The Location Thread

ctang

On 29/03/2017 at 9:29 PM, c120701 said:

I think though that when Tank jumped out of Evie's bedroom window last year that he landed on the wrong side of the house.

What episode was this? (I'm curious to see what the upstairs of SBH looks like these days... I'm surprised it still exists).

They sometimes get the upstairs windows wrong, maybe deliberately to fit with filming practicalities. For example there's a scene in the early 2000s where Kristy is watching Kane from her bedroom window (the "boys" bedroom) but from the outside we see her looking out the "girls" window.

As for the upstairs enclosed verandah/balcony. Have we ever had a scene there or seen the characters on it? It's a shame if we haven't.

Also have they shown what the land behind the house (where the caravan park used to be) looks like now? Have they explained why the caravans moved elsewhere?

9 minutes ago, beau_t said:

What episode was this? (I'm curious to see what the upstairs of SBH looks like these days... I'm surprised it still exists).

It was back in 2015, in 6302, but here's a couple of shots of the landing and what used to be the girls room. The master bedroom has been seen quite frequently in recent times too but I don't have any wide-angle pics of it handy - it's in tomorrow's (Thurs) UK ep a fair bit.

Spoiler

landing_zpsiu6siteh.jpg

6469a_zps3qpinidv.jpg

6469b_zpstirlyq8o.jpg

35 minutes ago, beau_t said:

As for the upstairs enclosed verandah/balcony. Have we ever had a scene there or seen the characters on it? It's a shame if we haven't.

They wouldn't be able to do one on the exterior as it's actually just a hollow canopy. :wink:

1 hour ago, beau_t said:

Also have they shown what the land behind the house (where the caravan park used to be) looks like now? Have they explained why the caravans moved elsewhere?

No there's not really anything to see up there now other than vegetation (see it in the background below) - nothing said on screen about it.

Spoiler

6469_zpspt01ckah.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Dan. You mean it's not a real balcony that you can stand on or access from the house? Just decorative?

The bedroom looks really nice now with the big window and the wooden floor.

I don't really like the brown/milk chocolate coloured wood in the hallway or the red wallpaper. All white woodwork would probably look nicer.

Not sure if it belongs here but just found this cute pic from the 90s

199709-jackeroo-ranch.jpg

11 minutes ago, beau_t said:

Thanks for the info Dan. You mean it's not a real balcony that you can stand on or access from the house? Just decorative?

That's right, it's very difficult to notice on-screen due to camera angles, but if you stand underneath it then you'd just be looking up into a void.

You can just make it out in some of the stock shots:

summerbayhouse03.jpg?fit=749,511

Just now, beau_t said:

Wow, I'd never have suspected that. Was it the case with the original house (pre-fire) too? I feel cheated!

Yup, though back then the very front of the canopy above the steps did have a 'floor' so to speak, so it wasn't quite as obvious.

When you look at it long enough though, you do realise that the 'windows' at the front are pretty much at floor level compared to the rest of the upper storey :P

On 20/04/2017 at 0:03 AM, beau_t said:

They sometimes get the upstairs windows wrong, maybe deliberately to fit with filming practicalities. For example there's a scene in the early 2000s where Kristy is watching Kane from her bedroom window (the "boys" bedroom) but from the outside we see her looking out the "girls" window.

There was a scene, possibly one of the last filmed at SBH before the fire, with Dani & either Jade or Kirsty (I think Kirsty) on the upstairs enclosed verandah/balcony.

On 20/04/2017 at 2:20 AM, Dan F said:

That's right, it's very difficult to notice on-screen due to camera angles, but if you stand underneath it then you'd just be looking up into a void.

You can just make it out in some of the stock shots:

summerbayhouse03.jpg?fit=749,511

Oh wow, I assume it's for some kind of ventilation. I wonder how they filmed the scene up there then.