David 'Gardy' Gardiner - Jeremy Sims

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Gardy. Home and Away has been boring lately that Gardy might be entertaining again.

I don't think Gardy has much of a reason to come back, he is being head-hunted by the Police for the crimes committed with Roman (and not to mention his part in the war zone cover-up) - and also Roman is gone, but that said having him come back on a psycho killing spree would be pretty darn cool

Although he was designed for the fans to hate, I really quite liked him - he was nice to watch

Don't bring him back.What would be the point?The storyline's over, Roman's gone, he's got no reason to be there.It would be like that pointless Neighbours storyline recently where they brought back Guy Sykes for two weeks despite no-one on the show remembering who he was.Just say he's dead in a ditch somewhere and have done with it.

He was only bought in for Roman's exit storyline so I don't think brining him back would work. He was basically a plot device?

Personally, I didn't like him. He gave me the creeps especially the way he acted around Nicole.

Edited by Lise

It would be great to see some bounty hunter hand him over to the police but i'm afraid that Jeremy Sims is never coming back either he'll be found dead or we'll never hear from him again.

Gardy reminds me of a Bond villain with his funny voices and endless joking at everyone's expense. I think the actor does a brilliant job. I was looking at his face in close ups, its quite a good looking face but of course he has grown all this hair for the part. I wonder what he looks like normally.
You should check google images, he's better with long hair.

I'm wondering if they let him go so they've got a handy get-out clause if they want to bring Roman back.Given how the justice system works in Home and Away world, they might suddenly announce that they've found Gardy and somehow, not sure how, that means Roman's a free man.

I liked the appearance Gardy made in his first episode, ridding into Summer Bay on the bike, deliberately speeding knowing full well Charlie would pull him over so he could try it on with her. I didn’t particularly like the way he just let himself into Roman’s house but let it pass because I thought Roman would be ok with it since he invited him to come in the first place and I quite liked their first meeting when I think he called him a “blind bat” and Roman seemed quite pleased.

It’s interesting how Nicole immediately took a disliking to him, labelling him as “weird” - feminine intuition no doubt. I hated the way he was with Miles when he joined them at the Surf Club. He was blatantly rude to him and made very snide remarks. It was almost as if he had a problem with him because he felt he was a wimp and wasn’t macho enough to be friends with someone like Roman.

Even though the fight had me in stitches I had real doubts about him being a good person at this point. The gripe was between Hugo and John Palmer and he had no business getting involved and the situation could have probably been diffused. I thought he was basically ok with Roman but being a tosser to everyone else. It seemed as though on a social level he had no idea how to deal with or interact with ordinary people.

When he started making suggestive remarks towards Nicole I found myself raising my eyebrows at first, this was supposed to be his mate’s daughter. The thing is I’m still not sure if he was trying it on. It felt as though in his own warped sort of way he was trying to torment her for some sort of perverse pleasure. And not even in a sexual way too, simply because he wanted her to fear him.

After he helped Roman to regain his site and got him drunk when he woke up in the van you could pretty much tell by the way he was looking at him that he had serious issues. Definite psychosis I thought. I hated when he blackmailed Roman and made him pull the robbery at the Off-License. And it’s worth noting that after he found out a woman had a heart attack and he couldn’t care less. From their meeting at the Diner the next day it was pretty obvious that he was just going to keep blackmailing him.

After Roman got Miles to call the cops which foiled the second robbery they were going to pull, I thought it was funny the way Gardy made him and only him go back the next day in broad daylight to finish what they started. It was almost as if he didn’t really care if they got caught but saw them as being back in Afghanistan and they needed to complete one last mission. Gardy came across as though he actually wanted to kill some of the employees that Roman had locked away, maybe seeing them as soldiers, targets or even casualties of war.

As Roman was one of my favourite characters by rights I should hate him HOWEVER I really loved his dry, warped sense of humour. And I have to say really enjoyed some of his scenes such when Nicole told Roman off after he and Gardy had been out all night drinking and she said “You’re blind” and Gardy replied “you can say that again”. Or after the first robbery when Gardy left and Roman caught up with him the next day and he told him about the woman’s heart attack and his response was “it’s a good thing I brought you along”. I couldn’t help but laugh at the scene in the Diner when he saw Leah (just before he followed Trey’s mum home) and made the remark about VJ needing a father figure and making suggestive marks about her being in bed alone. Really liked the stuff at Trey’s house firstly the way he was meticulously searching Trey’s bedroom to see if anyone else was there. And after Roman unmasked him he just laughed at him (knowing fully well Roman wouldn’t shop him to the cops) and just ran off. I really liked the way he put on a well spoken English accent after he shot Roman and he was looking for stuff to loot in the warehouse.

I loved the way in any situation he always referred to Roman as “Hardcore”. Such as the brawl I mentioned above in the bar - “I need you hardcore”, “hardcore duck”, “hardcore it’s me, it’s me it’s me”.

And I liked that he vanished without a trace.

Gardy was psychotic, and in essence lacked remorse, empathy, had a complete disregard for people, was social inept and at times seemed out of touch with reality (e.g. when he scared VJ one time at Romans) but made an excellent bad guy and hats off to the actor. I would like to see him again but ONLY if they were to bring Roman back for one final stand off to facilitate a happy exit. Doubt it will happen though…