Glee

Jayde

Glee triumphs at gay media awards

Ryan Murphy ® praised Glee stars Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch

US musical TV series Glee has been named best comedy series at the Glaad media awards in the US for its positive portrayal of gay characters.

Creator Ryan Murphy revealed that Kurt, played by actor Chris Colfer, would have a boyfriend in the next series and the pair would be school prom kings.

He added that the gay character "would never be a victim" in the hit show.

Director Tom Ford was unable to pick up best film for A Single Man due to flight restrictions in the UK.

While the film-maker was stranded in London, partner Richard Buckley picked up the award in Los Angeles on his behalf.

Another winner at the ceremony was actress Drew Barrymore, who was presented with an award recognising individual efforts to increase understanding of the gay community.

In her acceptance speech, she paid tribute to a long list of inspirational gay people in her life, including her doctor, stylist and one of her dogs.

Openly gay American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert performed at the event and made a plea for greater diversity in the gay community.

Ah, bless Glee... Funny, I seem to have something in my eye...

By the way Lise, I really love the quote under your avatar, its so true :)

New episode makes me ship Kurt/Finn so hard. Adorable <3. Also, subtle Brittany/Santana is always welcome.

But, I can't help but think that Glee should stick to the ridiculousness it does best rather than trying to tackle

self-esteem, body image, merging families and acceptance

all in one episode. Glee is not supposed to make me cry!

"I'm pretty sure my cat has been reading my diary." ^_^

I watched the latest episode 'Bad Reputation' and it, along with 'The Power of Madonna', is one of my favourite episodes ever. Old characters came back, new characters were bought in, twists and turns, wonderful songs - it had everything.

I have to disagree with you MeganSaturday, I felt that while 'Home' wasn't as strong as other episodes - it had a story and a strong message that suited the show quite well. I didn't like the extensive singing from Mr Scheuster and April, but besides that I thought it was a good episode. Just different.

Archived