Photoshop Help!

Guest Emma

Hi I just opened my photoshop :D i'm gonna tell you how i do it. I know There's more than one way to do it..

First you go to "File" choose "save for web & Devices", a new window opens in the right corner you change the Image size.

when you're finished you choose "Save" >> not "Done" otherwise you'll have to do it all over again :)

I usually find it easiest to create a new 120x120 pixel document, then just copy the image you want into there. Go to Transform (CTRL + T), make sure the anchor point of the image is in the centre of the document, and use the W and H boxes at the top to resize it as you wish (also, either click the 'Maintain Aspect Ratio button in the middle, or just simply type the same number into both to keep proportions correct). That way you're not accidentally throwing proportions out by resizing the original image into a square ratio.

Usually when I do it, I just have the image opened on one file and a blank 120x120 and then just drag it into the blank one, and move it until you get the cropping you want. And if the image is too large for the 120x120 image, just go to Image>image size and then put in what you want. Personally, I change the width down to 300 (if it's a average sized cap) because that's usually a good size. The height will change automatically with the width.

But whatever suites you best :)

^The height won't necessarily change with the width. You must make sure that the box that says Constrain Proportions is selected before you change the width. Otherwise you'll just change the width, not the height.

I usually just use the cropping tool by adding in the size I want it to be after it's been cropped. Like, if you want it to be 100*100, type in 3,528 cm on both width and height. If you want it to be 120*120, change both to 4,233 cm. And remember to have the resolution set to 72. If you don't want to type in the numbers, or you want it to be a different size, you could always open a new canvas in the size you want it to be, choose the crop tool and click front image. Then it's just to use the crop tool on your image :) Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

So i'm assuming you all got student editions there or either paid big bucks for it .

:o I once got away with installing a trial (lightroom) 2 times i thought it was because i didn't use the uninstall soft i just deleted it safely from my hard disc.

anyway I can easily get a copy the only problem is i run a mac it's a deferent version and i'm not planning on installing fusion (trial of course! :wink: )or anything just so i can use adobe stuff although some stuff are both win/mac ,alrighty then! :lol::huh::ph34r:

Personally I use the rectangular marquee tool, and in the drop-down box beside: style I select fixed size. En put 250 px in each box, and I click on a region in the image and I can move the square about. Once the square is around the cropping i want I go to Image > rop, then go to Image > Resize and resize it to 120x120. That's the simplest way, IMO.

Archived