Video Making Help Thread

Guest -Karen-

Following a suggestion for suzanneglnz, we have decided to create a video making help thread where you can help others make videos and assist with any problems people may be having.

Feel free to post questions, hints and tips, as well as full tutorials if you so wish. It would probably be a good idea to always make it clear which software package you are using and the version so people don't get confused.

Happy posting!.... And video making! :P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the best piece of software to make videos would be Sony Vegas. You can download the trial version on the Sony website. It's the most professional video editing tool that a casual user can actually handle. It has the best ( in my opinion ) variety of options to choose from and gives you a lot of presets so you don't have to figure out a lot of settings before you even start editing your video. The editing is kinda easy to learn because there are previews of what adding an effect will do to your video. If you know what a certain effect does, you can add it directly to the video, and you have a lot of options to tweak that ONE effect so it will look really original and not something that has been used a 100 times already. There are even some border options so you don't have to waste time in Photoshop ( or any other photo editing software ) to make borders for your movie.

When you have finished the video, then there are a lot of different codecs to render your video in. But those codecs don't really come with the Vegas I think.

I don't know if this even helped anyone, but I wanted to let you know about Vegas. Maybe if I have some time, I will do some tutorials or smth like that!

At the moment, I'm using Windows Media Maker because I don't know if I want to buy/download other software for video making.So other suggestions for video editing software would be fantastic. :) ( I want something that I can use different codecs with and is easy to use because I have some stuff on DVD I really really need to edit).

My biggest problem with making videos has to be deciding what music to use.

Yes I used to use Nero as well, its a good way to start out if you want to move up from WMP or WMM and dont want to go straight to Sony Vegas or any other software maker like that which take some time to figure out.

I now use Sony Vegas Platinum Pro which is exactly the same as Sony Vegas, I bought mine and it is much cheaper to buy than the Sony Vegas software :)

Some video's I made in nero are these

Belle and Ade ~ What hurts the most

Belle and Ade ~ Believe Again

and Belle and Aden ~ You set me free

so if you dont want to use WMP or WMM and dont want to go to Sony Vegas jsut yet then I recommend NeroVision

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Great News, I followed the instrucions on this tutorial, and got a free full licensed version of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0, I previously used WMM, but once you try vegas you'll never go back, as you don't realise how basic Movie Maker is until you try it out.

Anyways here's the link ad enjoys guys, its great :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7TYp1KwdWE

there are also various tutorials on utube showing you how to use loads of diffrent effects etc in it :) hope this helps guys ...

x x x

Hey Guys,

Great News, I followed the instrucions on this tutorial, and got a free full licensed version of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0, I previously used WMM, but once you try vegas you'll never go back, as you don't realise how basic Movie Maker is until you try it out.

Anyways here's the link ad enjoys guys, its great :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7TYp1KwdWE

there are also various tutorials on utube showing you how to use loads of diffrent effects etc in it :) hope this helps guys ...

x x x

I downloaded Vegs Pro 9.0 and I am really baffled !! I don't have a single clue how to work it :(

Archived