Impersonation, Multiplication, and the Ban Button

Guest Foxy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm this is the first time I've heard of it :blink: Who would waste their time impersonating others!?

Thanks for the heads up, now we're much more aware of what's going on just in case it happens again to some others that didn't know...

Dan, Kat and the other moderating and contributing staff spend a lot of their time and effort maintaining a discussion place where people can come and enjoy interraction with others who have a similar interest. They do it in their own time alongside all of the other things that make up their lives whether it be work study or other committments. I for one am very grateful for that.

It annoys the heck out of me that a small group of people would try to destroy all that work simply for the fun of it. I really can't find a lot of sympathy even for those who feel they were not the main players and were only caught up on the fringes. We all have to take responsibility for our own choices.

I don't understand why people do this, I really don't. It's a form of bullying. It may seem like fun and games to you guys but it's not fun when you're the one being victimised. I ask those involved to please grow up and stop playing chilish games. (And get some sleep :lol:)

MOD EDIT: He's had his opinion voiced in general chat now.

I can't believe this is happening. It seems the maturity of some of the members on BTTB is seriously degrading to nothing. I think my 10 year old niece is more mature than some people.

I feel for the Mods & Admins, especially Foxy at the moment. Foxy is one of the most fairest people on here. In fact all the mods are fair and to think that a small group are trying to taint that is stupid!

I must say that BTTB is one of the nicest forums I've ever been on and I'm shocked that some idiots are taking advantage of the good nature of the staff. Perhaps a more strict banning system should be in place so the idiots will have to go elsewhere? If someone is paying their own money to run the site, they deserve people who are well behaved using it.

Having just read the thread in General Chat, I am unfortunately tempted now to break a cardinal rule. i.e. re. getting personal.

Here goes!

The name(s) of the offender(s) appear now to be out in the open, and it was interesting to see that the chief trouble-maker and his supporters are largely a group of people who have severly p*ssed me off on this site since they all started posting(spamming) inanely in the spoiler section. To my mind they have added nothing whatsoever to a constructive discussion. I have hinted at the quality of their posts in the Suggestions thread before, but mainly just decided it was easier to ignore their posts and avoid conversing with them.

There, I've vented that publicly now, and those who have been keeping up will know exactly who I'm talking about.

I feel better for saying it out, but will fully understand if the mods want to delete my post and give me slap. :unsure:

I just want to comment. I made a very big mistake on the site that meant that I was put on MP and for me it was frustating but I realised after a while of pestering staff that it was my own fault. I have to agree with Musie when she says about Foxy being a fair moderator because the mod involved with my mistake was the same. All the moderators do is help maintain the site and in response to the announcment thread in General Chat; the member obviously didnt want to admit they had done something wrong. All the staff on the site should be applauded for the tireless effort to make the site a continually enjoyable place to post. Thanks from me :D

Ok so I admit that I am part of this "immature" group being mentioned. When I read this the other day I was put on Mod Preview and I told Foxy I was staying away as I am tired of all the trouble. I was still coming on as a guest cause I couldn't really stay away ( I'm a bit obsessed with BTTB :lol: ) and when all the trouble happened in the announcement thread last night I almost posted this then because it was getting ridiculous. But I didn't till I got an offline message today from one of the members involved saying they had been banned us. So I came on, thinking I'd been banned and tried getting on and was happy I could so I wanted to just admit it cause I don't want to still be coming on here all the time if everyone just thinks I'm trouble. I am sorry for what I've done and I don't actually know why we have caused trouble on this forum and MSN. It was just me being bored I guess and playing silly childish jokes. I know the mods haven't done anything wrong to me for me to behave that way so I'm sorry and just thankful I haven't been banned.

Archived