2000 was great year with cast and storylines.

Guest j.laur5

It really sucked that Sam's age group just started falling apart that year when he left and then Peta and Edward left. From there, that age group took until the end of 2005 to completely go down the toilet with its originals, just leaving newcomer Jack to welcome Charlie and Angelo into that age group. Now it's just Charlie, Angelo and Hugo standing for that group.

I might be being totally thick here but I am sure that Peta and Edward and Sam were late teens/early twenties tops whereas Charlie, Angelo and Hugo are late 20s/early 30s.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but Peta and Sam will be late twenties now. What he means it is in fact the same group of friends just all the friends are different.

For instance

2000 - Sam, Gypsy, Edward, Peta, Will, Hayley, Mitch

2001 - Will, Hayley, Gypsy'ish, Brodie, Dani, Noah, Alex

2002 - Dani, Brodie, Josh, Hayley, Noah, Alex

2003 - Dan, Josh, Scott, Hayley, Noah, Alex, Kit

2004 - Dani, Scott, Hayley, Noah

2005 - Scott, Martha, Hayley, Jack,

2006 - Martha, Jack,

2007 - Martha, Jack,

2008 - Martha, Charlie, Angelo, Hugo

Technically Martha is too young to be part of that group, but she's always appeared older than she actually is.

I don't think it was any great plan to have lots of middle-aged + characters, I just don't think they managed some of the older character out before they introduced the Sutherland's. It is, as of 2007, the year with the highest average cast age, with 1989 2nd.

Looking back at the show it replaced, Sons and Daughters, that very rarely had kids in it, it was mainly full of 40 something's with 20 year old kids with that 70 year old woman that's dead now.

Home and Away i dont think replaced Sons and Daughters a different concept all together but Lokking at HAA its was at its strongest between 2000 to 2007 you had the most Adults you should have to Kids if you look at other soap Dramas they have strong casts of both Youngsters and Adults you need the older ones to keep the kid under controle, atm there are too many young members of the cast and no good story lines.

Archived