Joey/Charlie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard that H&A were going to attempt a lesbian storyline I was disappointed. I have wanted this storyline for years but was worried that the time was not now. Plus I was hoping for a little guy on guy action.

But now I apologize. This storyline has not only introduced a character that many can relate to, it has also kind of completed a character that I feel was missing something when she arrived.

I hated Charlie... but now I understand her.

And I simply love Joey.

I haven't written fanfiction in a long time (a year, maybe longer) but I am beginning to get a few plot bunnies roaming around because of this pairing.

I refuse to mix their names. I refuse to put a forward slash between them.

They are Charlie & Joey.

And they are the ultimate OTP!

To be honest i didn't think this story would interest me much because i'm not really a Charlie fan. But i was welling up today when she told Joey she wasn't going to act on her feelings. It was the way Joey said 'why?' It was like she was trying really hard not to cry.

I'm really warming to Joey and think she's a great addition to the cast. She's so pretty too, in a completely understated way. I love how they've dealt with their relationship so far and hope it continues without becoming too much of a cliche.

This relationship isn't working for me. I just don't find myself believing them as a couple. They both are also dealing with their situation really badly.

Charlie being confused is very realistic and I can understand why she is acting the way she is. But I would be more understanding and sympathetic towards her if it was with any other girl. Joey has been through alot in recent weeks, emotionally and physically. And then to top it off she gets kicked out of her home by her own brother because he can't handle her being gay. She needed (and still needs) some stability in her life and someone she can rely on, not someone who keeps going back and forth with her. Giving her hope and then pushing her away repeatedly. Charlie shouldn't have to feel like it's her job to make everything in Joey's life okay but she does need to make a desicion and stick with it until she can sort out her feelings and decides if shes willing to be with Joey or not. It will be better in the long run for Joey as well as her.

Joey on the other hand needs to stop being so pushy with Charlie. It's understandable that she must be frustrated and wishes Charlie would just be honest with herself but forcing the issue is not the answer. Charlie needs time to come to terms with whats shes feeling and to be comfortable with the idea of it. Charlie shouldn't have to be made to feel guilty for not being able to accept these new feelings of hers immediately or horrible for not being able to give Joey what she needs.

I'd be happier with this storyline if Charlie admitted she liked Joey but was firm in letting her know that nothing can happen between them (and stick with it) until she's sure shes ready for comes with it. And Joey no matter how much that hurts her would realise that this is something that Charlie needs to work out for herself and not feel pressured into making her decision. I don't think Charlie or Joey realise just what they are doing to each other but it's still making me not like this pairing very much.

Edited by Jody

Jarlie scenes tonight were awesome. :wub::wub: [Aus pace]

Im just so sad that they arent going to last. Stupid Joey leaving. I hope she comes back!

hey it is not stupid Joey for leaving( though I'm mad she does) it is stupid Charlie for sleeping with hugo (or should I say ugh)

Edited by Jamey-Maria
Spoiler Tags

Jarlie scenes tonight were awesome. :wub::wub: [Aus pace]

Im just so sad that they arent going to last. Stupid Joey leaving. I hope she comes back!

hey it is not stupid Joey for leaving( though I'm mad she does) it is stupid Charlie for sleeping with hugo (or should I say ugh)

Yes it is! Because if she leaves it means no more Jarlie!

:(

Stupid isnt the word for Charlie sleeping with Hugo! :angry:

Edited by Jamey-Maria
Spoiler Tags

I've just been informed of a petition making the rounds to keep Charlie and Joey together. If you wouldn't mind taking a few moments to sign it that would be awesome.

It's at TIG

(http://petitions.tigweb.org/charlieandjoey?view=signatures&viewall=true). It's garnered 42 signatures so far in the last 5h from YouTube alone. Please sign up for an account at TIG first as it is a formal and legitimate petition site.

Please pass this on to family and friends so as many people as possible sign it. Thank you.

-----------------

It's been doing the rounds on Facebook, Youtube & Charlie and Joey's Forum

:)

------------------

I'm choosing to blame Hugo for Chugo (makes me want to vomit) sleeping together because I can't bring myself to blame Charlie because I love her so much. Plus he sleeps with her when he KNOWS Jarlie are together, what kind of a man allows someone to cheat? Him obviously. But this is the same guy that confesses his love for his dead cousins widow mind you.