Swine Flu

Guest Nathan.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have flu symptoms. I haven't been to Mexico, and I don't think you can transmit human disease via the internet, so I don't think we should be panicking just yet. I found this amusing though:

If you've got flu symptoms, and you've recently been to a high-risk area like Mexico, CDC officials recommend that you see your doctor. If you have flu symptoms but you haven't been in a high-risk area, you can still see a doctor -- that's your call.

...Thanks :rolleyes:

I'm a total hypochondriac so this whole "swine flu" thing is totally stressing me. I'm driving my parents nuts!

Someone came into my work yesterday coughing and I was like "Ahh, swine flu!"... All the media hype around it really isn't helping my stress levels. :lol:

Though I am taking comfort in the fact that there are no confirmed cases in Australia, and that no one has yet died from it outside Mexico.

Think positive people!

I have to admit, this whole Swine Flu is freaking me out abit. The reason why I'm freaked out cos it's in NZ now. I mean really? NZ? Were like one of the smallest countries in the freakin' world!

But the thing is we've got to look at the positives...

- No-one outside of Mexico has died from the disease.

- We do have TamiFlu pills which helps.

- We have caught the disease before it gets out of hand (Well um, maybe?), and we know what it is, so the people that make anti-virus medicines, can start planning on how to make it.

There's way more positives, but really? I can't be bothered writing them all out....

I think the world is just having a huge freak out because of the flu epidemic in 1918, and they don't want to have another huge outbreak of a killing flu.

But its changed since 1918, we have so much more medicines and such now.

If you've got flu symptoms, and you've recently been to a high-risk area like Mexico, CDC officials recommend that you see your doctor. If you have flu symptoms but you haven't been in a high-risk area, you can still see a doctor -- that's your call.

:D that's gold! was it on the internet?

i was a little bit worried, but with all the high tech medical equipment they have these days, and the fact thaat any a handfull of people in the world with it, i'm pretty confident i'll be ok;

but still, no-one else is coming near my drink bottle or sneezing on me!

Yeah, I think I've got a flu, so I decided to look up swine flu symptoms: http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/200...lu-faq#symptoms

My being sick could be a blessing in disguise. With everyone panicking, perhaps I can get myself "quarantined" at home, as in away from uni, for many many weeks, just to be on the safe side... :unsure:

Archived