Guest sharksarecute

If you can sign up to this site and see that every member with an avatar has an H&A avatar, surely that is sending out the message that we're mainly about all things Summer Bay?

To me that says members arent allowed to be creative and individual and they must conform.

Well, that certainly wasn't what I was intending to put across. I don't think what you described is what anyone here wants. All things considered I think we're pretty lenient as to how members can express their creativity and individuality. The 'Personal Photo' space in every person's profile, for example, isn't under the same rules as avatars are. As long as it's not offensive, you can have whatever you like as your picture. As for conforming, one of the best things about BTTB in my opinion is that everyone holds different views and values - every last member contributes something different to the board. By asking everyone that they please don't use non-H&A avatars I don't think we're taking away anyone's right to show who they are. It's more that we want to present an image on the forum that will hopefully encourage people to engage in Home and Away related discussion. And I don't think that's really an indication that a forum is poorly moderated. I think it's more of a case of setting the standard so that off-topic chat doesn't end up occuring down the line.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not implying that this forum is poorly moderated. I just dont think the avatar rule is fair, for the reasons Ive already stated. Just a little thing really, that annoyed me a little, but as Ive said several times, I respect the rules of the board and Im willing to leave it at that if Im the only one that thinks this rule is silly.

Thank you for respecting the rules, even though you don't agree with them in this case :). I'll leave it there for now otherwise I'll be nicknamed SternMod :P.

Hehhehehehe and I'll be nicknamed argumentative Newbie !!!

We're even :P:D.

You aren't alone, i reckon it would be cool if we could have our own avatars too.

I don't see how allowing non H&A avatars would stop people talking about H&A? We are all here because we like to talk about H&A so i don't think having different avatars would stop us talking about it, they are just avatars.

But then again it's nice in a way that everyone has H&A avatars so either way i dont mind :)

I really don't see what the problem is, its a rule we've had from day one (i.e. years ago), and as far as I recall, no-one has thought anything of it.

Given that you can now have a Personal Picture on your profile anyway - which can be whatever you wish, within reason - then there's not really a case to answer for.

I really don't see what the problem is, its a rule we've had from day one (i.e. years ago), and as far as I recall, no-one has thought anything of it.

Given that you can now have a Personal Picture on your profile anyway - which can be whatever you wish, within reason - then there's not really a case to answer for.

I think I outlined my reasoning in previous posts. With all due respect, just because no-one else has thought of it doesnt mean I my point is not valid. But as it seems most people here dont have a problem with this rule, then I am willing to let it drop (as I have already stated).

Archived