Swine Flu

Guest Nathan.

I have to admit, this whole Swine Flu is freaking me out abit. The reason why I'm freaked out cos it's in NZ now. I mean really? NZ? Were like one of the smallest countries in the freakin' world!

But the thing is we've got to look at the positives...

- No-one outside of Mexico has died from the disease.

- We do have TamiFlu pills which helps.

- We have caught the disease before it gets out of hand (Well um, maybe?), and we know what it is, so the people that make anti-virus medicines, can start planning on how to make it.

There's way more positives, but really? I can't be bothered writing them all out....

I think the world is just having a huge freak out because of the flu epidemic in 1918, and they don't want to have another huge outbreak of a killing flu.

But its changed since 1918, we have so much more medicines and such now.

Steph you had better start packing and evacuate ASAP !!

Or it will be Dawn Of The Dead strike 2 :lol:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as I sit here, coughing and spluttering, and surrounded by strepsils, lemsip and every flu remedy that is available without a prescription, I am not getting a lot of sympathy. I have been inundated with pig jokes, advised that all PANHAM flights have been canceled until further notice , that the RSC have canceled HAMlet, also that the BeckHAMS have been banned from entering the country for the duration (hurray), and that the chief medical officer thinks its all a load of hogwash! Someone also suggested I take up BackGAMMON. Personally I think they are making a right pigs ear of it :P:D

Millions of people are killed by flu every year, about 20,000 in the US, so this is just a new strain with a fancy name. I think the main reason why so many people have died from Swine Flu in Mexico is because the health system is... erm... crap. Add to that the climate of Mexico and it's population density and you've got flu paradise.

I'm flying to New York next week, and now I'll have to be heat-screened, as well as photographed and fingerprinted. I haven't been to the States since the new immigration system was introduced, so I'm gonna feel like a criminal. :(

I just got an e-mail from my sister. She sent me this. The first line: ""Many hundreds" of schoolchildren in New York are sick with suspected swine flu, according to the city's health commissioner." - :rolleyes: I'm still going. I don't care if I come back oinking.

Whoa, My uni is certainly on the ball. I just checked my e-mails and the Law Faculty has sent a mass e-mail to all Law Students due to New-Zealand being on code yellow alert.

I remember a few years ago we got an e-mail about mumps, I was certain I'd had the booster and ignored it. A few months later I looked like a hamster and my balls were swolen.

I just got an e-mail from my sister. She sent me this. The first line: ""Many hundreds" of schoolchildren in New York are sick with suspected swine flu, according to the city's health commissioner." - :rolleyes: I'm still going. I don't care if I come back oinking.

I remember I went to America during foot and mouth. At Orlando airport, there was this guy, who looked like a cowboy with his boots, jeans leather waiscoat and hat asking "Been on the farm?" as if there was only one farm in the entire UK.

Archived