Australians should ALWAYS host the Oscars!

Guest *Maddie*

I've only seen bits and pieces so far, but Hugh jackman = Pure Awesomeness! :wub:

I adored the "Musicals are Back!" number. He seemed so genuinely excited too :D. Zac and Vanessa were really good. I was slightly worried when I heard they were doing something. But they didn't disappoint.

Yay for Heath! :D Totally well deserved.

I watched this in the UK from 11pm (the Red Carpet stuff) right up to the end of the awards at 5am.

The breaks were becoming annoying, which seemed to be after every award, or in some cases, after a performance/speech. It's the kind of show that you just want to sit and watch without breaks every 10 minutes. I guess its just a break also for the people sitting their in the actual theatre watching.

Saying that, I enjoyed the content of the actual ceremony, my favourite being the Hugh/Beyonce, Zac/Vanessa, Amanada/Dominic musical performance. It was great!

Was it just be but did Jennifer Aniston actually give a big smile to Brad/Angelia, I mean it looked like that, if she did it just goes to show how much the media like to twist stories and make it seem like there is hatred amongst them.

Obviously well done to everyone for their awards but I am glad that Kate Winslet won the Best Actress award and glad that Slumdog Millionnaire did fantastically well.

When the supporting actor/actress, best actor/actress award was being awarded I liked the whole idea of 5 previous winners speaking on stage about the nominees. I have never watched the Oscars before, so I don't know if that has been the structure for the previous awards, but it was a good way to present to nominees.

I am glad that Heath won the award for Supporting Actor, and the speech his Mum, Dad, Sister gave was very well done and a good way to remember Heath. I thought I had read that Matilda (his daughter) and Michelle Williams was going to be collecting the award on his behalf but as stated above the media is not reliable when it comes to peoples business in the entertainment industry.

Can't wait until next years show now, and can we not just have Hugh again presenting it, he was fantastic. :D

Archived