The Location Thread

ctang

1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

When Chole was have councilling after rape I'm almost positive they used the outside of the the original school. I mean the originally part of the building where the car banged into Bertram etc. 

Yup you're right, it was mentioned on the location page - was a bit of an odd choice considering the timing to say the least ?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

In general would you say the areas of filming in palm beach and the northern beaches in general is more concentrated now and if so has it been done to cut costs. 

I think it's a shame not to see the variety of places now. I guess the diner being around the corner from the surf club has made things easier for cast and crew. Must save time too with less travel. 

But I miss seeing Clairville, Bayside Diner location,Fishermans Beach, Snappermans etc. 

Edited by Blaxland 89

Yes, whilst they are branching out further when it comes one-off locations for dramatic storylines, on a day-to-day basis it certainly does seem to be getting a lot more limited to the main beach/surf club area and Station Beach.

With the exception of the Morgan House and the odd little bit at the caravan park, scenes outside the houses seem to have dropped off a bit in recent months too. And once again after introducing yet another new school exterior, there's been no actual scenes there since those couple surrounding the explosion/sinkhole (dramatic scenes like that is probably what the budget tends to be saved for).

Whilst there were comments on Summer Bay seeming too big sometimes, with all these random built-up places starting to creep in, we're now starting to go too far the other way with Summer Bay just consisting of the main beach, surf club and diner with some exterior stock shots thrown in.

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

Yes, whilst they are branching out further when it comes one-off locations for dramatic storylines, on a day-to-day basis it certainly does seem to be getting a lot more limited to the main beach/surf club area and Station Beach.

With the exception of the Morgan House and the odd little bit at the caravan park, scenes outside the houses seem to have dropped off a bit in recent months too. And once again after introducing yet another new school exterior, there's been no actual scenes there since those couple surrounding the explosion/sinkhole (dramatic scenes like that is probably what the budget tends to be saved for).

Whilst there were comments on Summer Bay seeming too big sometimes, with all these random built-up places starting to creep in, we're now starting to go too far the other way with Summer Bay just consisting of the main beach, surf club and diner with some exterior stock shots thrown in.

I could understand the locations being restricted to just the immediate Palm Beach area because we now have the Farmhouse AND the Summer Bay House/Caravan Park location (with the garage), but if we’re not seeing those so often (or the less oft seen Palmer & Morgan houses) that doesn’t make a great deal of sense unless the random scheduling means the budget is less because of reduced advertising revenue or something.

From then recent UK episodes though, I’d say even the main beach scenes were limited, there’s been more at the Pier or outside the Surf Club, the beach scenes have been limited to the spot closest to the club.

2 hours ago, c120701 said:

I could understand the locations being restricted to just the immediate Palm Beach area because we now have the Farmhouse AND the Summer Bay House/Caravan Park location (with the garage), but if we’re not seeing those so often (or the less oft seen Palmer & Morgan houses) that doesn’t make a great deal of sense unless the random scheduling means the budget is less because of reduced advertising revenue or something.

From then recent UK episodes though, I’d say even the main beach scenes were limited, there’s been more at the Pier or outside the Surf Club, the beach scenes have been limited to the spot closest to the club.

Yes true. Very rare to see the southern end or the swimming pool now. Or the far north end by dune. 

• 8 months later...

Would anyone like it if H&A filmed more aroud Sydney?. 

I think it be nice if got to see more of Sydney on H&A as just think it add bit more realism to show. 

I like how in recent  years them mentioned Sydney instead of City  as remember Ben when first saying to Justin at beach you have no idea how long  it takes drive to good beach in Sydney and Tori mention to Nate you apply for Job in Sydney.

Thoughts?.