Glee

Jayde

At the risk of spamming this thread - Full scene of [sONG SPOILER]

Bills, Bills, Bills

is all kinds of epic.

1. Blaine Anderson is the HBIC of the Warblers, and as such gets a grand entrance. I hope they keep that for Regionals to be all 'Oh yeah, New Directions, we have awesome entrances too.'

2. He jumps on the back of the lounge, and Kurt is all :D at Blaine. I have never loved the word audacity more than right now.

3. Kurt attempting to be gangsta is amazing, and Blaine does not care that you are playing a game of chess. Warblers are fierce and do Destiny's Child. So there.

4. Haven't I felt another - Blaine all up in Kurt's face, and all the boys are around, like no big deal.

5. They have synchronised spins, and backflipping boys in uniforms. What were you saying Mr Schue? Warblers can't dance? You are incorrect. I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe Blaine sees the ND kids do 'Thriller' and all of a sudden is like, oh noes, we need to move if we are going to beat them at Regionals. I'm sure Kurt is all rolling his eyes, because Blaine is slightly delusional, and hasn't even seen VA yet.

6. I am very pleased to see that there is less gel in Blaine's hair. There are already theories that this is Kurt's influence. Or maybe Glee hair and makeup people are just sick and tired of trying to tame Darren's curls. Either way, I approve of more volume in Blaine's hair.

7. Turns and spins still happen in slow-mo and this makes me very happy. Dalton/Slow motion = OTP.

8. They are all such bros with each other, and Kurt still looks a little on the outer, but Blaine is all smiley and Kurt is beginning to join in.

Secondly, Darren on Ellen was equal parts charming and adorable and articulate and nerdy. He played her a song about wanting a Finding Nemo 2. How could you not love someone like that? I challenge you to find a reason.

February 2011 may just be the greatest month on record.

There is also a preview up of

Need You Now.I haven't actually seen it but i've seen gif's and all the haters can kiss my Puckleberry loving butt.That smile!He's so in love with her he just doesn't realise it yet.

I'm waiting for all of the rest.I've not even seen gif's of them.

^ Yeah, I really like

Need You Now

as well. It is very sweet.

But. BUT. WHAT?! Now a video for

When I Get You Alone.

Blaine what are you doing singing to some random dude?! Kurt is in love with you, can't you see that! That song is equal parts hot and ridiculous. I feel so much second-hand embarrassment for the GapGuy. He was totally calling security during that entire number. Warblers on furniture and moving mannikins. Oh, and Pink Sunglasses are now cannon, which makes me ridiculously happy. But, I really want Blaine to be shot down. Either this guy is gay and like, 'Uh, no way. You are way too embarrassing,' or so straight (ala Kurt's crush on Finn in the first season). This is possibly the "fall of the king" Darren and Ryan have been eluding too. But, Kurt I just want to hug. And even though he was only in the song for a few split seconds, he stole the scene. His faces are so priceless. Particularly at the 'keep your toys in the drawers tonight'. I can't believe they kept that line in.

I am clearly way too invested in this.

There is also a preview up of

Need You Now.I haven't actually seen it but i've seen gif's and all the haters can kiss my Puckleberry loving butt.That smile!He's so in love with her he just doesn't realise it yet.

I'm waiting for all of the rest.I've not even seen gif's of them.

Best thing on Glee ever. I'm not even kidding. Tomorrow can't come quick enough. I don't care if she's looking at Finn or whatever she's doing - Puck and Rachel will actually sing together.

:wub:

Sarah, I think the story is it will start whenever the Superbowl is over with. Normally they screen about 1 or 2pm NZ time, though.

A Very Glee Christmas was on Aussie TV last night, and while it was cute and everything, I just really want to see the Superbowl Episode like crazy. I've seen a total of one scene, and I'm trying to remain spoiler free, but it's so incredible hard. Even though it's 2 months too late to be showing a Christmas episode, BICO still was as adorable as ever, and definitely the highlight of the episode. Kurt/Blaine + Platonic friendship = You're doing it wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Fair warning. This was 4 pages hand written as I was watching the episode.

Blaine Blame It On The Alcohol

“Blaine likes Kurt but he wants to stay friends.” WHAT. YES. OKAY. Carry over from SLS. At least we know that for sure.

Ke-dollar sign-Ha. Best ever. Figgins you are quite oblivious. I don’t know why Figgins is roping in the Glee Club to perform. Is he forgetting what happened the last 2 times they got up in front of the whole school at an assembly?

Sue pushed the Aural Intensity coach down the stairs. How original. But I had to laugh that he got up after the first flight.

Puckerman, you are wonderful. Hot Little American Jewish Princess. I like that Rachel is focussing on Reigonals and not Finn. I like her much better like this.

OH MY. The Headband Song. No words. If Finn thinks your song sucks, then it definitely sucks.

Santanny and Artcedes. Someone has been trolling the internet for couple names. Although I prefer Brittana.

Kurt and Blaine going to Rachel’s party. Kurt and Blaine looking fabulous out of their uniform. Finn, what have you been browsing, huh? Second, why did Kurt have to blackmail you into letting him come to Rachel’s party. Surely, if SLS was any indication, Kurt and Rachel are friends. Or so I thought. Rachel should have invited him anyway. I’m smiling at the fact that Blaine had to point out that he wasn’t wearing his uniform. I almost expected Kurt to chime in saying he helped Blaine picked out his outfit. But why does Rachel look like she’s wearing a nighty? She looks like a housewife.

Like a DCriss G6. Awesome song choice. Santana/Brittany (Welcome to Hogwarts) Body shot. Puck wearing Lauren’s glasses. “It tastes like piiink!” Burt’s amazing dancing. Blaine is wasted and his hair is free and bouncy. I approve. And the Blaine/Finn interaction is so wonderful. “Brothers.”/”You’re so tall.” Everytime I watch this party scene I see more hilarious shenangians going on. It is so cracky. It’s wonderful.

SPIN THE BOTTLE. This was never going to end well. Brittany/Sam with jealous!Santana. But who is she really jealous of? Hmmm. Blaine/Rachel with jealous!Kurt. I saw this in the promo and it was every bit as glorious as I imagined. I can’t help but think that this entire episode was orchestrated so we could see Darren Criss kiss a girl. And I am unashamedly okay with that. “Your face tastes awesome.” I bet it does. But Kurt is throwing daggers at the both of you with his eyes.

DON’T YOU WANT ME. Amazing. Drunken singing and dancing. Blaine’s hair is breaking free/can’t be tamed etc. I could watch/listen to these 2 sing forever. Except there was supposed to be a part where Blaine fell back off the stage and landed on the floor. It was in the promo. I’m so sad we lost that part.

BURT. YES. BLAINE IN KURT’S BED. EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

“I brought some bloody Mary’s y’all.” Oh Artie, you are dope. Drunken in a wheelchair, his steering is a bit off. Awesome. BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL performance. I really liked it. The red lighting and semi-circular couches. Very cool despite them all being drunk during it.

I really like the Will/Beiste friendship. Whereas Emma/Terri bring out the worst in him, Beiste brings out his good side.

Rachel has a bedazzled phone. Of course she does.

Can we appreciate that Blaine is wearing the red vest and Kurt is wearing a Dalton sweater as opposed to the blazer. Very fine indeed. Up to the sitting down/Blaine agreeing to go on a date with Rachel, everything is great. They are friendly and giggly and Kurt isn’t too hurt by the drunken kissing that went on. I just want to get a big thumbs up to the writing of the Blaine/Kurt friendship before sh*t hits the fan. I DON’T KNOW HOW I FEEL. I can almost see both sides. Kurt is hurt because he looks up to Blaine and all his confidence in being gay, and suddenly he’s gone ‘PSYCH I might be bi!’That’s got to be a blow to Kurt. Once again, Blaine being bi means that the odds of Blaine picking Kurt as a boyfriend diminishes. But Blaine is allowed to be unsure and confused and experimenting because like he said, he has never had a boyfriend. It’s like the Kurt/Brittany short-lived relationship. What I don’t agree with is Kurt being down on Blaine dating Rachel is the same as Karofsky bullying Kurt. So not the same. So yeah. Kurt can be pissed for that comparison. I think this fight is so good for Kurt/Blaine relationship. They are spending more time together and finding out things about each others characters. The fact that Blaine is oblivious to Kurt’s feelings (as addressed in SLS) and Kurt being sassy and fighting back (which we haven’t seen since NBK). Kurt is also realising that while he may look up to Blaine and confide in him, Blaine is not perfect. He should not be placed up on a pedestal. Kurt and Blaine have gone head first into crushes without knowing much about the other person (see Sam and Jeremiah), so this is good for them in the long term. If they can restore themselves to some sort of awesome friendship after this, then they will be better off. A relationship of more equals, rather than Kurt always wanting to impress Blaine. Kurt should be a partner, and he is definitely able to give ass goof as he gets. But I do feel for Kurt. He can’t seem to be able to get a break.

Will/Beiste duet was funny. Very sweet and I appreciate what Bieste is doing for Will. I don’t think they should ever be a couple, but I like their friendship. Cut to Rachel/Kurt friendship which I like just as much, if not more, but now Rachel has decided to pursue Blaine even though she knows how Kurt feels about him. Not cool, Rach. See, I think that’s what I’m more upset about. Not that Blaine is having a sexuality freakout, but that Rachel knows that Kurt likes Blaine and is still going after him. And then Kurt gets all sassy and I feel better about things. This whole situation is basically the reverse of what happened in Season 1 with both Rachel and Kurt going after Finn. What made this scene for me was that Kurt was turning around what Rachel said to him at the time (that whole, ‘it wouldn’t matter if I was 2nd or 50th, I would still be ahead of you because I’m a girl,’ thing). Kurt is now saying the same to Rachel. I adore him for that and thank you writers for remembering.

Will grading papers drunk and drunk dialling is hilarious.

BURT/KURT FATHER-SON BONDING TIME. I adore the relationship between these 2. “I sat through that whole Brokeback Mountain, and from what I gather something went down in the tent.” Quote of the episode. “Maybe you could step outside your comfort zone and educate yourself, so if I have any questions I could go to my dad, like any straight son could.” I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Tugging on the heart strings, but also implying that Burt should read The Joys of Gay Sex. I want a “birds and the bees” talk between Burt and Kurt. We almost got that in this episode.

Spoilers indicate the full thing may happen next episode. It is titled ‘Sexy’ afterall.

Can’t wait.

“Kesha’s been a culture icon for weeks.” Oh Brittany. She looks amazing by the way. I’m glad heather gets to show off a bit. Drinking a cough syrup concoction before going on stage is not a good idea, but HeMo is fierce. Beiste singing along and Figgins dancing = Win.

EWWW. Although Brittany looked eerily like Kesha at that point.

Oh My. Sue playing Will’s message, who apparently has an alcoholic teen vomit fetish (gross).

Count Boozy Von Drunkaton. Ha, Santana.

Figgin’s, your simplemindedness and obliviousness finally pays off for the Glee Club.

Why is Sam so excited to get Schue’s cell phone number?

Kurt knows when Blaine has his post rehearsal medium drip. Wait, Rachel. Did you really just say, “who cares about you, buddy.”? I think Rachel has suffered the most in this episode. And by suffered I mean, her character has been ridden into the ground. After ‘Comeback’ I liked that Rachel was focussed and had goals and was all about the team and wasn’t boy crazy. It was awesome character development. Now, all she wants is a boyfriend, even if it means losing Kurt as a friend. That’s cruel.

Kurt still refers to Blaine as dreamy. Be still my little shipper heart.

“Yep. I’m gay.” Oh Kurt. I see you trying not to smile. And all Rachel cares about is that she can now write a song about it. Kurt (and I) has been put through the wringer with this episode and that’s how it ends! I want Kurt and Blaine to talk. Properly. I want to see Blaine appreciate Kurt. I want to trust the writers with this relationship. I really do. But after this episode I have no idea how things are going to turn out. Because after all of that fighting angst I feel like Kurt and Blaine are virtually back at square one.

*breathes*

All I keep repeating to myself is “Don’t they get together in the end?” I would have gladly given up Sue playing Sue’s voicemail to have a sort of definite resolution between Kurt and Blaine. Fanfiction will have to tied me over.

• 1 month later...

Okay. Deep breath. This is going to be a long post.

I’ve been gearing myself up to write something about what I am dubbing the The Greatest Moment in Glee History Ever, but I had to figure out what I wanted to actually say. Not just recapping the episode (2x16 incidentally, in case you haven’t seen it), but what it means. I’m probably going to fail miserably in the ‘deep and meaningful’ department, and reduce this to a pile of shameless adjectives that do not adequately describe what occurred.

I don’t even know why I’m being so weird and cagey about what I’m talking about. Everybody knows it. I’ve shipped Kurt/Blaine from the start. They are my OTP of OTPs and now they are freaking CANON!

I honestly don’t know how many times I’ve watched this episode. I saw it when it first aired in the states and then downloaded it and watched in on loop for like, days. And then it aired here, and I recorded it, and I think I’ve watched it every morning since. I currently have it open in another window as I type this because I don’t want to forget anything. Except everything that wasn’t Kurt/Blaine. That does not matter right now.

Where we left off. Kurt fails as sexy faces, which to me seemed ridiculous, because heck, Kurt is sexy. See: 4 minutes, Bad Romance, Toxic, anytime he was in that Cheerio uniform, Single Ladies ... But maybe it’s because he was trying so hard. Quote: “I’m still trying to impress Blaine.” But Blaine is such a fail as well, with his weird song choices, and foam. FOAM. Really? And were those girls not suspicious about following a bunch of teenage boys into an abandoned warehouse? But I digress.

Blaine cares so much for Kurt that he goes and talks to Burt, who is The Boss, about educating Kurt about sex. We got a glimpse into Blaine’s relationship with his own father, and a gem of an expression when Blaine discovered that Kurt had tried watching those movies. Regardless, it all led up to the wonderful and touching and so truthful conversation between Kurt and Burt. It is pretty much the greatest birds and bees talk I’ve ever seen. Words can’t describe how much I adored that scene. It was so beautifully written and I just want every parent to watch it and use it to educate their own kids. Is that weird? Probably. Do I care? Nope. Kurt/Burt scenes are always magnificent, and I adore that this was instigated by Blaine.

Blaine, who was introduced as a mentor and friend to Kurt, and who, up until recently remained very much in the ‘friends zone’. Misery, again, was a fun and lively performance, and I really like how the Warblers have progressed from just moving from side to side in formation, to throwing papers around and dancing in the hallway. Gosh, I don’t want them to go! #warblerbrosforever

And then Sassy!Kurt returns and totally tells Blaine how he feels. I like this for so many reasons. Kurt is no longer trying to impress Blaine. He has (almost) given up on anything happening with Blaine. They are friends. And that’s all they are going to be. At least, that’s what Kurt thinks. And as such he tells Blaine that he’s jealous and Blaine seems to be caught off guard. The thing with Blaine is that Kurt has become his ‘go-to’ person. Blaine values Kurt’s opinion, and he’s always asked Kurt what he thinks of the song. And Blaine really takes it to heart.

Then the Warblers council meeting, and again. All the Warblers have been wonderful additions, and what I like the most is that they each have their own characters. I can just pick a Warbler at random and watch them. Blaine wants to change things up, and then Kurt walks in, all flawless and in all black. Pavarotti! *sniff* I had written off that bird in the first episode when Kurt got him. Thinking, Kurt is so going to kill that bird off. He’ll feed it glitter, or it’ll escape, but then it sort of became the pet of the fandom. The FreePavarotti twitter account, killed me at times, it was that hilarious. He even stopped tweeting mid-tweet, which just broke my heart. But, seriously. Blackbird was beautiful. So simple and well shot. The focus being just on Blaine and his reaction and his thought process. It was almost as though you could see the cogs turning inside his mind as his eyes lost Kurt and then there was this double take and suddenly he’s completely transfixed on Kurt. To the people who say Darren can’t act -- were we watching the same show? It was like you could tell exactly what was going on without anything needing to be said. I’ve watched that scene so many times I’m fairly certain I can pinpoint the moment when it changes from Blaine-is-just-watching-his-best-friend-Kurt-and-he’s-sad-about-a-bird-to to Kurt-is-my-best-friend-and-I-think-I’m-in-love-with-him. The little smile creeping onto Blaine’s face as he realises what it means, and what Kurt has been feeling this entire time makes me smile like a big goober every time. Every. Single. Time.

Everything Blaine does from this point on is for Kurt. Yes, Blaine loves performing and adores having the spotlight -- he has the solos to prove it. But he’s willing to give it up, or at least, he wants to share that feeling, with Kurt. I just like the Warblers a whole lot here, for their reactions to Blaine wanting to duet and then that it be specifically with Kurt. Just, Riker Lynch (the blonde Warbler, Jeff, behind Blaine) you are smiling so wide your face must hurt. And Wes knows exactly what’s going on with that sly little smile. They ship Kurt/Blaine as much as I do.

This scene also shows how much Kurt has changed. And that’s not a bad thing, not at all. He’s still Kurt -- he has fierce fashion choices, and is strong, and fearless -- but he’s grown up. At the beginning he would do anything for a solo, for a chance to stand out and be in that spotlight. Now, he’s telling the Warblers that there are so many great voices. But Blaine is adamant, and he has this cheeky little grin, and then he winks. *smiling so hard right now*

I didn’t know what was going to happen going into this scene. I would have been content with a hug, and there were rumours of hand holding, and if it wasn’t for the leaked GIF of the kiss I wouldn’t have believe it would actually happen. And halfway through the episode too. Not some cliff-hanger. This was completely legit. Everything from Blaine’s song selection to Kurt asking why Blaine chose to sing the song with him to Blaine spilling his guts and feelings out to Kurt, was just perfect. I cannot stress how much I loved this scene. It’s basically a total call back to the fact that when Kurt tries too hard he can’t be sexy, and Blaine says he isn’t good at romance. Well. Everything that happened was pretty much the exact opposite. Blaine recognises that Kurt is his friend, but not only that, that he is attractive to him. Because Kurt Hummel is sexy. And Blaine telling Kurt that he moves him, and that he just wants an excuse to spend time with him. That is so romantic, Blaine Anderson.

Every relationship you’re going to have starts with a touch. This is so relevant. Holly Holliday, why are you this insightful when I can’t really stand you. Blaine held on to Kurt’s hand that first day on the stairway and through the slow-motion hallway, and now Blaine is using his own courage to tell Kurt how he feels, and it starts with him placing his hand on top of Kurt’s. And as Blaine is telling Kurt this, it’s almost like you can read Kurt like an open book. His reactions, and everything, just so incredible. Like, at first it’s just disbelief that Blaine is really saying all of this, because he has been heartbroken so many times, that it’s so unlikely that anyone would actually feel this way about him. And then Blaine is being completely genuine, and Kurt slowly lets it sink in.

Then, THE KISS. The first kiss too. The third onscreen kiss for both these characters and it was incredible. It was perfect, and wasn’t played for shock value or as a stunt. It was genuine and special and so warranted for both these characters. I adore that Blaine went for it first, and as Darren is always saying, it felt “organic”. Like, it wasn’t about the fact that it was two boys, or they were gay. It was just a kiss, as normal as any of the heterosexual relationships on the show. And the reason why I have held onto the reasoning that Klaine is endgame, is that both Kurt and Blaine got to this point by being honest and being themselves. There was no cheating or lying involved. They are just so comfortable with each other, that it was a totally natural progression.

And the kiss wasn’t just a peck. It was full on making out, and I was squeeing and crying and smiling all at the same time.

“We should -- We should practice.”/”I thought we were.” Killed me. Darren looked really young when he did that bashful head tilt, and Kurt was practically bursting out of his skin with happiness. I was so stoked for both of them. Am I too invested in a fictional relationship? Probably. Do I care? No.

And then The Second Kiss, which I almost think is better than the first, because Kurt completely goes for it, and it’s all passion and unguarded, and so much sexual tension has built up to this point, and it’s just a release. I always feel cheated though because the keyboard comes in and Mercedes is singing and I’m having trouble caring because Kurt and Blaine are totally making out on top of a bedazzled bird coffin.

Kurt is nervous and Blaine thinks he’s “adorable” and I just want them to be boyfriends forever. Just all the little looks and touches mean so much more now, because it’s reciprocated, and Kurt has never had that. It’s so wonderful. Candles was beautiful, and what made it was Puck’s reaction. He’s practically crying in the audience next to Rachel. Kurt is totally his boy. Blaine giving his spotlight to Kurt was a great gesture, and really shows that Blaine only wants to make Kurt happy. I can’t wait to see Papa Hummel’s reaction to the fact that the boy who was in his garage asking about gay sex ed, is now dating his son. I hope there is a scene there somewhere. And then Raise Your Glass was epic and I was dancing around like a maniac because Darren’s dancing and facial expressions and little moves are so hilarious. Best of all, there was a hug at the end, and Kurt and Blaine look so ridiculously happy, I can’t think of anything else.

Small notes on the Original Songs, which I guess was sort of part of this episode. Maybe. If you squint.

Trouty Mouth was probably my favourite, just because it was so inappropriate. Santana is becoming one of my favourite characters. A lot of that had to do with what happened in Sexy, but she’s always so amazing.

I like that everyone was into Big Ass Heart. Those lyrics were hilarious.

Get It Right is such a perfect song for Rachel. I got a bit dizzy watching the performance, but Lea sings it amazingly.

Loser Like Me is so damn catchy. I can’t stop listening to it. I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get a better reaction shot from Kurt. The lines Finn was singing about being pushed into lockers and I’ll get you back when I’m your boss were blatantly about Kurt, I just wanted him to recognise that. Maybe it’s saying something. That Kurt has put all that behind him, and is now a Warbler. But I adore that Kurt was the first to be on his feet cheering for the New Directions, and Rachel did the same for the Warblers. Character development -- You’re doing it right.

Warblers should have won, but I guess that was never going to happen since New Directions is the focus of the show and they were always going to go to Nationals, but like Blaine said, “[they’ve] got each other out of all of this. That beats a lousy trophy, don’t you think?” So beautiful and they hold hands, which is all I was hoping for out of this episode, and my expectations were trodden into the ground in the best way possible.

If this is too long/don’t read then in summary; Everything is Klaine and nothing hurts. Kurt is taken by Blaine. Blaine and Kurt are boyfriends.

• 1 month later...

To whoever has seen the newest episode... can you tell me who sings each song. It is the episode based on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album. I absolutely adore that album (grew up listening to it) and though I was a little upset by the lack of 'Gold Dust Woman' in Glee I want to know who sings what.

I hope Songbird isn't sang be Rachel :unsure:

Archived