The Location Thread

ctang

Not sure if this helps for any further locations, but the location of the motel where Aden and Liam had their fight on the roof and what not is The Best Western Colonial Motel, in Richmond... It's one of my work places :P

Just up the road from my house too!!

I wonder where in Vineyard it is, because there isn't a great view of the mountains from there, unlike Pitt Town...

Edited by sarahpony

• 3 weeks later...

The actual fishing scenes were at the base of Turimetta Head at Warriewood - the same location used over the years as 'Jump Rock'.

Once they started walking towards Jack's grave, the location was switched to La Perouse near Botany Bay - adjacent to the NSW Golf Club. These cliffs are also the same cliffs where Noah's memorial service (and his goodbye scene) were filmed, as well as the Rev Hall climax scenes.

The scenes at the latter, with all the fighting etc. were filmed on 24th February.

We've had a few questions on locations recently - would anyone object to merging them and creating a general Location thread for such questions?

In case anyone didn't see my post last week - the building where Irene and Belle attended the AA meeting was in fact the real life Surf Club at Palm Beach.

There's not much to go on other than a road and some hills. But given they were filming at Penrith Lakes the same week (and they tend to group location shoots together), I suspected it was somewhere along the Castlereagh/Old Castlereagh Road, purely on the proximity of the hills - however I don't seem to be able to track it down...so it may not be.....