Woman 'traded children for bird'

Guest xGlowingAngelx

Am I the only one who's concerned that a pet cockatoo costs $1000? I suppose it's in the US, and they're not just flying around, screeching into the wee small hours of the morning.

Desperate or not, you have to suss that something's up when someone is willing to trade kids for a bird. I get that these deals sometimes go on to the benefit of both parties, and even the kids when they end up with parents better equipped to take care of them, but... a bird... is not what I would consider a reasonable transaction.

Very strange people.

i though that too, maybe it has a gold plated beak...

how a mother could do that to her children amazes me... for a bird...? :blink:

Am I the only one who's concerned that a pet cockatoo costs $1000? I suppose it's in the US, and they're not just flying around, screeching into the wee small hours of the morning.

Yeah, Cockatoo's cost quite a bit back in Ire / UK too. I was really surprised [and awed] to see them flying wild around Sydney! :)

This is just .. demented. I can't help but wonder was the woman mentally stable - I mean, you can't just trade children like that ...

What's the world coming to :(

Archived