The Location Thread

ctang

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like how big they are making the caravan park look in this week's episodes as it doesn't tie in with the show's history. They are using way too many caravans, wood cabins, a few gazebos (there was originally only one white one) and if the hill Marilyn and Miles were walking down is supposed to represent the old hill coming down from the house they have got it all wrong as it was too big and the original never had vans on it. Also, the laundry block is way too big.

If the rumours of them rebuilding the original Sumer Bay House are true, then I would like them to rebuild an exact replica of it, and the caravan park. The caravan park was always just a small area, and even the bit used in 2007 when Alf knocked Pippa down was more true to life than the bit they used this week.

I quite agree with you here, the new loaction they have recently been using for the Caravan park (a real life caravan site) is far too big in size compared to the original, and even subsequent versions. It's far too 'posh' and glamorous for a small seaside caravan park. I think this choice was a mistake and a shows a real lack of continuity to the history and supposed location of the caravan park. I hope if they do rebuild an exterior Summer Bay House set, that, as you say, they make it more in line with what long term viewers think of as the Caravn park, making it smaller, more intimate and less glam.

The new caravan park inside the Lane Cove River National Park and it is the Lane Cover River Caravan Park that they are using (about 5 mins from me). I quite like the new park, though I do miss the old one.

Last nights episode - the bridge they walked over and next to the water was in Bobbin Head National Park in North Turramurra.

Indeed it was Bobbin Head, and the gates that Miles pulled up at were at Apple Tree Bay just up the road

It's in a studio - that's what I love about the new lighting and set designs, it all looks so natural and fresh - i.e light coming in from the windows, rather than the studio over head style most soaps have.

Edited by alexx

It's in a studio - that's what I love about the new lighting and set designs, it all looks so natural and fresh - i.e light coming in from the windows, rather than the studio over head style most soaps have.

I agree with that to a certain extent, the sets do look more natural. The only issue I have with the new set designs and lighting is that they seem to appear very 'samey' i.e Irenes house, Tony's place, Ginas house, they all are just white and decorated in similar fashions. I also think they should have offered some onscreen explanations for the changes. I also rather dislike some of the AWFUL wallpapers and colours used. Leahs living room is so dark with that hideous green wallpaper and the horrible pantomime purples and reds colours used in the Summer Bay house are just as bad. Would any of teh characters really decorate their houses in thsi way? I very much doubt it. I actually preffered the old look much more, I think sometimes it can look just abit TOO real. the issue with the light coming through the windows is again, making everything looks very dull and dingy.

Is the interior of Martha's house shot on location or in the studio? If it's in the studio then I am really impressed.

Of course it was on location during the Campbell era, and the replica they made for the studio is indeed impressive.

How can bright 'sunshine' flooding the sets make them look 'dull and dingy'? I dont get that. I know I've read elsewhere how someone wished Summer Bay House was back to being the way it was during the 90's... i.e simple, basic as that was all they could afford...etc But it has to be remembered that a well paid (presumably) doctor has lived there since then.

I really disliked SBH redecorating when it was first done, but now they have altered all the lighting the colors aren't so glaring and nasty looking. Leah's kitchen is really nice, sunny etc but I wish they'd kept the fireplace.

I love the beach house set now its been redecorated and the new lighting, although we havent seen a lot of it this year. I think the farm has to be one of my current favorite sets though.

Edited by alexx

Is the interior of Martha's house shot on location or in the studio? If it's in the studio then I am really impressed.

Of course it was on location during the Campbell era, and the replica they made for the studio is indeed impressive.

The reason I wasn't sure was because I knew it was on location before. I must say they have done a fantastic job.