Is there any nice people on here?

Guest ShellyWelly

I have spoken to members on here. The competition thing comes from who can make the best stuff, which like anywhere else, its the same. I've been a member and even moderator on a few sites and I have to say its one of the unfriendlyest place around. I think one of those reasons is because of lack of communication.. i'm not sure. But there are some weird rules here..... maybe I just haven't met anyone nice yet.

From my experience, there have been some absouletly amazing people on here that I get along with really well, and some - not so much. The only thing I want to say is just be careful who you give your MSN out too and stuff like that :)

I have yet to encounter anyone who has ever been anything but nice to me on this forum.

Like all forums the majority of the members are very friendly but i suppose all it takes is that 1 or 2 not so nice members or troublemakers to give the rest of us a bad name.

Stick with it and i'm sure you'll get to know all the friendly people that are around. IMO if you make an effort to get to know people and be nice to them then the majority will be nice back and if you do stumble upon the ones that aren't that nice then just ignore them and move on to the next people.

I don't think there is a lack of communication, the people on this site are some of the nicest ive met online. Sure there are friendly avatar contest and the scriptwriting contests but if by 'stuff' you mean the artwork forum, I wouldn't say that it is all about competition. It's just about showing people the stuff you enjoy making. I wouldn't say it's over competitive. If it's not about that, could you give a less vague example of what your talking about?

As for the rules, I don't see what is wierd about them. They are just there to make sure the people don't get out of hand and to keep the site neat. What do you find weird about them?

I don't think there is a lack of communication, the people on this site are some of the nicest ive met online. Sure there are friendly avatar contest and the scriptwriting contests but if by 'stuff' you mean the artwork forum, I wouldn't say that it is all about competition. It's just about showing people the stuff you enjoy making. I wouldn't say it's over competitive. If it's not about that, could you give a less vague example of what your talking about?

As for the rules, I don't see what is wierd about them. They are just there to make sure the people don't get out of hand and to keep the site neat. What do you find weird about them?

I think I kind of get one of the rules on here..

That your not aloud to have flashing pictures, images, avatars or banners.

The main reason for that is because what I think Dean explained a few years back, someone had epilepsy and there was a flashing image on the site and they had a fit because of it.

I myself am an epileptic and find that that rule is fabulous, you can still post the direct link to the site, just warn them that there is a flashing image!

When I first joined, I thought the same about you, but now, I love this place, it is so friendly, welcoming and warm and I LOVE looking at what other people have made in their artwork site :)

I know that all the people I talk to are the best I've met on an online chat forum, just give it time ShellyWelly and you will meet some amazing people!

I for one, enjoy looking at your av's and creations :)

I totally agree. When I came here, I was afraid that maybe people are kinda cruel and stuff, but they were very friendly and nice :)

So, I don't find anything weird about this forum and I don't think it's over competitive.

As far as I can see, this thread has the potential of doing more harm than anything else as it basically consists of half the forum being accused of not being nice by someone who's been a member for less than two weeks. If there's a problem with another member, report it. If there's a problem with the forum itself, our rules etc., PM a staff member. In the meantime there are plenty of other threads where you can get to know people, such as General Chat and The Newbie Thread.

Closed.

Archived