The Location Thread

ctang

10 hours ago, Dan F said:

It would certainly appear so at the moment, with the Morgan House appearing in the very same ep I guess they used it as a direct replacement - though a casual viewer would probably think the set is either a slightly renovated Braxton or Palmer House anyway, so you have to wonder if it was worth it.

I knew of the Morgan House exterior location before seeing it on-screen, and thought it could lead to quite an interesting set design...so was a bit disappointed with what we ended up with to be honest.

I completely agree. While the old Braxton house wasn't the most special or interesting of sets, at least it has some history behind it. I don't know why they would throw away the opportunity to have two houses next door to one another and continue the neighbourly interactions, now between the Palmers and Morgans. Perhaps they wanted to be very clear that the Morgans were not Braxton replacements!

It does seem strange to throw away historic sets like Leah's house and the Braxton house, for a bland new set like the Morgan house.

8 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I'd like the Farm House to go!

I love the Farm house, always have. It's one of the most realistic sets on the show, and the only permanent 4-walled house set.

12 hours ago, cadyctslover said:

I completely agree. While the old Braxton house wasn't the most special or interesting of sets, at least it has some history behind it. I don't know why they would throw away the opportunity to have two houses next door to one another and continue the neighbourly interactions, now between the Palmers and Morgans. Perhaps they wanted to be very clear that the Morgans were not Braxton replacements!

It does seem strange to throw away historic sets like Leah's house and the Braxton house, for a bland new set like the Morgan house.

I love the Farm house, always have. It's one of the most realistic sets on the show, and the only permanent 4-walled house set.

I love the Farm House, but what I don't love is the fictional location. It's meant to be a long journey out of the bay, with an irregular bus journey but people jump from the farm to the beach in seconds whether they drive or not, then we have the residents regularly being shown drinking late at night when a bus won't be running, but somehow they get home. 

I always feel that whoever lives in the Farm House is always segregated from the rest of the bay, the Walkers less so, but still quite isolated.

That location made sense for the Campbells story, so I suppose we should be thankful they've kept the continuity of the location in part, but now the Caravan Park is back, it would fit better if they said the farm was near the park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c120701 said:

I love the Farm House, but what I don't love is the fictional location. It's meant to be a long journey out of the bay, with an irregular bus journey but people jump from the farm to the beach in seconds whether they drive or not, then we have the residents regularly being shown drinking late at night when a bus won't be running, but somehow they get home. 

I always feel that whoever lives in the Farm House is always segregated from the rest of the bay, the Walkers less so, but still quite isolated.

That location made sense for the Campbells story, so I suppose we should be thankful they've kept the continuity of the location in part, but now the Caravan Park is back, it would fit better if they said the farm was near the park.

I have to agree, the Farm House set is by far my favourite, but it's suppose to be isolated and far from the rest of the bay. The Bay should be a small community with every house close to one another, the last house used for the Braxton's seemed to be the perfect location, it will be a shame not to see the house again if that is the case. I still think a backlot where they have two or three houses would make for easier filming. There is also a house at Technology Park maybe they should make use of that location.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:26 PM, cadyctslover said:

We have had 4 walls to the SBH, quite recently too.

I'd love them to use a 4th wall for Irenes house too. 

Our current sets are; (please let me know if i forgot any)

- Summer Bay House, 

- Irene's House (the beach house)

- Salt

- The Surf Club 

- The diner

- The Gym

- The Hospital 

- The bait shop (on occasion)

- The school

- Roo/Charlotte's Apartment (above the diner)

- John and Maz's House

- The farm house

- The morgan house

We have lost the Braxton house and Leah's house recently, which has reduced the neighbourly aspect of this supposed small coastal town. 

Is there any way they can bring these locations closer. Maybe have Raffy and Ellie do an assignment on the geography of Summer Bay?? 

They could easily place the Morgan House near to the Palmer house as it's quite similar and is actually nearby. If they used Barrenjoey High School as Summer Bay High (going by the maps on BTTB) then it'd help too as the houses around it would look a similar style I guess to those we see.

Personally I'd have the Farm House girls move into the Diner flat.

Then I'd look to find a new arrangement for the Stewarts & MacGuires. I think Leah & Zac are a great fit for Summer Bay House, so maybe they could move Alf, Roo, Duncan & Bryce into a Beach House neighbouring Irene and bring in a new exterior for Irene's at the same time.

I do think the aerial shots of the bay don't help as you know there's no way the houses in the bay are anywhere near the beach, surf club or the diner.

Edited by c120701

• 2 months later...