The Location Thread

ctang

Did Leah never have a scene in the original caravan park? Surely she did when Ted was around.

Ada joined the show in 2000 and the site burnt down in late 2002, so I would have thought so. I guess she would know though!

I couldn't help but find it funny that there was actually more discussion on Summer Bay House than the actual episodes last week... :P

I'm glad it's caused such eager discussion, it's absolutely fantastic to have such an iconic location back on screen. But as you suggest, what does that say about the standard of the storylines at the moment that the SBH location is the bigger talking point!

• Like 1

I couldn't help but find it funny that there was actually more discussion on Summer Bay House than the actual episodes last week... :P

I'm glad it's caused such eager discussion, it's absolutely fantastic to have such an iconic location back on screen. But as you suggest, what does that say about the standard of the storylines at the moment that the SBH location is the bigger talking point!

Or could it be that the long term supporters of the show who are still enthusiastic supporters of the current show were just as happy about the return of the Summer Bay House as those who are not as enthusiastic about current storylines and so don't post in discussion of them.

And after 13 years they are back at the original location for the Summer bay caravan park or at least in stock shots... Now hopefully they can go back to the original beach house.

Yay I'm so happy about it tbh. Its about time! Hopefully they do some exterior scenes :)

Here's the stock shot

Summer%20Bay%20House2_zpszy0k6l4i.jpg

I noticed that it's quite a drive away from Palm Beach itself. Still looks perfect, but it lacks the red roof. Maybe Alf's "well hit two wood" comment in the pilot means he is VERY VERY good at golf.

Edited by Luigi Severus Fletcher

I notice Tina Thomsen (Finlay) has also commented on the return of Summer Bay House calling it her old home. Sweet.

Brilliant - is she on Twitter?

I think it was on instagram, she commented on one of Lynne McGranger's photos of the house.

Correct Tina commented on a photo of the house that Lynne uploaded on Instagram.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure what they're going to do with that. As you'll recall, that corner of the verandah was filled in on the old house (it was a laundry) and the porch sat on the outside of that. One of the very few changes they made to the exterior when they rebuilt it was to remove the old laundry so that the verandah continues around that corner.

They have definitely increased the size of the lattice side porch on the interior set now and it does go back a lot further than it used to too. I suspect they will have a replica one that they will put up when filming at the exterior house, to disguise the fact that the veranda now goes all the way round. But we will see.

Yeah thinking about it they could just stick a bit of trellis inside the verandah if they wanted to, though it might look a bit odd, and just frame it carefully to hide the other set of french doors.

Well that question has now been answered, the trellis has indeed been added to the verandah and it works rather nicely. More-so than the old version actually, considering the shape never matched the interior, and it also explains why the porch on the interior set is now larger.

6136_zpsqccdddhl.jpg

Didn't hide that extra door though :P