When Things Don't Go To Plan

Guest krfan4lyf

Story Title: When Things Dont Go To Plan

Type of story: Short/Long fic (undecided)

Main Characters: Rachel, Tony, Jack, Marha, Hugo, Leah, Xavier

Characters Mentioned: Probably entire cast

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Bit of everything really

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Nope

Summary: What happens when Rachel and Tony's baby plans change when life throws them obstacles to overcome

Basically this part I'm posting is the first few lines from my first chapter, I just want to see how you guys react to it and if you like it and if you do I'll carry on with it. Don't be afraid to be harsh I take critiscm well :D

Chapter 1

Rachel just sat staring unable to digest the news she'd just received. She wasn't sure if she was seeing things or not. Did she imagine those two little lines that meant so much to her? She had to make sure, check again, make sure she wasn't seeing things before the thought of telling Tony even crossed her mind. She knew he'd be over the moon with the news, they'd been talking about having children for some time, it was just a case of jumping the obstacles they faced. She often felt like she was in a hurdle race, constantly facing things that got in their way but somehow always managing to make it to the other side, like a runner jumping hurdles.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know i said in a few days, I just couldn't stop writing! Enjoy

Chapter 1

Rachel just sat staring unable to digest the news she'd just received. She wasn't sure if she was seeing things or not. Did she imagine those two little lines that meant so much to her? She had to make sure, check again, make sure she wasn't seeing things before the thought of telling Tony even crossed her mind. She knew he'd be over the moon with the news, they'd been talking about having children for some time, it was just a case of jumping the obstacles they faced. She often felt like she was in a hurdle race, constantly facing things that got in their way but somehow always managing to make it to the other side, like a runner jumping hurdles. Rachel began to realise how lucky she was having the perfect fiance, two wonderful stepsons and now a baby on the way to create the perfect little family she'd always craved for. Thinking of this, she began reflecting on the past few months and realising how much she and Tony had overcome to achieve total bliss and happiness. First there was the problems that came when they decided to start trying for a family and Tony not wanting to hurt her because he might not have been able to give her the child she'd always longed for. She was so hurt when he broke up with her on the answering machine. She heard that message and it was like her heart was breaking into a thousand pieces, each taking away her dreams of her life with Tony, even if it had to be childless. But she made Tony realise she wanted him more than any child, purely because she loved him so much she couldn't stand the heartache that would come with loosing Tony and leaving almost her whole heart with him. First hurdle, cleared.

Second there was Tony's vasectomy reversal and how she'd worried about him from beginning to end, even risking never having the family she'd always longed for just so she didn't hve to face life without him by her side everyday. She couldn't help but have the doubts in her head. It was jut who she was. Constantly worrying about people, especially those she loved more than anything in the world. But Tony made her see that he would be fine and the chances of loosing him were so slim that it made her realise that he wanted this child as much as she did. Hurdle two, cleared.

Thirdly there came the hurricane, known as Bridget and the non-existant wedding. It was Rachel's worst nightmare, being held captive by Aden, not being able to marry the man of her dreams, but the thing that kept her strong was the love between Tony and herself and the amazing memories they had shared. It was the only way she was able to get through it. Then there's Tony who was trying to distance himself from everything that reminded him of Rachel, because he believed she had left him for Hugh. Deep down he knew she never would, but all the facts pointed that way. He just wanted to disappear, so he took himself to Broken Hill, where he met hurricane Bridget. The cheap fling he had to try and forget Rachel and forget she ever existed but it didn't work, he soon came crawling back to Summer Bay looking like he had been dragged from a sewer, to find Rachel completely consumed with worry. They quickly got back on track but the storm was only brewing. Bridget came thundering down onto Summer Bay, and Rachel and Tony's lives crashing down like a monsoon. Tony tried his hardest to prove his love for Rachel and how sorry he was but Rachel just wanted distance, to get things together, until she realised that life without Tony was no life at all. It was like the sun breaking through a storm filled cloud. Hurdle three, cleared.

The fourth hurdle comes to present events. They had been not fighting, just disagreeing over many things and being distant from one another, believeing this was the reason they weren't pregnant yet. Rachel had been unable to focus on anything, even at Leah's lunch she wasn't able to eat anything and just couldn't concentrate. Maybe it was because she was uncomfortable with Bridget being there or maybe something else. She took a pregnancy test to try and eliminate possible reasons for the distance between the pair. That's when the news came and she fet like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Fourth hurdle, cleared.

Archived