The Location Thread

ctang

On 12/31/2015 at 4:27 PM, Red Ranger 1 said:

As I said at the time, while it's a disappointment, they got rid of the Stewart house permanently when it has been an integral part of the show for 12 years and the show survived that, so I don't think the loss of Leah's house/the old Nash house is insurmountable.

It survived it but Imo the show missed that familiarity, especially when it was during a period of high change (2000-2001). With Ailsa and the Stewart House both gone within the space of 6 months it altered a dynamic within the show. And I personally wish that the set was still around and Alf was still living in it now along with Roo and whoever else they may have taken in. It probably would have become as iconic as Alf and Summer Bay House. Losing the Stewart House and Ailsa coincided with a shift Alf's character too and he's seemed quite unstable since then I think.

Edited by alexx

• 1 month later...

A few more locations have been uploaded to the site since my last post in here, and these additions now mean we have over 100 filming locations listed on the site:

Harry's Kidnap (the studio cottage where Jane Avent took Rachel & Tony's baby)
The Robertson House (Kim's aunt)
Naomi Preston's apartment (where Lucas went a bit stalkerish)

And today we have Morag & Richard Bellingham's city mansion from 1988-1989

Thanks to QA once again for being the one to go and take the pictures for us.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The location of Meg Bowman's Funeral has been uploaded to the site today, with the following locations also uploaded in recent weeks:

Federation Bank (2008)
Lily Nelson's Hostel
Elliot Gillen's House

Thanks again to QA for the pics.

There's also been a small update to the info on the Bellingham Mansion after the resident at the time got in touch with us.

http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to the Townhouse Apartment?? It was where former residents Brad and Tamsyn, Heather Armstrong, Roman Harris and Martha Holden, Morag Bellingham, Nicole Franklin, Adam Jefferies, Ross Buckton, David Gardner and Belle Taylor, Liam Murphy and Justin Jefferies used to live back in between 2007-2010. 

What episode number did we last saw it? 

I think it's been called that since 2001! I don't know, how often do these terms get used anyway? People keep talking about Summer Bay House but I don't think the term's been used in dialogue once in 28 years. I know it was still being referred to as the beach house in interviews at least as recently as 2009. But in real life people would just call it "Irene's place" rather than use some randomly assigned designation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think it's been called that since 2001! I don't know, how often do these terms get used anyway? People keep talking about Summer Bay House but I don't think the term's been used in dialogue once in 28 years. I know it was still being referred to as the beach house in interviews at least as recently as 2009. But in real life people would just call it "Irene's place" rather than use some randomly assigned designation.

The beach house made sense as an onscreen name when it was a share house.

I'm not sure when Summer Bay House started being used more online, but I think it was after the house burnt down in real life.

It's much like Leah's, which was referred to by Alf a few times as The Old Nash House, which stuck, but on screen it was otherwise just Travis's or Leah's.

Edited by c120701