The Location Thread

ctang

Following on from the above location, we have the next incarnation of the same on-screen house. Whilst it's probably best remembered via stock shots when Sally & Flynn lived there, the location has actually been used for two other Summer Bay houses over the years. It's no longer standing, but we have pictures of it's replacement alongside the screenshots for comparison.

http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/garner-saunders-jefferies-house/

• Like 2

To finish off the set (see previous two posts), a bumper update today, with three new locations uploaded to the site :wink:

The much requested current locations for the Braxton House and the Palmer House have been added - as well as a bonus one from 1991, the Gibson House, which lies directly opposite.

Also included on the Braxton House page are pictures of the footpath and bridge over Careel Creek to the rear of the house, as well as another bonus in the second Street View tab.

A big thanks to QA for heading out to take the pics for these and all the other recent locations!

• Like 2

Thanks for the latest Braxton House updates Dan :) .

I always wonder with changes like this (and for example with Leah's house in 2009) what reason there is for the move. Do the owners of the actual location decide that they don't want to allow filming on their property, or is there a change in ownership? Or does a change in filming requirements mean that the producers make the decision to find another location?

Conversely was it a change in ownership for the Summer Bay House location that lead to a return in filming in 2015?

I always preferred the 2005-13 Hunter/Braxton and Austin/Palmer location, and disliked the changes it drove to the Austin/Palmer house in particular.

Edited by cadyctslover
  • Like 1

Take your pick from any of the above I guess - I don't suppose it's something that we're likely to find out :wink:

In the case of the Braxton/Palmer houses I suspect it may have been a production decision - the previous locations were on a reasonably busy road (with the unit base across the other side of the nearby main road) which would have made traffic control a bit of a nuisance, so the move to the end of a quieter cul-de-sac has certainly allowed more scenes to be filmed there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Where is the railway crossing where Laura was killed?

Over 100km away from the rest of 'Summer Bay' - I found it several years ago but will hopefully be adding it to the site very soon now that it's topical again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume to show is either paying for all the landscaping at Summer Bay House or the owners are just putting their fee to good use. It's looking so much better and I like that a lot of it is similar to how it used to be. I've also noticed that the roof doesn't look so grey - in certain lights there's almost a hint of red coming through.

• Like 1

Yes that what I thought. It looks great. (Shame we can't see the house from the caravan park like the old days because of the different position of it.) If you look on the location page on this site the updated google maps satellite images are there. You can see the difference the landscaping has made. Obviously not thick with bush like it was years ago but not so bare now :)