Just When I'd Given Up Dreaming

Guest bennyboy19

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally I can reply! :D Loved what you have done so far! :-) Can't wait to read another update!

(oh and I am new to H&A forum, and loving the fan fic section - can see that I will spend a lot of time in there! :lol:)

Caz x

haha yeah I will be soon! I'm inundated with uni assignments! I have to finish them by tomorrow arvo so fingers crossed, then I'll post an extra longer chapter haha I've got so many ideas on where this can go so I'll get to it asap. I'm not sure so, but I was going to write other characters into it. Or should I just stick with Aden? It'll be Aden for the next two chapters at least, then I might switch focus a little.

Finished uni for this week at least! So here's a new chapter. It's a bit longer than the others. So I hope you like it. I've added more characters into the mix :) Can't wait to see where it leads. Hope you live it. Oh, and Tessalove, there'll be a story you'll very soon I think... not in this chap, maybe in the next one, I'll see haha

----

Chapter 6

Ruby squatted on the sand, feeling as crumbs caked between her toes, as the water washed high above her ankles before retreating once again. She closed her eyes and felt the cool breeze glide over her. She laughed softly, her fingers dancing in the wet sand. Seagulls flew over head, as the sun begun to set, collaring the sky fairy floss pinks, and blues. She loved it here. She couldn’t imagine anything else. She had left the house that afternoon, just looking for an escape from her daily ritual. Charlie had still been at work, whilst Leah was picking V.J up from Stella’s. The house had seemed daunting. She needed the freedom, so she ran. The beach was the only place she could truly feel special, for the ocean was vast and unfathomable, and she, she was just one minute speck, lost in the ebbing tide. It made her feel safe, normal even.

As she finally rose, she began to trudge along the coastline, thongs in her hands as the water beat upon her feet. The sun glared down upon her, warm and soothing, making her skin tingle with absolute delight. She hadn’t felt this liberated for a while. With everything happening between her and Xavier, and Nicole’s love dilemma with Geoff and Claudia, Ruby felt as though drama was perhaps running her life for her. She needed to take back the reins of her life. She had contemplated visiting Morag and her father in the city, yet felt as though it would perhaps cause more problems. It wasn’t as though she hated Morag. In fact, over the months she had grown to love the woman who had stolen her father’s heart. Ever since her mother passed away, she had felt that love was only a safety net. Once it was gone, you would fall hard. She had watched her father spiral after her mother’s death; she had watched Charlie enter a deep depression after her break up with Joey. In ways, she felt as though she and Xavier would soon come to an end. It seemed like everything around her always did, despite everything she truly wanted.

As she reach the pathway leading to the surf club, she saw something that prickled her senses. Sitting on the eroded wooden fence overlooking the beach was a young girl. Ruby’s age, give or take a few years. She had tears in her eyes, and almost instantly, Ruby felt remorse for this complete stranger. Had she too, fallen through the safety net? Walking closer, it was then that Ruby noted something peculiar. Her hair. A green streak. Her eyes widened with disbelief as she fumbled for her phone. She dialled Nicole’s number, before retreating into the surf club.

‘Nicole.’ She almost bellowed into the receiver. ‘You’ll never believe what I just saw.’

Emerging from the darkened apartment he had been renting, Aden pulled the hood of his jacket over his head, and began to sprint down the driveway until his feet hit the hot, sticky tarmac. Pounding fiercely, he made for the beachside, where he would run down the coastline until he reached the headlands. It was in these times that he could truly think. Rebecca’s voice still rang in his ears. The girl, Naomi too, had become an absolute mystery. Why had she been entering his room at night? Why was she doing these things to him?

As he ran past the Surf Club, he saw her walking down to the beach, passing the wooden fence as her feet sunk into the sand. He wanted to yell, yet found he had no voice. Fear had begun to swallow him whole. Racing down after her, he placed his beaten hand on to her shoulder until she reeled back, looking at him with shock.

‘Don’t do that!’ She screamed at him, holding her hand to her chest. ‘You’ll give a girl a heart attack!’

‘I’m sorry, okay?’ Aden quickly apologised, looking away as he swallowed his pride. What had he intended on doing? What was he supposed to say to her? ‘We need to... um...’

‘You’re not giving me anything big boy.’ She looked at him, a grin forming, a dimple rising in her cheek. ‘Okay, how about we start with properly introducing ourselves. I’m Naomi. Naomi Taylor.’

‘Aden. Aden Jefferies.’ He shook her hand. ‘But you already know that. Don’t you.’

She nodded, smiling again as the two descended down the beach. She flicked her hair around her finger, biting down at her lip until she noticed that he was looking at her. ‘What?’

‘Nothing.’ He snapped, looking away abruptly.

‘I’ve watched you play football sometimes.’ She told, looking back at him. ‘That’s how I knew you. Mum read about Belle in the paper, we saw your name. I put two and two together.’

‘So you’ve been stalking me?’ He defended, his voice raising. ‘You’ve been following me?’

‘Well...’ Naomi looked away, before shrugging. ‘Call it what you like. I mean, even though we weren’t related, Belle was my sister. She just up and left. She didn’t even care about me. I... well I still loved her. I would have done anything for her.’

‘Like stalk her boyfriend.’ He huffed, shaking his head. ‘You have a weird way of showing adoration.’

Naomi cringed slightly, ‘You don’t know anything.’

Aden shook his head, before turning away from her. ‘You and your mother should leave. You won’t be getting anything. Leave me alone, stop stalking me. Okay.’

‘I wasn’t stalking you.’ She returned, folding her arms. ‘Answer me this Aden. That night, on the headlands. When you jumped. You chose to jump. I didn’t push you. That means something Aden! It means that deep down in that heart of yours, you’re questioning everything. A part of you died with Belle. I only made you realise that you’re still alive, despite her being gone. Don’t you see? I helped you overcome the power Belle had on you.’

‘You’re sick.’ He snapped. ‘I thought I’d hear you out, but do you honestly hear yourself? You’re demented. Screwed in the head! Now leave me the hell alone, and take you Mum with you. Got it!’

Freddie walked silently along the road until he saw numerous old caravans all in line. This must have been the place. Summer Bay Caravan Park. He shuffled his feet, looking over at a group of girls heading down to the beach, wearing colourful bikinis, towels slung over their shoulders. He shoved his hands into his pockets, before walking briskly past until he was stopped by an elderly woman.

‘Mind where you’re going!’ She moaned, her short blonde hair standing on ends. ‘My, my, the youth of this town!’ She scuttled away with no other words; Freddie just shook his head and laughed.

Knocking on the flyscreen door, he waited, but received no reply. Turning his head, he looked off into the distance. ‘Just great.’ He murmured, before walking away again.

Martha sat at the end of Noah’s bar, drinking a juice freshly squeezed. The taste lingered on her tongue slightly, sending a cold shiver down her spine. Alf, her grandfather, wiped down the row of tables behind her, before throwing the rag into the sink behind the counter.

‘I thought you would have been at the farm today?’ He looked up at her and noted the hesitation on her face. She ballooned her cheeks before smiling subtly.

‘I needed a break. Veggies only grow so fast.’ She circled the juice cup around on the counter. ‘Besides, I can’t stop thinking about Hugo. What he said to me the other day. I just... I just can’t believe he would say something like that.’

Alf shook his head. ‘Well, he’s been under a lot of pressure. Don’t let anything he says get to you.’

‘I try to granddad, but...’ She looked up and noticed Hugo in the doorway. Looking him in the eye, he quickly retreated, walking past the pool table until he was out in the open air. Martha, picking up her wallet, bolted for the door, quickly following him.

‘Hugo!’ She yelled, holding her hands to her head as her hair fell over her eyes. She looked around her, but he had already disappeared.

Freddie moved to the outside of Martha’s home, peering through the windows. There was nobody home, he smiled wickedly, placing a piece of wire into the lock. Twisting it, he successfully managed to open the door. Picking up h is duffel bag, he made his way across the living room, placing his belongings on the sofa. He searched the house, until he came upon a picture of Jack and Martha. He flicked the glass and shook his head. Moving towards the kitchen, he pulled out an apple from the fruit basket and began to bite it. He then sat down on the sofa, and closed his eyes.

Nicole raced home as the rain began to pelt down upon the ground. The beach was swelling, waves crashing upon the jagged rocks, sending shocking sounds reminiscent to that of thunder. As she made her way to Aden’s front door, she dropped her handbag, bending on her knees, she peered through the glass window. Her eyes widened with fright as she saw Aden and a mysterious girl in the process of removing their clothes. As Aden kissed the girl’s neck, Nicole saw the green streak. Ruby had been right. Aden wasn’t deluded. Yet why... what was happening?

Aden sat in the kitchen, drinking a beer when he heard the knock at the door. Racing, he noticed Naomi’s face peering through the window. He sighed, clenching his fist before opening the door.

‘What do you want?’

She pushed past him, and waltzed into the lounge room. ‘What do you think? You going to offer me a drink?’

‘Get out.’

She laughed, flicking her hair. ‘It’s not that simple.’

‘Oh it is.’ He seethed, slamming the door. He walked into the kitchen, before placing his arms on the sink, wiping away the sweat from his brow. The picture of Belle on the fridge glared at him. ‘Don’t look at me like that. It’s not what you think.'

‘It is.’ Naomi’s voice cut in from behind. ‘It’s okay if you think I’m attractive Aden. There’s no harm in that.’

‘I’m not attracted to you.’ He said softly as Naomi brushed up against him, placing a finger on his lips. ‘Why do you...?’

‘Remind you of Belle?’ She whispered, she then kissed him, passionately. Caught in the moment, the two filed back into the lounge room, where Naomi lifted Aden’s shirt above his head, falling upon the couch. Outside, as the rain battered the apartment, Nicole stood, stunned, shocked, speechless.

Archived