If No One Will Listen

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you see yourself with children one day?”

“One day” he nodded with a cheeky grin, wondering if she was having the same thoughts about them having children together as he had been a few minutes earlier.

“I wouldn’t mind a few mini Aden’s running about” he chuckled softly.

“Or a few little Tinkerbelle’s”

That is the cutest thing I've read :lol: !!!!

I like this story, two chapter you're very kind hehe. I reckon lily is the perfect middle name for a baby don't you reckon :lol:

Really great update.I can understand why Nicole made the decision she did and I'm glad she turned down Geoff's proposal(the guy is so clueless sometimes...).Glad Aden and Nicole cleared the air.I had a feeling Geoff would end up with the baby and he seems to be doing a good job and having everyone supporting him.Loved his "Join the club" when Annie said she couldn't believe he had a daughter.

Sneak peek:

“Darwin and Perth?” he mumbled as he scanned the university prospectus’ she hugged close to her chest.

“I thought you said the best fashion course in Australia was in the City?”

“Well it doesn’t hurt to look at all my options does it?” she replied defensively as he sighed deeply.

“Are you sure that’s all it is? And not just that you want to get as far away from me and Angelica as possible?”

“Angelica?” she gasped with a tiny smile.

“You named her Angelica?”

“Angelica Lily” he nodded.

“I remembered that you liked it and Lily was my Mum’s name”

“Is she ...is she ok?” she stuttered not wanting to show him that she was interested but needing to know.

“She’s perfect” he smiled softly, his heart jumping a little as he realised she wasn’t just going to pretend their baby girl didn’t exist. There was still some hope that she might come round after all.

“She’s such a happy baby Nic and I think she knows that I’m her Dad. She always has this huge smile waiting for me an-”

“Are you sure it’s not just wind?” she burst his bubble instantly. She didn’t want to but she couldn’t cope with this, she couldn’t watch him almost explode with pride over the little girl she had chosen to

walk away from.

“It could be I guess” he admitted.

“But I prefer my interpretation and at least I’m there for her to know who I am Nic. I think she’s a little bit confused about her who her mum is right now. I mean is it Belle or Annie or is it Aden?!” he

snapped, anger bubbling up inside of him.

She could reject their daughter if she wanted but he wasn’t going to let her ruin this for him anymore than she already had.

“Well the amount of hair product Aden uses in the morning it’s understandable that she’d be confused” she joked lamely, guilt surging through her as she saw the hurt in his eyes.

“It’s not too late Nic” he whispered softly, the hurt he conveyed intermingling with hope and desire.

“You can still be her Mum. You’d be a great Mum”

“Geoff, I-”

“I’m not asking you to have her live with you” he interrupted in a hurry.

“Or to marry me or anything silly like that because I think we’ve established that you don’t want me but I think you want her even if you won’t admit it. Just please come and see her, spend some time

with her, be her mum”

“Until when?” she whispered, tears welling up and stinging her eyes which were already tinged with a permanent sadness.

“Until you realise that this is all too much and you want to give her up for adoption too? Because that’s what is going to happen Geoff and if I’ve bonded with her then it’s just going to be a million times

harder. I didn’t name her, I didn’t want to know her name and I don’t want to see her again because if I do I will want to keep her, I’ll want her to be mine forever and then I’ll just screw up her life like

I’ve screwed up my own!”

He didn’t know what it was, whether it was the heartbreak in her voice, the guilt in her eyes or the sadness pouring out of her entire being that made him do it. But in that moment all he wanted was to

fix her, to make everything better, to see her smile again.

So he did the first thing he could think of.

Taking her face gently within his hands, he kissed her.

Soft, slow and gentle.

He parted her lips with his tongue as she stilled in his grasp, making no move to respond.

He pulled back slowly, her big blue eyes locking with his.

Her heart thudded against her chest as as stared at him, a mixture of surprise and disbelief.

Her lips kicked up into a tiny smile before her head tilted slowly forward and he smiled.

Archived