The Location Thread

ctang

2 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Amazing thank you. And so great to know it is close to A & J's bait shop. 

Probably about a 10-15 minute walk - from the Nash/Fraser apartment you can take the steps up to Beach Road, then walk through the small clifftop reserve which stretches round the back of Josie & Amanda's apartment - down the steps to where The Palace once stood and where Noah proposed to Hayley, and then walk the length of Fishermans Beach to the Beachside Diner and old Bait Shop.

This is a long shot but any idea where Andrew and Donna's apartment (briefly) was? It seemed to be on a great location right in front of the water, I always thought they should have re-used this in future instead of always bringing in a new set of apartment blocks every time (and ruining the idea of it being a tiny town).

• 2 weeks later...

Does watching H&A ever inspire you to visit Sydney?

Every time I visit Sydney I feel like I am part of H&A despite only visiting Palm Beach once. Every time I have visited Sydney I have bumped into a H&A star new or old!.

So that makes me want to watch H&A more. Every time I watch H&A I keep saying I wish I could visit Sydney again even thought mostly you only just see Palm Beach.

I wish they filmed more parts in Sydney and had characters get around Sydney more as its like a Summer Bay law  that characters cant set foot outside Summer Bay or Yabbie Creek unless they are leaving .

Yes, absolutely. Having grown up with H&A and Neighbours I've always wanted to visit Sydney and Melbourne. Of course there's more to it than just the shows - there's loads of great stuff to see and do in both cities - but Palm Beach and other H&A locations are right at the top of my list. Hopefully one day...

I went to Sydney in March 2007 but that was during my few year non viewing phase of H&A and Neighbours due to work schedules so I had gone off them by then and looking at the BTTB locations since, many major ones were far from any places in Sydney I went to which was the main central area. Something I regret now. I did go atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge which you may be able to see Epping. But most H&A locations are in Palm Beach, Avalon, Epping, Collaroy - all places I never went to or near. And I cannot find the real life place used as the exterior of the school in the early years.

But I made up for it in 2014 when I met Nicola Quilter who played Donna in H&A for 8 months, and Jason Donovan, whose father was in H&A for 2 months playing Al Simpson, Sophie's dad and Bobby's adoptive dad.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

I understand the sense of 'living in a tv show' as I lived in Manchester for a few years and it did have a real Coronation Street vibe to it especially as I would see them filming often too.

I do want to visit Sydney and go to a lot of the exterior sets that are on this website as well as the beach but I don't have any specific interest in the city of Sydney.

I technically live in a television hotspot but I have no interest in Game of Thrones. 

Edited by marcosb