The Location Thread

ctang

Regarding the diner set, in the early years Andrew was counselling clients in a back room of the diner but had to move because the health inspector said they couldn't use the kitchen as a thorough- fare to the back room I'm guessing Marilyn's salon is the same room with the door moved, maybe it's a hallway door which leads to the other half of the building, maybe there was other parts of the building leased seperately we only saw the location from one angle for all those years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am really enjoying seeing different shots of Summer Bay House. In recent Aus episodes it looks like the lattice on the interior set has maybe been altered again so it reflects the fact the outside one no longer comes in front of the door. I could be wrong though. Nice to see a nighttime stock shots of the house. That could have just as easily altered the laundry set so it had the door and made the laundry a bit bigger. I mean several people's washing to do and sheets for the caravan park. - You would expect them to have a bigger utility room and possibly more than one washing machine for this. Also we got to see Roo and co driving up the path. This probably leads to the caravan park.

On the subject of the caravan park, I know that people have wondered why they have not located the park round the back of the house where it used to be. I have thoughts as to why this could be. Before the original house burnt down it burnt down it was the Jackeroo Ranch. I believe they used to have accommodation for riders there. It makes me wonder if the original caravan park was the real location off screen for riders. Now it‘s owned by new people it's probably a private residence and they probably don't want a load of vans right near the house. Maybe that was a condition of them filming there again. Or as said by others in the thread it could be due to bush fire safety. These are just my own personal theories. Hopefully soon we'll have updates to the location pages and full details on this :) Perhaps they might make it more sandy in the future. However, I am just pleased they are back there.

Yes I've wondered before about the original caravan park before, and what purpose, if any, it served in real life.

As for the laundry, we saw (I think it was around 2011) that there is actually a separate laundry building located somewhere in the park, as we saw Morag taking sheets in there when she looked after the park for a while. Of course the park has changed so many times who knows if that's still the case as it was never originally the case.

Edited by beau_t

Yes I vaguely remember that. Hopefully they'll keep things in the caravan park consistent now.

Not sure if this is the right place but I wonder when we'll see the burger phone on screen. It was mentioned ages ago somewhere on the forum that it was back on the diner set.

Edited by aussiesoapfan

• 1 month later...

Just a vague question really. How come back in the day, SBH had enough space for half a dozen kids?

Now they seem to suggest there is barely room for four or five people.

I would love to see it with loads of people again. Ditto, the beach house.

The producers obsession with certain characters in the last few years has been reflected in the number of characters living in Braxton manor and the farm house.

Bring back the missing bedrooms in the former. And fill them up.

Please Dan.

Edited by kmp1963

• 2 weeks later...

Now we often see characters walking down a "Beach Path" when they are coming into the caravan park. It looks very similar to the one we see at Palm beach. - Good continuity with the locations there. It still would be nice to see characters walk from the caravan park to the house.

Speaking of locations, we have seen the stock shot of the front of Leah's house s couple of times now. It looks very nice but not sure it matches the interior.

Also I'm intrigued to know where the exterior scenes of Summer Bay High are filmed these days. It's not the original location is it? :)

In today's Australian episode did anyone else notice the extra door on SBH when Matt and Maddy were talking outside? I thought they'd covered it with the lattice but obviously not. I wonder if they'll work it so it's a separate door into the laundry.