The Location Thread

ctang

I wonder why they dont just use the 1988-2006 church, I think its the perfect location what with that beautiful landscape as the backdrop, not to mention the nostalgia! :)

Its still same church isn't it?

No, if you look in the Locations section you'll see that they used the church in Pitt Town up until 2006, then they moved to Wilberforce where we had Kim and Rachel's wedding etc. and all the Rev Hall stuff - and this week they're using a different church in Pitt Town.

It does make you wonder why they don't use the original anymore, the view from there really is spectacular and of course its part of the show's history as you say. I imagine there's some boring logistical reason for it, or perhaps the church didn't want them filming there for some reason.

I tried looking up 'Summer Bay House' on Google Earth at 138 McClymonts Road Kenthurst last night at first to no avail, although obviously it could have changed or been demolished all together now, I was looking for a red roof and some land in amongst the bush. So I had another look today and I think this is it, although it still looks burnt out. The landscape around the house appears to match where the two drive ways were and that steep path leading up to the front of the house!

The area looks completely isolated from up above, I wonder how they found the location back in the 1980's it would be interesting.

Back looking from where Colleen's mobile home was:

sbhh.jpg

Front where the old 'Summer Bay House' sign was:

sbbs.jpg

Edited by alexx

I noticed today that they have changed the outdoor location of Leah's again and I dont like the look of it. I wish they'd keep to one house, that goes for all of the other outdoor locations - its not like they actually go out there and film at them often so why do they have to change them all of the time. The new current one is nothing like the previous one and at first I thought it was a small unit I had to go back and pause to realize it was a house with its own garden.

Edited by alexx

Yup that's the one Alexx - there is a link to the Google Aerial image on the site so you could have saved yourself a bit of a search :wink: It's been the same image on there for years.

The Bing (Microsoft) alternative is even older with the house still standing and some of the caravans just visible - you can see how much bushland the fires wiped out when compared with the other images

jackeroo-1.jpg

It'll be very interesting to see how the new house that Seven are building compares when we see it on screen (assuming the build goes ahead as planned) - I know I for one will be pedantically scrutinising the placement of things.....here's hoping they've got plenty of old pictures, or have been watching old episodes to get good reference material!

Yeah the new location for Leah's house is an odd one - it is the same location that they had last year when Charlie's car was covered in grafitti, but I was hoping it was a one off. However there's at least 3 new stock shots of that house that I've seen, so I think its safe to say the move is permanent. The shape is completely wrong for Leah's house considering there's rooms off to the right of the hallway as you go through the front door (which doesn't match either now).

Incidentally, that door at the back of Leah's lounge heading left....unless we're meant to believe there's another hallway down there, I'm sure its purpose seems to change from bedroom to bathroom every other week....

Thanks for the pointer - I somehow missed that link on the site, I had a look for one as well! :blink:

Wow comparing the two images, it was so lush, I remember a very wide stock shot of SBH from the mid 90's and remembered there being loads of thick bush out in front of the house. Its such a shame the location was gutted by fires, looking at the aerial shot of the whole area I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Edited by alexx