Swine Flu

Guest Nathan.

There were six suspected cases in Belgium but it has been confirmed that they don't have it.

A lot of Belgians left to Mexico today, only a few of them cancelled their trip. Hopefully they will be okay.

I heard Spain was the European country with the most confirmed cases. I guess it makes sense because a lot of Spanish people go on holiday in Mexico and South America.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else love that it's called 'Swine' flu? I could just picture meeting a person infected with it, and calling them a 'swine', in a very posh voice. Of course as punishment for that I would probably catch it myself.

"Swine" makes me think of Le Pimpernel Scarlett episode of Blackadder :lol:

Does anyone else love that it's called 'Swine' flu? I could just picture meeting a person infected with it, and calling them a 'swine', in a very posh voice. Of course as punishment for that I would probably catch it myself.

:lol: Some people I know call annoying people swines. I hate it myself, but it amuses me too (Hmm.... yes. Go figure.)

As for this Swine Flu, I'm really not thinking about it. I have a tendancy to go all paranoid if I get too involved.

I'd still like to know WHY it's called swine flu. It's reminding me of a line from Scrubs, where Dr Cox is complaining about heaps of patients coming in thinking that they're infected with all kinds of flu's that you can't get unless you actually make out with the animal the flu is named after...

Not to imply that everyone infected with swine flu has been making out with pigs, lol. Just makes me wonder about the first case of it...

Archived