The Location Thread

ctang

Some other locations I was curious about was Adens house in 2008 and Melodies house? I remember Geoff climbing out the window in an episode

They're both already in the Locations section on the site, the Jefferies House and the Jones House.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In today's Aus episodes it looks like they've changed the Summer Bay House exterior set again. The lattice is no longer covering the side door they use. It is moved over to where that extra door is and there is foliage around that area. However on the interior set there is still lattice covering the door which is now inaccurate. It seems they are experimenting and can't decide what to do. It's really nice to keep seeing this location though and hopefully we'll see scenes linking the house to the caravan park. :)

In today's Aus episodes it looks like they've changed the Summer Bay House exterior set again. The lattice is no longer covering the side door they use. It is moved over to where that extra door is and there is foliage around that area. However on the interior set there is still lattice covering the door which is now inaccurate. It seems they are experimenting and can't decide what to do. It's really nice to keep seeing this location though and hopefully we'll see scenes linking the house to the caravan park. :)

It's been over the other door since they started using the house again as they can't have people exit from the side if they cover the door they use. They actually moved the lattice on the interior set so it didn't cover the door, however from the angle they shoot the door from now you don't see that. I doubt we'd ever see a scene like that of us looking at Sally outside the screen door from that angle again as we'd see the backdrop. The side porch is now effectively huge as it extends back over the laundry room, so on the interior you now see the trellis through the laundry window as the light shines through. 

• Like 1

I'm just catching up as I've been away. Has Leah's house changed again or has it just had wooden cladding added? I'm sure it changed to a brick building.

EDIT: I've just found it in the locations section and it always had the cladding, I think I must have just glimpsed at it and assumed it was brick.

Edited by c120701

I'm just catching up as I've been away. Has Leah's house changed again or has it just had wooden cladding added? I'm sure it changed to a brick building.

EDIT: I've just found it in the locations section and it always had the cladding, I think I must have just glimpsed at it and assumed it was brick.

Though it's interesting to note that they constructed a facade around the front of the real house for scenes shown this year.

This was presumably to facilitate the...

fire scenes

...but it also extends it out slightly further to the right, making the inconsistency with the set that we note on the Location page a little less obvious.

• 1 month later...

There were actually some exterior scenes of Roo and James's house filmed in today's aussie episodes. Looks like a nice area. We also saw the stock shot of Irene's house earlier in the week. Though the original is far better.

We haven't seen the actual caravan park for a while now. I heard there was some severe flooding there in April. Has anyone heard anything more about that? Maybe if they moved it higher away from the creek, nearer the back of the house where it used to be, then there would be no problems with flooding.