Nerdfighters?

Guest MissOlivia22

Woohoo! I was waiting for this thread to appear :P.

Normal people are made up of cells, tissues and organs; Nerdfighters are made of awesome! Nerdfighters fight to reduce worldsuck - and therefore increase awesomeness.

They are generally followers of vlogbrothers aka Hank and John Green.

I'm currently trying to get my hands on Papertowns but no one seems to have it here in Perth yet :(.

Woohoo! I was waiting for this thread to appear :P.

Normal people are made up of cells, tissues and organs; Nerdfighters are made of awesome! Nerdfighters fight to reduce worldsuck - and therefore increase awesomeness.

They are generally followers of vlogbrothers aka Hank and John Green.

I'm currently trying to get my hands on Papertowns but no one seems to have it here in Perth yet :(.

:D

What she said XD

About the vlogbrothers:

John Green and his brother Hank ran a video blog project called Brotherhood 2.0. The original project ran from January 1 to December 31, 2007, with the premise that the brothers would cease all text-based communication for the year and instead converse by video blogs, made available to the public via YouTube and on their Brotherhood 2.0 website.

The vlogs have several recurring themes:

"Nerdfighters" is the official name for their more dedicated viewers.

The Foundation to Decrease WorldSuck was intended to "decrease worldsuck" by giving the money raised to worthy causes.

The Evil Baby Orphanage was a proposal to use a time machine to kidnap historical despots in infancy and pre-habilitate them at a mountain retreat in Tibet.

Hank posts amusing songs every other Wednesday hence the day being called Song Wednesday. The most famous of these, Accio Deathly Hallows, was the first Brotherhood 2.0 video to be featured on the YouTube front page.

"In Your Pants/My Pants", was a term created originally to be added to the end of a book title (e.g., Pooh Gets Stuck In My Pants). It grew to be a forum on the Nerdfighter's website, and an online picture book "Everyone Poops In My Pants".

In the December 31, 2007 video, the brothers revealed their decision to continue vlogging even though the project had ended. Their new outlet and social networking site is Nerdfighters.com.

Basically your a Nerdfighter if you follow the Vlogbrothers - Hank and John Green on youtube :)

Jen - Can't you order it of Amazon or something? I did

Jen - Can't you order it of Amazon or something? I did

Probably :P. And John is coming to Australia :D. But only Sydney and Melbourne so far.

I have become obsessed with putting "In Your Pants" on the end of titles. It's so much fun!

"The Art of Teaching Science ... In Your Pants" :lol:

• 1 month later...

I've seen a few more D.F.T.B.A's popping up in peoples signatures. So come on Nerdfighters! :P

I ended up ordering Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherine's, and Papertowns off Amazon. And just finished reading Alaska. It was good. Like, really good. :D

Archived