Impersonation, Multiplication, and the Ban Button

Guest Foxy

I just want to comment. I made a very big mistake on the site that meant that I was put on MP and for me it was frustating but I realised after a while of pestering staff that it was my own fault. I have to agree with Musie when she says about Foxy being a fair moderator because the mod involved with my mistake was the same. All the moderators do is help maintain the site and in response to the announcment thread in General Chat; the member obviously didnt want to admit they had done something wrong. All the staff on the site should be applauded for the tireless effort to make the site a continually enjoyable place to post. Thanks from me :D

Thank you for sharing that Zetti. It takes a big person to admit when they have been in the wrong. You deserve respect for that. One hopes that others will learn from your example.

The thing about being on mod preview is that no one knows that you are on it unless you choose to share that information. Last night the group concerned in this entire debacle decided, unwisely in my view, to out themselves in a rather undignified manner. None of us knew who they were until that moment. Now we do. The wiser path would have been to pull their heads in, take stock and reflect on what had been happening , and in due course no doubt the mod preview would have been lifted and the rest of us would have been none the wiser as to their identity. Instead we got grandstanding and no real grasp of the situation at all. The mods had been magnanimous in seeking to protect them as well as those who had been on the receiving end of their games and they effectively shot themselves in the foot. Foxy was on the receiving end of some rather extreme accusations and was understandably annoyed. Who can blame him? John, one of our older members who like Foxy is one of the most honourable people I know, together with other mods have confirmed that these individuals were given fair and regular warnings and that the evidence is substantial. Still they protest. The fact that the mods were also last night receiving PM’s from concerned members who felt they were being pressurised into posting in that thread in support of that group is also very concerning.

The fact that the mods are giving this group the opportunity to grow up says a great deal. One applauds their tolerance and understanding. I only hope that the group concerned realise that they have been given a chance that they would not have been given else where.

Ok so I admit that I am part of this "immature" group being mentioned. When I read this the other day I was put on Mod Preview and I told Foxy I was staying away as I am tired of all the trouble. I was still coming on as a guest cause I couldn't really stay away ( I'm a bit obsessed with BTTB :lol: ) and when all the trouble happened in the announcement thread last night I almost posted this then because it was getting ridiculous. But I didn't till I got an offline message today from one of the members involved saying they had been banned us. So I came on, thinking I'd been banned and tried getting on and was happy I could so I wanted to just admit it cause I don't want to still be coming on here all the time if everyone just thinks I'm trouble. I am sorry for what I've done and I don't actually know why we have caused trouble on this forum and MSN. It was just me being bored I guess and playing silly childish jokes. I know the mods haven't done anything wrong to me for me to behave that way so I'm sorry and just thankful I haven't been banned.

Well you have taken the first step in acknowledging your mistake that's a good start, you now need to work out why it is you behaved this way and don't fall into the same trap. And be careful in who you choose as friends. They told you that you were banned - they lied! Some friends huh? As I understand it no one has been banned. But for me at least, as I can't speak for every one, apology accepted.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I admit that I am part of this "immature" group being mentioned. When I read this the other day I was put on Mod Preview and I told Foxy I was staying away as I am tired of all the trouble. I was still coming on as a guest cause I couldn't really stay away ( I'm a bit obsessed with BTTB :lol: ) and when all the trouble happened in the announcement thread last night I almost posted this then because it was getting ridiculous. But I didn't till I got an offline message today from one of the members involved saying they had been banned us. So I came on, thinking I'd been banned and tried getting on and was happy I could so I wanted to just admit it cause I don't want to still be coming on here all the time if everyone just thinks I'm trouble. I am sorry for what I've done and I don't actually know why we have caused trouble on this forum and MSN. It was just me being bored I guess and playing silly childish jokes. I know the mods haven't done anything wrong to me for me to behave that way so I'm sorry and just thankful I haven't been banned.

OK I am another of the troublesome members and I am not going to lie and say I haven't been trouble over the last months for the moderators of the forum because I know that I have been in trouble and have been warned by SkyKat not so long ago and please believe me when I say I apologise for everything because I realise now how stupid I have been and how unfair I have been also and I am completely up for moving on from this stage in my life and putting it behind me.

I think this forum is brilliant and spend a lot of time on here and everyone's so nice , and all it takes is a visit to any of the threads especially the support group to see what kind people are on the forum and its not fair for people like me and a few others to be mistreating them. The moderators do a brilliant job here on the forum and I know hard it must be to keep a forum running smoothly and how annoying I must be to them constantly causing trouble.I count myself so lucky that I've not been banned for everything I have done because I love this forum and spend a lot of my time on here writing fan fictions and posting my opinions on the different topics throughout the board and I have made so many good friends from the forum.

I ask that everybody accept my apology and start over because to be honest I hate people to think so little of me and it just depresses me because if you knew me you would know that I am actually such a nice person who gets on great with everybody.

and I was told by the same person as homeandawayxoxo that I was apparently banned.

I hope you can forgive me and I hope to win back the trust of everyone on the board.I know it's going to be difficult but I will try my hardest to change my reputation.

My apologies

Kevin

and I was told by the same person as homeandawayxoxo that I was apparently banned.

I hope you can forgive me and I hope to win back the trust of everyone on the board.I know it's going to be difficult but I will try my hardest to change my reputation.

My apologies

Kevin

Kevin, You'd have to figure that the person who told you you were banned when you weren't wasn't any sort of real friend. I'd be careful of that person in the future.

I look forward to your constructive contribution to the board.

John H

Firstly I need to apologise for wading into this late. I have had no internet for several weeks now and have only been getting online via internet cafes or at a friend's house and only for short periods of time.

Like Dan, I do not add people on msn that I don't know and I don't get into conversations with large groups of members anymore and haven't done for a long time. I have the same MSN address I have used for years and those that have it can confirm that I have not been on msn for several weeks now. Anybody who thinks they have spoken to me, most certainly hasn't and I reiterate Foxy's warning in the first post to you all to be very careful who you trust on MSN.

As to the situation that has arisen with regards to the very public argument in general chat, the thread saying goodbye to friends is one thing but by choosing to publicly address a personal matter by replying to Foxy publicly, you gave him no choice but to respond. Now it seems that the members responsible are admitting who they are and taking responsibility for things and I thank them for that. The moderators here are humans, not machines and we have given multiple chances for offences that on other boards would have been an instant ban. Just because we don't list all our evidence in public, doesn't mean we don't have it and just because one moderator is specifically dealing with an incident, doesn't mean it's solely their decision. We have a strong team here and support each other whole heartedly, sometimes it can take days for us to deal with an incident because we discuss it in depth with each other before acting on it so in attacking the actions of one moderator, you are effectively attacking us all.

Kevin and Laura, thank you for your apologies. I sincerely hope that you mean what you say and I hope that you will stop listening to all these people passing you information on msn and come straight to us for clarification on things rather than stirring trouble because you think we're out to get you. We're not, if anything we've been more than fair with you. Last time I PMd you I threatened an instant ban if we got given reason and once again we've given you yet another chance by opting for moderator preview, something that causes us more work for us, instead. Please let this be the last of it.

Feel free to contact me by PM if you have something to discuss. Hopefully this warning has now been read by the people who needed to read it and I think the members are probably as sick as I am of reading about it so I'm going to close the thread. Any staff member is contactable by PM if you want to bring anything further up.

Archived