Our Love Is Strong

Guest Sarah_Lewis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6::

Joey smiled as she sat on the couch looking down at the ring, she thought it looked beautiful, too deep in thought she didn’t hear Ruby walk in,

“Did Charlie give you the ring??”

Ruby asked smiling as she looked at the ring on Joeys finger, she knew Charlie was giving it to her but she didn’t know when,

“Huh what?? Oh yeah she did its lovely, she’s the sweetest”

Joey smiled and looked at Ruby,

“Its pretty isn’t it, Mum gave it to her before she died, told her to give it to the one she loved”

Ruby smiled and looked back to Joey, she was happy for Charlie, she got used to the idea her sister was with a girl, it didn’t bother her the slightest as long as she was happy,

“aw well I’m glad she gave it to me, I love her so much, she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me”

Joey smiled brightly and looked down at the ring again,

“Aw I’m glad your with Charlie, I’m glad to see her happy, it’s the happiest I’ve seen her in a long time and that’s all thanks to you Joey”

Ruby grinned and looked at Joey again,

“Well thank you I’m glad you approve of us, I mean it must be hard seeing her with a woman instead of a man”

Joey smiled softly,

“It was when I first found out, but now I’m happy for her, she’s happy that’s the main thing”

Ruby smiled again standing up,

“Yeah”

Joey smiled not really knowing what to say,

“Anyway I better go and do my homework before Charlie gets home and goes mental”

Ruby laughed and went to her room.

Charlie sighed as she looked at her work colleagues, this was her chance to tell them about Joey and herself and she had to take it, no matter how scared she was,

“Um guys can I tell you something?”

Charlie bit her lip, she could feel her heart beating it was as though it would pop out,

“Yeah what is it?”

Fitzy answered for them all and looked at Charlie,

“Erm well, I’m seeing Joey Collins……”

Charlie bit her lip hard, waiting for there reaction, they were all sitting there staring at her as though she was some kind of alien or something,

“Um well congratulations I guess…”

Fitzy said, looking away from Charlie, that must have been hard for her to say in front of all of us and none of us showed our support,

“Is that all?? I thought you guys would of supported me!!…”

Charlie bit her lip, she felt a tear fall down her cheek, getting up she grabbed her things and walked out of the station, unable to face them anymore, crying harder now she hopped in her car and sped off to the beach, sitting there in tears she softly banged her head against the steering wheel, she wished her colleagues had supported her, it would be hard working with them now, each and every one of them would look at her as though she was different, but she knew she wasn’t so what if she was in love with a woman, it was her life and she was happy, to deep in thought and crying she didn’t hear her car door open, wondering who it was she lifted her head up and saw Joey,

“Babe what’s wrong??”

Joey asked, looking at Charlie, she wiped her tears from her cheeks,

“My colleagues didn’t take me being gay very well, they hate me Joey”

Charlie sniffed and looked over at Joey, there was nothing in this world that could stop her loving her nothing what so ever,

“Oh babe I’m sorry, maybe it came as a shock to them, they’ll come around eventually I bet you”

Joey said trying to reassure her, she hoped they did come around for her sake after all it was Charlie’s life not theirs so what if she was gay she’s still a human being,

“I hope they do to I really do, its going to be hard working with them now, they’ll all think I’m some kind of monster or something”

Charlie sighed and looked ahead of her, she should be happy, but her work mates made her sad,

“Charlie, just ignore them or something till they come around, don’t let them bring you down, you should be happy you deserve it, I love you”

Joey looked at her and grabbed her hand gently running her thumb along the top,

“I know I should be happy and I am, I’ll get past this, I didn’t expect them to react like they did, I’ll try and have another talk to them tomorrow”

Charlie half smiled and looked down at her hand in Joeys, Joey was the only thing that could make her happy when she was feeling down,

“Its worth a try, I could come with you, you know for support if you need it”

Joey smiled and pulled Charlie in as close as she could and hugged her,

“Thanks Joey, it would be really helpful if you did, make them understand”

Charlie smiled and hugged Joey back tightly not wanting to let her go,

“How about we go for a walk on the beach?”

Joey smiled and rubbed Charlie’s shoulder,

“Sure let’s go, sea air will do me good”

Charlie smiled and got out of the car, standing by Joeys side of the car as she got out, she grabbed her hand and walked onto the sand.

Aw I didn't want that to end. :wub:

I liked the first part with Ruby talking to Joey. :) It's nice that she supports them. Not like the wee upstarts that pass for Charlie's work colleagues. :angry: Poor Charlie. :(

I loved this line btw:

“Charlie, just ignore them or something till they come around, don’t let them bring you down, you should be happy you deserve it, I love you”

:wub:

Archived