If No One Will Listen

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

Liam let out a deep sigh of relief as he spotted them and realised his intuition had been correct, not that of any of the others whose theories for where Geoff’s daughter had vanished to all seemed to

place the blame partly on his shoulders. The baby girl hadn’t been mistaken for his son and kidnapped to swindle him out of some huge ransom and she definitely hadn’t been harmed by drug dealers

like Geoff appeared to believe.

To anyone else the sight before him wouldn’t have appeared unusual, unnatural or surprising. As they watched the waves tenderly ripple over the shore, she was simply a loving mother sharing some

alone time with her daughter, enjoying the soft touch and sweet scent of her skin as she whispered quietly to her baby girl, her lips curving into a smile against her rosy cheeks.

“You know” he told her softly as he dropped to the warm sand beside her.

“If you’d just woken him first Geoff would have let you spend time with her, instead you scared him half to death”

“I didn’t mean to scare him” she mumbled without tearing her gaze from her beautiful daughter, cradled close to her chest.

“I just...I...I wanted...needed... to be with her without everyone....Geoff...asking me what it meant because I don’t know what it means, all I know is that I love her and having her so close and not being

her mother is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do”

“I think you know what it means” he told her simply as he pulled his phone from his top pocket.

“I think you’re just scared that you’re going to mess it up”

“What if I already have?” she sighed, biting her lower lip anxiously.

“What if walking away was the wrong thing Liam? What happens if I’ve already made the biggest mistake of my life?...Of her life?”

“Then you do whatever it is you have to do to put it right” he told her as he scrolled down to Belle’s name in his phone contacts.

“Please don’t call them” she asked, her blue eyes big and pleading as she hugged her baby girl closer to her and his fingertips hovered over the voice call button.

“Geoff will hate me...and they’ll take her away from me and I...I’m not ready to let her go yet”

“How about I just let them know she’s ok?” he suggested gently.

“They’re all imagining the very worst. Let me put them out of their misery and then you can sit here with her for as long as you want”

“Ok” she nodded her head softly in agreement.

“But don’t tell them where we are or they’ll come and get her”

“Nicole, you’re her mother. No one is taking that little girl away from you unless you want them to ok? Not on my watch” he told her reassuringly as he hit the dial button.

“Thank you” she mouthed silently, not wanting Belle to hear her in the background of the call.

As Liam assured Belle of Angelica’s safety and deflected her questions as to where he had found her, Nicole gently rocked her daughter in her arms, smiling fondly down at her.

“I bet you don’t even know who I am do you?” she whispered sadly at the reality of the situation.

“I’ve probably scared you just as much as Geoff and the others”

“She doesn’t look very scared to me” Liam smiled as he pushed his phone back into his jean pocket and gazed at the tiny baby girl cradled in her mother’s arms, smiling and content.

“That’s because she doesn’t know who I am or what I’ve done” she sniffled, tears beginning to leak down her soft cheeks.

“She knows who you are” he grinned sincerely, reaching across and brushing his fingertips over the baby girl’s rosy cheeks.

“She doesn’t look like that at anyone else, that pretty smile is reserved only for you”

“It’s just wind” she shrugged off the meaning in his words.

“I know you’re not as hardfaced or as hardhearted as you like to make out”

“No, you’re right” she nodded with a weak smile.

“I’m much worse”

“Yeah whatever” he dismissed her self loathing, the edges of his lips kicking up into a smirk.

“You keep pretending if it works for you but just so you know sweetheart, you’re really not that good at it”

“I don’t know what’s reality and what’s a pretence anymore to be honest” she murmured, as she jiggled her daughter’s tiny hands about.

“I just know that every bit of it hurts and I have to do something to stop it”

“Like what?”

“That’s the hard part” she laughed quietly to herself.

“Figuring that out...although I don’t think snatching my own baby was really the best way to go about it”

“No it probably wasn’t” he agreed quietly.

“But I don’t think you were really thinking at all were you? You were feeling, doing what felt right. And being with your baby felt right didn’t it?”

“Yeah” she nodded, brushing away the tears inching slowly down her face.

“Then maybe you need to stop complicating things. Stop over thinking everything and just do what feels right?” he suggested gently.

“Yeah” she nodded once more.

“Maybe I do”

“Liam! Finally!” Belle exclaimed as he slowly walked into the kitchen without a word.

“Well? Where is she?” Geoff questioned, anxiously scanning the older male for signs of his daughter.

“Ok you just all need to calm down!”

“Calm down?” Aden scoffed, anger rising within him.

“His baby’s been snatched and apparently you found her over an hour ago now and yet you turn up back here without her?!”

“What’s going on Liam?” Belle questioned, holding a palm flat against Aden’s chest in an attempt to stop him taking his fear for Angelica out on her friend.

“I did find her and she’s fine, she’s perfectly happy and content but I can’t say the same for the person I found her with so just go easy ok, no shouting or blaming her”

“Her?” Belle asked in confusion as Liam disappeared back out of the house, only to reappear a few seconds later as he guided a nervous Nicole into the house, her daughter still cuddled close to her.

“Thank god!” Geoff exclaimed rushing forwards towards his baby girl as relief surged through his entire being, so concentrated on Angelica he barely noticed Nicole until he was right beside her and she

tightened her grasp on their baby.

“Please don’t take her from me” she pleaded, her big blue eyes scared confused.

“Ok” he whispered, in that moment wanting to hold Nicole as close as he did their baby, but he settled instead for rubbing tender circles over his daughter’s back and pressing a soft kiss to the top of her

head.

“I’m sorry” Nicole murmured without looking at him.

“You were asleep and I just wanted to be with her without having to explain myself...without having to know what it meant...because I don’t know before you ask”

“It’s ok” he told her sincerely, relieved not just to have his daughter back safe and sound but to see Nicole showing some interest at last even if she was completely baffled by it.

“You can spend as much time with her as you want, I’ve told you that...just tell me first next time hey?”

“Sorry” she apologised again with a weak smile before turning to the others.

“All of you...Liam said I scared you all to death, I just wasn’t thinking...”

“It’s ok princess” Aden smiled softly before placing a hand on Annie and Belle’s shoulders as they stood either side of him.

“How about we give these two some space hey?”

“You don’t have to do that” Geoff objected.

“We can go into my room yeah?” he asked Nicole, his eyes wide and expectant and rather than answer him verbally she simply carried Angelica into his room, perching on the edge of the bed as he slid

the door shut behind them.

“So” he began hesitantly as he balanced on the end of the bed next to her.

“I’m dying to ask what this means but you already said that you don’t know...”

“I wish it were simple” she told him in a whisper as she continued to keep a tight hold on their daughter who was twisting her fingers between strands of her mother’s blonde hair.

“I wish I knew what was right Geoff or at least I wish I could make a choice and commit to it one way or another...like you’ve done”

“I’m not doing a very good job of it though am I?” he grimaced as he ran his fingertips tenderly over his daughter’s chubby little arms.

“You’re doing your best Geoff” she sighed with a soft smile.

“And she seems happy enough”

“Nic, I’m exhausted all the time. So exhausted that I fell asleep and someone snatched her!”

“No” she laughed quietly.

I snatched her. There’s a difference”

“Yeah I got lucky this time but what about next time I take my eyes off her for a second Nic? There are people out there who would hurt her in a second and I’m meant to be protecting her from them! I

can’t even protect her“

“From her own mother?” she completed his sentence for him, her words so wounded they may as well have been dripping with blood.

“I was going to say inside our own house, I don’t need to protect her from you Nic”

“You say that but I can’t just flutter in and out of her life Geoff because in the end that will probably harm her more than me not being in it at all ever would. Trust me I know” she sighed, memories of

her own mother’s fleeting appearances in her childhood haunting her entire being.

“I can’t do this alone Nicole” he confessed sadly, his eyes tired and defeated.

“I’ve tried but you were right it’s so hard and I can’t expect everyone else to sacrifice their own lives to help. All Belle’s done since getting out of rehab is look after Angelica and that’s not fair on her,

she needs to concentrate on herself”

“What are you saying?”

“That we need to decide what we’re doing and whatever that is, we need to do it together” he told her in a low murmur.

“And what if we can’t agree? Which come on let’s be honest is pretty likely, we’ve never agreed on much before”

“True” his lips curved into an amused smirk.

“But this is about our baby Nic and we owe it to her to work things out”

“I do love her you know” she told him, needing to know that he knew that.

“I know” he smiled tenderly.

“And I know that everything you’ve done since she was born you’ve done because you thought it was the best thing for her”

“But I don’t think her being her in the Bay, without a mother, is the best thing for her” she admitted as the baby girl emitted a harsh cry and began to squirm in her arms.

“I never did really”

“I think she’s probably hungry, she missed a feed whilst you were out” Geoff offered an explanation for Angelica’s distress as the intensity of her screams increased.

“Can I feed her?” she asked hesitantly.

“Of course you can” he smiled as he rose to his feet.

“I’ll just get her bottl...oh you meant like that” his cheeks blushed a vivid scarlett as Nicole popped open the red buttons on the front of her dress.

She let out a chuckle at his embarrassment as she attempted to feed their daughter. She had no idea what she was doing but Angelica seemed to instinctively know and within a few minutes she was

happily suckling away as Geoff sat back down next to them.

“Don’t ever change Geoff” Nicole smiled genuinely up at him, his cheeks still flushed an unusual red hue.

“I have to don’t I?” he asked her knowingly.

“If I want you to stick around?”

“I’m not so sure anymore” she whispered honestly as she diverted her gaze back to their beautiful baby girl and he simply pressed his lips against her bare shoulder in a tender kiss.

Loved it!The whole conversation between Nicole and Liam and then Nicole and Geoff with the baby was just so sweet.I'm glad that they're sitting down and having a reasonable conversation about things.And embarrassed Geoff is always great.

Oh i loved it!

The beginning with Liam and Nicole was so good, I really felt for Nicole

The convo with Geoff and Nic too was very sweet and honest, i'm glad they seem to be abit more open about everything now

Cant wait to read more and find out what happens with the baby and what not!!! :D

That was brilliant, very much worth the wait.

Only problem with an update is the fact that they only satisfy for a short while before we are looking for the next bit.. haha :lol:

Really enjoyed it!

:)

That was fab Louise, great chapter

I liked the chat with Nicole and Liam, and with Geoff and Nicole, I'm glad that she has opened up to Geoff now.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next :D

Archived