Swine Flu

Guest Nathan.

Whoa, My uni is certainly on the ball. I just checked my e-mails and the Law Faculty has sent a mass e-mail to all Law Students due to New-Zealand being on code yellow alert.

I remember a few years ago we got an e-mail about mumps, I was certain I'd had the booster and ignored it. A few months later I looked like a hamster and my balls were swolen.

sorry but thats just funny :lol:

i didnt think that Swine's were real like those green midgets that talk funny and are rich and bring good luck to ya i mean swine is just another word for pigs i think that more people would be scared if it was called pig flu or the flu of death

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just watching the news and the Health Minister was on saying that if you have the flu and haven't been to Mexico in the last month then you DON'T have Swine Flu, you just have the normal winter flu.

I think everyone's over reacting a little bit. It does remind me of Bird Flu and nothing much came of that.

Just found this :)

The number of New Zealanders potentially afflicted by swine flu continues to rise, with14 cases of swine flu-linked influenza A now in New Zealand.

A press conference has wrapped up at the Ministry of Health in Wellington on Wednesday morning, where they released updated figures on potential cases.

The Ministry of Health has told the conference there are 179 people in total in isolation.

So far, the isolation cases include 37 in Christchurch and 36 in Wellington.

This follows Tuesday night's confirmation that a group of 11 students from Auckland's Rangitoto College do have the virus, with three swabs testing positive, while the rest are assumed positive.

The Ministry Of Health is still waiting on a result for one further test for a Rangitoto student.

The students will be ready to go back to school shortly, once they have complete a 72 hour course of the anti viral drug Tamiflu.

Officials also report two more passengers have been checked at Auckland Airport on Wednesday morning after presenting with flu symptoms.

They are in isolation and will be tested for swine flu. The airport says they were passengers on a Qantas flight.

The swine flu death toll in Mexico is still officially 149, but foreigners who've contracted it have become only mildly ill and there have been no deaths outside Mexico.

More than 50 infected people have been found in the United States, six in Canada and three across the Atlantic in Spain and Scotland. Possible cases are also being tested in Norway and South Korea.

Credit to tvnz.co.nz

^^ Only 3 of those are confirmed to have it! They only suspect the rest!! It's insane. They've now said that only 7 people have died from it. The rest are just standard influenza!

NZ becomes vegetarian!

:lol: Maithee At times like this, don't you just love being a vegetarian :)

Yuck! don't get me started

The flu season supposed to be over :huh:

People in western countries can be treated for it, mostly old people and children are in danger.

This winter i had the flu , a real bad one afterwards the doctor said it hasn't been in our country since 1968 or something which made sense because i never get the flu nor a flu shot.

At least it's not the plague, i don't know what's all this chaos 3rd world countries are mostly in danger

but i'm not having the flu again! a.a! not this time, i did my share, besides i think i already have the antybodies cause i swear this winter was the worst!

Archived