Anesthesia

Guest adellejefferiesxox

hey people, my friend (who is 17 years old) is going to have a mole removed off their neck. I've never had local anesthesia or been in sugery so I dont know what to tell her to calm her nerves. What can she expect? What does local anesthesia feel like? Any advice would be great :) Please share your experience.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is she going to be asleep or is it just local?If she's going to sleep she should be asleep by the time she's finished counting to 10.She'll probably wake up and wonder if they've started yet,i did that once lol.

If it's only local it feels a bit like being drunk,you're very lightheaded and can talk a lot.I once told the anethetist i loved him!

I'm not sur how or if that helps,just being there for her is the best thing you can do for her.She'll probably worry regardless of what anyone says.

If it's only local it feels a bit like being drunk,you're very lightheaded and can talk a lot.I once told the anethetist i loved him!

Are you serious? :huh: The mole is on her neck, she is going to receive local anethetic. The anesthic is only suppose to numb the area.... strange how it affected you.

I have only had general anesthesia. The best thing for your friend to do is ask as many questions as she can. Talk to other people who have had a local. Do research. Sorry i can only comment for a general.

Are you serious? :huh: The mole is on her neck, she is going to receive local anethetic. The anesthic is only suppose to numb the area.... strange how it affected you.

If they are just numbing the area then she'll just feel some pressure on it while they are doing whatever, thats all. Like someone putting their palm on the area and pressing down. It's not painful or anything.

I've had the anaesthesia where you're put to sleep. I woke up and the blood pressure thingy was really tight around my arm, so I yanked it off... which led to a few machines going crazy and a few nurses running at me with their arms flailing and screaming "No!!! Don't touch anything!", and I was all drowsy and like "It's killing me arm!". Good times, good times...

But local anaesthesia is fine. Your friend shouldn't feel anything. It'll just be a bit weird, and there may be a bit of pressure, but that's all. :)

Ouch your tougue! Does anyone know if local anesthesia makes people drowsy, or does it affect your mental state kind of thing? :blink: And is local anesthesia used to numb an area for mole removal (in this case the neck) the same as getting local anesthesia in the gum when you get your teeth pulled out. Is it the same thing? :huh:

I recently had a small skin cancer taken off the side of my face. I didn't feel anything except a bit of pressure. It was a bit strange afterwards because it was sort of close to my eye and I couldn't close that eye. It went back to normal in a couple of hours.

Archived