A question about my CV

Guest Miranda

I am wondering whether to put my hobby of writing fanfics down on my CV/resume. I really enjoy writing them and it takes up quite a bit of my time, so surely its a valid interest? If I do put it on there, should I put what sort of fanfics I write and what series I write for?

Anyone have the answer? :unsure:

I agree with Dan, definitely put writing because it's a valid interest and one that shows a degree of creativity and as Dan said language skill but CVs generally should be to the point with no elaboration, it should be a bare minimum, you elaborae if you get through to interview.

Thanks for your advice :). I put: 'my interests are: writing, both creative and nonfiction' [then the other interests]. So I hope that sums it up. I also put what articles I've had published, but it is all under a small section 'Interests and Skills' so not too showy offy.

I was a bit wary of putting that I write fanfiction anyway, cos to some interviewers that would say 'weirdo' due to all the weird stuff there is on the internet :o

Archived