The Location Thread

ctang

Sydney has a light rail system which is what you saw passing - it was filmed in Chinatown (as Derrick mentioned) in Kimber Lane, opposite the Paddy's Markets building which you can see in the background.

Yep, I recognised it in fact as we stayed in the Holiday Inn there last year. I called my husband in to watch as we were so excited to see somewhere so familar on screen. We were also on Palm Beach but the novelty of seeing that on screen has worn off now :lol:

The scenes were in fact filmed directly at the rear of the Holiday Inn with Angelo and Derrick entering their building

Seriously!? Ah that's nice. Reminds me of my honeymoon :wub:

Symphony, It's a raised monorail thingie really, more than a tram. It goes right past some of the 3rd floor bedroom windows of the Holiday Inn. Thankfully we were on the 5th so didn't have commuters looking in our window. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded Luke Jacobz looking in my bedroom window... :unsure::wink:

Edited by Mistified

They have both - the monorail passes the front of the Holiday Inn whilst the light rail system (or 'tram') runs along Hay Street, both of them meeting there and running alongside each other from Paddy's Markets to Darling Harbour.

You do actually see the monorail also, passing outside the window when Angelo and Derrick are having their little showdown in the car park. The shot of the light rail which Symphony referred to was when Derrick first turns into Kimber Lane.

^ Sorry for double posting, but I am now about to raise a new topic!

I hope this won't be considered a spoiler, but on the official site there is a picture of Geoff entering a Church. It didn't look familiar to me from the position of the door, so I looked up the location section. It seems that this Chuch might be a different one to the two previously used for St. James' church. Am I correct? If so, where is this new one? Thanks.

It is indeed, well spotted :wink:

This week they use the Scots Church in Pitt Town, which is in fact just across the road from the old location.

Incidentally, this seems a good place as any to say it - apologies for some of the Street Views now being wrong on the main site - Google have changed their coding, and whilst its still 'stood' in the same position, it may be rotated to face the wrong direction. I need to go through and change them all at some point.

If you go to the St James Church (1988-2006) location streetview (and turn around 180 degrees so you're actually facing the church in the distance...darn Google) you'll in fact see the Scots Church amongst the trees on the left in the middle of the 2 roads.