On The Run

Guest matticus01

Thanks so much to................

Meg, Jody (And welcome), KaiyaBlake, Lise, looptroop, xknomex, Taniya, Laurzy, zoelouise and EVERYONE... everyone else who is following this fic, you guys mean the world to me

Chapter 11

A first kiss is a first relationship

“Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off.” – Raymond Chandler

“You went to so much trouble, it’s simply amazing,’ Belle smiled as she placed her knife and fork together on the left side of her empty plate and looked at Aden who had already polished off his plate and was staring at her.

“It’s all worth it Belle, every single bit of it...’ Aden replied as he reached across the table and and took Belle’s hands into his as they both looked deep into each other’s eyes.

Belle felt as her heart skipped a beat and tingles erupted throughout her body just from Aden’s touch. Butterflies started doing back flips inside his stomach. Aden smiled before getting to his feet and walking around to Belle and pulling her to her feet.

Moving them away from the table, he took Belle’s arms and placed them around the top of his neck before placing his arms gently around the bottom of her waist as he started dancing them around to no music.

“Aden... what, there’s no music...’ Belle giggled as Aden shrugged his shoulders and grinned broadly.

“Who needs music to dance?’ he said as he chuckled and began to hum incoherently out of tune as Belle began giggling as she bowed her head for a second before looking back up at him.

“Thank you, this is the... best... first date I’ve been on...’ she euphorically expressed as she gazed intently into his deep green eyes.

He looked into her eyes as Belle slowly moved one hand, reaching out to touch his cheek as she trailed her fingers down, meeting the edge of his face. They gazed at each other for a long moment, which felt like hours to both of them.

Slowly Aden leant in, stopping mere inches away from Belle’s face and lifted one hand, cupping her cheek and leaning in, capturing her lips into a tender, slow kiss at first.

Belle’s eyes fluttered shut as Aden tilted his head and Belle automatically followed, tilting her head the opposite way. Aden pulled away for only a second before capturing her lips again in a more passionate kiss.

Moving forward, Belle felt her body hard up agaisnt Aden’s as everything seemed to disappear and every problem felt so small as they embraced each other passionately.

She walked into the Diner and looked around before making her way over to the counter and waiting as an older woman with red hair emerged carrying two plates.

“Colleen...!’ the woman heard the red haired lady bellow. “Customers,’

An older looking woman, quite short and bigger looking waddled out from what she gathered was the kitchen. White hair and wrinkles.

“Can I help you?’ the older woman named Colleen asked as the red haired woman raced back past into the kitchen and out of sight.

“Yes, well I hope so,’ her voice was so loving and tender as she removed her hand bag from her shoulder and reached inside, pulling out a photo of some sort.

“I was wondering if you have seen this girl around?’

Her eyes fluttered open as she yawned and rubbed her eyes as they began to adjust to the light in the darkened room. She was lying on her side, crunched up in a ball as she felt a secure pair of arms around her lower waist.

She pushed herself up onto one elbow and leant over, turning on the lamp before craning her head behind her before half smiling and lying back down on the bed as her head rested against the pillow. Monouvering her body so she was now facing him, she began to stroke his cheek as he stirred and opened his eyes.

“Hey you...’ he whispered as she smiled and leant down, kissing his lips tenderly and running her fingers through his mangled brown hair.

“Hey yourself,’ she replied as she looked into his groggy brown eyes.

“What time is it?’ he asked as he yawned.

Looking over his shoulder, she red the big red numbers on her alarm clock.

“10:00,’ she said as she looked out of her bedroom door and saw that the hall way light was still off and no light was coming from downstairs.

“Belle musn’t be home yet,’ she said as she pushed herself up off the bed and ran her fingers through her own tangled, blonde hair. “Do you want a drink?’

“No I’m right babe,’ he said as Matilda nodded and made her way out the door and downstairs and straight into the kitchen.

Opening the fridge door, a light illuminated the room and half of the lounge room as she pulled out a bottle of water and spun around to grab a glass from the cupboard.

She stopped in her tracks as she saw a person’s shadow moving from inside the lounge room. She froze as she dropped the bottle of water.

-------------------------------------

He heard something being dropped from in the kitchen as he frowned and climbed from the bed and walked to the bedroom door. Poking his head out the door, he waited to see if Mattie was calling out to him as a piercing scream suddenly erupted throughout the house.

“Mattie...’ Ric yelled as he moved in such a flash that he almost fell down the stairs to try and find out what was going on.

The next day

------------------

She hesitantly walked into the school as Lucas’s soothing words and arm helped her. She felt everyone staring at her, at her face.

What were they thinking? Do they think I deserved this? Did I deserve this? She thought to herself as her feet struggled to move.

“Cass, it’s ok, he wont come here, Rachel already called the school,’ Lucas re-assured her as she felt her chest so tight that her heart was beating outside of her chest.

“That wont stop him...’ she whispered too fast and scared as Lucas stepped in front of her and took both her hands in his.

“You can do this... I know you can,’ he coaxed as he looked deep into Cassie’s good eye and nodded as he took a step back but kept hold of her hands as she forced herself to take a step forward.

“See, you already are,’ he said as the sound of a door slamming made her jump almsot a foot high as her breathing became sudden and eratic and tears welled up in her eyes so fast and began falling down her delicate cheeks.

“It was just a door Cass, just a door,’ he tried to soothe her as she kept shaking her head and trying to pull out of Lucas’s grip, with no success.

“I cant... I cant,’ she kept whispering as she vigorously shook her head.

“I cant do this!’

Chapter 12

Who was in the house?

Cassie is not coping and turns to an unlikely person

The mystery person is revealed... who's mother is she?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much Taniya............

Im glad you like it so much

another chappy

Chapter 12

I’m scared, please dont leave me

“Deep in my heart I'm concealing things that I'm longing to say. Scared to confess what I'm feeling - frightened you'll slip away.” – Madonna

The car tyres screeched as hands shook violently, trying to unbuckle the seat belt. Finally she un clipped it and bolted out the car door, through the gate and up the path as she screamed through the door so fast yelling out Matilda’s name.

Stopping to a halt, she saw Matilda and Ric on the sofa and the two witness protection officers sitting opposite them as she bolted over to the couch, almost slipping as she halted and bound into Mattie’s arms, almost knocking the couch backwards as Matilda cried in her best friends arms.

“Are you ok...?’ Belle asked after she finally pulled away and stroked Matilda’s blonde hair, pushing a piece back behind her hear as Matilda choked back a sob and dilatory nodded before wiping her eyes.

Belle sighed defensively as tears stung her eyes and she leant forward, embracing Matilda into a warm hug once more.

“I’m just glad your ok,’ Belle whispered to her best friend as both girls refused to let go of one another as Ric got to his feet and saw Aden standing at the door.

Walking over to Aden, Ric stood beside him and pet his shoulder as Aden looked at him and smiled.

“How is Mattie,’ Aden asked, sounding concerned as Ric nodded.

“She’s ok now,’ Ric replied as he looked over at both of the girls and smiled for a moment. “How was your date with Belle?’ Ric asked curioously as Aden couldn’t keep the smile off his lips any longer.

“It was... perfect...’ Aden revealed as he looked over at Belle who was talking to Matilda, voice lowered so no one could hear them. “She’s the most... amazing... girl I’ve ever met...’

“I know how you feel mate, when I heard Mattie scream last night my heart was pounding, I didn’t know if she was hurt, crying or what,’ Ric replied as Aden looked at him and nodded solemnly.

“So who was here?’ Aden was now curious as Ric shrugged his shoulders.

“Dont know, door was open when I got down, Mattie’s screaming must have scared him off, although a bunch of photo’s are gone of the girls,’ Ric said as Aden felt sudden anger shred through his body and worry for Belle and Matilda.

She sat outside, listening to the birds chirping happily in the trees above. Taking in the scent of fresh salt air and the smell of fresh roses behind her in the pots. Holding a cup of hot coco in the palms of her hands as she bought the cup up to her swallon and cut lip and took a small sip, wincing as her face was still tender.

She sat the cup on her thigh and moved one hand into her jeans pocket, pulling out her mobile phone as she began sifting through the names in her phone book. She finally found the person she was looking for and pressed the dial button, bringing the phone up to her ear as she heard the constant ‘ring ring’ before someone finally answered.

“Hey, yeah I’m ok... Listen are you friends with that witness protection girl? Can you bring her over to Rachel’s I need to talk to her, ok bye...’ she spoke softly before hanging up and returning her gaze back to the birds in the trees.

Her daughter was here, finally she could see her, after so long of not even being aloud to speak, she was finally going to see her beautiful daughter. She pulled the photo out of her bag as she sat in the motel that she had rented for the night.

Looking at the beautiful girl, smiling broadly in the photo, sitting on her side with her hands in her lap. It had only been taken last year, just before she was rudely ripped away from her.

Stroking the long blonde hair in the photo, Beth finally smiled.

“I’ll see you soon Mattie... real soon sweetheart!’

“You cant let this ruin your life,’ Belle spoke soothingly to Cassie as both girls sat in Cassie’s room at Rachel’s house. “If you let what your father did to you... you will never get over it, and you’ll always be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life... do you want that?’

Cassie shook her head. “Of course not but... I dont know how I can get through this by myself...’ tears stung Cassie’s eyes as she clasped her hands together.

“Your not alone, you have Lucas, Rachel, Ric, Aden and if you ever need to talk, I’m here...’ Belle cautiously stated as Cassie looekd at her, shocked that she had included herself or even want to be there.

“How do you do it, I mean the whole witness protection stuff?’ Cassie asked as Belle sighed and gently sat her hand on Cassie’s wrist.

“I take it one day at a time, and I believe I will come out the other side of this...’

He peaked through the window to see if anyone was home, waiting for a second before seeing no movement. Making his way to the front door of the house, he took a deep breath before lifting his foot and kicking at the door as it reefed open and slammed up against the wall inside as the wall shuddered.

Walking in, he looked around before making his way to the stairs and beginning to climb them. Once he was at the top, he looked down the hall and saw three doors, walking towards them he peered in the first door before walking in. He looked at the side table and noticed a photo of an older woman with short brown hair and brown eyes.

“Matilda...’ he emphasized before walking over to her draw and opening the top one. Picking up a bra and matching pair of underpants, he sat them against his face and felt the fabric. Closing the door he walked over to her bed and neatly sat them on the end of the bed before pulling a note out of his pocket and sitting it above the bra and underpants.

Exiting that room, he moved onto the next one and smiled broadly, his one golden tooth appearing through his grin.

“Belle...’ he said as he walked over to her draw and also opened the top one. Instead of just picking a pair, he searched, like he was looking for something spacific before his grin widened and he pulled out a velvet black and purple bra with matching underpants.

Leaving the draw open, he then walked over to her wardrobe and opened it before scanning his eyes over the contents inside. Finally his eyes rested on what he wanted as he pulled it out.

Walking over to the bed he placed the garments neatly at the end before pulling out of his pocket a photo. He felt euphoric inside as he new he was close to getting what he wanted as he sat the photo at the top of where he had placed the garments.

Walking out of Belle’s room he then pulled out a spray can and stared at the blank wall heading back down toward the stairs before he popped the lid and began spraying in red spray paint along it.

Chapter 13

Beth finally see's Matilda... how will they react after so long?

Belle and Aden's relationship is heating up...

Belle breaks down... again

someone is taken hostage

Thanks guys, Red Ranger, this chapter explains alot.

Prepare for a pretty long chappy :)

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Chapter 13

This is never going to end, ever!

In a life which is completely your own, you never know when it will end until the end is near and you fall into eternal blackness. – Myself

“Your amazing, you know that?’ Aden kissed the side of Belle’s cheek as they made their way up the path as they heard two more voice’s. Belle craned her head and saw Matilda and ric walking through the gate behind them.

“Hey!’ Belle exclaimed as Matilda waved at her best friend as Matilda and Ric caught up to Belle and Aden.

Unlocking the front door, they all walked in, Matilda, Ric and Aden all racing towards the couch as Belle ran upstairs, needing to go to the toilet badly. Jumping up the last stair she swung a left and bolted down the hallway, not taking any notice of the red writing on the wall as she ran into the bathroom.

Emerging a couple of minutes later, feeling what seemed a litre lighter she began walking back down the hall as the red writing caught the corner of her eye. Stopping she turned and looked at the writing, eyes wide in shock and fear.

“G – guys!’ Belle stuttered through a half a yell as footsteps could be heard along with the climbing of stomping feet on the stairs. As everyone turned the corner they all stopped in their tracks as they saw the red writing on the wall.

“I told you, you cant hide!’

---------------------------------------

Police surrounded the house, forensic officers looked over the whole house, gathering evidence from the red paint on the wall, from the garments left in Belle and Matilda’s room and the front and back door and all the windows which were accessible.

Prints had been lifted from the front door, the garments and a piece of hair had also been found on the garment from her wardrobe.

A visibly shaken Belle and Matilda sat on the couch with Aden and Ric beside them both, comforting them. No one talked and no one knew what to think.

A clear, visible voice made Matilda look up as she recognized that soft tone of voice from outside the front door. She listened closely, hearing what the voice was saying.

“My daughter is in there and I want to see her, why can’t you understand that?’

“I’m sorry ma’am but I cannot let you in,’ a police officer explained.

“Do you have children officer, because you dont understand what I have gone through since my daughter got taken away from me...’

Pushing herself away from Ric as he looked surprised at her movement, he watched as she pushed her way through all the police officers and out the front door.

---------------------------

She pushed herself through the crowd of police officers and found her way to the front door as she walked outside.

Standing there, in front of her was her mother. Beth Hunter, she was actually here, in person. Her brown hair which looked like it had been cut short since Matilda had left, her deep brown eyes and tall but medium figure looked back at Matilda as she smiled that smile a mother had when she hadn’t seen her child in so long.

“Mum...’ Mattie said stunned as Beth nodded.

“Hello sweetheart...’ Beth replied as Matilda sttod shocked for a moment before racing into her mother’s arms as she began to cry, Beth soothing her as she rubbed the back at Matilda’s hair with her hand and kissed her daughter’s forehead.

“I’ve missed you,’ Matilda wept as Beth nodded.

“I’ve missed you too sweetheart,’ Beth replied as she wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter, never, ever wanting to let go of her again.

-----------------------------------

Belle, Aden, Ric, Matilda and Beth all sat inside as the last of the police uniforms left, leaving only a couple of officers behind.

A woman, tall, Olive brown skin and dark brown hair and blue eyes walked over.

“Belle, Matilda. I’m constable Charlie Buckton. From the evidence we have collected from both break and enter’s we have concluded that they were both different people. The first guy was just a petty theft crim, jewellery, photo’s, t.v’s, that sort of thing. But, you have been found from a piece of hair left on one of Belle’s garments he left on her bed.’ Charlie explained carefully to the girls as Ric, Aden and Beth all listened on carefully.

“So what now? We move to another town, we get kept safe like all you idiots have promised us and yet we still get found,’ Matilda was starting to get angry. She was sick of moving around all the time, sick of moving from place to place, being promised they will be safe and then being found and having to move again. Being promised a normal life.

No... Mattie had had enough.

“I cant do this anymore...’ she had finally snapped as she got to her feet and started pacing as Belle jumped up and ran over to Mattie, gripping each side of her shoulder and forcing her to stop.

“Were not going anywhere...’ Belle looked Matilda in the eyes sternly, nodding as she rubbed her hands up and down Matilda’s arms. “We are going to stay and fight this time, even if it means we need more protection and those people close to us and around us,’ She yelled sternly to tears began to fall down Matilda’s cheeks as she nodded to her friend.

“I want to stay here, but I dont want anyone to get hurt,’ Matilda sobbed as Belle pulled her into a tight embrace and rubbed the back of her hair gently.

Later that night

----------------------------

Belle was lying down in her room, hand propped underneath her head with her eyes closed when there was a gentle tap on the door. Opening her eyes she watched as the door opened and someone’s head appread around the door.

“Aden...’ she let her lips purse into a smile as he smiled bakc before pushing the door open and walking in, holding two cups of what smelt like coffee in his hands.

“Thought you might like this...’ he said as he walked over to the side of the bed and plopped himself down beside Belle as she pushed herself into a sitting position and accepted the hot cup from Aden’s hand’s.

“Thank you, just what I need,’ she mumbled with a sigh as she took a small sip from the hot cup.

“How are you holding up, really?’ Aden looked concerned about Belle, she had held it together so well since finding the message on the wall that she looked like she wasn’t going to slow down any time soon.

“Um, ok, I guess...’ Belle mumbled as she bought the hot cup up to her lips once more and took another sip as she lifted her eyes to meet Aden’s worried gaze. “Really...’ she said.

“I’m ok,’

Aden looked at her for a moment before nodding and taking a sip from his own drink.

They lay on the bed facing each other, Aden’s right arm over Belle’s lower waist and Belle’s left arm over Aden’s waist. Both their heads were propped on the pillows as they gazed longingly into one another’s eyes, both with a half hearted smile placading their lips.

There legs were entwined in each other and Belle was moving her foot around as she toyed with Aden’s leg.

Everything else seemed to disappear as Aden leaned in and placed a soft, delicate kiss on Belle’s pink lips. Belle’s eyes fluttered shut from just Aden’s touch as he gently parted her lips with his tongue, slowly sliding it inside her mouth and moving it around.

Moving his arm away from her waist, he cupped her cheek with his hand and rubbed back and forth the one spot with his thumb. Parting his lips from hers for a moment, he watched as she hungrily licked her lips, her eyes still shut as her breathing had quickened a fraction.

Moving in, he kissed her again, this time more hard as his tongue glided into her mouth and she let slip a elated moan as she let her hand begin to roam up the inside of his t-shirt, up against his hard indented torso and monouvering her hand around and gliding her hand up and down his back.

Pushing himself closer to her as their bodies entwined against each other like a jigsaw puzzle as they both let their hands roam over the curves, dents and mountains of each other.

Belle let out another, more louder moan as she pushed herself harder against him, feeling his john harden in delight. Aden snapped as he pushed himself on top of her as she parted her legs and let him fit between her as their tongue’s fought hard agaisnt each other, feeling the inside of one another’s mouth like a lolly pop.

Breathing quickning quite fast as Belle tugged at Aden’s shirt and lifted it over his arms and head, throwing it away, not knowing where it landed as she then began to unbuckle his belt, ripping it out as it slapped against his hips before too tossing that to one side.

Sitting on his knees’ he too pulled Belle up and pulled her top over her head, tossing it too, to one side before they pushed themselves back down onto the pillow as a puff sound was heard.

Clothing being tossed all over the place as the rest of Belle and Aden’s clothing was removed. Belle hugging him tightly as she ran her hands over his back before gently opening her legs to let Aden in.

A small gasp escaped her lips in the second that he had entered as a ping of excitement erupted throughout her entire body, cringing her fingers into Aden’s back as he slowly moves, as not to hurt her.

He opened his eyes and looked around the darkened room as he felt her body closely entwined into his, no space between them. His arm wrapped tightly around her waist as not to let her go, feeling as she took in small breath’s before letting them go.

He pushed himself up from the bed, re-adjusting his boxers as they had tangled around his body. He pet around for the side lamp and finally found it as he switched it on, instantly blinding him as he placed his hand over his eyes and began to rub them vigorously. Looking over at the bundle of blonde hair and that sleeping head on the pillow.

Walking over to the door, he opened it and exited the room, racing to the toilet. He really shouldn’t have had that last coffee before he and Mattie headed to bed. Walking past Belle’s room, he suddenly heard a erradicated moan from the other side of the wall’s.

Grinning suddenly, he shook his head, wishing he didn’t need to go to the toilet before racing toward the door he was looking for.

The next morning

-------------------------

She unlocked the front door, a smile plastered across her lips as she opened it and walked outside to gather the paper for that day before she headed to school.

Feeling quiet sore, she crossed her arms over her chest as the cool frosty air hit her body, her silk purple dressing gown doing nothing to kee her warm.

She found the paper on the front path as she ran over to it and picking it up, she quickly turned and raced back inside the house before pushing the door as it shut. Sitting on the lounge she opened it up, stopping as her eyes focused on a white piece of paper with red writing amogst the grey paper with black writing.

She picked up the piece of paper as her eyes scanned the note in front of her.

Horror etching every feature of her now solemn face.

“How did it feel, losing your virginity?’

Tears appeared in her eyes and flowed freely down her cheeks.

How did this guy know she was a virgin?

A loud constant banging on the door made her jump as her tired eyes moved toward the door. Groaning in displeasure she pushed the duvet off her and climbed out of bed, rubbing her tired eyes and running her hand through her short brown hair.

“Coming...’ came her soft, croaky voice as she placed her hand on the door knob and began to toggle with the locks.

“Beth Hunter?’ a voice came from through the door as she cleared her throat.

Finally toggling with the last lock, she turned the handle and pulled the door open.

“Yes...?’ she asked, staring at a hooded man.

“It’s time to die...’ he said calmly, pulling a knife from under his hoodie.

Chapter 14

will Beth die?

Ric has a proposition for Matilda... but what?

Cassie confronts her father... with serious repercussions

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!

Everyone who is still a little confused, hopefully wont be in this chapter, it provides a lot of insight into everything so I hope you enjoy

I want to thank everyone who has stuck with this fic so far, and welcome all the people who have only just began commenting!

Well here it is...

Chapter 14

The nightmare begins

“'History,' Stephen said, 'is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake” – James Joyce

Her hands began to shake as the tears streamed down her cheeks. Letting the piece of paper slip out of her hands as it fluttered down to the floor in front of her. Staring forward as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs before she felt a muscular pair of arms wrap themself around her neck before a blonde head of hair appeared on the left side of her shoulder, kissing her cheek tenderly before noticing her tear stained eyes and now fully shaking form.

“Belle... whats wrong?’ Aden asked as he released her grip and walked around the side of the couch before spotting the white piece of paper on the floor and picking it up, his eyes scanning it carefully before he returned his gaze back to her.

“How... was he here last night?’ Aden muttered through astonishment as Belle wiped the tears from her face.

“Must’ve been,’ she whispered as Aden sat down beside her and let the paper fall down beside him.

“How does... how does this guy know you were a virgin?’ he questioned as Belle lowered her head and closed her eyes in an attempt for get everything, with great failure.

“He knows... knew...’ Belle corrected herself before looking up at him with puffy red eyes. “He knew because he’s... he’s my ex boyfriend...’

The emergency doors burst open as the bed was wheeled through with two ambulance officers yelling loudly as Rachel raced toward the person on the bed.

“Beth Hunter, 35 years old, multiple stab wounds to the chest, back, abdoman and groin, found tacky cardic at scene,’

“Ok, call theatre at once, get them prepped and ready. I want a bag of saline, her blood type and bags of blood ready and... and find her next of kin,’ Rachel screamed as she grabbed a bunch of gauze, along with another five nurses and began to apply pressure to Beth’s stab wounds.

Checking her pulse, she could barely feel it as Beth struggled to breathe. “How the hell is she still alive,’ Rachel was stuned as a nurse raced back in.

“Theatre is ready for her,’

They were walking along the beach, giving Aden and Belle some time alone after what Belle had received earlier that morning. Although Ric was curious, he didn’t push Matilda for any information, but... what ever was going on was affecting her big time, as well as Belle.

“Mattie...’ Ric finally spoke as as Matilda stopped and looked at him as he also stopped. “What ever’s going on...’

“I dont want you getting involved...’ she told him confidently as Ric smiled broadly at her, happy that she was trying to keep him out of trouble.

“I’m already involved Mattie... I want you to be safe,’ he replied sternly as Matilda sighed as she took a couple of steps toward him and wrapped her arms firmly around the top of his back, digging her head into his muscular chest as she closed her eyes. Feeling his arms wrap around her protectively as he kissed the top of her forehead.

“I just want it to be over Ric...’ Mattie was broken as she began to explain everything to Ric.

[Flashback]

“I know he wants more but... I’m not ready to give it to him Mattie... I’m not ready to lose a part of myself.’

“Then you have to tell him Belle... If he’s pressuring you for sex then he’s not much of a boyfriend then is he... tell him,’ Matilda explained to her best friend as both girls sat in Belle’s bedroom.

“But what if he breaks up with me,’ Belle muttered in self pitty as Matilda scoffed.

“If he does that, he doesn’t really love you, does he?’

[End flashback]

They were sitting on the beach, fingers entwined through each other, Matilda leaning in against Ric’s side as he had his other arm around her shoulders. Matilda looked up at him as he took in what she had just told him.

“So he was Belle’s ex boyfriend...’

“So I went to talk to him, tell him I wasn’t ready for sex, that I wanted to wait and just keep things as it was,’ Belle and Aden were sitting on the couch, Belle’s legs crossed facing him as he held onto her hands supportively.

“I walked into his house, because the door was open and... I found him having sex... with my fourteen year old sister,’ Belle let a laugh escaped her lips as she shook her head in desbelief.

“I found my boyfriend... having sex with my sister, my fourteen year old sister. I ran over and pulled him off her, started slapping him, punching his chest and then I... I kneed him in the groin and watched,’ another laugh escaped her mouth, but this laugh sounded more elated as Aden grinned at her.

“I watched him fall to the ground in agony... thats when my sister told me, it had been going on for months so I slapped her and left. I went straight to Mattie’s...’

[Flashback]

She stormed through the door, startling Matilda as the tears screamed down her cheeks.

“He cheated on me, that... BASTARD... cheated on me, WITH MY SISTER...’ Belle screamed as Matilda jumped up from the couch and clutched Belle’s arms and held them.

“Belle, calm down...’ Matilda tried to sooth her friend as Belle suddenly flung her arms up in the air.

“MY SISTER...’ Belle screamed, almost knocking Matilda back onto her butt before turning around and storming back out the door.

“Belle...’ Matilda screamed after her friend. “Belle... wait...’ and with that, Matilda ran after her.

[End flashback]

“His name is Daniel John Matthew Turner and... I saw him kill my sister,’ The tears formed in Belle’s eyes as her body began to shake uncontrollably once again.

Aden gasped as his mouth widened in a disbelieving stare.

[Flashback]

“Belle, wait,’ Belle could hear Matilda’s voice behind her but she was too angry to stop. She wanted to find him, she wanted to hurt him like he had hurt her. She could hear Matilda’s strong voice calling to her from behind, running to catch up with her as she rounded the corner.

Thats when she saw him, hovering over the top of her lifeless body, a kife clutched in his hand as crimson red blood seeped, dripping onto the pavement. No movement as he walked around the body, scanning everything he had done.

Matilda rounded the corner and almost ran into Belle, puffing as her heart pounded from her chest before letting out a gasp.

Everything felt like going in slow motion, Matilda grabbing Belle’s arm, Daniel looking up, angry stretched across every inch of his face, not a hint of sorrow for what he had done. Matilda letting out a ear deafining, piercing scream.

Belle screaming out her sister’s name as her lifeless body and his stood perfectly still under the power light which shon brightly, illuminating the dark red blood lying around her body.

------------------

"RUN, GO, FASTER... DON'T LOOK BACK JUST GO BELLE, GO!"

The echoed footsteps on the pavement sounded louder in the night as the two girls ran as fast as their feet could carry them. There hearts pumped out of their chest so hard they felt like they were being stabbed...

Stabbed...

"GO, HE'S CATCHING UP, GO, GO, GO, RUN" Her echoed scream ran through her best friends head over and over again as she heard loud running footsteps behind them getting closer. Both girls were holding each others hands, making sure not to let go because if he got one, he got both of them...

But then, the girl with long blonde hair and baby blue eyes tripped and almost took the girl named Belle with her.

"COME ON, GET UP MATTIE...' The girl named Belle screamed at her friend, tugging her arm so fiercly she could have ripped it out of the blonde haired girl named Matilda's socket. Pulling her to her feet, they both began running once more, out of breath and legs aching so much that they were beginning to cramp up.

Running so fast they could have won a sports game, they turned the corner, knowing exactly where they were heading and saw the illuminated blue and white box standing on a pole.

"Come one...' Belle said panting as their feet began to drag. "Were almsot there...'

Both girls started screaming out as loud as they could above there panting and now aching bodies. "HELP, HELP US, PLEASE, SOMEBODY...!'

[End flashback]

Aden moved across the couch and pulled Belle into a tight embrace as she sobbed uncontrollably into Aden’s chest, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist as she closed her eyes tightly, the tears escaping through the lids of her eyes.

She stood out the front of the house as memories flooded back through her. Lucas finding her, everything she had put up with her father over the years. How she had to witness her father beat her mother senseless, until she had the guts to pack up and leave.

But she made a mistake, she didn’t take Cassie with her, promised Cassie she would be ok, that she would come back for her as soon as she could. But that never happened.

Taking a deep breath, Cassie looked down at her shaking hands before slowly walking toward the house.

She got to the front door, pulling her key from her pocket and placing it in the front door before turning the lock and walking inside.

Instantly she could smell stale alcohol, so that meant her father had gone back to the drink, and cigarette’s, not them too...

She pushed the door shut behind her and stood still for a moment before yelling out.

“Dad!’

The sudden movement from the kitchen made her jump as a figure appeared in the kitchen doorway, unshaven, dirty, sweaty face. Ragged and tousled hair and his flanny which was half tucked in at the front of his jeans and blood shot red eyes.

“Cassie...’ the clearly shocked and drunk man stuttered as he held onto the side of the kitchen door frame for support, back hunched over in defeat.

“Drowning your pity again are you, your guilt for driving everyone you supposed to love away... typical...’ she spat as she crossed her arms over her chest, feeling it as a kind of defensive mechanism.

“Where were you?’ her father’s husk voice croaked and sounded like sand paper, most likely from the alcohol.

“Trying to figure out why you use your fists to release your anger, trying to figure out why you use me as your god damn punching bag. You drove mum away... YOU... USED HER... AS A PUNCHING BAG, as your release... and you drove her away... you dont deserve a family...’ Her contemt disgust in him was clearly showing as she took a step toward him.

“You... know nothing!’ her father instantly spat back, his husky voice startling her nonchantly as his eyes narrowed and he balled his hand into fists.

“You... bloody... spoilt... *****...’ he screamed as he bound toward her, stumbling as she didn’t have time to react to what was happening as he grabbed her by the hair and flung her to his right, into the wall as the corner of her face hit it hard, sending her straight back into her father’s arms.

“Mattie... I want to ask you something, I know its a long shot but I just want you to be safe so... why dont you move in with me and my family, just until the cops catch this guy...’ Ric said as they were walking back along the beach, hand in hand, both holding their thongs as the water tickled their feet.

“I appreciate the offer Ric, and if I knew that your family was going to be safe, having me there I would say yes but I dont want anything to happen to the people you care about...’ Matilda hesitated as she tried to say the right thing.

“I care about you too Mattie...’ Ric interupted her as she smiled gently at him.

“At the moment, things are ok, he’s leaving little hints, trying to scare us, but we are ok for now... and anyway... Belle and I... we’ve been through everything together, were not going to split up now!’

Ric nodded in understanding and kissed the top of her hair gently.

“I think I love you...’ He blushed as Matilda looked up at him, smiling caringly at him before she blushed a little herself.

“I think I love you too...’

Well here it is...........

WARNING: CONTAINS VIOLENT THEME'S

Chapter 15

I cant do this...

“When you run and hide, coward is other’s first thought, but when you stand up... they just think your an idiot...!’ - myself

There was not a dry eye in the church that sad day. As Belle and Matilda took their seat, they glanced over at him, tears streaming down his cheeks as he kept his head firmly locked on the ground. Her favourite song “When dove’s cry’ was playing softly in the background as the coffin was carried in, down the middle of the church alter. As it reached the front, the 6 men placed it down softly before taking their seats.

Other’s slowly got to their feet and took things up, placing them on top of the coffin to be burried with it, teddy bears, amongst other things they had received from her and that she had bought for them.

A single tear rolled down Matilda’s left cheek, she didn’t know why. Tears were even forming in Belle’s eye’s but everyone else was crying so maybe it was catching.

A large photo sat on a paint frame of a beautiful young woman smiling broadly. Her brown hair sitting over her shoulders in a swept motion and her tanned skin glowing like perfection.

The music slowly died to a halt as the priest bega to speak.

‘We are here to celebrate the life of Cassie Turner, and grieve for the loss of this beautiful soul. Two days ago Cassie was found dead in her own home by her loving boyfriend of two years Lucas Holden. Lucas has given me something to read on his behalf.’ The priest spoke delicately.

‘Cassie was an amazing person, kind, caring, sometimes she was over the top on some things but she tried her best to give everyone a chance. When Cassie first found out that I liked her, I thought she was going to blow me off, but then I found something out... she liked me too, it was like all my dreams had come true at once. Cassie was not just my girlfriend, but also my best friend, my soul mate, and I will miss her dearly. I love you Cass, forever and always...’

[Flashback]

He could hear things being smashed inside and screaming, shouting, crying. His heart tightened as he raced toward the house and grabbing the handle to find it locked.

He raced over to the first window and peered through it as he saw Cassie get thrown through the glass coffee table, blooding seeping her entire body as another piercing scream could be heard.

He ran back over to the front door and pounded on it, screaming out her name but still nothing. In an instinct he pulled out his mobile and called the police and ambulance before throwing his phone to the side and resuming the banging on the front door.

The door was kicked in with a thud as the police ran in, bombarding the house as Lucas waited very impatiently until they yelled out for him and the paramedics to come in. The paramedics raced over to Cassie as we as Lucas and began their work on her, not knowing where to start, cuts, some very deep and some not so deep pierced her entire body. Her face was almost unrecognisable from swallon, bruised and bloodied face from where she had been beaten. She had a piece of glass sticking out of her wrist and was unconcious from losing so much blood and her legs had ended up underneath her back, which couldn’t be good.

Lucas broke down instantly as he look at his torn girlfriend.

“Please help her...’ her sobbed as Charlie Buckton entered the room and gasped as she saw Cassie. Walking over to Lucas she instantly put her arms around him as he broke down into uncontrollable sobs.

-----------------------------------

[End flashback]

Lucas was bought out of his daze as the music began playing again. The same 6 men walking back to the coffin and each taking a handle. All long distant family of Cassie’s had been chosen to be the paul bearers for the funeral. They started moving back down the hall as Lucas, Jack (who was Lucas’s brother and a police officer), Martha (Jack’s wife), Tony and Rachel (Lucas’s dad and step mum) followed right behind, soon followed by Matilda, Ric, Belle and Aden as everyone began to follow the paul bearers to the burial site.

They exited the door and Lucas’s eyes fell on the man responsible, Cassie’s father. He was hand cuffed and had four heavily armed police officers standing by and next to him, holding him tightly as he saw the coffin and Lucas saw his bottom lip quiver.

The coffin passed by him, the paul bearers not looking at her father once, but Lucas stopped, keeping his gaze on the coffin as he spoke.

“I hope your happy, you killed your own daughter, you ****ing murderer,’ he hissed as he began to walk away, everyone following, no one taking a look at the man who had killed Cassie Turner.

-----------------------------------------

They walked into the hospital, both still wearing the same clothes from the funeral. Overall, what a ****ty day! Matilda thought to herself as she and Belle walked toward the room her mum was in.

Matilda, gently tapping on the door waited for a reply and smiled when she heard a faint ‘come in’ before the pushed the door opened and entered.

“Hi sweetheart,’ Beth smiled as Matilda gave a small smile back, Belle giving a small wave to her best friends mother.

“How was the funeral?’ Beth asked.

Matilda looked up at her mother. “Awful...!’ she exclaimed. “Poor Lucas, Ric tried to keeo it together but you could tell he was upset, I mean they were good friends...’ Matilda sighed as she took her mothers hand in hers.

“Aden too...’ Belle piped in as Beth smiled sympathetically.

“And to top it off, her dad was there...’ Matilda scoffed as Beth’s eyes widened in shock. “I seriously thought Lucas was going to go him, but he kept his cool. Said a bit of nasty stuff which is understandable, didn’t even look at the guy...’ she sighed again as Belle lowered her head.

“I know what its like to lose someone you love...’ she said as a tear rolled down her cheek and she thought of her sister.

“Belle, dont blame yourself sweet,’ Beth spoke up before Matilda even had the chance too as she took Belle’s hand with her other free one. “He was bound to hurt someone, you cant go blaming yourself,’ empathizing was one of Beth’s strong points as she knew what it was like when Mattie had been taken from her.

“Yeah, Belle you cant blame yourself for what happened, I dont and Im sure mum doesn’t either,’ Matilda added her thought as Belle looked up before nodding and wiping away the tear.

“I guess your right...’

Aden and Ric were walking along the beach after the girls told them they were going to visit Beth. Ric had all sorts of thought’s running through his head. He didn;t understand how he could not have known about Cassie having so much trouble at home, how she didn;t display how unhappy she was.

Aden couldn’t help but think about what Lucas would be going through, losing his girlfriend after two years of them being together, witnessing Cassie’s father beat Cassie and seeing her bloodied body crumpled on the floor.

Neither of them saw the man walking toward them until he pulled out a knife.

“Whoa... man... what’s your problem...’ Aden said holding out his arms as Ric didn;t know what was happening.

“Your dead...’ the guy said as he moved toward the both of them, swinging the knife toward them as they back toward the water.

Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you all got a bit of a shock, thats what I was aiming for.

Chapter 16

The nightmare begins

“The evils of the body are, murder, theft, and adultery; of the tongue, lying, slander, abuse, and idle talk; of the mind, covetousness, hatred, and error.” – Buddah

They back toward the water, Ric going one way and Aden going the other, the man looking between them, trying to figure out which one to attack first. But they were too far apart. If he went for one, the other would have too much time to escape and yell or run for help.

Suddenly, it all happened in a flash as both Aden and Ric bound toward him as he swung around. Ric got close enough to jump on his back as the guy begun to swing around, trying to get him off his shoulder’s.

Aden ran toward him, punching him as hard as he could in his side as the guy let out a hair on end, piercing scream and fell onto his knee’s. Ric landing on top of him as he got up and began punching him everywhere.

Aden pulled him off, struggling to hold Ric back. “Dont.... mate you be as bad as him... lets go and call the cops...’ he yelled as he was scruffing Ric’s bonzee and his arm.

“We’d better get going mum, you need your rest...’ Matilda kissed her mother on her forehead as Beth squeezed her hand and nodded.

“I’ll see you soon sweetheart...’ Beth replied as Matilda nodded, her and Belle heading toward the door. Turning around, Matilda smiled.

“I’m just glad your ok, mum,’

Beth smiled, a glint of overwhelming happiness in her eyes. “Me too sweetheart, me too.’

As both girls walked out of the hospital, they saw two males running toward them. Both looking like they were running from someone and as Matilda and Belle stopped to watch, they finally noticed who they were.

“Aden, Ric...’ both girls yelled out at the same time as the boys raced toward them and finally skidded to a halt, panting heavily as they struggled to form words.

“We... at... attacked...’ Aden muttered, trying to slow his breathing down as he closed his eyes.

“Aden... Aden slow down... breathe...’ Belle said as she rested her hand on his back and watched him rest his hands on his knees before looking up at both girls.

“We were attacked at the beach...’ Aden finally said as both Belle’s and Matilda’s eyes widened.

“We have to get you... out of the public...’ Ric muttered as he pulled Matilda into him, hugging her protectively as she hugged him back, digging her head into the crook of his neck and closing her eyes, taking in the scent of his cologne, glad that she could still hug him, smell him, kiss him.

Which was the next thing she did. Pulling back, looking up into his eyes before placing a soft, tender kiss on his lips.

Aden, after moments, found his breath and stood up properly, looking into Belle’s worried eyes before gently, stroking the side of her cheek.

“Lets get you girls home, safe,’ he muttered quietly as Belle nodded.

He sat outside his house, staring at a photo. A photo of him and Cassie sitting on one of the park bench’s near the beach. They were both sitting on their side’s, Lucas hand one arm around Cassie’s lower back and his other arm sitting on Cassie’s thigh. Cassie leaning into him and is kissing his cheek.

Happy times!

But now everything was going down hill. She was dead, and Lucas wasn’t there to do anything to help her, when she needed him most, he wasn’t there.

A single tear rolled down his cheek as more tears seemingly followed. Wiping them away he climbed to his feet and walked inside where he placed the photo back on the table, picking up his house key and walking out, pulling the door shut behind him.

“Jack... you need to see this...’ Charlie Buckton spoke as she walked up to Lucas’s older brother and handed him a piece of paper.

“What is it?’ Jack asked taking the paper from Charlie’s hands.

“It’s Cassie Turner’s family tree. Look who is on it... it took a bit of digging around but this came up...’ Charlie said as at first, Jack struggled to see the connection that Charlie had found.

And then he saw it.

“Are you serious...?’ Jack was completely stunned as Charlie nodded.

“Daniel John Matthew Turner... is Cassie Turner’s twin brother...?’

They walked down the street, every one looking behind them every couple of minutes as they finally came to the house. Aden opened the gate as both boys let Matilda and Belle race in before Aden and Ric entered. By the time they got up the path, Belle already had the key on the lock.

Unlocking the dead bolt which the police had installed as an extra precaution, Belle opened the door just as Ric heard his and Aden’s name. Spinning around, all four of them saw Lucas standing at the gate, a bottle of some sort of liquir in his hand and Lucas looking like he was having trouble standing on his two feet.

“Get him inside...’ Belle sympathized as Aden ran toward Lucas who stumbled forward, pulling the gate open and grabbing his friend.

“He cant be alone, not after all this...’ Belle said to Matilda as Matilda nodded in agreement.

They all entered the house as Belle poked her head back outside before taking a quick look around. Closing the door she bolted the dead lock, just to make sure.

Today was not going to be another murder, not if she could help it.

He sat in the car down the road, binoculars pressed up to his eyes as he saw the front door of the house closed. Lowering the binoculars he picked up the file sitting on the passenger seat and opened it, reading its contents profusely.

Seeing the white envelope out of the file, he opened it and reached inside, grinning broadly as he pulled out a set of keys.

It was time to make my move. He thought to himself.

ok so finally............

the next chapter, I think it is pretty long but hope you like all the same.

WARNING: CONTAINS VIOLENCE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Chapter 17

Dead and buried, but not forgotten

“In life, only one thing can keep you from making a mistake, but who can stop you from making it?’ – Myself

The windows hissed loudly and the roof rocked uncontrollably as the storm was picking up outside.

Lucas had drunkenly passed out on the couch, a bottle of whiskey in his tight grasp, refusing to let it go, even as much as Aden and Ric had tried. Snoring loudly and mumbling occasionally to himself before snoring to himself once again.

Belle, Matilda, Aden aden Ric were sitting at the kitchen table talking amogst themselve’s.

“So did you call the cops?’ Belle asked as Aden nodded.

“They told us to come and get you and get out of the public...’ so we bolted and thats when we ran into you as you were walking out of the hospital,’ Ric replied as Matilda got up from her chair and walked over to the cupboard, pulling out some chocolate biscuits and flicking the switch on the kettle before taking her place in her seat.

“I want to know if it was David...’ Belle muttered under her breath, just loud enough for Aden to hear.

“It doesn’t matter who it was, the fact is, were safe, you two are safe, and Lucas... is drunk and passed out...’

“I’m just glad he didn’t hurt either of you,’ Matilda was exhausted as she downed the rest of her drink. “That storm is really picking up outside, I think you guys should stay here again, and Luc too,’

Belle nodded in agreement. “Yeah and I wont worry as much if were all together,’ Aden laughed at her statement as she blushed a crimson red and hit him playfully on the arm.

“Hey I’m a girl being stalked, I’m aloud to worry,’ she moaned as everyone broke out in fits of laughter, including Matilda.

“How the hell, has everyone that has been protecting those girls, not have found out about this,’ Jack was fuming as he paced back and forth in Charlie Buckton’s office, hand running though his hair in frustration as all his pent up anger was beginning to over boil.

“The only thing I can think of is if... someone else was helping him,’ Charlie replied as she felt dizzy watching Jack.

“I have... I have a pregnant wife and my family living in this town... I want this guy caught and the FBI obviously arn’t doing anything to protect these girls. I want uniforms patrolling that street every ten minutes and a perminant car just down the road from the house,’ Jack was roaring as he threw the file back on Charlie’s desk and stormed out of her office.

The sudden noise from Charlie’s computer made her look up. On the screen was ‘One recieved message’

Clicking on her mouse she opened it up and began to read it, scanning her eyes over it a couple of times before it actually sunk in.

Jumping up from her chair she ran out the door. “Jack...’ she yelled as he spun around and looked at her.

“I think your going to want to read this...’

The darkened clouds in the sky clapped together grumpily, sending off bouts of thunder throughout the sky as mere seconds later the whole sky was lit up, fork lightning illuminating every second of the sky.

Rain started pouring down, ricketing hard against the roof’s, windows, doors, blowing every which way except straight down as the power started flickering.

“Oh greeeeeeeeeeat.’ Belle moaned as she looked up, watching as the lights flickered on and off for a few seconds before returning to normal. “This’ll be just what we need,’ she mumbled to herself as Aden came back downstairs with two torches he had found as Matilda came down behind him holding another one that she had bought herself.

“Well we have three torches,’ Matilda said as she and Aden both placed the torches on the table and sat back down as Ric came prancing down the stairs after his toilet break.

“Ok well Luc cant stay on the couch all night,’ Belle looked over at him to see he had shifted position and was lying half off the couch, the bottle had fallen out of his hand but was standing up perfectly, not even a drop spilt and his head hanging over the side.

“Well I have a candle, maybe I can light it so if he wakes up he knows where he is...’ Matilda said as Belle nodded.

“You and Ric take a torch each, and Aden and I can share the other one...’ Belle replied as Matilda nodded.

“Well I’m stuffed so I’m heading to bed,’ Matilda pushed herself up off the chair and picked up one of the torch’s.

“I’ll be up in a second babe,’ Ric kissed her delicately on the lips as she nodded and said her good night to Aden and Belle before climbing her way up the stairs.

“I’ll see you guys in the morning,’ Ric had finished his drink and began heading upstairs, leaving Belle and Aden said good night to him.

The flickering of the lights made Aden look up and watch them this time as Belle rested her head in her hands, looking like she was in deep thought as the lights sizzled before going black as the house house was plunged into darkness.

Picking up the torch, Aden switched it on and looked at Belle who was staring at nothing. “Belle...’ he said as he looked at her, Belle not registering that he had said her name.

“Belle...’ he raised his voice a little louder, still watching her.

“Hmmm,’ she said as she turned and looked at him.

“You ok?’ he asked, a little concerned for his girlfriend as she smiled sincerely at him an nodded.

“Yeah, long day, let’s go to bed,’ she said as Aden nodded as she took her fingers, entwining them into his as they both got to their feet.

Walking in front of Aden she waited as he wrapped both arms around her waist, kissing her neck tenderly with small butterfly kisses as she giggled and rested her arms on his as the climbed the stairs, completely forgetting about the candle for Lucas.

3:00 am

She was startled awake as something hit the roof so hard she wondered why it didn’t come through the roof itself. Breathing heavily she sighed as she brushed a piece of hair out of her face before craning her head to see him asleep beside her, silent snores escaping his mouth every now and again as he would mumble something before falling into silence once more.

She rubbed her temples periodically before pushing herself up in the bed, feeling Aden’s arm slip down onto her legs, not even knowing he had an arm on her. Pushing the duvet off her, she moved so her legs were dangling over the side of the bed and felt a cold breeze instantly coming from the hall way.

Getting up she walked over to the door and heard a whizzing noise coming from downstairs. Making her way out of the bedroom she walked toward the stairs, starting to descend them as she saw a twirling of leaves and wind just down below the stairs.

Reaching the bottom she craned her head around the corner, eyes widening instantly as she saw the wide open front door.

“ADEN...’ she bellowed as she stood, rooted at the bottom of the stairs as she heard shuffling coming from upstairs.

“ADEN... MATTIE... RIC... GET DOWN HERE,’ she screamed a she turned around and ran back up the stairs, taking them two at a time as she got to the top and turned to her left, bumping into someone as she stumbled backward, regaining her footing and her eyesight.

“I told you I’d find you,’ she heard a dark voice as a lump formed in her throat.

She spun around to try and run back down the stairs, a sudden pain errupting throughout her body as she doubled over in pain and slowly turned around. Looking up at him she managed to yell loud enough this time.

“ADEN...’ she emphasized her scream as sudden footsteps from both rooms could be heard.

In his hand was a silver blade, blood seeping down the sharp blade as in one swift motion the knife was plunged into her stomach as she crumpled over in pain, clutching ehr stomach and letting off a deafening scream of pain.

Pulling the knife out of her, she struggled to breath as he walked toward her, grabbing her by the throat as gurgling sounds could be heard escaping her lips, along with choking sounds as he suddenly threw her down the stairs.

“BELLE...’ Aden screamed as he bound toward the mans back as Matilda screamed from the bedroom door and ran behind Aden to try and get to her friend, Ric also very close behind Matilda.

Jumping on his back, Aden pushed himself forward as Matilda got in front of them just as Ric also took to the guy, crash tackling him as everyone went forward, Matilda falling first, the guy, Aden and Ric going with them as they all went tumbling down the stairs, the knife being flung out of his hand as it too hovered through the air, overtaking the lot of them as they all fell in one bound down toward the bottom.

Chapter 18

Who is dead...? Aden, Belle, Matilda, Ric or Lucas?

is it over?

WOW :o

Thanks so much guys, you are all amazing :)

Next chapter

Chapter 18

Death is peaceful, life is hard

Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something. – Bella Swan, Twilight.

“SHE’S CRASHING, WE NEED SOME HELP IN HERE. GET ME A CRASH CART,’ Rachel ordered as she was once again placed under pressure to try and save someone’s life.

Turning to one of the nurses, she pulled her up. “Get theatre on stand by now, and find out her blood type, we need more blood,’

The nurse nodded and swept out of the room as a crash cart was bought in and two nurses started compressions.

“Charge to 180 and give her one mill of adrenaline,’ Rachel yelled grabbing the paddles and placing them close to her chest as constant beep was heard before a single beep after that.

“CLEAR!’

Once again the sound of her flat lining heart erupted around the room as the nurse resumed compressions.

“CHARGE TO 240,’ Rachel bellowed as running footsteps could be heard around the corner.

“RACHEL,’ a distressed male voice echoed in Rachel’s ears. But she couldn’t be distracted, not now, she had to keep her mind on the girl in front of her.

“CLEAR,’ She screamed as she sat them on the girls chest as a shock of electricity was sent through her body.

A smooth, constant beeping sounded around the room as Rachel sighed in relief, hearing the male voice sigh as well. Sitting the paddles back on the difibulator she took her stethoscope and placed it on her chest.

“She’s Tacky-Cardic, get her down to theatre... if they dont operate now, she will die,’

He had finally been let go after being checked over. A few bumps, bruises, grazes and a very sore neck, back and body, but apart from that... he was fine.

“Well you haven’t broken anything Aden so just take it easy for a couple of days and you’ll be fine...’ The nurse spoke to him as he nodded, but didn;t really take anything in.

How could he, Matilda was lying in the next room with a broken leg and arm and a concusion, Ric got sliced across the stomach and Belle...

He hadn’t heard anything on Belle.

“You may go,’ the nurse looked at him as nodded and left the room, he would subsequently thank her when he didn’t have other things on his mind.

[Flashback]

His whole body was aching from head to toe as he climbed onto his hands and knees. His whole body was anxious as he was winded badly, crawling over to Matilda, shaking her arm.

“Mattie... wake up...’ he shook her as she began to stir.

“AHHHH, ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,’ she yelled in pain as she arched her back off the ground to try and move as tears began to derail themselve’s down her cheeks.

“It’s ok, you’ll be ok,’ he tried to sooth as he heard movement and looked to his left. Ric was clutching his stomach as he pushed himself up and looked at Aden before both their eyes fell on David.

He was lying on top of Belle. Lifeless. Aden’s body and mind kicked into overdrive as he raced over toward his girlfriend, Ric crawling over to help him. After moments of struggling they pulled David off Belle as he hit the ground beside her, the knife sticking out of the middle of his abdoman.

“Belle...’ Aden’s voice was shaky as nothing else mattered to him. Cupping Belle’s cheeks as she struggled to breath.

“A-den...’ she said as she coughed, blood falling out of the corner of her mouth as Ric ripped off his shirt and tore it into a few piece’s before throwing a couple to Aden.

“Go to Mattie...’ Aden assured Ric as Ric nodded and scuffled off toward his girlfriend who had again fallen unconcious due to the pain.

Grabbing a piece of Ric’s ripped t-shirt he applied pressure to Belle’s wound as she suddenly screamed out in pain, lifting her head as tears stung in her eyes.

“It’s ok, were going to get help...’ he re-assured his girlfriend before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his mobile.

For some reason, he had fallen asleep in his jeans, god knows why.

Something suddenly caught his eye as he craned his head into the kitchen, his eyes readjusting to the light, or lack of for that matter.

A head was visible, a mat of blonde hair on the head and a hand lying next to that, sitting in what looked like a pool of blood.

[End flashback]

He could hear the beeping noise, like someone was flat lining. He stood, rooted on the spot.

“SHE’S CRASHING, WE NEED SOME HELP IN HERE. GET ME A CRASH CART,’ he heard a female voice yell as a lump formed in his throat.

It was quite for a moment, except for the string sound of the beeping before he heard her voice again.

“Charge to 180 and give her one mill of adrenaline,’

“CLEAR’

It was like his legs began to work overtime as he ran toward Rachel’s voice, the sound of the beeping. Skidding around the corner he looked in the room where the beeping was coming from.

Rachel stood holding two paddles in her hand, watching as a nurse pushed a syringe into a tube.

“Rachel,’ Aden’s distressed voice was hoping everything would be ok. He noticed a heap of brown hair as he clasped his hands over his mouth.

He watched as Rachel ignored him and concentrated on Belle, he had to let her do her job.

“Well Ric, you are one very lucky man,’ The doctor told him as Ric nodded.

“I sure am, how’s Mattie?’ he asked, concerned.

“As far as I know she is doing fine, ler leg and otehr injuries have been treated and she will be released today if her other scans come back clear.’

Ric sighed in relief as he thanked the doctor and proceeded to go and see his girlfriend.

“How did this happen?’ Jack asked as he paced the corridor outside the hospital’s room that his brother was in.

“How did those... IDIOTS... let this happen...’

“Jack you need to calm down,’ Martha said as she grabbed Jack’s arm, pleading with him from the look in her eyes. “All you can do now, is hope that everyone comes out of this and that this David guy survives so he gets life in prison or whatever,’ she said as Jack huffed and rested his hand on martha’s which was still holding his arms.

“Your right, why havent we heard anything on Luc?’ he asked as Martha wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly as he kissed her hair. “What’s taking so long?’

“Jack they cant rush this, its brain sugery,’ Martha soothed him as a long sigh left his lips.

“I just hope he pulls through, I’ve already lost mum, I cant lose him either,’ Jack said as martha looked up at him, placing soft kisses along his neck.

“What ever happen’s. You have me, your dad and the bub when he or she comes,’ Martha tressed soft kisses up his cheek before placing one final soft kiss on his lips.

Charlie sat in her office, reading over the file once again, trying to figure out what it meant.

“It’ll never be over, for anyone,’

She was beginning to get frustrated as she rubbed her temples with her thumb and forefinger. Letting her eyes flutter shut.

“What does this MEAN?’ Charlie’s pent up frustrations came out in a scream as she slammed her fists down on the desk and groaned madly.

Ric, Matilda, Aden, Jack and Martha were all sitting in the waiting room, hoping for some news about Belle or Lucas. Both had been rushed to surgery, Belle with extensive internal injuries and a stab wound to her abdoman and lower back.

Lucas who had bleeding to the brain and multiple stab wounds to his chest and abdoman.

“How much longer is this going to take?’ Ric moaned as he felt Matilda take his hand in hers.

“We have to be strong, for Belle and Lucas,’ she replied as Aden nodded and got to his feet.

“I’m going to grab some coffee’s,’ He said as Jack got to his feet.

“I’ll help,’ he said as Aden nodded, not turning down the offer.

Just as they were about to walk off Rachel walked up to them, a sad but still very professional look etching her feature’s.

“Aden, Jack, Matilda, Martha, Ric,’

“How is everything going?’ Martha and Matilda asked at exactly the same time, Jack and Aden stopping in their tracks.

“Um, well. I’m afraid I have some bad news and I’m sorry to have to tell you this...’

chapter 19

Who has died?

What does the note mean?

I'm so sorry its taken so long to update, I've had a lot on my mind!

Firstly, look at my av... isn't it awesome :)

I made it, I love it, sorry back to the story

anyway, hope you like and.... well there's a twist in this story!

Chapter 19

This is all my fault

“Nothing can work me damage except myself; the harm that I sustain I carry about with me, and never am a real sufferer but by my own fault.” – Bernard St.

She sat, staring blankly at the yellow tinged walls, tears stung profusely in her eyes as she half leant over in front of herself. It couldn’t be right, it just couldn’t.

This can’t be happening! She thought to herself as small tear droplets escaped, rolling down her cheeks as she lifted her hand and swiped them away as more freely began to follow the first two.

She saw a shadow sit beside her but she didn’t look up, didn’t acknowledge him, didn’t move. She just sat there, staring at the wall, trying to process everything, trying to keep the memories from flooding back into her mind.

But she couldn’t!

How could this happen to her, after everything that had happened. After making new friends, Lucas, Cassie... after getting a boyfriend, Ric... after finally beginning her new life with her best friend and the one person she could trust through it all, Belle.

She felt him place his bog, soft hand on her arm and caress her skin with his thumb as she closed her eyes and let her head fall, her hair fling down over her cheeks and tickle her skin.

“I have to see Belle,’ she muttered her soft tone as she pulled her arm away from him, climbing to her feet.

“Mattie...’ he emphasized her name as she stopped but didn’t turn to look.

“I have to see Belle,’ she repeated herself as she began to walk off again.

“Mattie!’ he yelled out after her, watching as she ignored him and turned the corner.

“Jack,’ Martha said sweetly as he looked up, Martha holding two cups of coffee in her hands.

Jack took the cup from her and grasped it in both his hands as the heat instantly began to radiate through the cup into his hands. “Thanks,’ he mumbled as Martha took a seat beside him.

“It’s not your fault...’ Martha told him as he scoffed and looked at her.

“I could have done something, could have connected the dots earlier, found him, sent him to prison, but I didn’t... I did nothing!’

“Thats not true!’ Martha told him matter-of-factly as he looked at her, uncertainty in his eyes.

“You done your job Jack, you done what you have been doing since you graduated from the police acadamy,’ she explained to him as he sighed and lifted one of his hands, rubbing his tired eyes.

“I dont know,’ he sighed unconvinced of Martha’s reassuring words and she cupped the bottom of his chin and made him look at her.

“it’s not your fault,’ she promised.

Jack was just about to say something when he saw Rachel look at him and begin to walk over toward them. Jack’s eye’s widened as he got to his feet, Martha following as Rachel stopped in front of them.

“Jack, Martha. Um Jack, David is awake, responding well to all treatment, I thought you might like to question him, Charlie is in there now and asked for you,’ Rachel’s professional voice was contempt as she spoke.

Jack facial features changed in a matter of seconds, from confusion to sadness to anger as Martha stood beside him, obviously scared that if he entered that room, David would end up dead.

“Ok,’ Jack composed himself and took a couple of deep breath’s before following Rachel as Martha stood behind, clasping a hand over her mouth in despair as she watched her husband and Rachel walk toward the room.

“Hey mate,’ Ric said as he sat down beside his blonde haired friend, running his fingers through his hair intermediately.

“Hey,’ Aden replied as he sat there, a cup of coffee which looked like it had gone cold.

“How you holding up?’

Aden slowly looked over at Ric and nodded. “I dont know how I’m feeling at the moment, everything was such a shock,’ he explained as Ric nodded empathetically.

“I mean, you’ve got Mattie, she’s ok, a broken leg but she’s ok. Jack has Martha and a baby on the way but me...’ his voice trailed off as he looked down into his cup which held his cold coffee and sighed.

“I think I just need to be alone,’ Aden said as he looked at Ric. Ric nodded and pet his friend on the back before getting to his feet and walking off, leaving Aden by himself.

“Oh god Belle!’

He exited the roof in a huff as he slammed his fist into the wall beside him, Charlie storming out behind him and slamming the door before looking at Jack.

“You had no right...’ Charlie vented as Jack huffed and turned to face her.

“I have every right Charlie... and don’t you dare try and critasize me because it’s not your family that has been hurt because of that... MONSTER,’ Jack’s pent up frustrations hit an all time high as he slammed his fist into the wall beside the hole he’d already made.

‘JACK,’ Charlie screamed as Rachel came running around the corner as she saw the two holes in the wall and Jack pacing back and forth with Charlie watching him intently.

“Excuse me but there are sick people in here and they need there rest so I suggest... you take it somewhere else,’ Rachel insisted as Jack pursed his lips and walked off around the corner, leaving Charlie and Rachel to stare at each other.

They all sat in the waiting room, waiting. Silence echoed throughout the walls and doors and the sounds of monitors, buzzers, doctors discussing their patients and sick people coughing was all that was heard.

The only person who was in the waiting room was Martha, who had gone to talk to Rachel about getting everyone some grief counselling. Matilda had her head in her hands, Aden was just sitting there, looking like he was thinking intently.

Ric was watching Matilda, not sure what he should do and Jac was staring at the tinged yellow walls, he could smell disinfectant as well, a lot of it.

Martha came bounding around the corner as everyone looked up at her, she had a large smile plastered across her face as she looked at Jack.

“Luc’s awake,’ she yelled as Jack looked stunned before bounding from the chair and following Martha toward Lucas’s room.

Ric looked at Matilda once again and leant in toward her.

“Are you ok?’ concern etching in his voice.

“I... I cant believe she’s dead... i cant believe my mum is dead!’

AN: I told you there was a twist *ducks and hides*

Anyway, I know your all wondering what happened to Belle, it will be revealed in the next chapter :)

Well between downloading H&A episode's, capping, uploading and posting them in the screen cap section I managed to write another chapter.

Enjoy guys

Chapter 20

My life is spiraling out of control

“You, me, my life and what do I have to give, nothing but tears” – Myself

He sat in the darkened room in the chair beside her bed. Holding her hand, he drew small patterns around on her skin as he watched her face.

Tubes coming out of different parts of her body, arms, chest and many more which were connected to drips, saline bags and even tubes which were feeding her. She had a tube going down into her throat where she had to be incubated after she slipped into a coma.

They had to incubate her so the machine could breathe for her. Rachel had explained to Aden, Matilda and Ric that when she had been bought into hospital there was an unsubstantial amount of pressure on Belle’s heart which was putting pressure on her brain.

She had asked if anything could put that amount of pressure on Belle and thats when Aden explained that David was passed out on top of her for a certain amount of time until he and Ric pulled him off her.

Rachel had also told them that along with Belle’s other crucial injuries, including the stab wound to her abdoman that her body had reacted by shutting itself down to try and repair the damage.

Aden got off the chair and perched himself on the edge of Belle’s bed as the incubator lifted and fell as her eyes, her lips, her cheeks, her whole body stay completely still like a statue.

“Belle...’ Aden whispered as his voice broke. Leaning in and stroking her delicate pale cheek softly with his thumb and index finger.

“Please wake up, please, please Belle,’ his bottom lip quivered in despair as his eye’s pleaded with her lifeless, yet still alive body.

“I need you, Matilda needs you, we all need you, please just... wake up!’ Aden pleaded with his comatose girlfriend as he leant in, placing a soft kiss on the side of her cheek.

“I’m so glad your ok baby brother,’ Jack said as he sat beside Lucas’s bed with Martha standing behind Jack smiling broadly.

“Aw thankyou but there was no need to worry,’ Lucas replied a little groggy as Jack scoffed and laughed.

“Luc, you had a brain injury, the doc’s are surprised you didn’t end up with some sort of damage from the force,’ Jack reminded his brother nonchantly as Lucas smiled weakly.

“Well I’m ok so thats all that matter’s. How... how is everyone else though?’ he asked suddenly remembering what had happened.

“They’re all fine, well Belle’s in a coma, they dont know when she’ll come out of it... but she will’ Jack held his finger up to stop Luc from butting in, finishing off his sentance.

“Matilda has a broken leg, nothing too serious, Ric got a slash across his stomach, Aden a few bruises... actually he got out of it pretty easy...’ Jack pondered, trying to remember if he had forgotten anyone.

Martha made that ‘Mmm hmmm’ noise, like she was clearing her throat as Jack looked at her and she mouthed ‘Mattie’s mum’ to Jack as Jack nodded.

“But Matilda’s mum died, from what Rachel was saying she had a blood clot in her arm from one of the stab wounds which traveled to her heart. There was nothing they could do to save her,’

Lucas sighed and nodded. “Poor Mattie, and Belle, I cant imagine what everyone is going through,’ he replied as Martha leant down, wrapping her arms around the front of Jack and resting her head in his shoulder.

“Were just glad your ok,’ Martha replied as Lucas smiled sincerely at her.

“Thanks,’ he mumbled a small smile back.

She sat out in the corridor, staring at the yellow hospital walls once again. Her wet hair hanging in dregs over her shoulder’s as tiny water droplets shone from her skin.

She had been outside and needless to say, she was drenched. The weather hadn’t calmed down at all, but had indeed gotten much worse. So worse infact that you couldn’t even see a meter in front of you.

Her thoughts drifted back to the day she found out her mum had died.

[Flashback]

Jack and Aden were just about to go and grab some coffee’s when Matilda looked up and saw Rachel heading toward them, a sad yet professional look on on her face.

“Aden, Jack, Matilda, Martha Ric,’ Rachel spoke all their names as Matilda and Martha stoodf up straight away.

They both said the same thing. “How is everything going?’

“Um, well. I’m afraid I have some bad news and I’m sorry to have to tell you this...’ Rachel started as Matilda suddenly went weak at the news, but still stood as a lump formed tight in her throat.

“Matilda,’ Rachel started as Matilda’s eye’s widened and she let her breath go that she didn’t know she had held since Rachel had turned up.

“I’m afraid your mother died, we dont specifically know the time as her monitor was turned off for some reason. A coroners report will be done and when we know what the cause of death is I will come and tell you.’

Ric raced over to Matilda as her whole body began to shake, but she still stood on both feet, holding it together as the tears stung her eyes.

Rachel gave Matilda a sympathetic look before crossing her fingers through each other and continuing. “Belle and Lucas are out of theatre. Lucas’s surgery went, very, very well and he is recovering. Jack you can go and sit with him if you like, room 14,’

Jack quickly stood and took Martha’s hand as they both raced toward Lucas’s room. Leaving Rachel and the other’s to hear about Belle.

“Belle has sustained more... critical injuries. When she was bought in there was an unsubstantial amount of pressure on her heart which ultimately, put more pressure on her brain. Now, Belle’s brain has gone into recovery mode, essentially putting her in a coma and while I can assure you all.... she will come out of it, we dont know how long this can take. It can range from a matter of day’s week’s or even month’s.’

Rachel watched as Matilda’s legs finally gave way and she crumpled in a heap into Ric’s arm’s. Her plastered and partially bent leg hitting the ground with a ‘thud’ as she struggled to breathe.

Rachel continued. “I have to ask, what happened to make Belle’s body take that much pressure on her heart and brain. For such a petite body, something pretty heavy must have been on her,’

Aden pinched his bottom lip with his thumb and forefinger before sighing and looking at Rachel who had looked at him.

“When I came to, after waking Mattie up, I went to Belle and saw Davind lying flat on top of her. It took both mine and Ric’s full strength to remove the guy from her,’ he explained as Rachel nodded.

“Ahhh, yes someone as heavy as David would easily put that much pressure on Belle,’

[End flashback]

Slowly, the tears began to trickle down Matilda’s cheeks as it all began to sink in. Letting out loud, uncontrolable sobs she slid off the chair, clutching her head in her hands as she began to cry to herself.

I cant lose Belle, I just can’t, she has to be ok. Matilda thought to herself as she sobbed, pulling her legs up tightly to her chest.

Archived