Just When I'd Given Up Dreaming

Guest bennyboy19

only just found this fic but

WOW, WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is AMAZING!

you're writing Aden's emotions beautifully, i've been in tears in every chapter! its just so wow!

that last chapter, fantastic. i hope Aden's okay though :(

fantastic!

xxx

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that was brilliant!! Two updates for me to read, and they were both as great as each other!

Loved what that girl said to Aden. Her appearance reminds me of Belle...? :unsure: But her words were so true. I really hope that Aden's ok!!

Can't wait for more!!!!

xoxo

Chapter 4

He felt as though he was constantly drowning. His hands beat against the dark ocean, until at last he saw a figure, descending from the surface. At first, he wondered how it could be, that anybody would come and save him. Yet as the figure drew nearer, their arms outstretched and ready to embrace him, Aden felt a wash of grief sweep over him. He didn’t want to be saved. It truly felt that it was better this way. He had to end the pain. Yet as the figure finally reached him, he saw a face that he recognised as well as his own. She smiled at him, placing her arms around his broken body, and pulling him near. He wanted to say something. To his one true love, yet he couldn’t. The words could not leave his mouth. Yet as she drew him to the surface, he finally felt it. Love. Undying love.

He awoke the next morning in the hospital, lying on his back, his eyes opened slightly until he saw Nicole and Geoff sitting by him. Noticing his eyes opening slightly, Nicole raced out and called for Rachel, soon, the doctor entered, and placed her hand on Aden’s.

‘Aden, can you hear me?’ She murmured, flashing a small light into his eyes. ‘He’s reacting normally. I think everything should be okay.’

‘Thank god,’ Geoff wrapped an arm around Nicole.

‘What were you doing by the rocks anyway?’ Rachel asked as Aden finally came too. He looked away from her, clenching his jaw. ‘I thought you of all people would have known how dangerous it was, especially at night, and all alone as well.’

‘I wasn’t alone.’ Aden said, looking to Nicole. ‘I was with someone.’

‘Who?’ Nicole asked, breaking away from Geoff.

‘I don’t know.’ He shook his head. ‘She never told me her name.’

‘What did she look like?’ Rachel raised an eyebrow. ‘Look, it’s important, what if this girl is still out there. I expect Charlie will want to speak with you about it.’

‘She looked... she had short hair, a green streak through it.’ He tried hard to remember, yet found nothing except for that green streak.

‘I don’t remember anyone at the party like that.’ Nicole looked to Geoff. He shook his head.

‘Are you calling me a liar?’ Aden snapped, his voice rising slightly.

‘Aden, no one’s calling you anything, we just... we know you’ve been under a lot of stress lately.’ Rachel placed her arm on his shoulder. ‘With the grief you’ve been through, maybe you’ve just...’

‘Imagined her?’ Aden barked. ‘Look. Rachel. I know what I saw. I could feel her. She was real!’

‘Okay.’ Rachel nodded before looking at Nicole and Geoff. ‘Come on guys, we should probably let him get some rest.’

They both stood, walking to the door. Nicole stopped and looked at Aden, biting down on her lip. She turned away, noticing Aden rolling to his side and burying his head in his pillow.

An hour past. In this time Aden dreamt of the woman from the beach. It was perhaps the first time he hadn’t dreamt of Belle. He felt saddened by this, yet at the same time relieved. Was he finally learning to let go? No, the tears rolling down his cheeks told him otherwise. No matter what anybody would say, he would never get over Belle. Not her. Not the true love of his life.

Falling in and out of sleep, he was awakened by a thump on his bed. Sitting up immediately, he noticed the woman from the beach, laughing at his apparent shock.

‘What the hell!’ Aden barked. ‘You know there’s people looking for you? What the hell are you doing here?’

The girl just laughed, flicking her hair and pursing her lips. ‘Now, now Aden. Settle. I just had to see if you we’re alive or not.’

‘Well now you can see that I am, you can get out. You almost got me killed!’

She shook her head, standing from the bed, she moved to the door. ‘Poor, poor, Aden. Still not alive inside. Well, I guess I’m going to have to fix that.’

Aden looked puzzled, yet before he could say anything, the woman had vanished out the door. He grabbed his mobile off the table next to him and saw the wallpaper, him and Belle. A storm raged in his stomach before he dialled her number. The message tone was still there, despite his reasoning beforehand.

After the tone, he finally spoke.

‘I miss you.’

:( Everytime, your chapters make me want to cry. They're just so brilliant yet sad, and I know that if I stopped reading it would be better for me, but I can't! :lol:

I loved this chapter. The beginning was just so fantastic, especially all the description.

The bit in the hospital was brill too. Tbh, I thought that Aden had imagined the girl too, and still is. But I guess only time will tell.

That ending was too sad :( I just wanna hug him soo much!

Cannot wait for more!

Archived