Geoff/Claudia

Is there anyone out there who actually LIKE this pairing??

Unbelievable, rushed and (hopefully) fleeting is how I would describe them at best.

I don't actually think Claudia is being sinister and trying to dupe Geoff into taking responsibility for a baby that is not his. But I would question how she can know with total certaininty that it isn't Lachies.

Also, if there is going to be a paternity issue arising, then we'll have to wait at least until the baby is born before its resolved. Yawn. <_<

As for Geoff, the fact that he didn't propose immediately (as he did to Nicole) speaks volumes. He's obviously not as invested in this as he makes out, or his Christian values which he prided himself on have really bitten the dust!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me if his Christian Values have taken a bit of a back seat - nobody can ever live a perfect life and the way they had him constantly judging people broke up the relationship I liked most (Geoff & Nicole).

There hasn't been a sniff of a paternity issue so far so that might just be something that was created by fans as a possible get-out clause for Geoff

(More than likely came from G&N shippers so we had a way to get them back together)

I don't like the relationship, I feel its been rushed and it wouldn't surprise me if his feelings for Nicole and her feelings for Lachie (both somewhat unresolved) come up somewhere..

I actually really like them together, I think they balance each other really well. I do agree that they have been rushed so am hoping that can slow them down a bit now and give them some simple dating stuff and flesh out Claudia by interacting with more people.

I really, really like them.I really don't understand why they're hated, unless it's by people who want Geoff with Nicole or by people who hate Geoff anyway.I think there's a really good chemistry and I think they're actually rather sweet together.Rushed?Not convinced.It did seem to me to progress naturally.There was a spark between them when we first saw them together and it was about a week later that they kissed.I actually buy them sleeping together soon afterwards because I can accept Geoff wanting to do things differently than with Nicole:I think that's probably why there's no proposal, not because he's not got the same feelings for her that he did for Nicole because he realises that a relationship that idealised isn't going to exist.Having her fall pregnant the first time they slept together is a bit of a stretch but hey, it happens.I'm hoping that they settle down and are happy together because there aren't many couples I like on the show at the moment and I'd like to see more of them.

I don't really care for this relationship. But I must say, while I'm not sure I entirely agree with him giving her an ultimatum, I'm actually glad that he let her know where he stands. Laying it all out there and letting her know how he feels about her having an abortion. It's a step up from the way he usually stands in the background doing nothing and preferring to not deal with anything head on unless he's forced to.

As for the relationship being rushed it's really no different then his relationship with Nicole, to me atleast. He had a crush on her for all of one week and then one kiss and they are having sex. Like it's the normal thing for him to do. I don't buy the reason for it is because they thought they were going to die, neither of seem to be thinking of that when it happened. Followed by a pregnancy scare. Only difference here is that Claudia actually got pregnant.

I don't think for a second that they will go through with having Claudia have the baby and have Geoff be the father. Bringing in Lachie seems to make that very obvious. And if Geoff really is the father then I'm sure she'll loose the baby in one way or the other. It seems like the predictable stuff they usually pull with these kind of storylines and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't happen here as well.

Edited by Jody

As for the relationship being rushed it's really no different then his relationship with Nicole, to me atleast. He had a crush on her for all of one week and then one kiss and they are having sex. Like it's the normal thing for him to do. I don't buy the reason for it is because they thought they were going to die, neither of seem to be thinking of that when it happened. Followed by a pregnancy scare. Only difference here is that Claudia actually got pregnant.

I don't think for a second that they will go through with having Claudia have the baby and have Geoff be the father. Bringing in Lachie seems to make that very obvious. And if Geoff really is the father then I'm sure she'll loose the baby in one way or the other. It seems like the predictable stuff they usually pull with these kind of storylines and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't happen here as well.

I'm worried that you're right and I really, really don't want you to be.I think making Geoff and Claudia parents would be very interesting characterwise for both of them and having her lose the baby or having it turn out to be Lachie's would just render the whole storyline meaningless.Given the show's casual attitude towards guest characters, I'm hoping that Lachie really is a character that they just brought in for two episodes to cause a bit of trouble and then disappeared never to be mentioned again.

I agree about it being the same as with Nicole as well.In fact, I find him sleeping with Claudia a lot more believable.With Nicole it just happened and the way it was played was completely wrong.When he slept with Claudia, to me at least, he did still seem like Geoff in that scene.

I really don't like Claudia but i want the baby to.As mean as it sounds i want her to die in childbirth.It happens and it'll mean she leaves and we also escape the predictability of it being Lachie's and she leaves or she has a miscarriage.

Edited by ~Lynd~

I don't like them together. They don't have any chemistry. They should not be together. I don't think Claudia should do abortion as I'm really against it, but I don't want them to have a child together. They're not ready. I think they're not together for a long time, they soon brake up or something, I guess.