Unexpected

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Chapter 11

Wednesday 11:00 am.

“What the hell happened?” Aden yelled at Rachel. “Now Aden just calm down”

“Calm down! Calm down! How the hell am I suppose to calm down, Belle’s dead. She’s dead! Rachel’s she’s dead!” Aden yelled hysterically at the front of

reception at the hospital. A bunch of colleagues watched Aden with shocked looks of their faces. “Come this way” Rachel indicated Aden to go inside her office “No Rachel, tell me! Tell me what happened why did she die!? Why?” Aden looked at her desperately demanding answers. “It was cancer Aden, I’m sorry. There was nothing we could do, it was terminal”

“Cancer! What!” Aden snapped, touching his lip with the side of his index finger. He usually did this when he was anxious or stressed.

“She had non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma” It had been the first case of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Summer Bay. Breast Cancer was a prominent cancer in Summer Bay.

“Well aren’t you a doctor, don’t you have medicine to cure it? Why didn’t she go on chemo”

“We estimated that she has 3-4 months to live, I’m not sure what happened. I think her body just gave up, Aden. I’m sorry” Rachel used the same tone she

used day in day out.

“No you’re wrong, Belle doesn’t give up. She’s strong, determined, and beautiful. There’s no way she had cancer.” Aden said voicing his denial.

“Aden, I understand that you’re in a state of shock at the moment, you’ve lost the one you love. But I really think you should speak to someone”

“Rachel! I don’t need to speak to someone, I’m perfectly fine. It was Belle who needed the help, you didn’t give it to her and now look she’s dead Rach, gone. I’ll never see her again. Her daughter will never see her mother again. Don’t you understand that?”

“Yes I do Aden. Which is why you need to seek help” Rachel said in a professional manner.

“Well you can forget it, so there’s no need to waste your time organising a shrink for me ok? Go and save lives, that’s what you’re paid for”

“Aden!” Rachel called out as Aden stormed off.

“Hi....” Nicole skipped over to Aden who walked along the beach front ignoring “the princess” calling. “Get lost Nic”

“Look, I heard about Belle....I’m so-“ Nicole was cut off.

“Yeah you’re sorry I get it, now scram” Aden continued to walk in a fast motion. But Nicole followed not backing down.

“Aden.... “ Nicole insisted. “Look I said leave it Nic, I don’t want to talk about it”

“Well I’m here if you need me” Nicole offered her support and sympathy. “Yeah right thanks for the support, you can go back to your throne now” Aden said

sarcastically. “I’ll look after Adelle tonight!” Nicole called out to the distance; Aden had already walked five metres ahead. “I’ll take that as a yes...” Nicole

rolled her eyes, even though she had her hands full she was always happy to lend a hand.

Wednesday, 7.00pm

“Geoff I need to go out and buy some more baby food, there’s no way they’ll be enough for Adelle and Vaughn”

“Aww Nic please, Vaughn is enough to handle....two babies are you trying to send me insane”

“Look they’re both practically asleep I’ll be five minutes. Please baby... for me” Nicole looked at him with puppy dog eyes. “Okay....I hate it when you do that” Geoff laughed kissing her.

“I’ll believe I can fly!!!!!! I believe I can touch the sky!!!!! Whoooohoooo!!” Aden cheered drunkenly along the beach. “Life is GREAT, ohhh yeah!” He stumbled away from the beach. “Thanks” Nicole purchased the baby food and walked home. She wasn’t afraid to walk alone at night, even if there was a risk of being assaulted.

“Wowwww” Aden laughed taking another sip of beer. He was on the school roof top, “YEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!” Aden screamed. “What the hell was that?” Nicole heard a something in the distance. Walking towards the school to investigate she couldn’t see anyone around. “HEY!! NICOLE UP HERE!” Aden waved like he saw a celebrity. “What the hell are you doing up there” Nicole yelled angrily. “SEEING IF I CAN FLY, I DINK I CAN NIC!” Aden’s words were slurred. “Aden, get down here right now!” Nicole screamed at him fearing for his life. Aden moved closer towards the age, “Okay! Here’s my plan I jump off this then I can be with Belle and then I come back and visit you guys!” Aden stood on the edge looking down preparing to jump. “Are you crazy! Get down here now!”

“Nooooo! Come and get me” Aden said cheekily poking his tongue out. “Oh my god....!” Nicole rolled her eyes.

“Ohhh I thought you’d be too scared to come up here!” Nicole had climbed up and onto the roof. “Okay I’m here now time to go” Nicole said sarcastically.

“You wanna see Belle too?” Aden said stupidly. “Aden, you’re not going to see Belle. I’m sorry but you’ve just got to accept that. Now come on, let’s get down”

“No! I wanna be with Belle, I’m gonna jump....! Because” Aden continued, “I believe I can fly!!!” He sung. “Right snap out of it, I know you’ve just lost the love of your life, but you’re not going to kill yourself! You have a daughter Aden, think of Adelle!” Nicole pleaded she could see Aden was serious. “I know...I have

Adelle....but Nic I can’t be without Belle, I just can’t”

“Yeah and Adelle can’t be without her father, Aden. She needs you. We all do, we love you Aden” Nicole moved closer reaching out for his hand. “But I love Belle....” He began to cry. “I wanna see her....I wanna....” he broke down. “I know, I know what it’s like to lose someone you love Aden. But this isn’t the right thing to do, you have a gorgeous child at home waiting for her daddy. Just think about what you’re doing!”

“Nicole....I’m invincible. I can come back and visit you...and Adelle” Aden was still out of it, unable to comprehend the situation. “No! No! You are not

invincible, if you jump you die and if you die, you’re never coming back Aden!”

“Neither is Belle!” Ade shouted. “Belle, isn’t coming back!”

“No she’s not...and that’s awful but please. If you can’t do this for me do it for your daughter” Nicole said in a sympathetic and worried tone.

“Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” Aden stumbled inside Nicole and Geoff’s home. “Heyyyy....Adelle, daddy’s home! Well not home, this isn’t our home, is it baby” He giggled drunkenly. Aden picked up Adelle, “Hey, hey whoa, careful” Nicole panicked fearing Aden might accidently drop her. “Nicole! Adelle’s my daughter, no touchy!” Aden pulled away from her. “Aden you might drop her!” Nicole raised her voice. “Awww, daddy wouldn’t do that would he, no, no, no!” He rubbed his nose on her forehead then sitting on the couch swayed her. “Oh yeah you wouldn’t dare drop her, just like you would dare jump of the school rooftop”

“He what?” Geoff looked at Nicole.

Thursday, 9:00am.

“Ouchhh my head..” Aden got up from the couch. “Oh gee I was expecting thanks Nicole, thank you for letting me sleeping on your brand new couch, or thank you Nicole for stopping me from jumping off a roof and killing myself”

“I what...” Aden asked.

“Yeah that’s what alcohol does to you, makes you forget things” Nicole was not in a mood for excuses. Sighing, “I better go. Thanks for looking after

Adelle...” Aden got up and picked up Adelle gently. “Hey...” Nicole stopped him, “Are you sure you’re alright?” Nicole asked in a caring voice. “Yeah...” Aden nodded with a smile.

“Ahhh there you go” Aden popped Adelle on Belle’s bed. Adelle was fast asleep, chest rising and falling slowly.

“Hm” Aden sighed, tiding her dresser up he opened one of the drawers. An unfamiliar sheet of paper was stuffed inside the first drawer.

“Dear Aden..” Aden read the note stopping for a second, “Huh” he thought to himself, quietly sitting on the bed he continued to read the letter.

Dear Aden,

I don’t really know how to say this to your face so I decided to write this letter. Well...I’ve been diagnosed with cancer, I know cancer! I didn’t want to see the look on your face which is why I wrote this. But Rachel told me the other day its terminal. In 3-4 months I might never see you again, you might not see me again. It breaks my heart thinking about it. Also the fact that I’ll never be able to see my daughter grow up scares me to death. But I know you’ll take good care of Adelle if anything ever happened to me. I want you to know that everything will be alright once I’m gone. I’ll be watching over you, somehow. Maybe I can make a deal with god {I’m laughing right now} Maybe god will let me visit you just for one day. Take care Aden, enjoy life, raise our daughter well and I love....

“I love...” It was cut off, Aden looked confusedly. “Belle, where’s the rest?” Aden asked out loud. “I love....”I love....” Aden spoke as if he was talking to the letter itself. “I love you” Aden cried hoping she was going to write that. Obviously the letter hadn’t been completed. Aden could smell the paper from a distance, it smelt like Belle, rose oil. “I love you too Belle, I promise I’ll take good care of her, I promise” Aden smiled at Adelle. Tossing her hand in the air Adelle continued to sleep. Laughing, “Aww, you’re so cute”.

“I order a half strength latté, HALF!” The twenty year old man demanded. “Well if you had of been a bit clearer I might have known!” Colleen piped up. “You old bag I asked for a freakin’ half strength! Now make it!” He continued to complain. “Excuse me! If you can’t be polite you can get out” Leah had Colleens back.

“Whatever you say baby” He winked at her. “That’s it, get out!” Leah pointed to the door. “Hang on, hang on. Just chill for a moment, I’ll looking for my brother. I heard he lives here. His name is Aden Jefferies” Leah’s mouth nearly dropped opened. ‘Ahh...he lives...” Leah told Aden’s brother where he lived.

“Tinkle tinkle little star, how I wonder what you are!” Aden sung to Adelle, giggling she flung her right hand in the air. “That’s right clap for daddy”

“Awww how cute, where’s the bucket when you need it” Aden knew the voice, even though it had aged a bit. “Sean...?” He turned around terrified to see his brother in the doorway. “What the hell are you doing here?” He said threateningly.

Thank you so much for the comments, my house isn't as wet as last night! The floor is starting to dry up and the mats are dry thank god! I hate cleaning up after a storm!! Anyway enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 12

(Flashback)

“Belle, you don’t need to hit it that hard” Aden joked as they played air hockey.

“You’re only saying that because I’m winning” Belle said proudly.

“Yeah! Cuz I’m letting you!” Aden winked at her.

“Score!” Belle threw her hands up in the air doing a little victory dance. “That wasn’t fair, you cheated”

“I did not” Belle was pretending to be shocked.

“You did so”

“How the hell can you cheat and like you said you let me win” Belle flashed a massive cheeky smile. “I hate you” Aden crossed his arms still smiling. “I love

you too baby” Belle resited Aden’s famous saying.

“What are you doing tonight?” Aden changed the subject. “Well I suspect a handsome young man will be climbing through my window. He’s promised me

one of those Disney stories.” Belle loved to tease Aden after all he would do the exact same thing to her. “What! Belle Taylor is there something going on that you’re not telling me” He laughed then grabbed her waist kissing along her neck.

“Oh yes I’m actually secretly dating this guy – he’s..” Belle continued teasing Aden, “Aden...” Belle laughed as Aden tickled her ribs.

“Look whoever it is, there’s no way he’s as sexy, smart, irresistible as me”

“Yeah you’re absolutely right, you’re the hottest guy on the planet.....but remind me, what’s your name?” Belle continued to taunt him. “Okay that’s it!” Aden

lifted Belle over his shoulders carrying her over to a swimming pool. “No! Aden please. Don’t!” Belle screamed hitting Aden’s back. “Okay ready!” Aden heaved her. “ADEN!” But it was too late Aden threw her into the pool. “Ohh you’re so dead! No come back here, get your ass back here NOW!” Belle shouted her clothes soaking wet. Aden went back inside the games room smirking. “Don’t leave me here....baby...” Belle whined.

(Flashback)

11:00am

“What the hell are you doing here, get out now Sean! I mean it” Aden shoved him against the door gripping his shirt with his hands. “I said GET OUT!” Aden shouted intensely. “Okay, I’m goin’ just chill bro” He laughed as he were on drugs, “Check ya later”

“Go now!” He said in a threatening quiet tone. “See ya baby” Sean winked at Adelle. “Back off” Aden shoved him out the door.

12:30pm

“Aden Jefferies” A man wearing a blue suit knocked on Irene’s door.

“Ye-yes” Aden said nervously as he opened the door. “I’m officer Bristow, I here to inform you your trail is taking place next Tuesday”

“O-o-k” Aden nodded; he going to court was the last thing he wanted to think of.

2:00pm (At Noah’s Bar)

“Bro!” Sean called out to Aden looking unimpressed Aden refused to make eye contact with him.

“Aww that’s nice very nice, I’m sure dad taught you better manners than that!” Sean smirk, baiting him even more. “ Listen mate, I heard about the trail. Heard you got it on with some hot young thing, good for you! But don’t worry about your little girl I’ll take good care of her!”

“RIGHT! YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF SUMMER BAY BEFORE I BREAK YOUR FACE. IF YOU EVER GO NEAR MY DAUGHTER I WILL KILL YOU, and that’s a promise!” Aden threw him against the wall hurling abuse at him. If anyone no matter who is was, male or female tried to hurt Adelle, Aden would seek revenge.

“And I want you to know.....you’re unforgettable, unforgettable! You’re unforgettable.......!!” Aden lied drunkenly on the floor, Adelle in her crib happily staring at the ceiling. “Mr. Jefferies” A lady entered the house. “You should let me love you, let me be the one too, show you everything!! Wohoo” Aden cheered taking another sip. “Mr. Jefferies!” A lady yelled impatiently. “Yeah baby?” he giggled drunkenly finding it amusing she was standing there. “Unbelievable”

“No! It’s unforgettable, idiot!” Aden shook his head.

“All rise” Aden took a deep breath in and out. “Please be seated” Aden sat nervously next to his lawyer.

“Mr Jefferies, did you have sex with Miss Rowland”

“No, I did not” Aden said strongly trying his hardest not to snap. “Aden Jefferies, it has been alleged that you sexually assaulted an 19 year old girl. Is this true?”

“I SAID NO!” Aden hissed. “Okay....Mr. Jefferies, is it true that you were sent to a psychic clinic because you tried to kill you father?”

“Y-yes, but I didn’t...” Aden was cut off. “Mr Jefferies is it true that you girlfriend Belle Taylor was forced to attend rehab because of an on-going drug addiction”

“Y-yeah but was has that got to do with - -” Aden was cut off again. “And is it true that your lawyer found you drunk last night with a baby present in the room, with no reliable supervision”

“Look! This has nothing to do with sexually assaulting Grace” Aden snapped. “So you admit you assaulted her?”

“No! I’ve been accused of assaulting her, but what I don’t understand is why you’re bringing up my past history. Is has nothing to do with sexual assault”

“Next question, were you or were you not sexually abused as a child?” The man continued to ask Aden questions in a rude and impatient tone.

“I-I...” Aden struggled. “Were you abused as a child?” The man asked in a demanding tone. “Yes okay I was and it doesn’t mean anything because I would never touch anyone like that. I would never put a woman through that kind of pain”

“So you were abused as a child and were powerless, consumed by guilt so you thought you would return the favour. Seek revenge! So you sexually assaulted Miss Rowland in order to feel powerful. It’s true 90% of sexually abused children go on to become rapists”

“That’s bull! Oh and 90% of all statistics are made up” Aden hissed back.

“Excuse, may I speak” A man stood up in the audience. “I am from child services, I must admit I am concerned about the welfare of Aden Jefferies’ child”

“You may take the stand” The judge accepted. “I have been informed by several witnesses that Aden Jefferies has been consuming large amounts of alcohol. It appears he may have a drinking problem. I have been told that his girlfriend Belle Taylor died a few weeks ago, the mother of Adelle Taylor-Jefferies. She’s only 5 months old and is in need of desperate attention”

“SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!” Aden stood up shouting at her.

“Sit down!” The judge slammed the hammer down.

“Okay it’s time to deliberate, meet back here in one hour”

“Mr Jefferies, we find you guilty of sexually assaulting Grace Rowland and based on your recent behaviour the jury has decided to place your daughter in either a foster home or an orphanage”

“What! No you can’t take her she’s all I’ve got, please!” Aden broke down in tears.

“You will spend two years in jail. Court dismissed”

Okay this would have to be the crappist chapter ever. But I hope you found it slightly interesting haha!

Chapter 13

“Hey...” Nicole sat down in front of Aden. “Hi..” Aden said politely. “How are you coping?” Nicole asked straight out. But by the look of Aden’s face even in his blue eyes it said it all. He wasn’t coping at all. He had lost his one true love and his one and only daughter. “That trail was completely unfair Aden. You have to remember that” Nicole said offering her support. “Yeah well, that’s not going to change the fact I’m in jail now. Is it?” Aden said feeling depressed.

“Well the good news is Sean has left town” Nicole said smiling hoping it would cheer him up. “Great....” Aden sighed. “You didn’t touch Grace did you?” Nicole had the slightest doubt but she knew it her heart Aden wouldn’t do something like that. “No Nic, I didn’t”

“I don’t understand how someone can get away this rape and think its okay” Nicole thought back to Aden’s past history. “It’s like this, okay when you have sex with a chick the guy is keen on seeing her reaction, if she’s feeling pleasure and that is visible on her face then the guy feels satisfied with himself – which is completely acceptable. What’s not unacceptable is when he takes the satisfaction and pleasure out of raping the girl. Rape unlike making love thrives on powerlessness. Men who rape woman or woman who rape men love to feel powerful and people like my grandfather adore seeing the fear and powerlessness on the victims face. Sex was created to connect with the one you love, to feel imitate to express your love for each other.

“It’s like...” Aden smiled thinking back to his relationship with Belle. “With Belle I never thought I could feel such a connection with someone before. The feeling is incredible and indescribable. You feel normal, you feel like you’re not longer dreaming and you’re a part of the real world. A touch of love is such a powerful feeling it’s the most intense feeling I’ve ever experienced. It allows you to feel things you’ve never felt before. You are able to get in touch with new emotions you never knew existed. That’s one of the reasons I loved Belle so much, that’s why I love, love itself. Love is the most amazing feeling you can ever imagine”

“Wow Aden...that’s beautiful...Belle was a lucky girl” Nicole long desired to be with Aden but knew the only one for Aden was Belle.

“Yeah...” Aden sighed again.

“Don’t worry Aden and we will get you out of here. No matter what it takes” Nicole declared. “Okay...” Aden responded knowing there was no hope.

................................................................................

“Daddy!” The little girl threw her arms around Aden. “Shhh! We have to be quiet otherwise they’ll hear us” Aden whispered cuddling his 7 year old daughter. She had dark chocolate brown hair with brown eyes. “I miss you so much” She giggled trying to whisper. After years of searching for his daughter Aden finally tracked her down, Adelle was placed into an orphanage located in Perth. “And you want to be with daddy don’t you?” Adelle nodded smiling. “Okay well then we have to sneak out of here on our tippy toes okay?” Aden whispered. “Okay” Adelle whispered back. “Daddy...” They were finally out of the orphanage. “Yes baby...” He smiled holding her hand. “What took you so long!” Adelle crossed her hands pretending to be angry. “I’m sorry, will you forgive me?”

“Okay, but just this once” she giggled. “Daddy, where’s mummy?” Adelle looked around. “In heaven sweetheart, you’ll find her up there” Aden looked to the sky. “Way, way up there, beyond the clouds. In a place beyond our imaginings”

“What was she like?” Adelle stared into her father’s eyes. “Like you I suspect” Aden smiled. “I hope so...what was her name?” Adelle questioned her father again. “Belle...Taylor....”

“Belle....I like that name. Why did you call me Adelle?” Aden sighed rolling his eyes, he knew children were full of questions. “I called you Adelle because if you put daddy’s name and mummy’s name together you get Adelle”

“What’s your name?”

Aden laughed, “Aden....Jefferies....”

“Is that my last name? Jefferies? Sounds weird”

“Jefferies is not a weird name!” Aden pretended sound insulted. “Is too!”

“Is not!” Aden replied. “Is too times a thousand”

“Alright, you win” Aden said feeling defeated.

“I always do!” Aden couldn’t wipe the smile off his face, although Aden hadn’t known the new Adelle very long he could tell Adelle was a lot like Belle.

“Just like your mother...” Aden picked her up and sat her on his shoulder.

THE END

Comments

Archived