The Location Thread

ctang

I visited Sydney again a little while ago and I really felt a Home and Away feeling just by being there, even though I didn't visit Palm Beach this time.

Would anyone like it if they filmed more in the city and other parts of Sydney? As it'd be nice to see more of Sydney and also be good to see characters visits places that aren't in Summer Bay or Yabbie Creek.

• Like 1

I went to Sydney in 2007 but that was during my non viewing phase of H&A. I regret it and wish I had spent a day doing Home And Away locations, Palm Beach. But meeting Nicola Quilter, aka Donna in H&A in 2014 is a great alternative, like meeting Jase Donovan from Neighbours in the same year. Never been to Melbourne but meeting Jason was a great alternative.

I know H&A filmed numerous times in the Sydney central area, esp 1993 and 1994.

I went in Summer (Northern Hemisphere Summer) 2013. Neighbours was on the up by that point, but Home & Away was taking a big dive.

Even though I felt (and still feel) quite disconnected from the show, I still visited Palm beach and some of the surrounding locations, thanks to the information on this site.

I would love to go again, hopefully within the next couple of years. I'd probably try and go on the Neighbours backlot tour, I was too late to book last time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have they stopped using the 'Braxton house' location? Of course Marilyn and John still live next door, but I don't think we've seen the interior set of the Braxton house since Ricky left.

If it has gone it's a bit of a shame because the house (at least the main part) is a fairly historic set having been around since the late 90's, even if the exterior location has changed multiple times.

However I was far more upset by the loss of Leah's house. At this point it seems very unlikely we'll see that location return.

18 minutes ago, cadyctslover said:

Have they stopped using the 'Braxton house' location? Of course Marilyn and John still live next door, but I don't think we've seen the interior set of the Braxton house since Ricky left.

If it has gone it's a bit of a shame because the house (at least the main part) is a fairly historic set having been around since the late 90's, even if the exterior location has changed multiple times.

It would certainly appear so at the moment, with the Morgan House appearing in the very same ep I guess they used it as a direct replacement - though a casual viewer would probably think the set is either a slightly renovated Braxton or Palmer House anyway, so you have to wonder if it was worth it.

I knew of the Morgan House exterior location before seeing it on-screen, and thought it could lead to quite an interesting set design...so was a bit disappointed with what we ended up with to be honest.

• Like 1