The Location Thread

ctang

Thinking about it as well, they could always turn the house around in the interior, so say the front door was the side door they always use - it might actually fit the set a lot better.

I was trying to think why that wouldn't work....but couldn't come up with a reason :P Guess it would just be that same corner of the house again, instead of a lack of porch it'd be a lack of patio.

Interesting idea though I think I'd prefer it to stay as it is

Thinking about it as well, they could always turn the house around in the interior, so say the front door was the side door they always use - it might actually fit the set a lot better.

I was trying to think why that wouldn't work....but couldn't come up with a reason :P Guess it would just be that same corner of the house again, instead of a lack of porch it'd be a lack of patio.

Interesting idea though I think I'd prefer it to stay as it is

Oh yeah, it'd be a big change after 27 years to suddenly have the house turned around and actually if they did like they did with the Pier Diner before the Australia Day riot they could actually construct some false walls and a porch when they're filming to make that side match the interior set.

It was so nice to see the shot of the H&A house once again...... even if is a new house with a white roof; even though it's "just a house" it makes the show feel more like the H&A of old again and was very refreshing. Love seeing the exterior shots too on the veranda.

Edited by gutterboy
  • Like 1

Caught up today and saw the house. It was great seeing it back in use and adds great history and realism to the show and who better to feature in the first scene than Alf and Roo, who of course lived there long before the Fletchers arrived.

Yes, the drive is more visible and there are less trees so outside the house looks different. But it hasn't been on screen for 13 years so these changes are subtle, not like a certain VJ Patterson I may mention.

• Like 1

Ada filmed at the house today for the first time - that door is the new one I mentioned that wouldn't match up with the interior (it'd be somewhere near the desk on the set), though I do spy what I presume to be Alf's fishing rod next to it, so maybe it will be integrated somehow :P

Did Leah never have a scene in the original caravan park? Surely she did when Ted was around.

Hopefully they at least put some trellis in front of that door.

Edited by c120701

Yes I found it a bit weird when Roo was on the phone outside the door near the laundry last week where the trellis is and in the same episode on the outside the trellis wasn't around.

And we also need to remember the actual front door is somewhere past the stairs. This was always the way and the other doors are just side doors.

Yes I found it a bit weird when Roo was on the phone outside the door near the laundry last week where the trellis is and in the same episode on the outside the trellis wasn't around.

We haven't actually seen that side of the house on-screen yet, with the 'outside' of the door they always use - all the scenes have been shot at the front of the house so far. Hence the speculation over the last few pages as to what they'll do :wink:

I couldn't help but find it funny that there was actually more discussion on Summer Bay House than the actual episodes last week... :P