ignoring the adults who were watching them they sat themselves down in front of the couch and began to whisper to each other as Meg instructed Beau on what to take out of the bag. Belle, Abi and Annie all grinned at each other as Beau pulled a plastic baby bottle out. Meg had the doll cradled in her arms and Beau leant over and gently placed the bottle into the dolls mouth.

“Awwwwwww” Abi whispered “so cute”

“Shhhh” Belle scolded knowing that Beau would get embarrassed and stop playing if he realised they were watching so intently

They continued to watch chatting occasionally until Aden poked his head into the kitchen

“Everybody here?” he asked

“Yes love” Irene answered

Aden gestured to Geoff who must have been waiting by the car and then walked into the house and straight over to the couch where he sat himself down next to Belle

“Abs, you need to put this on” he threw a black scarf at her “Like a blindfold you know”

“No way!” Abi exclaimed

“Come on, I’ll help” Annie jumped up and went to the chair where Abi was sitting and pulled the scarf out of her hands

“You two, come here” Aden called to Meg and Beau. They both jumped up and raced over to him, Meg climbing onto Belle’s lap and Beau onto his. “Now we need to be really quiet ok” he whispered to them “You might want to shout out because you are excited but remember it’s a surprise for Abi so real quiet yeah!” Belle looked at him even more intrigued than she was before “You’ll see in a second babe” he laughed

“All set?” he looked over to Abi’s chair and seeing her eyes were covered as Geoff had asked he called out “Good to go Geoff”

A few moments later Geoff entered the house and Belle gasped when she saw what he was carrying in his arms

“It’s a…” Belle laughed as she clamped her hand over Megs mouth “Shhhh Meggy” she whispered. She glanced at Beau who was staring open mouthed at the gift and Aden who had a grin plastered to his face as he winked at her

Geoff crouched down carefully in front of Abi and instructed Annie to take the blindfold off his girlfriend

“oh my god!” Abi cried at the same time as the gift in Geoff’s arms leapt and landed in her lap “It’s a puppy! You got me a puppy! Hello baby” grinning she lifted the golden ball of fur into the air so she could get a better look “Geoff!” she leant forward moving the wriggling puppy to one side so she could press her lips against his

“You like it then?” he grinned as she pulled away returning her attention the puppy

“I…..I love it! Who wouldn’t love you?” she asked in a baby voice as she raised the puppy so it was level with her face “you are just about the cutest thing I ever saw aren’t you?”

“I can’t believe you bought a puppy Geoff!” Belle exclaimed as Meg squirmed on her lap “ you wanna go see honey?”

“Yes!” Meg cried as she jumped down from Belle’s lap Beau following close behind. Within seconds they were crowded around Abi’s chair making a fuss of the bundle of fluff

“Is it a boy puppy or a girl puppy?” Beau asked

“A boy” Geoff answered “He’s cute isn’t he?”

Every head in the room nodded in answer to his question

“What is it?” Jai asked

“A puppy!” Annie answered dryly

“Haha! I meant what breed?”

“it’s a Labradoodle” Geoff replied

“A what?” Belle asked with a laugh

“A Labradoodle! It’s a cross between a Labrador and a poodle

“that is so wrong” Belle giggled

“That’s what I said” Aden laughed “But it is very cute”

“Yeah it is” Belle replied

They all watched for a moment as Abi placed the puppy onto the floor Beau and Meg giggling as it made a beeline for their bare toes

“I think he likes you two” Abi told them as they both sat down on to the floor so they could play with him

“he needs a name aunt Abi” Beau said after a few minutes

“He does indeed” Abi agreed sliding down so she was sat on the floor next to them “What do you reckon?”

They spent the next half an hour debating names only stopping when Irene announced that dinner was ready

“Where is Cracker going to sit?” Meg asked using the name Abi had finally decided on

“In his bed” Abi told her pointing to the basket that Geoff had bought along with various other things the dog would need

“Is he going to have dinner too?” Beau asked as he climbed into his seat between Aden and Belle at the table

“Not just yet” Abi replied as she settled Cracker into his basket surprised when he stayed there as she walked into the kitchen to wash her hands before joining the others at the table

“Daddy?” Beau turned his head to look at Aden

“Yes son?”

“Can we get a puppy to live at our house?”

“How did I know that was coming” Belle laughed

“I don’t think that would be such a good idea right now squirt what with the new baby coming”

“I think the baby would like a puppy too” Beau replied

“I’m sure it would but puppies need lots of work mate and so do babies and mommy and I wouldn’t have time to look after both”

“I could look after the puppy and you and mommy can look after the baby” Beau suggested “I would do a very good job!”

“Erm…” Aden looked to Belle who shook her head

“No way Aden! Baby, we can’t have a puppy and a new baby in the house but maybe we’ll think about it next year when the baby is a bit bigger. I’m sure aunt Abi will let you help out with Cracker Whenever you like though

“of course I will” Abi smiled over at him “I think you and Meg are going to be Cracker’s Favourite people

The two children beamed at Abi’s compliment as they both tucked into their dinner, rushing so that they could get back to playing with the puppy as soon as possible, all their own gifts forgotten about.

“What a day huh?” Aden sighed as he lifted Belle’s legs so he could sit on the couch next to her, resting them back over his own as he got comfortable

“Yeah, it’s been great” she replied “did he stay asleep?”

Aden had just carried Beau up to bed after he had fallen asleep on the couch whilst they watched a movie

“Yeah, I reckon we might get a lie in in the morning too, he’s had a big day today and it’s pretty late”

“We’ll see” Belle grinned “my money’s on him being up at the crack of dawn asking to go and see Cracker or if he can go for a ride on his bike”

“Well whatever happens you’ll be getting a lie in, you look exhausted babe”

“Gee thanks Aden!” Belle replied as she tried to hide a yawn

“See!” he grinned “you wanna head up to bed too?”

“Nah, I’m too comfy here” she grinned

“this is pretty nice” Aden replied running his fingers through her hair. The T.V had been turned off and the only lights illuminating the room were the fairy lights strung on the Christmas tree

“hmmm, it could be nicer” Belle grinned as she leant over and tenderly pressed her lips against his “I love you Aden” she whispered in between kisses

“I love you too sweetheart” he replied when he finally managed to drag his lips from hers “so much it hurts”

“it hurts huh?” Belle grinned “We can’t have that now can we”

“No” Aden replied “I was thinking maybe you could give me some of those magic kisses to make it all better”

“Oh I think I can manage that” Belle smiled seductively as she closed the small gap between them once again “seeing as how it’s Christmas and all”

http://www.arborgatelabradoodles.com/austr...es-litter1.html these are labradoodles for those interested ^_^

I think i promised Naomi fireworks :unsure: so they are just for her (just a pity it's not all cold and snuggly and wooly hat friendly :lol: )

Chapter 36

“Aden I‘m leaving!” Belle called up the stairs

“I’ll be down in one sec, don’t go yet” He replied

A few minutes later Aden came rushing down the stairs a white towel slung around his waist his wet hair dripping onto his shoulders

“What’s the rush babe?” he asked walking into the kitchen where she was watching over Beau who was tucking into a bowl of cereal

“Roman and Leah are getting married today Aden!”

“You don’t say!” He replied sarcastically glancing at the clock “Not for another like seven hours though!”

“There’s lots to do!” Belle replied as if it was obvious “We have to be at the salon for ten”

“Ok” Aden answered

“So are you sure you know what you are doing here?” Belle checked “Your suits are all in our room and Beau’ll need a bath but don’t bother doing that until about an hour before ‘cause he’ll just get messy…..”

Beau giggled from his seat at the table

“…and don’t forget your speech! And the rings! And…”

“Baby chill! I’ve got it all in hand I promise” Aden reassured her as he wrapped his arms around her waist

“You sure?”

“Positive” he insisted before kissing her “now you need to promise me that you are gonna chill and take it easy today yeah?” he moved his hands to rest against her stomach “This little one seems a bit quiet” he added when he received just one lacklustre kick against his hand instead of the usual flurry of movement

“It’s fine” Belle told him “probably just sleepy”

“you sure?” he asked winking at her

“I’m sure” she replied with a smile “and I promise I will take it easy”

“good” he leant forward and kissed her again “I guess I’ll see you at the wedding then”

“I guess so” she pecked another kiss onto his lips and then walked over to the table to kiss Beau goodbye “Be good baby, I love you”

“Love you too mommy, will you have your pretty princess dress on when I see you again?”

“Yes I will” Belle grinned “I’ll be the fattest princess at the ball”

“You aren’t fat mommy, you are just keeping the baby comfy” Beau replied

Belle giggled as she leant down to kiss him again “You’ve been listening to your daddy too much munchkin! Right I’ve gotta go, see you both later”

“See you later gorgeous”

“bye mommy”

Beau waved as Aden sat himself down at the table

“Right squirt, you nearly finished?”

“I’ve just got a few cheerios left daddy” Beau answered stirring his spoon around in his dish

“Well hurry up then because we have to get a move on too”

“Where are we going? Is it time for the wedding already?”

“Not yet, we’re gonna head down to the beach with granddad and Tony and some of the other guys to do some fishing”

“I can’t go fishing daddy, I don’t have a fishing stick!”

“Don’t worry squirt” Aden laughed “Alf is bringing us some fishing rods”

“That’s good then. Will he bring his box of wriggly worms too? He showed it to me in his special wriggly worm shop”

“I think he probably will” Aden chuckled “Now come on, hurry up”

Belle and Rachel were settled into their seats at the hair dressing salon as a team of stylists worked on their hair. Leah had been taken into a separate room for a massage before her hair was done.

“You ok Belle?” Rachel asked as Belle rubbed her stomach

“huh?”

“I asked if you were ok?”

Belle sighed before answering “Yeah, it’s just….it’s nothing, I’m fine just being silly”

“Belle!” Rachel looked at her in the mirror “Tell me”

“The baby is just a bit more quiet than it usually is at this time”

“Quiet how?” Rachel asked shrugging off the stylist and making her way over to Belle’s chair “is it moving at all?” she asked as she placed her hand against Belle’s stomach

“Yeah but it’s just not as strong or as much as usual”

“Ok” Rachel looked at her watch before rummaging around in her bag “here” she handed Belle a pen and a piece of paper “I want you to make a mark on here every time baby moves ok, we’ll monitor it for a couple of hours see how it’s going. Is that ok?”

“yeah, thanks Rach” Belle rubbed a hand on her stomach and smiling placed a mark onto the piece of paper “you’re trying to prove mommy wrong aren’t you baby”

“That’s good” Rachel smiled as she took her seat again “I’m sure baby is just having a lazy day”

“Yeah” Belle smiled feeling reassured by Rachel’s words and her presence

“My fish was the biggest mommy!” Beau spoke into the phone.

Belle had called to see how they were all getting on, with just over an hour to go until the ceremony she wanted to make sure they were running on schedule

“That’s good baby. Did you have your bath?”

“No” Beau replied grinning at Aden who was sitting next to him “daddy said I could just have some of his aftershave to make the fishy smell go away!”

“Beau, let me talk to daddy” Belle insisted

He handed the phone to Aden with a giggle

“Aden, what’s going on, he needs a bath not just…..”

“Babe, relax” Aden interrupted “He was kidding. He’s had his bath and is now running around the house in his boxers because I don’t wanna put his suit on till the last minute, it’s hot enough as it is”

“Are you…”

“Yes I’m sure sweetheart!”

“How’s Roman then?” she asked

“Well he’s running around the house in his boxers too” Aden chuckled

“Aden! I’m being serious!”

“So am I babe! It’s like an oven in here, we really should look into getting air con”

“Aden!”

“Belle, Roman is fine, Beau’s fine, I’m fine! Everything is going to plan please stop worrying! Now how are you? Everything ok over there?”

“Yeah it’s all good now” Belle replied

“What do you mean by now?” Aden asked “something wrong earlier?”

“nothing really” Belle answered not wanting to worry him

“ok I know you are lying Belle, what’s going on?” he stood up from the couch and moved into the kitchen so Beau couldn’t hear

“Well what you said this morning before I left about the baby…”

“Oh my god babe, is something wrong? Is the…”

“Aden, Aden listen. I was a bit worried because the movements didn’t seem as strong but Rach has been monitoring them and we’ve listened to the heartbeat and everything is ok”

“You sure? You heard the heartbeat? That means you went to the hospital then? You should have called me Belle”

“Hey, calm down babe it’s all ok. I didn’t go to the hospital, I would never go and not call you! Rachel has this portable Foetal heart monitor thing that she had Tony bring over”

“And it was all ok?”

“absolutely” Belle answered firmly hoping to reassure him

“You are taking it easy then aren’t you babe? Not rushing around or stressing or… well I know you are stressing so please try and stop!”

“I’ll try I promise! Right I’ll leave you to go and get ready. See you in an hour or so then”

“See you there babe, love you”

“Love you too”

The wedding was taking place on the grass area outside the surf club overlooking the beach. A marquee had been set up and decorated in the colours to compliment the bridal party.

“You sure about this then mate? No cold feet?” Aden asked Roman as they stood at the end of the aisle as the guests arrived and took their seats.

“It’s summer daddy and very hot! Granddad’s feet must be very hot like mine not cold silly”

“Spot on little soldier” Roman replied with a laugh “No cold feet here!”

“Just checkin” Aden grinned “It’s part of my duties”

“Speaking of duties you got the rings?” Roman asked

Aden began to pat at the pockets of his grey trousers dramatically

“Very funny” Roman said

“Chill! of course I’ve got them” he slipped his hands into the pocket and pulled out the black velvet box containing the wedding rings

“Good good” Roman replied nodding his head “we’re all good to go then”

“Looks like it” Aden grinned nodding his head to where a stretch limousine had just pulled up. “That’s our cue I think” at a nod from the official who was conducting the ceremony they stepped forward as Irene came to collect Beau to take him to join the rest of the bridal party for the walk down the aisle.

“Look at you handsome” Belle exclaimed as she stepped out of the limo somewhat awkwardly, her long blue dress making it even more difficult than it would normally be in her condition. Her eyes instantly landed on Beau, he was wearing the same light grey trousers, white shirt and blue tie as Aden and Roman and looked, in Belle’s opinion, extremely gorgeous.

“Hello mommy, you look very pretty”

“Aww thank you baby” she grinned “Wait till you see Leah, she looks even prettier than me”

Emme was the next out of the car followed my Rachel.

“Right then you two need to hold hands” Rachel told her daughter and Beau.

A look of horror passed over the faces of the two children causing Belle and Rachel to laugh

“Come on” Belle encouraged “You hold hands all the time when you are playing!”

“But everybody is looking” Emme pouted

“Only because the two of you look so gorgeous. Now come on it wont hurt just for two minutes”

Reluctantly Beau shuffled closer to Emme and picked up her hand in his. Both Belle and Rachel had to struggle to hold back the laughter from bubbling over their lips.

After a few moments Leah stepped out of the limo, Belle grinned as she heard a small gasp from Beau and saw him whisper something to Emme.

“All ready then?” Leah asked excitement clear in her words

“Absolutely” Belle replied as she stepped forward to help straighten Leah’s gown. It was a strapless 1940’s style dress that suited Leah’s figure and colouring to perfection “You look amazing Leah”

“Thank you” she replied shyly

“Right, VJ you ready to go?” VJ had quietly followed Leah from the limo. He was giving her away and quietly at Rachel’s question took hold of his mothers arm.

Rachel nodded over to Tony who was sitting next to the sound system and after a few moments music filled the air and the bridal party made their way slowly down the aisle.

The ceremony went without a hitch and after posing for photographs the party moved inside to the surf club which had been decorated to match the marquee. They all enjoyed a meal that had been prepared by caterers and there was much chatter and laughter as they ate. Aden was getting more and more nervous as the moment approached for him to give his speech. Belle knowing him as well as she did kept her eyes trained on him as Roman finished his speech and as he stood and caught her eye she smiled at him in encouragement.

“Hey, a bit of hush please!” he called “Wow, this really is as scary as I thought! I would do the old trick of picturing everyone in their underwear but to be honest looking at you all I think that might freak me out even more!”

To his relief the guests laughed at his opening joke and he let out the breath he had been holding before continuing

“Ok seriously, when Roman asked me to be his best man I couldn’t have been prouder or more honoured, we’ve been through a lot together and the fact that I’m able to stand up here as someone worthy to be a best man is all down to him. One of the first things I did after he asked me was get onto the internet and google best man speeches for some tips, there were a tonne of pages and I managed to compile a list of things every good best man speech should include so I hope you guys don’t mind if I just work off that list?”

He picked up the piece of paper he had propped against his glass and waved it in the air before placing it back down

“Ok number one was to compliment the bridesmaids, pretty easy right? I thought so too. Then I happened to be at the gym the other day when some guy was chatting to his mate about the hot doctor at the local hospital. Unfortunately for the bloke Tony overheard too and lets just say he wont be working out here anymore! I kind of like my limbs as and where they are so Rach I hope you don’t mind if I skip on the complimenting you part and head straight over to Belle. As you all know she’s my wife so I’m pretty safe there except that for some reason the past few months whenever I tell her she looks good she fires back something about me making her fat and we end up in a fight and you guys don’t wanna hear that so I think I better skip her too. That just leaves Emme, little lady you look absolutely gorgeous and you’ve done a great job today. Also I have to add something about the very handsome young man who was holding Emme’s hand during the ceremony. I’m sure you will all agree with me that Beau is by far the most handsome man in the room today! Buddy you did great. So, If we could all raise our glasses for a second to Beau, Emme and the other gorgeous bridesmaids”

The assembled guests laughed and raised their glasses “To Beau, Emme and the bridesmaids”

“Righto, next on the list was complimenting the bride. Now I may look stupid but I’m really not, the bride has just married an ex SAS soldier, there will be no jokes here! Leah you look radiant, the dress, the hair, the makeup, it’s all absolutely stunning and Roman is a very lucky man indeed!”

“too right” Roman shouted causing everyone to laugh

“about now” Aden continued “I should slip in a funny anecdote about the groom but like I’ve already said I like my limbs where they are! What I will say instead is what a truly amazing guy Roman is, I’m pretty sure there isn’t a person in this room who he hasn’t helped at some point, whether it would be with a bit of advice or a helping hand with a job or a place to stay he’s always there if you need him and the same goes for Leah too which is why I just know that this really is a match made in heaven. They might have taken their time getting here but I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that this really is the beginning of a perfect marriage and I know that the two of them are going to live a long and happy life together. This would be the perfect moment then I think for us all to raise our glasses to the bride and groom”

“The bride and groom”

Aden looked over at Belle and saw a tear snaking it’s way down her cheek. He smiled at her before continuing

“So, I’ve already got my wife crying which means it must be about time to wrap this up! There’s just one more thing I need to add and babe you might wanna grab another tissue! I couldn’t stand up here today without mentioning the one person who isn’t here that we would all love to be. I know it’s been a long time since we lost Nic but not a day passes when I don’t think of her and I know that goes for Roman too. She would have been so so proud of you Roman and I know she’s out there somewhere all dolled up to the nines watching over us, probably making some sarcastic comment about our suits or the colour of the bridesmaid dresses but smiling all the same. There are actually a few other people not here with us today so for one last time I’d like everyone to raise their glasses to absent friends”

“Absent friends”

“Good job with the speech babe” Belle whispered into Aden’s ear as they took to the dance floor after Roman and Leah’s first dance.

“It was alright?” Aden replied clearly still uncertain

“it was perfect” she answered as she pressed a small kiss just below his ear “you’re perfect”

“I wouldn’t go that far” he laughed “Hey, have I told you how sensational you look?”

“oh not for at least half an hour” she grinned

“Well you do” he replied “You look completely and utterly, devastatingly gorgeous!” as he finished complimenting her he pressed a tender kiss to her lips “I love you”

“I love you too” She told him with a smile “Hey, where’s Beau?” as Aden turned from her to see if he could spot their son amongst the guests he missed the wince of pain that shot fleetingly across her face. She dropped one of her arms from around his neck and brought a hand to rub her back, nudging Aden’s out of the way

“You alright babe?” he asked pushing her hand out of the way and returning his to it’s original position rubbing the spot as she had begun to do

“Yeah, I’m just a bit achy” she told him playing down the truth slightly “I’ve been on my feet loads today”

“Let’s get you sat down then eh” he led her from the dance floor and over to a table “That better?” he asked crouching in front of her as she sat down

“Yeah, I think so” she smiled “So did you find him?”

“Yeah” he pointed to the corner of the room where Beau, Meg and Emme were huddled clearly in he middle of some game. “Right, I’m gonna go get you a drink ok? Don’t go anywhere”

“Don’t worry I don’t have the energy to move” she grinned

He pressed a kiss into her hair as he stood up and then headed to the bar

The rest of the night passed quickly Belle had spent most of the time with Matilda and Abi, Aden hardly spending anytime with her as he stood at the bar with the boys . Just before midnight Aden, taking his best man role seriously, rounded up the guests and ushered them outside for the big surprise to bring in the new year.

“Hey squirt” he crouched down in front of the couch and placed his hand upon his sleeping sons back “buddy, you gonna wake up? Granddad has a surprise for us outside”

“Where’s mommy?” Beau asked groggily as he struggled to open his eyes

“I dunno!” Aden looked around the room trying to spot Belle amongst the people who had yet to make their way outside “I guess she’s already gone out. Come on, Daddy’ll carry you”

He lifted Beau into his arms and he automatically brought his head to rest against his fathers broad shoulder

“Is it the new year yet daddy?”

“Nearly, that’s why we have to go outside.”

Once outside it only took Aden a few moments to spot Belle amongst the crowd. She was standing in a small huddle with Abi, Geoff, Ric and Matilda.

He crept over to them and she jumped slightly when he wrapped his free arm around her waist

“Hey beautiful” he whispered into her ear

“Hey. Hi there sleepy boy” she inched closer to Aden and Beau resting her hand onto Beau’s back as pressed a kiss to his cheek “You ok baby?”

“Just tired mommy”

“You can go back to sleep soon son” Aden told him as they heard Colleen shout out that there was thirty seconds to go “You alright babe?” he asked Belle

“Err, yeah I guess I…”

“You guess? Is there something…..”

“twenty seconds” Colleen shouted

Aden shifted Beau slightly so he could move closer to Belle the arm he had wrapped around her tightening

“What is it babe, is something wrong?”

Belle’s reply was drowned out by the sound of the crowd counting backwards from ten. Seeing Belle join in Aden was slightly reassured that everything was alright and he couldn’t help but get caught up in the moment himself.

“Three, Two, One, Happy new year” The cry went up from the whole crowd as a flash of fireworks lit up the sky over the bay

Beau gasped as the multicoloured sparkles fell from the sky. Whilst he was distracted Aden leant into Belle “Happy new year baby”

“Happy new year” Belle replied in a whisper as their lips joined in a tender kiss. It was a short but sweet kiss as they both pulled away and placed kisses onto Beau’s cheeks at the same time wishing him a happy new year.

Belle pulled out of Aden’s embrace and moved over towards Abi. His earlier worry about her coming back to the surface Aden’s eyes followed her movements even as Ric came to wish him a happy new year.

“Hey mate, Happy new year!” Ric cried slapping him on the back good naturedly

“Huh?”

“I said happy new year! Everything ok?”

“What? Oh yeah, same to……” The rest of his sentence was lost as he watched Belle step back from embracing Geoff and double over clutching at her stomach “god! Beau, go to Ric” he quickly handed Beau into Ric’s willing arms and rushed over to his wife.

“Belle?” she tried to stand up straight as he approached but was clearly having difficulty. She lifted her head and he could see the pain and fear flashing in her eyes “It’s alright baby I’m here, I’m right here.”

“Aden!” she gasped “I think the baby is coming”

Chapter 37

As soon as the contraction came to an end Aden gently led Belle inside, sitting her down on the first available seat. Abi and Matilda had followed them in whilst Geoff went to find Rachel. Ric had stayed outside with Beau, keeping him distracted with the fireworks.

“Alright babe?” Aden crouched down in front of Belle resting one hand on her leg and using the other to tenderly tuck her hair behind her ear

“It’s too early” she whispered worry clear in her voice

“Hey” Rachel came rushing over to them “I had a feeling this was going to happen today!”

“It’s too soon Rach” Belle whispered

“You’re 36 weeks right?” Rachel checked

Belle nodded in reply as Aden took hold of her hand and squeezed it reassuringly

“Belle, we class 37 weeks as full term, I’m not overly worried about this ok. I’m sure baby will be fine, I would like you to come into the hospital though, I know you wanted the baby at home but…”

“It’s fine Rach, whatever you think is best” Belle replied quickly glancing to Aden who nodded his head in agreement

“So what is it with you and parties huh?” Roman asked with a smile as he and Leah came into the club

“Leah I’m so sorry!” Belle exclaimed “It’s your wedding and…”

“Belle, don’t be silly!” Leah replied “This is so exciting” she added as she leant down to give her a hug “Good luck hey”

Belle let out a small laugh “Thanks Leah, I think I might need it!”

They chatted for a few minutes about the joys of childbirth before Belle insisted that they return outside to their guests.

“Mommy!” Beau came running into the room towards Belle

“Sorry guys” Ric apologised as he came running in after him “He wanted you Belle”

“That’s ok, come here baby” she held her arms open for Beau and he climbed up on to her lap with a little help from Aden

“Are you sick mommy?” he asked in a quiet voice his little face clouded with worry

“No baby boy, I’m not sick but I do have to go to the hospital for a little bit. You’re little brother or sister is coming”

“Are you going to take the baby out of mommy’s tummy Rachel?”

“I’m going to help” she replied to Beau with a smile

“Are me and daddy coming to the hospital too?” As he asked Beau wrapped one of his arms around Aden’s shoulder

“Well daddy has to come but I think it would be best if you stayed at home sweetie”

“I don’t want to be all by myself” Beau looked back and forth between his parents tears brimming his eyes

“Squirt, you wont be by yourself! Aden replied rubbing his hand over Beau’s head “Uncle Geoff and aunt Abi are going to stay with you. If that’s ok?” he added looking over to the couple in question

“Yeah, sure, of course” Geoff replied

“Me and daddy will come home with you and get you settled into bed” Belle told Beau

“We will?” Aden asked

“Yeah, I need to pack a bag and we’ll have time”

“If you are sure sweetheart”

“Yeah I’m sure.” Belle replied “Rach, you aren’t supposed to be working tonight, do you mind….”

“Of course not. I’ll go home with Tony now whilst you go and get your things then I’ll meet you at the hospital yeah?”

“Thank you” Belle answered sincerely “Aden!” her grip tightened on Aden’s hand as she felt the uncomfortable sensation of a contraction beginning to build.

Realising straight away what was going on Aden lifted Beau from her lap “Buddy, can you go and sit with uncle Geoff a sec”

Geoff, noticing the look on Belle’s face rushed over and took Beau’s hand “Come on mate, how about we go and find Meg, see what she’s up to” he knew Belle wouldn’t want Beau to see her in any discomfort so led him outside.

Aden shouted a thank you over his shoulder but most of his attention was focused on his wife

“alright babe, that’s it, just breath through it” he leant forward and pressed a reassuring kiss onto her forehead as she clutched both of his hands tightly in hers

“I forgot how much it hurts” she groaned as the contraction came to a peak

“I know” he whispered. Feeling her grip on his hand loosen moment by moment he was able to tell when the contraction came to an end “That’s it baby, well done”

“I wish that was it!” she smiled slightly “how long was that in between?” she asked knowing he would have been timing it

“Ten minutes babe, were they not…..have you been having them all night?”

She looked up at him guiltily “I had a few twinges but I thought that was all it was. I‘m sorry I should have told you.”

“Hey, it’s ok. We better get going I don‘t think Alf would appreciate it if you gave birth here! You ready to move?”

“Yeah, come on” she used his arms to leaver herself out of the chair freezing as soon as she was up “oh my god, Aden you’ve been drinking! You can’t drive and I can’t…”

“Belle, don’t worry” Matilda said as she walked over to them “I haven’t been drinking I can drive you”

“Thanks Mattie” Aden said wrapping his arm around Belle’s waist

“No worries, I’ll take you guys, Beau and Abi now then I’ll wait till you are sorted and drop you at the hospital before coming back for Ric and Beth and Geoff”

It took a while for them to round up all their belongings and Irene and Annie came over to the car with Abi and Beau to wish Belle luck. She leant against the car as another pain ripped through her.

“alright darl” Irene soothed her through it as Aden was busy settling Beau into the car “You are doing really well”

“Thanks Irene” she muttered when it came to an end “how come you forget how bad it is?”

“It’s natures way luvvie and it’s all worth it in the end”

“Yeah I suppose” Belle agreed although not as wholeheartedly as she may have done a few hours previously

“Ready babe” Aden asked standing up straight and instantly bringing his hand to Belle’s cheek “you just had another one yeah?”

She nodded her head as he gently pushed her hair out of her face

“let’s get you sorted hey” he said quietly as he helped her into the front seat of the car “I’ll call you guys later” he told Irene and Annie before climbing into the car himself “Let’s go Mattie”

Once they reached home Beau was almost asleep and Belle insisted Aden carry him into the house whilst Abi and Matilda helped her

“I reckon you might wanna get changed” Mattie giggled as she walked with Belle through the front door “this dress is gorgeous and all but not really practical for giving birth in!”

“Yeah, I think you might be right. Mattie what do I pack?” Belle asked uncertainly

“Er haven’t you already done this before?” Abi asked as she followed them in

“Yes” Belle replied “But Beau was supposed to be born at home and so was this little one so I never did the packed bag bit”

“Oh yeah!” Abi laughed “Well at least you aren’t on a boat this time!”

Matilda laughed too “Nah, this time she just interrupted her friends wedding!”

“I hardly interrupted it! It’s after midnight, it was pretty much over anyway!”

“Ok, you just interrupted everyone’s new years celebrations” Abi said with a grin

“Oh god! I didn’t think of that, I’m so sor…”

“Belle! I’m kidding! Nothing is more exciting than this” Abi wrapped an arm around her shoulder and squeezed her slightly “Now, what needs to go in this bag we have to pack Mattie?”

Mattie quickly listed the items they would need and after they supported her through another contraction Belle made her way upstairs.

She leant against the doorframe of Beau’s room and watched as Aden gently tucked Nic nac under their sons arm and leant forward to place a kiss on his forehead

“He gone back off?” She whispered as she carefully made her way over to the bed

“Yeah” Aden replied his voice just as low as he pulled her gently to sit on his lap “How you doing?”

“I’m scared” she replied

“I know sweetheart” he rubbed her back as he tried to reassure her “but you’ve done it before and look how well that turned out” he softly traced a finger down Beau’s cheek, laughing quietly when he wrinkled his nose at the touch “And you know what? I’m gonna be with you every second babe”

“Thank you” she whispered burying her head into his neck as he hugged her tightly “We better go get changed” she said pulling away after a few moments. She leant over and placed a kiss onto Beau’s cheek before whispering into his ear “mommy loves you baby, sweet dreams”

“Come on” Aden carefully pushed her off his lap so she was standing and led her into their room.

“Can you get the travel bag down from our wardrobe?” Belle asked as she began pulling open drawers looking for the items she’d need.

Within seconds Aden had the bag open on the bed ready to fill “What else do we need?” he asked. She couldn’t hold back the smile from her face at his use of the word we. “What?”

“we?”

“yeah we” he grinned “so we’ll need some stuff for bub right?”

“Yeah, erm nappies, a couple of onesies, socks, a hat, some muslins, a blanket…I think that’s all”

“I’m on it” he replied heading into the nursery. He had gathered most of the things she had asked for when he heard Belle cry out for him

“Aden!”

“Hey, it’s ok I’m here sweetheart” he rushed back into their room “What is it?” he had sensed a tone of fear in her voice that hadn’t been there before

“my waters broke” she gasped at the same moment his eyes took in the large wet patch on the carpet underneath her feet

“alright” he dropped the baby things he was carrying onto the bed and then took her in his arms soothing her until the contraction she was experiencing came to an end. “Shhh it’s alright babe, you’re doing great”

By the time the contraction was over she had tears streaming down her cheeks

“Belle, babe it’s ok”

“I….Aden my waters broke!”

“I know Belle, it’s what’s supposed to happen, it’s alright” he was struggling to hold back a burst of laughter knowing that Belle wouldn’t appreciate it right then “Come on, let’s get you out of this dress and into something more comfortable” he reached round to her back unzipping the dress slowly before tugging it over her head. He stretched over and picked up the vest top she had slung onto the bed and gently slipped it over her head “This is a turn up for the books eh? Me helping you back into clothes straight after I’ve helped you out of them!”

She let out a little chuckle “yeah, we should get a pic….the camera, we need to put my camera into the bag!”

“we’ll get it when we go downstairs” he told her manoeuvring her to sit on the edge of the bed.

“can’t you go and get it now? And there are some things I need from the bathroom”

“You alright here?” he checked

She nodded before telling him what she needed and he quickly rushed to get them returning a few minutes later.

“Is that everything?” Belle asked looking at him as she pushed the remaining few items into the bag

“I guess so” he replied “anyway, we aren’t going to be there that long right and it’s not like it’s that far, if we are missing anything someone can drop it off to us”

“Yeah, I hope you are right. I just want this to be over Aden, I want to be back here with you snuggling on the sofa with our baby and our little boy, just the four of us”

“This time tomorrow babe, we’ll be doing just that”

“I can’t do this anymore!”

It was approaching five am. Belle had been in labour for five hours and at the hospital for four.

“You can babe, you are doing it! You are doing really well” Aden soothed. He was perched on the edge of the bed and Belle was standing in between his legs leaning against him. Rachel had advised she stand as much as possible to try and speed things along.

“What would you know!” she snapped as the contraction finally came to an end “When was the last time another person was trying to squeeze it’s way out of you!”

“Ok” he replied simply, knowing that arguing back with her was not what she needed. They had been awake for almost twenty four hours and he was tired so he couldn’t imagine how she was feeling. It killed him that there was nothing he could do to make it easier for her so he figured letting her snap at him was the least he could do

“Ok?” she replied “is that it?”

“Yeah, just ok” he answered leaning forward to press a kiss to her forehead

“I’m sorry” she whispered, her anger disappearing as quickly as it had arrived “I’m just so tired and it hurts so much and….I’m so tired”

“I know, come here” he drew her even closer to him, letting go of her hands and wrapping his arms around her waist “I am so proud of you! You know that right?”

She nodded he head and managed a smile at him

“And Rach said things are moving along nicely so it shouldn’t be too much longer”

“I hope so! I just…..I..…I don’t know” A few tears brimmed over her eyes and rolled down her cheek

“Alright babe” Aden whispered as he brushed more kisses into her hair “How about you lie down for a bit, you might be able to relax a bit more then”

“I doubt it” she replied as she took his hand and let him help her onto the bed regardless, propping a few pillows behind her head and back to support her.

She had barely been on the bed a minute before her grip on his hands tightened signalling the arrival of another contraction .

“Aden!” she exclaimed her voice panicked

“it’s alright babe, just remember your breathing in through…”

“Aden I need to push!”

“What! Rachel said you weren’t fully di…”

“I don’t care what Rachel said” she cried shifting uncomfortably on the bed “I need to push now! Oh god!”

“Ok ok” he leant over her and slammed his hand against the emergency call button before she grabbed hold of it again squeezing with all her might “just hang on alright, try not to push yet”

“you try not to push!” she shouted irrationally just as Rachel appeared at the door

“You called?”

“She needs to push” Aden said as she approached the bed “But you said…”

Rachel chuckled “Aden, Belle’s the one in control here if she says she needs to push then it’s time to push! Lets have a look”

She pulled on a pair of gloves and walked to the end of the bed. She lifted Belle’s gown and after a moment smiled up at them “Wow, you have been busy! I can see the head already Belle, you are doing perfectly, you push away whenever you need ok”

Belle managed a quick nod before focusing her attention back on the job in hand. Aden shifted the pillows out of the way and sat himself down behind her so he could support her as much as possible

When the contraction came to an end she stopped pushing and leant her head back against his chest as he brushed a few stray wisps of hair off her forehead.

“It hurts” she cried

“I know, it’s nearly over now sweetheart, you’ll have our baby in your arms really soon ok”

She nodded in reply as she tried to conserve as much energy as possible. Moments later the unbearable pressure began to build again and once again she put every ounce of energy she had left into pushing.

Aden and Rachel encouraged her the whole time as for twenty minutes she continued to work, resting back against Aden in between every contraction for a brief few moments respite

“it didn’t take this long with Beau” Aden said to Rachel, a hint of worry clouding his voice

“Every labour is different Aden, Beau was really quick, this baby is just a little lazier but we are really close! A few more big pushes Belle ok! You can do it!”

“I can’t” she groaned as she lifted her head once more from Aden and began to push

“Yes you can! That’s it Belle, good girl, one more like that, that’s it, that’s it! Ok the head is out Belle just stop one second whilst I check the cord, pant for me ok”

Belle followed Rachel’s instruction letting out quick breaths as Aden looked on in awe “Ok, now push again Belle, one more big push”

“Arrrrrgggggh!” Belle cried and moments later the sound of another scream filled the air

“You’ve done it babe” Aden exclaimed, tears rolling down his cheeks as Rachel lifted the squirming baby into the air

Rachel beamed as she told them the words she knew they were desperate to hear “You have a girl”

Chapter 38

“We have a girl” Aden repeated pure joy etched onto his face

“is she ok” Belle asked as she craned her neck to get a better look at her daughter

“She’s perfect” Rachel replied “We just need to get this cord cut, Aden?”

“Can I?” he asked

Rachel nodded her head at him with a smile. He placed a kiss against Belle’s head before moving away from her and joining Rachel at the end of the bed

“It’s ok beautiful” he cooed stroking his finger down the cheek of the little girl who was still squirming in Rachel’s hold . The nurse who had been assisting handed Aden a pair of surgical scissors and showed him where to make the cut. He grinned up at Belle before carefully following her instructions. Once it was done Rachel placed the baby onto the blanket the nurse had draped over her arms tucking it tightly around her before lifting her up and turning to Aden

“Here you are sweetheart you go to daddy” she said placing her gently into his welcoming arms

“Hello angel” he whispered tenderly placing a kiss onto her forehead “lets go find your mommy hey”

He walked with her back to the bed his eyes never leaving hers as his grin threatened to break free of his face. When he reached Belle he leant down and kissed her lips tenderly before lowering the baby into her arms. Once his arms were free he wrapped one around Belle’s shoulder and used the other hand to gently take hold of his daughters as he perched on the bed next to them.

“Hi baby girl, I’m your mommy!” Belle whispered “what a beautiful surprise you are hey? We weren’t expecting you just yet sweetheart”

“You are just impatient like your mommy aren’t you little girl!” Aden smiled “Hey, do we make gorgeous babies or what?”

“We do” Belle agreed with a nod “Look at her”

“I’m looking babe” he chuckled

“She’s so……...perfect” she added after a moment finally settling on the correct word

“she is” Aden replied leaning down and placing another gentle kiss against the soft hair covering the top of the little girls head “So beautiful, we need to give you a name don’t we. What do you think?” he asked Belle

“I don’t know” she answered after a moment seemingly mesmerised by the small bundle in her arms “she doesn’t look like a Mia or a phoebe”

“No she doesn’t” Aden agreed “Those names aren’t…….I don’t know…..amazing enough”

“it needs to be something really special doesn’t it because you are so so special little one” her free hand trailed slowly along the little girls flailing arm “it’s ok baby shhhh” she began to rock her arms when the baby began to fuss and let out small whimpers “mommy’s got you”

“What do you think about Grace?” Aden asked quietly

Belle took her eyes off her daughter for the first time and looked at him “Grace Jefferies. Hmmm……yeah I love it” she smiled looking back down to the baby in her arms “What do you think Grace? Do you like it?”

“I think that’s a yes” Aden grinned when the whimpers ceased and she became still once again “Hello Grace” he lifted her tiny hand and placed a kiss against it. “Welcome to the world sweetheart”

After half an hour or so Rachel took Belle for a shower whilst Aden stayed with Grace. A nurse came and weighed and measured her then left Aden to dress her in one of the white onesies they had brought with them. He had just finished doing up the poppers when Belle returned

“Look at you all dressed up baby girl” she exclaimed as she climbed up onto the bed next to where Aden had Grace lying

“She looks good doesn’t she” he grinned helping her up onto the bed “How are you feeling?”

“On top of the world” she grinned back picking her daughter up and settling back against the end of the bed “Are you ready for mommy to feed you now Grace? Shall we see huh?”

She lowered her top and settled the little girl to feed

“like a duck to water eh” Aden said smiling as Grace began to suckle enthusiastically

They both watched her in silence for a few moments committing her every feature to memory.

Belle broke the silence after a while “This isn’t right Aden”

He jumped slightly, worry clouding his face at her statement his eyes quickly trailing over his baby girl to see if he was missing something

“Hey” she lifted her hand and placed it on his cheek noticing his look of distress “I just meant there’s someone missing”

“squirt” Aden replied with a smile “I’ll call them to bring him over”

He pulled his phone from his pocket and quickly brought up their home number moving it to his ear once the call was connected

“Hi, it’s me, did I wake you?”

Belle tried to make out who had answered the call but as he had the phone held to the ear furthest away from her she had to make do with just listening to his side of the conversation

“Yep, at 5.30……….yeah they are both great………Errrr we wanna let Beau be the first to know so you are going to have to wait and see……nope!” he laughed and rolled his eyes and Belle could guess from what he was saying that he was talking with Abi

“is he?……well can you get him up and bring him over……yeah now……oh and Abs, remember those things we bought in the city before Christmas?….Yeah, they are in a bag in my car, can you bring them with you?…….nice try! Bring them both, and Beau’s…..ok text when you get here and I’ll come out to get him….thanks Abs, bye.”

“What was all that about?” Belle asked as soon as he ended the call

“Beau’s still in bed but she’s gonna…..”

“Aden! You know what I mean! What did you buy in the city”

“Ah, you’ll just have to wait and see! I told you didn’t I baby girl, mommy is so impatient isn’t she!” he chuckled as he gently took hold of Grace’s foot and wiggled it slightly.

For the next twenty minutes they continued to gaze at the beautiful girl in Belle’s arms discussing which features they thought she had inherited from them, both agreeing that she looked more like her than him. They were interrupted by the arrival of a text message. Aden quickly read it then turned his attention back to Grace

“Right angel, are you all ready to meet your big brother?”

“They’re here?” Belle asked excitement clear in her voice

“Yup, I’ll go and get him yeah?”

“Yeah” Belle grinned as he hopped off the bed leaning back down to place a kiss on Grace’s cheek

“Daddy will be back in just a minute baby”

“I’m sure she’ll survive without you” she giggled raising Grace’s arm to gently wave at him “say bye daddy, we love you”

“I love you both too” he beamed “Two minutes I promise”

He quickly left the room pulling the door closed behind him. It was barely shut when a voice bellowed out

“Daddy!”

“Hey squirt” he crouched down as beau came running into his arms “oh I missed you buddy”

“I missed you too daddy! Where’s my mommy and the new baby?” Beau asked

“They are right in here” Aden said gesturing to the door “but there’s something we need to do first” he stood up and grinned at Abi and Geoff as they finally caught up with Beau

“Congratulations” Abi leant over and kissed his cheek

“Thanks”

“Yeah congrats mate” Geoff added reaching out a hand to shake Aden’s

“Thanks” Aden repeated “Is that the things?” Aden asked looking at the bag Abi had dangling from her hand

“Yeah, it sure is. Any chance of you telling me which one you’ll be needing?”

“Nope” he laughed as he took the bag from her before crouching back down in front of Beau “Right squirt, we need to take this off” he said pulling at the red t-shirt Beau was wearing

“Why daddy?” Beau asked as Aden lifted the shirt over his head

“Because….” he rooted around in the bag pulling out a baby blue garment “…you need to put this on” he unfolded it to reveal a t-shirt with writing emblazoned on the front.

“What does it say?” Beau asked as he looked down at it once Aden had helped him to put it on

“It says ‘I’m the big brother’” Aden told him

“That means me doesn’t it?” Beau asked proudly “I’m a big brother now”

“Yes you are, how about we go in and say hi to your new…..how about we go say hi” Aden corrected himself just in time laughing as the look of hope on Abi’s face turned to disappointment “You’ll find out soon enough” he grinned before taking hold of Beau’s hand and leading him into Belle’s room.

"hello baby" Belle said as soon as they were over the threshold of the room

"Hi mommy" Beau replied as Aden gently ushered him in further, closing the door behind them.

"Do you like my new t-shirt?" he stuck his chest out proudly and Belle beamed as she read the slogan on the front

"I love it munchkin, I'm the big brother!"

"No silly, you're the mommy I'm the big brother!" Beau replied emphasising the word I'm

"Silly me!" Belle giggled "So are you gonna come say hi to your sister?"

"Sister. That means it's a girl baby?"

"it does indeed" Aden said picking Beau up from behind and placing him down gently next to Belle on the bed bringing his hands to rest on his shoulders "Beau say hello to Grace"

"Is that her name?" he asked leaning over to get a closer look at the bundle in Belle's arms

"Yes it is" Belle answered "Do you like it?"

Beau nodded his head as he tentatively raised a hand and touched the babies cheek

"Hello Gracie, I'm Beau your big brother" he whispered. He paused for a few moments looking at her then moved his head so he could look at Belle

"She didn't say hello back because she's too small to talk isn't she mommy? but I think she likes me because she didn't make a crying noise"

“Oh I think she loves you baby boy” Belle told him “Would you like to hold her?”

Beau nodded enthusiastically “Yes please”

“Ok. Babe can you take her for a sec” she handed Grace into Aden’s waiting hands. He peppered her little face with kisses before cradling her against his chest. Belle shifted slightly pulling Beau to sit between her outstretched legs. She reached behind her and pulled out a pillow which she placed onto Beaus lap before positioning his arms on top of it.

“Here you go then squirt” Aden gently placed Grace into Beau’s arms. He glanced up to Belle as he moved his hands away seeing that she was getting as much joy from the moment as he was.

“What do you think then?” Belle asked Beau as Aden picked up her camera and began to snap some pictures to join the ones that Rachel had already taken of the three of them in the minutes after Grace’s birth.

“She’s very little” Beau answered gazing down intently at his sister

“She is isn’t she” Belle replied resting her chin on his shoulder as her hand brushed tenderly over Grace’s hair

“Yep, much smaller than me but she’s very pretty mommy”

“We think so too” she grinned catching Aden’s eye

“Hey, I have a present for my little girl” Aden said placing the camera onto the table at the end of the bed and picking up the bag he had placed there.

“Is Gracie getting presents because she missed Christmas?” Beau asked

“No” Aden chuckled “This is her birthday present”

“Wow! She came out of mommy’s tummy on her birthday! That’s very clever of you baby girl, now you won’t miss your presents” Beau exclaimed to the baby in his arms

“Quite the coincidence huh?” Belle giggled “So what’s this present then?”

Aden reached into the bag and with a flourish pulled out a pale pink babygro, he turned it around so Belle could see the words ‘I’m the little sister’ splashed across the front in the same design as Beau’s t-shirt

“How did….”

He tilted the bag so she could see the blue suit left in the bottom of the bag

“They said in the store I could just take back whichever one we didn’t use”

“What does it say daddy?” Beau asked his eyes leaving Grace’s for the first time since she was placed in his arms to look at what Aden had pulled from the bag

“It says I’m the little sister” Aden told him returning to the bed so he could perch on the edge next to the rest of his family

“We’ll be nearly the same” Beau grinned “That’s good isn’t it!”

“Yeah it is” Aden replied “Do you think we should put it on her now?”

“That’s a good idea daddy because then when everybody comes to visit they will know who we are”

“Good thinking squirt. Lets see then, come here beautiful”

He carefully lifted Grace from Beau’s arms and after kissing her a few times twisted around and lay her on the space at the end of the bed. As soon as she was lying flat on the bed her legs began to kick and she started to whimper.

Belle had her arms wrapped around Beau giving him a cuddle but as soon as the wails started from the little girl he wriggled out of her embrace and scrambled to the bottom of the bed

“It’s ok Gracie” he soothed his sister “I’m just here. I think she misses me” he said looking over at Aden quickly before returning his attention to Grace picking up her hand gently “that’s a good girl, don’t cry”

The crying stopped almost as soon as he began talking and as Grace stared up at Beau Belle thought her heart would burst with happiness.

Aden looked over at her to see tears pooling in her eyes

“Hey babe, you ok?” he moved over to her and cupped her face in his hands using his thumb to wipe away the tears that were now dripping down her cheeks

“I’m more than ok” Belle replied in a whisper “thank you Aden”

“What for?” he asked with a grin

“For helping me make the most perfect babies” she replied

“Well then thank you too. I think we have to be about the luckiest people in the world right now…” he pressed a quick gentle kiss on her lips before letting go of her face so he could turn around and watch their children. He squeezed her gently as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder “…we certainly have the best family”

Chapter 39

As Aden helped Beau do up the last button on the pink babygro Grace was now wearing he let out a small chuckle

“I don’t know baby girl” he said as he lifted one of her hands “barely two hours old and already in your second outfit! Are you gonna be a little diva hey?”

“I hope not!” Belle laughed

“I think Gracie is going to be a good girl” Beau said as he picked up her other hand “You’ll have to teach her munchkin” Belle told him as she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his shoulder so she could get a better look at her daughter

“I’ll be a good teacher” Beau replied “because I’m a very good boy aren’t I? I only do naughty things sometimes and I always say sorry”

“You’re a very good boy squirt” Aden leant over Grace and pressed a kiss against Beau’s forehead “Grace is a very lucky little girl having such a great big brother”

“Can I cuddle her again?” Beau asked letting go of her hand and reaching to pick up the pillow again

“I don’t think we’re gonna get a look in babe” Belle giggled as she helped Beau to get comfortable whilst Aden picked up Grace and placed her back into her brothers arms. As he did so his phone bleeped to signal the arrival of a message. Once he was sure Grace was safe and comfortable he moved his hands away and pulled his phone from his pocket. He let out a small laugh as he read the message then turned to Belle to read it aloud

“We’ve started to multiply! if you don’t let us in soon we are going to make an awful mess when we explode from excitement! Please let us in!”

“Abi?” Belle guessed

“Uh huh” Aden replied “you think we should put them out of their misery?”

“Yeah I guess” Belle answered somewhat reluctantly, not wanting this precious time with just the four of them to come to an end

“Hey, we’ll have plenty of time together later” he replied guessing instantly the reason for her reluctance “I’ll go get them yeah”

“No!” she exclaimed pulling on his arm to keep him close to her “just text her back to come in”

He smiled at her insistence to keep him close and leant in to kiss her “I love you” he whispered

“love you too” she replied before kissing him again

When they parted after a few moments Aden typed in a quick reply to Abi and less than a minute after he hit the send button the door opened.

Abi was the first to enter the room followed by Geoff and Irene

“Oh my god! The pink one! It’s a girl!” Abi exclaimed as soon as she set eyes on the small bundle cradled in Beau’s arms

“It is” Belle said as she ran a hand gently over her daughters body “Guys meet Grace”

“Aww luvvie, congratulations!” Irene strode over to the bed, tears clear on her cheeks as she hugged Belle and then Aden before looking down at Beau and Grace “Well look at you darl” she said to Beau who was grinning up at her proudly “Looking after your little sister already eh?” she placed a finger into Graces grasp smiling as she wiggled her hand up and down “And what a gorgeous little sister you are!”

“This is nana Irene Gracie” Beau explained to his little sister “She can’t talk to you yet nana because she’s too little but when she doesn’t cry that means she likes you”

“Oh, look at her! She’s gorgeous” Abi exclaimed as she moved closer to the bed, nudging Irene over slightly so she could get a proper look at her niece “hello baby girl, I’m your aunt Abi. She’s perfect guys” she added looking up to Aden and Belle

“isn’t she just” Belle agreed with a grin

“Just like her brother” Aden added not wanting Beau to feel in any way left out

“Do you like Gracie uncle Geoff” Beau asked Geoff who was still hovering by the door

“I don’t know” he replied “I haven’t had a proper look” he walked over and wrapping his arms around Abi’s waist peered at the little girl “Wow, she’s very pretty isn’t she?” he directed his question at Beau

“Yes she is uncle Geoff and very very pre…..precious?” he turned his head to look up at Aden for confirmation that he had pronounced the word correctly

“That’s right mate” Aden grinned

“Very precious” Beau repeated “That means we have to be very careful and gentle and that she can’t play power rangers with me yet”

The adults all chuckled at Beaus explanation

“So am I allowed a cuddle with my niece?” Abi asked Beau

“Well she might cry aunt Abi because she loves me lots! Mommy said so and when daddy tooked her away from me before she cried”

Abi sighed at the cuteness of her nephew and couldn’t resist leaning over and smacking a kiss on his lips “Well, how about we give it a go and if she cries then you’ll be just here and I can give her back”

“Ok” Beau nodded before looking down to the baby in his arms “Gracie, aunt Abi is going to cuddle you now, it’s ok if you cry because she will just give you back to me but she is very nice Gracie so you don’t need to cry” he lowered his head and gently pressed a kiss against the little girls cheek before Abi lifted her out of his arms

“Hello precious” Abi cooed as she cradled the little girl against her chest

“That’s not her name Abi that’s just what she is” Beau exclaimed

“Silly me” Abi giggled “Hello Grace, aren’t you beautiful hey. Look babe”

She turned around so Geoff could get a better look and he too began to whisper to the little girl

“So, have you spoken to the newly weds yet?” Irene asked as she sat herself down into one of the chairs next to Belle’s bed.

“We sent them a text” Aden replied “But I guess they are kinda busy as they haven’t replied yet” he chuckled just as the door opened

“Speak of the devils” Belle grinned as Roman poked his head into the room “Shouldn’t you two be…..busy” she asked as Leah followed Roman into the room

“Well we were up anyway” Roman grinned “So we thought we might as well come and say hi to our new grandbaby before we headed off to the airport”

Leah gasped as Abi turned around and she spotted the pink clad baby in her arms

“Awwww it’s a girl!”

“Congrats guys” Roman came over to the bed to kiss Belle and give Aden a hug before lifting Beau from the bed “How does it feel being a big brother little soldier?”

“It’s very good granddad, Gracie loves me lots”

“Gracie huh? Is that your name pretty girl” Roman walked over to where Abi was handing Grace into Leah’s arms

“Yeah…” Aden replied looking to Belle for confirmation before he continued. She nodded her head with a smile so he carried on “…we were thinking Grace Nicole if that’s ok with you?”

“Wow” Roman glanced over to them, tears springing to his eyes “It’s more than ok with me, I….she’d really love that”

After an hour Roman and Leah reluctantly said their goodbyes as they had a plane to catch

“What I wouldn’t give for a fortnight in Hawaii” Abi sighed as they closed the door behind them

“maybe Geoff will take you there on your honeymoon” Belle grinned as Geoff began to choke on the mouthful of water he had just taken

“You have to get married to have a honeymoon” Beau said “Uncle Geoff are you going to get married to aunt Abi?”

“Well….er…..well….” Geoff stuttered as Abi wrapped an arm around his shoulder

“Don’t worry babe, I’m not expecting you to pop the question anytime soon! Beau uncle Geoff and I wont be getting married just yet, we are too busy looking after Cracker for that!”

“Can Cracker come and see Gracie” Beau asked “I think he’d like her”

“Not just yet sweetie” Abi answered “Puppies and babies aren’t really the best mix, maybe when Grace is a little bit bigger”

“Or cracker is a little less crazy!” Geoff added causing Beau to giggle and Irene to tut and roll her eyes

“Yeah, we don’t want your things getting all chewed up do we girly” Irene cooed to the baby in her arms “Not like nana’s shoes! That naughty little puppy!”

“Oh, you love him really Irene” Aden grinned “You know you’re gonna miss having him around the place when Abi takes him home

“Are we talking about Geoff or the puppy?” Irene joked

“Well I was talking about cracker but…..”

“Are you guys moving in together?!” Belle exclaimed interrupting Aden

“Well we’ve been talking about it” Abi replied with a grin “I wanna move to the bay and….yeah, we’re gonna see if we can find a place”

“Oh my god that’s so exciting!” Belle squealed causing Grace to jump in Irene’s arms and begin to cry “oh baby, I’m sorry!”

“Shhh sweetheart” Irene soothed “time to go back to mommy eh” she stood up from her seat and gently lowered the crying baby into Belle’s arms

“It’s alright Grace, mommy’s here now sweetie shhhhh” she peppered the little girls face with kisses as her cries subsided

“She ok?” Aden asked running his fingers tenderly over his daughters head

“Yeah I think so” Belle replied when Grace fell silent once again “You’re a good girl aren’t you hey?”

“She is” Aden agreed dropping a kiss onto her forehead

“We should leave you guys to it, let you get some rest darl, you must be beat!” Irene said reaching over to rub Belle’s arm

“if I thought about it I probably would be” Belle laughed

“Well you make sure you take it easy. Come on you two” she gestured to Abi and Geoff who stood up and walked closer to the bed to say their goodbyes

“Awww I don’t wanna leave!” Abi sighed as she took hold of Beau and cuddled him “trust your mommy to have a baby on the day when all the shops are shut so I can’t even go shopping!”

Aden chuckled “How inconvenient eh! Next time you’ll have to wait until everything is open sweetheart!”

“Next time!” Belle exclaimed “I don’t think so!”

Abi laughed as she let go on her hold of Beau and reached over to hug Belle “Why bother again, you already have the two most gorgeous children in the world!”

“Thanks Abs” belle grinned

“Well it’s true!” Abi lowered her head and kissed Grace “Right, I’m gonna go now otherwise you’ll never get me outta here!”

“Ok, you’ll come round to the house later yeah?” Belle asked

“Try stopping me!” Abi giggled

“You should try and get some sleep babe” Aden said to Belle once the four of them were alone once again

“So should you” she grinned

“Well if I’m asleep and you’re asleep who’s gonna be looking after this little one” he asked her with a wink as he tickled Grace under her chin

“I can look after Gracie daddy” Beau volunteered as he clambered up onto the bed

“And who would look after you squirt?” Aden chuckled as he pulled Beau onto his lap

“I don’t need looking after daddy, I’m a big brother now”

“You might be a big brother baby but daddy and I will always want to look after you!” Belle told him lifting the arm that wasn’t cradling Grace to run her hand tenderly down his cheek “I think I’m far too excited and happy to go to sleep anyway”

“same here” Aden agreed as he tightened his hold on Beau pressing a kiss to the back of his head “I love you guys so so much you know that right?”

“Yeah we know don’t we baby? Belle asked Beau

“I know daddy and mommy knows but Gracie is very new so we will have to tell her lots and lots so she knows too”

“I think I can manage that” Aden grinned leaning down to drop a kiss on his daughters soft cheek “Daddy loves you angel”

“That’s right daddy” Beau nodded his approval “I’ll keep minding her too so it doesn’t fall out of her head like when mommy forgets to buy my cheerio’s at the supermarket even though I told her lots of times we had runned out!”

“That’s very good of you squirt” Aden beamed “And you know what? I reckon now Gracie is here mommy might not forget things as much!”

“I hope not!” Belle giggled

“Did you make things fall out of mommy’s head Gracie?” Beau looked down at the baby in Belle’s arms with a slight frown on his face “You made mommy sniffly too!” he stared at her intently for a few moments Aden and Belle remaining quiet too, intrigued to see what Beau was going to do next “I’ve had a think…” he finally said “…and I’ve cided that because you are very small I wont be very cross at you for making mommy be sniffly and forget my cheerio’s but you have to promise not to do it any more!”

Aden looked at Belle with a huge smile before answering his son “I think that means she promises son” he said as Grace waved an arm in the air.

Beau gently caught hold of it “That’s a deal Gracie” he smiled as he gently shook her hand up and down “we shooked on it”

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry about the wait for this chap, was inspirationless for a while!! Not too sure about this one as a result but hopefuly normal service will resume!!

Chapter 40

By lunchtime Rachel gave Belle and Grace the all clear to leave the hospital and after a slow drive home Aden pulled the car onto the drive

“…and this is our house where we live Gracie” Beau had kept up a constant stream of commentary on the journey pointing out landmarks to his baby sister who was tucked up safely in her car seat which was fastened securely into the front seat.

“it didn’t used to be our house, granddad Roman used to live here but now he lives with Leah and uncle VJ. You don’t know VJ yet Gracie, he’s very nice but he might just want to play with me ‘cause I’m a boy like him”

“Oh I’m sure he’ll want to play with you too baby girl” Belle replied with a grin as she leant over from her seat in the back to unfasten the car seat “Babe can you lift her out?” she asked Aden

“I can indeed” he smiled as he climbed out of the car “Lets get you out first squirt” he opened Beau’s door and helped him to jump down from his seat then quickly walked around to the other side of the car opening Belle’s door and offering his hand to help her out

“Such a gentleman” she giggled as he pecked a kiss onto her lips once she was fully stood up

“Always” he grinned “Now for my little lady” he opened the passenger side door and with Belle and Beau watching on adjusted the handle of the seat so he could lift it out of the car “Here we are gorgeous home sweet home”

“Hurry up daddy, I want to show Gracie my bike and my power rangers and my racing car bed and my lightening McQueen and my…..”

“I get the picture squirt” Aden chuckled “And your things aren’t going anywhere, you have plenty of time to show Gracie them later”

“Lets get inside eh” Belle said as she took hold of Beau’s hand and led him towards the front door, Aden following closely behind. “We’ve got lots to do haven’t we, none of Grace’s things are ready yet!”

As soon as she pushed the door open Belle was met with a chorus of greetings causing her to gasp in surprise

“Where is she? Where is she?” Matilda was the loudest and the first of the group to reach Belle, throwing her arms around her in a hug “congratulations! Now where is she?”

“She’s right here” Aden chuckled “let us get in and you can say hello properly”

“Sorry” Mattie giggled moving back away from the door to let them enter properly. “Wow” Beau exclaimed “Everybody is here!”

“Pretty much” Belle grinned glancing around the room. Ric was there with Matilda along with Irene, Annie, Meg, Jai, Geoff and Abi.

Aden gently placed Grace’s car seat onto the coffee table and Beau quickly stepped in front of it.

“This is everybody Gracie. You already know nana and Abi and Geoff. This is Meg, she’s my bestest friend!” as he spoke he looked up to Meg and gestured to her to come over. The little girl timidly made her way to stand next to him “Say hello to Gracie Meg” he ordered as she peered into the car seat

“hello” she whispered as she lifted one of Grace’s tiny hands “she’s very small auntie Belle” she added lifting her eyes to meet Belle’s

“She is isn’t she” Belle replied with a grin “5 pounds 3 ounces small actually” she aimed the comment about Graces weight to Matilda knowing that she would ask the question sooner or later

“Awwww that’s teeny!” Matilda squealed resting her hands onto Megs shoulders so she could get a look at the baby girl “It’s nearly twice what Beth weighed!”

“I still can’t get over the fact that you had a nine pound baby” Belle giggled

“Nor can I!” matilda agreed

“Where is she anyway?” Belle asked as she scanned the room noticing the little girl was missing

“She’s with Tony” Matilda explained “Now are you gonna come for a cuddle with your aunt Mattie?” she asked in a baby voice as she leant over Meg and began to unfasten the straps that were keeping Grace safe in her seat

“Well it had better be a quick one” Annie insisted as she came and joined the crowd around the table “I want a turn! She’s absolutely gorgeous guys”

“Thanks” Belle replied as she grinned over at Aden “I guess we are gonna be surplus to requirements for a bit”

“looks like it” he replied as he watched Matilda lift Grace into her arms “So you should make the most of it and sit down with your feet up!” he reached out a hand and grabbed hold of hers pulling her towards the couch and pushing her gently into sitting down “I’ll go and put the kettle on” he added

“You’ll do no such thing!” Irene exclaimed “You sit yourself down” she insisted as she pulled Jai into the kitchen with her to help make drinks

“Can’t argue with that mate!” Ric chuckled as Aden sat down on the couch next to Belle

“Wouldn’t dream of it” he replied as he wound an arm around her shoulder pulling her close to his side “happy?” he whispered into her ear

“Totally” she replied turning her head to press a quick kiss to his lips as Beau clambered up onto his lap

“You alright squirt?” Aden asked as Beau leant against him

“I’m just a bit tired daddy, it’s very hard work being a big brother”

“you are doing a great job mate” Aden told him with a grin as he pressed a kiss onto his head

“Aren’t you gonna go play with Meg baby?” Belle asked

Beau looked over to where Meg was sitting next to Matilda and Annie as the former cradled Grace in her arms

“I think Meg is busy with Gracie” he sighed “can I stay and snuggle with you and daddy instead”

“oh baby! Of course you can” Belle exclaimed leaning forward to pepper his face with kisses causing his lips to kick up into a smile “I love you so much sweetheart”

“I love you too mommy” Beau replied

“How about…..” Aden gently slid Beau off his lap and onto Belle’s before standing up “…how about I go and ask nana to whip you up one of her special milkshakes?”

“That would be nice, thank you daddy”

“My pleasure squirt” he replied as he made his way into the kitchen

“Any chance of a choc shake for your favourite grandson Irene?” Aden asked as he joined her and jai in the kitchen

“Of course, as long as you have ice cream?” she replied

“Erm” Aden walked over to the freezer and after rooting around inside it for a few moments pulled out a tub and handed it over to Irene “Here you go”

“Thanks darl” Irene said as she took the carton from his hands and busied herself preparing the milkshake whilst Aden took his phone from his pocket and wrote out a message

“Hey Jai, this is still Veej’s number right?” He turned his phone around and held it up so Jai could see the number displayed on the screen

“Yeah, I think so” Jai replied

“You checking up on him?” Irene asked “Not even VJ could get into trouble this soon! Leah and Roman have only been gone a few hours!”

“Nah” Aden chuckled “Just texting to see if he’d pop round for a bit”

“No offence love, she’s gorgeous and everything, but I don’t think VJ will be too interested in your little angel”

“That’s kind of the point! I think Beau is feeling a bit…….well he’s used to being the centre of attention when you guys are all around and today he’s not! I think he’s feeling it a bit”

“Oh the poor little mite! Is he upset?”

“No no, he hasn’t said anything either he’s just a bit cuddly and that’s a sure sign that he’s feeling off and that’s all I can put it down to. Anyway, I’m thinking that if Veej’ll come over he wont be interested in Grace and might take Beau to play.”

“Good Idea” Irene replied “Now, I think an extra scoop of ice cream in here don’t you?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay Veej?” Belle asked

It was just after eight o clock and VJ was the last of the visitors to leave

“Go on uncle VJ, you can sleep in my lightening McQueen bed” Beau added

“Thanks for the offer mate” VJ grinned down at the little boy “but Miles is expecting me. Thanks anyway Belle”

“No problem” she replied

“Yeah” Aden added “you’re welcome here anytime, although you might want to wait until this little angel is sleeping through the night!” he lifted his arms slightly so VJ could get a better look at the little girl who was snuggled into them. As he had predicted the teenager had barely given their new daughter a second glance and had instead spent the afternoon playing with Beau on his games consol much to the little boys delight.

“Will you come tomorrow?” Beau asked his big blue eyes pleading

“I’ll try” VJ chuckled

Beau nodded as he held out his hand “lets make a deal on it”

VJ laughed along with Belle and Aden as he held out his hand and clasped hold of Beau’s shaking it firmly making the little boy giggle.

“That’s shooked enough uncle VJ!”

“Ok, I’ll see you all tomorrow then”

“Here babe, you take Gracie and I’ll show Veej out” Aden said placing Grace gently into Belle’s arms

“Come here then beautiful” Belle whispered to the little girl “Say bye bye to uncle VJ” she lifted Grace’s tiny arm and waved it up and down as she watched Aden and Beau show VJ to the door

“Alone at last!” Aden exclaimed as he flopped back down onto the couch once VJ had left

“It’s been quite a day eh!” Belle smiled as she moved closer to him “Come up here baby boy” she called to Beau who happily followed her instructions and climbed up onto Aden’s lap “How perfect is this?” she grinned once he was snuggled up against Aden’s chest and Aden had wrapped an arm around her shoulders

“Very!” Aden’s grin mirrored hers as he leant forward and placed a kiss on her lips

“Oh no Gracie, mommy and daddy are being mushy!” Beau giggled as he carefully placed his hand over his sisters eyes “Don’t look!”

“You are so cheeky” Belle laughed as she and Aden pulled apart “and very tired by the looks of it” she added as she watched him try to stifle a yawn

“How about we get you up to bed squirt?” Aden suggested

“Is Gracie going to bed too?” Beau asked

Aden looked to Belle who in turn looked down at her daughter

“Is it too early for us to go to bed babe?” she asked him as she raised her eyes back to his

“Well we were up all night and yesterday was pretty full on! I could definitely do with an early night so I can’t imagine how you must be feeling!”

“I am pretty done in” she admitted

“Bed it is then!” he said “come on squirt” he stood up with Beau in his arms before holding out a hand for Belle.

“You all comfy squirt” Aden asked as he pulled the cover over Beau who was lying curled up on his side with Nic nac held firmly in his arms

“Yes thank you daddy”

“Good” he grinned leaning forward and placing a kiss on Beau’s forehead “You know I was really proud of you today buddy, mommy was too”

“What did I do?” Beau asked a look of confusion passing over his face

“You were really great with your little sister” Aden answered simply

“That’s because I’m her big brother and it’s my job to look after her”

“Well, you are doing a great job and we all love you very very much, especially Gracie”

“I love her lots, and you and mommy”

“We know that Beau” he grinned “Come here” Beau sat up and clambered into Aden’s arms for a cuddle “Right, time for sleep!” he lowered him back onto the bed pulling up the cover once again “Sleep tight squirt, don’t let the bed bugs bite, and if they do…..”

“bite them back” Beau laughed “Goodnight daddy”

“Night son” Aden replied as he stood up from the bed and made his way to the door “See you in the morning” he pulled the door behind him leaving a gap of a few inches as Beau insisted before making his way to his and Belle’s room.

“How’re my girls doing?” he asked as he entered the room

“We are doing very well aren’t we sweetheart?” Belle was busy getting changed as Grace lay quite content on their bed. Before they had arrived home that day Abi and Geoff along with Irene had set up the crib next to their bed and made sure everything they would need was ready for Grace’s arrival at home.

“Are you ready to go in your crib for the first time baby girl?” Aden spoke quietly to his daughter as he lay down next to her on the bed gently running the back of his fingers down her cheek. She turned her face towards his touch and her lips hungrily sort out something to latch onto “There’s nothing for you in there sweetheart” he chuckled as she snuffled against the knuckle of his little finger that he had placed next to her mouth “I think mommy needs to feed you before bed doesn’t she hey?”

“Are you hungry again Grace?” Belle asked as she climbed onto the bed

As if in answer the little girls face screwed up and a small wail emitted from her tiny frame

“I’d say that’s a yes” Aden said as Belle lifted her into her arms and he slid off the bed and began to pull off his clothes. Once he was down to his boxers he rejoined Belle and spent a few quiet minutes watching her feeding their daughter with a look of pure joy etched onto his face

“What?” Belle asked looking up and noticing the grin he wore

“I just…..I’m so happy Belle! Seeing you feeding our baby is the most amazing thing! I can’t explain how it makes me feel, I don’t have the words!”

“You don’t need to babe, I know exactly how you feel” Looking down she saw that Grace had drifted off to sleep so she carefully rearranged her hold on her and pulled up her top. “ I…..” she was interrupted by the sound of footsteps pattering down the hall way. A few moments later Beau poked his head around their door

“I think I need to sleep in here” he proclaimed as he crossed the threshold and made his way over to their bed

“Why’s that baby?” Belle asked

“Because……because….I had a scary bad dream” he answered

“Really?” Belle exclaimed a hint of amusement evident in her voice

“Really mommy!” Beau replied as he climbed onto the end of the bed “it was about…erm….scary aliens that eated boys and girls. I tried to go back to sleep in my lightening Mcqueen bed like a big brave boy but the aliens camed back”

“Oh no!” Belle was finding it difficult not to laugh

“So what you are saying squirt is that in….” Aden glanced at the clock on the night stand “…less than ten minutes you fell asleep, had a bad dream that woke you up and then you fell back to sleep and the dream came back?”

Beau nodded his head “that’s zackly right daddy!”

“Wow, what do you think babe?” he looked to Belle

“I think you’d be much better sleeping in here with us then sweetie” Belle answered “As long as you wont mind if your sister wakes you up!”

“I don’t mind!” Beau grinned as he wriggled his way up the bed between his parents “You wont wake me up will you Gracie because nana Irene says I sleep like a tree!”

“Like a log!” Aden corrected him with a laugh as he moved over slightly so Beau could rest his head on his pillow. He shuffled down in the bed himself and lying on his side rested his head next to his sons.

Belle inched away from them slightly and placed Grace into the small gap she had made before copying Aden’s actions and lying down herself.

After a few goodnights they lay in silence and within minutes Beau was asleep

“You know when we were sitting on the couch just…” Belle began “ …and we agreed how perfect it was”

“Uh huh” Aden nodded with a smile realising where she was going with this

“This is even better than that” she smoothed a hand over Grace’s chest and then Beau’s before reaching over to take hold of Aden’s hand

“It doesn’t get much better than this babe” he grinned as he entwined his fingers with hers.

Archived