? returns to Home and Away

Guest elmo_loves_you

***THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR ALL VIEWERS***

Credit: Home and Away Central

Luke Jacobs returns to Home and Away

Former Home and Away star Luke Jacobz is returning to Summer Bay as police officer Angelo Rosetta, reports The Daily Telegraph.

The 28-year-old said that he is relishing the opportunity to return to his role as the most hated character in the soap's history.

"For many years I've played the likeable characters that never do anything wrong, so it's been great to walk into a room and have daggers thrown at you," Jacobz said.

"It's good playing a character that isn't liked. Everyone hates him and it's been great to play something new."

Earlier this year, viewers were left stunned when Angelo fatally shot one of Summer Bay's favourite sons, fellow police officer Jack Holden (Paul O'Brien).

Jacobz, who previously starred on rural drama McLeod's Daughters, said that he would remain with Home and Away for the foreseeable future.

Most hated? What is with the ridiculous exaggeration? Did the person who wrote this article lose their memory, or have they never actually watched Home And Away? Even if Angelo is hated among the people of Summer Bay, he is hardly the most hated character ever! What about the likes of Zoe, Angie, Johnny, Sarah, Dodge?

Seems like Luke said "everyone hates him," most likely meaning the characters who see Angelo as nothing more than Jack's murderer, and the journo has taken it from there. I certainly don't hate him, and I don't think most fans of H&a do either. He's more like a Rocco character - where we hate that one of our favourites has been injured or killed, but we don't actually hate the character who did, because he is still sympathetic and we know that he is a good person who never wanted anyone to get hurt. I'll be glad to see him back :) The only problem is that I'll have another person confusing me as to who I want Charlie to be with!

Seems like Luke said "everyone hates him," most likely meaning the characters who see Angelo as nothing more than Jack's murderer, and the journo has taken it from there. I certainly don't hate him, and I don't think most fans of H&a do either. He's more like a Rocco character - where we hate that one of our favourites has been injured or killed, but we don't actually hate the character who did, because he is still sympathetic and we know that he is a good person who never wanted anyone to get hurt. I'll be glad to see him back :)The only problem is that I'll have another person confusing me as to who I want Charlie to be with!

You know you want her with Angelo :wub:

Joey will hopefully be gone by then anyway.

I reckon Charlie will be happy to see Angelo back, after a while anyway. They were good mates first and foremost and it devastated her that the was seemingly involved in Jack's death.

I'm really looking forward to Angelo coming back! I never thought I would have said that when he was 1st in the show, in fact I couldn't wait for him to leave as I found him completely boring. However, I was just starting to get into his character more, just before he left, as he was shown to be not the boring one dimensional character I originally thought he was.

I wonder how the other characters, such as Belle, Aden, Charlie will react to him being back. Its obvious Tony & Martha will not be too happy!

Seems like Luke said "everyone hates him," most likely meaning the characters who see Angelo as nothing more than Jack's murderer, and the journo has taken it from there. I certainly don't hate him, and I don't think most fans of H&a do either. He's more like a Rocco character - where we hate that one of our favourites has been injured or killed, but we don't actually hate the character who did, because he is still sympathetic and we know that he is a good person who never wanted anyone to get hurt. I'll be glad to see him back :) The only problem is that I'll have another person confusing me as to who I want Charlie to be with!

That's the impression that I got. Luke probably said something about the fact that most the characters in Summer Bay hate him for killing Jack and it's just been made into something that it perhaps wasn't meant to? You could call it creative journalism? It does seem that he wouldn't make most fans 'Most Hated' lists.

I never thought about Chaneglo. :unsure:

Archived