The Location Thread

ctang

Now we often see characters walking down a "Beach Path" when they are coming into the caravan park. It looks very similar to the one we see at Palm beach. - Good continuity with the locations there. It still would be nice to see characters walk from the caravan park to the house.

Speaking of locations, we have seen the stock shot of the front of Leah's house s couple of times now. It looks very nice but not sure it matches the interior.

Also I'm intrigued to know where the exterior scenes of Summer Bay High are filmed these days. It's not the original location is it? :)

The stock shot of Leah's is the house that was introduced in 2009, though they haven't used it too much recently - and you're right in that it doesn't match the interior.

The most recent incarnation of Summer Bay High is out at Richmond, we do have four of the previous locations already photographed (the ones that are still standing) and once the Locations revamp is done (which we're doing as we speak) I'll hopefully start getting some of them up finally.

In today's Australian episode did anyone else notice the extra door on SBH when Matt and Maddy were talking outside? I thought they'd covered it with the lattice but obviously not. I wonder if they'll work it so it's a separate door into the laundry.

It's probably just best to forget we saw that, it won't have been intentional. The lattice does usually hide it but they panned around a bit too far. :P

• Like 1

Yeah that's been on my To Find list for a few years now, no joy as yet though! It may not even be standing anymore. The only one we do know and is awaiting upload is his very first store/bait shop on the waterfront.

Yeah that's been on my To Find list for a few years now, no joy as yet though! It may not even be standing anymore. The only one we do know and is awaiting upload is his very first store/bait shop on the waterfront.

I was looking at the exterior of the Stewart Store and to me it looks like a building in the middle of a street that has been cornered off by the art department (basically erecting a partition across the pavement). Whereas on screen I always got the impression that it was a building all on its own somewhere across the road from the beach.

Edited by alexx
  • Like 1

I was looking at the exterior of the Stewart Store and to me it looks like a building in the middle of a street that has been cornered off by the art department (basically erecting a partition across the pavement). Whereas on screen I always got the impression that it was a building all on its own somewhere across the road from the beach.

Yeah they obviously just put up that partition across the pavement so that it would match the interior set, which has the billboard hiding some of the backdrop.

They never filmed any exterior scenes at either that store or his previous larger store, other than the stock shots - any scenes that were supposed to be 'near' the large store were either filmed near the Surf Club or in Ryde (which was very built-up for Summer Bay). The only scene I've seen so far that was supposed to be 'outside' the current store was in the town centre of Palmy (that scene where Sam nearly got hit by Revhead's car).

What we do see of the backdrop would place it somewhere around this area in 'Summer Bay', on the hill behind Ailsa's old store.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...