The Location Thread

ctang

I agree.

It's one of the few locations that I'm working on at the moment for the site - its most likely around the Hawkesbury Shire area, probably Windsor/Richmond way.

I recognise it as the same location they used last time for the Campbell farm.

That's because it is the Campbell farm - Martha bought it when it went up for sale when Jeff and Annies grandfather died and Jeff couldn't carry on.

Mistified knew that and was just commenting that it was indeed the same filming location they were using, as opposed to a new one being used. Besides, the post was from a year ago :wink:

A rather memorable location from 2005/2006 (despite it only appearing in a few episodes) has been uploaded to the site today.

2 locations a couple of years apart, yet a few doors down from each other, have been uploaded to the site over the weekend.

And after a very productive day for QA in the Northern Beaches over the weekend - our list of locations that have been photographed and awaiting upload has increased to over 50.

I don't like how big they are making the caravan park look in this week's episodes as it doesn't tie in with the show's history. They are using way too many caravans, wood cabins, a few gazebos (there was originally only one white one) and if the hill Marilyn and Miles were walking down is supposed to represent the old hill coming down from the house they have got it all wrong as it was too big and the original never had vans on it. Also, the laundry block is way too big.

If the rumours of them rebuilding the original Sumer Bay House are true, then I would like them to rebuild an exact replica of it, and the caravan park. The caravan park was always just a small area, and even the bit used in 2007 when Alf knocked Pippa down was more true to life than the bit they used this week.

I don't like how big they are making the caravan park look in this week's episodes as it doesn't tie in with the show's history. They are using way too many caravans, wood cabins, a few gazebos (there was originally only one white one) and if the hill Marilyn and Miles were walking down is supposed to represent the old hill coming down from the house they have got it all wrong as it was too big and the original never had vans on it. Also, the laundry block is way too big.

If the rumours of them rebuilding the original Sumer Bay House are true, then I would like them to rebuild an exact replica of it, and the caravan park. The caravan park was always just a small area, and even the bit used in 2007 when Alf knocked Pippa down was more true to life than the bit they used this week.

I quite agree with you here, the new loaction they have recently been using for the Caravan park (a real life caravan site) is far too big in size compared to the original, and even subsequent versions. It's far too 'posh' and glamorous for a small seaside caravan park. I think this choice was a mistake and a shows a real lack of continuity to the history and supposed location of the caravan park. I hope if they do rebuild an exterior Summer Bay House set, that, as you say, they make it more in line with what long term viewers think of as the Caravn park, making it smaller, more intimate and less glam.

I quite agree with you here, the new loaction they have recently been using for the Caravan park (a real life caravan site) is far too big in size compared to the original, and even subsequent versions. It's far too 'posh' and glamorous for a small seaside caravan park. I think this choice was a mistake and a shows a real lack of continuity to the history and supposed location of the caravan park. I hope if they do rebuild an exterior Summer Bay House set, that, as you say, they make it more in line with what long term viewers think of as the Caravn park, making it smaller, more intimate and less glam.

Last year Cameron Walsh said they were supposed to start building the house in January but nothing has been mentioned since. I really do hope they go through with this. I loved the exterior shots of the house and it would be great to have the caravan park back on a long term basis and we might even get to see Colleen's mobile home!