Never Let You Go

Guest halcyon06

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys Im leaving the country tonight for a week so I don't think I will have chapter 2 up until next week sometime, I really doubt I will have it finished. But if I do I will post it, if not, caoi for now! :) x

Aww I was looking forward to it :( Oh well enjoy your holiday :)

Ok guys Im leaving the country tonight for a week so I don't think I will have chapter 2 up until next week sometime, I really doubt I will have it finished. But if I do I will post it, if not, caoi for now! :) x

Aww I was looking forward to it :( Oh well enjoy your holiday :)

I'm really sorry, its just I have had such a busy week with finishing school and the school trip, I shouldn't have promised a chapter up by this week when I knew I would be mega busy. I do promise though, I will get straight back to writing it as soon as I return home! :)

And thanks, I hope I do! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay with this, I have been mega busy these last few weeks, final weeks of the school year and then my trip. And I have been working since I got back so I haven't had much time on here!

I'm not happy with this at all as it was quiet rushed. Still, I will let you guys judge!

Chapter 2

It was 2:20 am and Tony was nowhere to be seen. This wasn't unusual though- not up until recently anyway. Rachel lay awake in bed, listening unwillingly to the sound of the clock, each second ticking by. She was exhausted. She had worked a double shift and just couldn't wait to fall into bed. Being 3 months pregnant didn't help much, she thought to herself. She enjoyed her work, probably because it distracted her from everything else in her life. At the moment anyway, it was a good distraction.

She arrived home to an empty house that evening, to no suprise. Tony had promised her that morning that he would be home before she finished work. She knew, deep down, that this would not be the case. So many promises he had made her this last month that never fell through. This was just another one to add to the list. The never ending list. Would the list ever end though, that was the question. Rachel often asked herself that question. Every night, in fact. She asked herself that question every night, just before she began to cry herself to sleep.

Sometimes she just wanted to run away from it all. She had gone through so much in her life, it was as if God was punishing her for something. She had dealt with so much heartbreak, she was almost expecting something to go wrong. It was probably what made her so strong.

She was just drifting off to sleep when she heard movement from the kitchen. She heaved herself up off the bed slowly and sleepily made her away to her bedroom door.

She felt a wave of disappointment wash over her when she saw Matilda standing by the kitchen sink, a glass in her hand. Matilda jumped when she saw the pregnant woman standing behind her, staring her straight in the eye.

''Woah, sorry Rach you gave me a fright'' she whispered, still in a daze.

''Oh, its ok, I thought you might have been Tony.'' Rachel looked away as she felt herself welling up.

''He's still out? Its half two in the morning. Where is he?'' Matilda questioned, now noticing Rachels teary eyes.

Rachel tried to hold back the tears that were falling from her eyes. She was the strong one, she didn't need Maddie to see her fall to pieces. Rachel hated crying in public. Crying alone was one thing. At least then no one would see how weak she could become. She always thought crying was a sign of weakness. She knew that was absurd, especially being a phyciatrist. But in her mind, when she cried she was letting herself down.

''I don't know, he just needed to get some fresh air.'' Rachel shrugged off her question as if it was normal for Tony to just up and disappear in the middle of the night.

''At half two in the morning?'' Matilda inquired, not quiet sure what to make of Rachels explanation.

''He couldn't sleep so I suggested he go for a walk, try clear his head a bit, you know??'' Rachel tried her best to sound convincing as she made her way over to the fridge. She tried to block out all thoughts relating to where he could be right now. In a bar, a club, a bed...

''Oh, right.'' Matilda was not convinced. She could tell Rachel was hiding something but she thought that it might be a good idea not to push it.

''So, is everything ok with you? You were pretty quiet at dinner tonight.'' Rachel desperately tried to change the subject. She poured herself a glass of milk and plonked herself down on the couch.

Matilda sighed and sat down beside her. Was everything ok with her? Far from it, she thought to herself. ''Was it really that obvious?'' she asked half heartedly.

''Maddie, its me. I know you well enough to know something is wrong. You have been like this for days now. And I have a feeling its something to do with Ric, seeing as he hasn't been around. Am I right?''

''Rachel, your always right.You should know that by now.'' Maddie glanced over at Rachel and they both smiled in agreement.

''Of course I am. So whats the problem then?''

Matilda was unsure of what to say next. She felt that it would be unfair to unload all her problems on Rachel, considering everything she was going through at this time. She bit her lip, pausing for a moment. ''Well, how long have you got?''

''All the time in the world for you.'' Rachel smiled as she reached over and held Matilda's hand. She really did care for Matilda. She was important to Tony which meant that she was important to her too.

''Well, if you insist.''

And she told her everything. Once she started she couldn't stop, it was as if she opened up a door that couldn't be closed. Rachel listened as Matilda told her how she was feeling about Jack, Tony and of course, her problems with Ric.

And Rachel listened. She sat up with her and she listened. All night long.

Archived